Bills and Mario Williams looks to be close to a done deal.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bills and Mario Williams looks to be close to a done deal.

Per PFT..

We noted this morning that Mario Williams and the Bills were getting closer to a contract, and now we have a report that the deal getting done is a sure thing.

Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com quotes a source saying the deal “will be done.”

The deal will surely make Williams the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, and it’s the deal that the Bills have targeted from the outset of free agency. They brought Williams to Buffalo when free agency opened, and they’ve kept him there for two days trying to get a contract hammered out. Williams was thought to be on the verge of leaving to take other visits, but the Bills have given him a hard sell and now appear to have him in the fold.

Buffalo promised to make a splash at the start of free agency, and although it’s taken longer than expected, it looks like it’s about to get done.

Say what you want but the Bills are going all in and are making a huge impact towards fighting for the division.  I'm not super big on Fitz as their QB but when he's on, he's on and he is being surrounded with good enough talent to be a legit contender.  

Another one get's away. C'mon Patriots make some moves here!  Yes, I'm starting to panic early on here.  So much talk just a few weeks ago about how it was possible the Patriots would go after some major players here and they haven't.  One or two big moves here in FA would have really put things in motion towards a SB title. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Bills and Mario Williams looks to be close to a done deal.

Well, now reported it's a done deal.  I never thought he would go to the Bills, would have looked great as a Patriot.

Yep, another one gets away.  Did the Pats even try? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

You're overreacting in my opinion.

As evidenced over the past decade, the key to winning, making the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs, is good coaching and consistent quarterback play.

Those are things that New England has and will have, and that Buffalo doesn't have and won't have.

One player, in this case Mario Williams, isn't going to drastically improve the Bills. A good team is built from the ground up. Signing one player to a massive deal isn't going to put this team over the top, they aren't going to win the division because of this move, and they'll be hindered in the future for doling out this kind of money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

In Response to Re: Bills and Mario Williams looks to be close to a done deal.:
    [QUOTE]Well, now reported it's a done deal.  I never thought he would go to the Bills, would have looked great as a Patriot. Yep, another one gets away.  Did the Pats even try? 
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

?????????????????????????????Yep, here we go again! Same old, same old!
    I would like to see (And I am sure the rest of you would also.) at least one more ring for TB/BB before the both retire. Tick Tock, Goes Tommy's Clock!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bills and Mario Williams looks to be close to a done deal. : ?????????????????????????????Yep, here we go again! Same old, same old!
    Posted by UPSTATENYPATSFAN[/QUOTE]

Did you mean "same old Bills won't be going to the playoffs while same old Patriots will"?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Too much $, resign Anderson and take a nasty DT in the draft.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from James-B. Show James-B's posts

No Big deal.....check out how many games he's missed the last few seasons due to injury....also wonder how the Buffalo climate will affect him, along with the Ralph Wilson Stadium......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]No Big deal.....check out how many games he's missed the last few seasons due to injury....Posted by James-B[/QUOTE]

He missed a lot of games..Well BB usually picks up those type of players so I thought Mario was a sure thing for the Pats.

The Pats just picked up DT that only played 5 games in 2010 and failed his physical in 2011 and didn't play.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Super Mario on the Houston team for rookie money is a dangerous team.

The downside of hiring any player for $100 million over 6 years is that the salary cap money could have been spent elsewhere.  Super Mario does what he does, so simply double team him and get rid of the football quickly.  With that kind of money, some other places on the team will just have to smell a bit.

It's not the top player on the team, it's the 53rd player that counts. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

Excuse my post BUT who will gave all
    out to play Football with $50,000.000 guaranteed
    money in the bank.

Sections
Shortcuts