Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD

Sorry...but don't expect me to get excited over this win at home over "the mighty" Buffalo Bills! Other than the "Mighty One", are any of you ready to reserve February flights to Dallas, after seeing this performance? Let the Patriots go into Miami and beat the Dolphins next week, and maybe we'll have something to be positive about. Can any of you remember the last time that the Patriots went on the road and beat a good team?
         Here are my grades:

A.) OFFENSE: Aside from a dropped pass or two, and a horrible fumble by Brandon Tate, the Brady Boys were, as expected, back on track this week against the woeful Bills.

1.) QB:
    Tom Brady bounced back nicely from his awful performance against the Jets, completing 21 of 27 passes for 252 yards, 3 TDs, and no picks. Overall, the offense accounted for 445 total yards, and 25 first downs. Six different players contributed with a reception of 21 yards or more...and the running game for a change did its part. All served to provide Tom with a relatively comfortable afternoon in the pocket. When Brady is able to run play-action passes, as was the case today, he's virtually unstoppable.
    GRADE: A;

2.) RBs: BenJarvis Green-Ellis may have staked a claim to the starting RB job with a hard-running, 16 carry, 98 yard performance. Danny Woodhead did a great Kevin Faulk impersonation with 42 yards on just 3 carries, and a TD...while Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris were reduced to cameo roles. Perhaps the addition of a good, young RB would serve to make Tom Brady far more effective, and extend his career.
    GRADE: B+;

3.) OL:
    Other than some inexcusable false start penalties, a strong performance from the men up front. They opened holes for the RBs, and provided ample time for the "Terrific One" to work his magic:
    GRADE: A-;

4.) TEs and WRs:
    If he remains healthy, Rob Gronkowski may develop into a pro-bowl caliber TE. He appears to be both a punishing blocker, and a guy who will blossom into a dependable target across the middle. He has already shown his worth in the red zone. Aaron Hernandez had another solid game as a receiver, hauling in 6 passes for 65 yards. As for the WRs, though Randy Moss caught only two balls, both were for TDs. Moss climbed to second on the all-time TD receptions list with 151, second only to Jerry Rice's 197. Wes Welker had 4 catches for 45 yards, but one 8 yard grab kept the game clinching TD drive alive. Bad fumble after catch by Brandon Tate, which helped allow the Bills to "hang around":
    GRADE: B+

B.) DEFENSE:
    Sorry, kool-aiders...but this unit is terrible. Today they allowed the worst offense in the NFL to gain 374 total yards, and score 23 points (7 more came on a kick-off return...discussed below). When you consider that all of this was accomplished by Buffalo in less than 28 minutes of offense...YUCK!! The "D" nearly allowed former Havard QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to pull off an upset. I find that rather upsetting.

1.) DL:
    The Bills rushed 24 times for 134 yards...an average of 5.6 yards per rush. Vince Wilfolk did not make the stats sheet. Need I say more?
    GRADE: D-;

2.) LBs:
    Jerod Mayo led the team in tackles with nine, including six solos, and one sack. Gary Guyton chipped in with 5 tackles, and four solos. As usual, there was little production from the OLBs...although Jermaine Cunningham was credited with a QB hit:
    GRADE: C;

3.) SECONDARY:
    Though interceptions by Patrick Chung and Brandon Meriweather sealed the deal, this group allowed "The Great Fitzie" to complete 20 of 28 passes for 247 yards, and two TDs...one of which was a 37 yard completion late in the 4th quarter, against Devin McCourtey, who was playimg in a very soft zone defense. This allowed the Bills to get back in the game, at 38-30. Some good run support, especially by Chung. But, you have to wonder how this game would have turned out if this group was facing a legitimate NFL QB:
    GRADE: C-           

C.) SPECIAL TEAMS: Whenever a team gives up a TD on a kick return, it's a disaster. Such was the case today. After the Pats had gone up, 24-16, on a beautiful 35 yard Brady to Moss hook-up...this unit allowed the dangerous C.J. Spiller to return a kick-off 95 yards. The return seemingly turned the momentum of the game in favor of the Bills. But, fortunately, the Brady Boys proved to be too much for the Buffalo "D" to overcome. I don't have the same confidence in "The Ghost" as I once had. But, Gostkowski did nail a clutch 43 yarder to put the Pats ahead at halftime, 17-16...saving his squad from what certainly would have been a chorus of boos. Other than Spiller TD return, the kick coverage was good...and Brandon Tate continues to do a good job on kick-off returns. So ineffective was the Patriots' defense that the Bills only had to punt once, all afternoon. Punter Zoltan Mesko averaged a Hanson-esque 37 yards per punt, including a 36 yarder, which set up the Bills in decent field position for their last gasp drive:
    GRADE: C-  

D.) COACHING: The coverage schemes that are being employed are not working. There comes a point where you can only do so much with "scheming". After that, talent, or lack thereof, dictates success or failure. The CB combinations of Devin McCourtey, Darius Butler, Whilite, and Arrington did not get it done, yet again. This, along with the teams' failure to generate a pass-rush, is proving to be a deadly combination. If that weren't bad enough, the Pats aren't stopping the run, either.
         I don't know what can be done...other than await the 2011 draft...and re-load at DE, OLB, RB, and, yes...CB. Next week at Miami will give a true indication as to whether this team can contend in their division...or if this season should merely be looked upon as a rebuilding year.
    GRADE: C+

E.) PLAY OF THE GAME: Hard to pick one play, as this game was decided by a lot of "little-big plays", like the Tom Brady 9 yard scramble to keep the game clinching drive alive on a 3rd and 6...and later in that same drive, when Brady converted on another 3rd and 6, with an 8 yard pass to Wes Welker. But, if I have to pick one play, I'll go with the 35 yard Brady to Moss TD pass early in the 3rd quarter, which gave the Pats a 24-16 lead.

F.) PLAYER OF THE GAME: Tom Brady.

Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300926017.

Thoughts? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD

In Response to Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]     ... Aaron Hernandez had another solid game as a receiver, hauling in 6 passes for 65 yards. ...      Thoughts?            
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Hernandez reminds me of Kellen Winslow Sr.  Really a matchup nightmare for the defense. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Nice report card.....I hope BB has the entire defense working on their tackling skills this week.  So many missed tackles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

As for the defense, I expect it to get better.  I don't care about yards.  The Saints gave up nearly 360 yds/game last year and finished 25th in total defense.  This team can still win a championship, despite the Doubting Thomases (or Texes).  Doesn't mean they will, but I expect them to be in the hunt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southendboy. Show southendboy's posts

[QUOTE]     Sorry...but don't expect me to get excited over this win at home over "the mighty" Buffalo Bills! Other than the "Mighty One", are any of you ready to reserve February flights to Dallas, after seeing this performance? Let the Patriots go into Miami and beat the Dolphins next week, and maybe we'll have something to be positive about. Can any of you remember the last time that the Patriots went on the road and beat a good team?      Here are my grades: A.) OFFENSE: Aside from a dropped pass or two, and a horrible fumble by Brandon Tate, the Brady Boys were, as expected, back on track this week against the woeful Bills .      1.) QB: Tom Brady bounced back nicely from his awful performance against the Jets, completing 21 of 27 passes for 252 yards, 3 TDs, and no picks. Overall, the offense accounted for 445 total yards, and 25 first downs. Six different players contributed with a reception of 21 yards or more...and the running game for a change did its part. All served to provide Tom with a relatively comfortable afternoon in the pocket. When Brady is able to run play-action passes, as was the case today, he's virtually unstoppable. GRADE: A;      2.) RBs: BenJarvis Green-Ellis may have staked a claim to the starting RB job with a hard-running, 16 carry, 98 yard performance. Danny Woodhead did a great Kevin Faulk impersonation with 42 yards on just 3 carries, and a TD...while Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris were reduced to cameo roles. Perhaps the addition of a good, young RB would serve to make Tom Brady far more effective, and extend his career. GRADE: B+;       3.) OL: Other than some inexcusable false start penalties, a strong performance from the men up front. They opened holes for the RBs, and provided ample time for the "Terrific One" to work his magic: GRADE: A-;       4.) TEs and WRs: If he remains healthy, Rob Gronkowski may develop into a pro-bowl caliber TE. He appears to be both a punishing blocker, and a guy who will blossom into a dependable target across the middle. He has already shown his worth in the red zone. Aaron Hernandez had another solid game as a receiver, hauling in 6 passes for 65 yards. As for the WRs, though Randy Moss caught only two balls, both were for TDs. Moss climbed to second on the all-time TD receptions list with 151, second only to Jerry Rice's 197. Wes Welker had 4 catches for 45 yards, but one 8 yard grab kept the game clinching TD drive alive. Bad fumble after catch by Brandon Tate, which helped allow the Bills to "hang around": GRADE: B+ B.) DEFENSE: Sorry, kool-aiders...but this unit is terrible. Today they allowed the worst offense in the NFL to gain 374 total yards, and score 23 points (7 more came on a kick-off return...discussed below). When you consider that all of this was accomplished by Buffalo in less than 28 minutes of offense...YUCK!! The "D" nearly allowed former Havard QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to pull off an upset. I find that rather upsetting .       1.) DL: The Bills rushed 24 times for 134 yards...an average of 5.6 yards per rush. Vince Wilfolk did not make the stats sheet. Need I say more? GRADE: D-;       2.) LBs: Jerod Mayo led the team in tackles with nine, including six solos, and one sack. Gary Guyton chipped in with 5 tackles, and four solos. As usual, there was little production from the OLBs...although Jermaine Cunningham was credited with a QB hit: GRADE: C;       3.) SECONDARY: Though interceptions by Patrick Chung and Brandon Meriweather sealed the deal, this group allowed "The Great Fitzie" to complete 20 of 28 passes for 247 yards, and two TDs...one of which was a 37 yard completion late in the 4th quarter, against Devin McCourtey, who was playimg in a very soft zone defense. This allowed the Bills to get back in the game, at 38-30. Some good run support, especially by Chung. But, you have to wonder how this game would have turned out if this group was facing a legitimate NFL QB: GRADE: D+             C.) SPECIAL TEAMS: Whenever a team gives up a TD on a kick return, it's a disaster. Such was the case today. After the Pats had gone up, 24-16, on a beautiful 35 yard Brady to Moss hook-up...this unit allowed the dangerous C.J. Spiller to return a kick-off 95 yards. The return seemingly turned the momentum of the game in favor of the Bills. But, fortunately, the Brady Boys proved to be too much for the Buffalo "D" to overcome. I don't have the same confidence in "The Ghost" as I once had. But, Gostkowski did nail a clutch 43 yarder to put the Pats ahead at halftime, 17-16...saving his squad from what certainly would have been a chorus of boos. Other than Spiller TD return, the kick coverage was good...and Brandon Tate continues to do a good job on kick-off returns. So ineffective was the Patriots' defense that the Bills only had to punt once, all afternoon. Punter Zoltan Mesko averaged a Hanson-esque 37 yards per punt, including a 36 yarder, which set up the Bills in decent field position for their last gasp drive: GRADE: C-    D.) COACHING: The coverage schemes that are being employed are not working. There comes a point where you can only do so much with "scheming". After that, talent, or lack thereof, dictates success or failure. The CB combinations of Devin McCourtey, Darius Butler, Whilite, and Arrington did not get it done, yet again. This, along with the teams' failure to generate a pass-rush, is proving to be a deadly combination. If that weren't bad enough, the Pats aren't stopping the run, either.      I don't know what can be done...other than await the 2011 draft...and re-load at DE, OLB, RB, and, yes...CB. Next week at Miami will give a true indication as to whether this team can contend in their division...or if this season should merely be looked upon as a rebuilding year. GRADE: C+ E.) PLAY OF THE GAME: Hard to pick one play, as this game was decided by a lot of "little-big plays", like the Tom Brady 9 yard scramble to keep the game clinching drive alive on a 3rd and 6...and later in that same drive, when Brady converted on another 3rd and 6, with an 8 yard pass to Wes Welker. But, if I have to pick one play, I'll go with the 35 yard Brady to Moss TD pass early in the 3rd quarter, which gave the Pats a 24-16 lead. F.) PLAYER OF THE GAME: Tom Brady.      Here are the game stats: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=300926017 .      Thoughts?            

Great analysis!  I love the young tight ends...that's about it.  This team will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games...BB and the Kraft boys have let this team decline to this point...only explanation is kraft is hurting financially with the crash and patriot place is probably a financial disaster.  Sorry but T Brady will not get another ring here to go with his $72M.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Great analysis!  I love the young tight ends...that's about it.  This team will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games...BB and the Kraft boys have let this team decline to this point...only explanation is kraft is hurting financially with the crash and patriot place is probably a financial disaster.  Sorry but T Brady will not get another ring here to go with his $72M.
    Posted by southendboy[/QUOTE]

Only explanation for this post is you're stupid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

One thing I'd like to point out regarding Fitzpatrick.  These BB led Patriots frequently allow backup QB's to look like pro bowlers.  The list of such QB's merely grew by one today.  I guess that since the Pats are such a "game plan" team, they usually look bad when facing a QB with little tape to watch and study.

Not saying they played well, merely that it should come as no surprise whatsoever that Fitzpatrick did well against us.  This was but one of many times we made a backup (even though a starter now) look good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]As for the defense, I expect it to get better.  I don't care about yards.  The Saints gave up nearly 360 yds/game last year and finished 25th in total defense.  This team can still win a championship, despite the Doubting Thomases (or Texes).  Doesn't mean they will, but I expect them to be in the hunt.
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right, Muz...but I don't see it. The Pats are weak at DE, OLB, and, still, at CB. That's too many holes to account for. Lack of a pass-rush makes the weakness at CB worse. Big game next week will tell us whether the Pats are contenders, or pretenders.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from my10sense2. Show my10sense2's posts

You do know there's a hard cap in football?  That when you're successful, everybody starts wanting your guys and their price goes up, and you're not allowed to simply pay all of them what they want (which in some cases they actually deserve).  It's this sinister scheme to try and give every team and city a better chance to compete, and makes the three super bowl victories even more impressive...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Great analysis!  I love the young tight ends...that's about it.  This team will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games...BB and the Kraft boys have let this team decline to this point...only explanation is kraft is hurting financially with the crash and patriot place is probably a financial disaster.  Sorry but T Brady will not get another ring here to go with his $72M.
    Posted by southendboy[/QUOTE]

Ever hear of the salary cap genius. I never knew there were such whiners in Southie. You must be part of the new yuppie southie

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]You do know there's a hard cap in football?  That when you're successful, everybody starts wanting your guys and their price goes up, and you're not allowed to simply pay all of them what they want (which in some cases they actually deserve).  It's this sinister scheme to try and give every team and city a better chance to compete, and makes the three super bowl victories even more impressive...
    Posted by my10sense2[/QUOTE]

And your point is...?? Some poor drafting, injuries, and old age, not the salary cap, is what has hurt this team. You do know that there is no salary cap in place this season?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Tpat.... that worst offense in the league was led by Trent Edwards, today like caraway says we created a new starter in the league. Fitzpatrick played well.

good analysis overall

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Good post. Honest and dead on accurate in my opinion. You will get slammed by the koolaiders for sure. This offense has a lot of talent, it's too bad they are just pathetic on defense. Beyond ridiculous really. It amazes me that they are that bad, it was worse than my grim analysis at the end of the preseason.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]What would make anyone think this defense will get better????? They are aweful in all phases.  We have three noseguards on the defensive line (Brace, Wilfork,Warren) and were soft against the run.  We have three noseguards who are slow as molasses and give no push on passing plays.  The opposing QB's can step up into thier throws with ease.  Everyone blames the D-backs for the passing game, but  no one can cover receivers that long.  This is the worst defense in the NFL hands down.  Ryan Fitzpatrick looked like Dan Marino.  
    Posted by RiceintheHall[/QUOTE]

Too many Pats fans are living in the past. I wish their "D" were better, but...it is what it is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxnsl. Show maxnsl's posts

Correct me if Im wrong but it seemed Wilfok was handled 1 0n 1. I thought any top nose would have to be doubled

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"  Sorry...but don't expect me to get excited over this win at home over "the mighty" Buffalo Bills! Other than the "Mighty One", are any of you ready to reserve February flights to Dallas, after seeing this performance? Let the Patriots go into Miami and beat the Dolphins next week, and maybe we'll have something to be positive about. Can any of you remember the last time that the Patriots went on the road and beat a good team? "
         quote Texas Pat

Yes, We beat every road team we faced in 2007 the last time Tom Brady was  healthy. Oh that's right in your eyes that was the last time Brady will ever be a clutch QB. I forgot the the reason we have not won a SB is because Brady can't get over the 07 SB( your words)

I did not like the defense against the worst offense in the league and surely we will have problems against good Qbs, but at least on offense we finally showed a commitment to run the dam football. Although now that Fred Taylor is injured again we'll see if we keep that up.

Anyway Tex, the D didn't look good, as you are quick to point out, you seem like your gloating about that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I thought NE is 3 - 0 after this week with a stingy, exciting young D?
    Oh wait, that's the NE Chiefs LOL

Too bad we did not nab Romeo and looks like Pioli was the better judge of talent than BB and the real genius?

Isn't whining about the D every week overstating the obvious? We are going to have to win with an elite offense every week and so far have done that 2 of 3 times including a pretty good Bungles team who beat the Ravens.

I disagree though about those who say the young Patriots D can't improve week to week.
    Week 1 - 24 points against
    Week 2 - 28 points against
    Week 3 - 23 points against

If the D can just stop 1 more drive per game and give up 17 to 20 points a game i think we could be a 10 plus win team. They really are not that far off if you factor in the 2 INTS today, 2 TO'S on D every week and we will win nearly every game if our offense shows up.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

[QUOTE]D.) COACHING: The coverage schemes that are being employed are not working. There comes a point where you can only do so much with "scheming". After that, talent, or lack thereof, dictates success or failure. The CB combinations of Devin McCourtey, Darius Butler, Whilite, and Arrington did not get it done, yet again. This, along with the teams' failure to generate a pass-rush, is proving to be a deadly combination. If that weren't bad enough, the Pats aren't stopping the run, either.      I don't know what can be done...other than await the 2011 draft...and re-load at DE, OLB, RB, and, yes...CB. Next week at Miami will give a true indication as to whether this team can contend in their division...or if this season should merely be looked upon as a rebuilding year. GRADE: C+ E.)

Thoughts?            

They could go man to man and ditch the complex read and react zone schemes that resemble the 2000 defense. Crennel arrived in 2001 and we all know the results. RAC simplified the D and molded it into a great unit.

I refuse to believe that their players on D are this bad. The young DBs look lost in BB's system right now. A coordinator is sorely needed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]"  Sorry...but don't expect me to get excited over this win at home over "the mighty" Buffalo Bills! Other than the "Mighty One", are any of you ready to reserve February flights to Dallas, after seeing this performance? Let the Patriots go into Miami and beat the Dolphins next week, and maybe we'll have something to be positive about. Can any of you remember the last time that the Patriots went on the road and beat a good team? "      quote Texas Pat Yes, We beat every road team we faced in 2007 the last time Tom Brady was  healthy.

RESPONSE: Absolutely right. That was more than 2 seasons ago. You think that's good?

Oh that's right in your eyes that was the last time Brady will ever be a clutch QB. I forgot the the reason we have not won a SB is because Brady can't get over the 07 SB( your words)

RESPONSE: I didn't say that the Pats haven't won a SB since the 2007 loss because of Brady. I said that both he and the Patriots have never gotten over losing that game...and it showed in his play at the start of the 2008 season. It is you who are expanding on that. Why can't you put the kool-aid down for a moment and look at this team objectively?

I did not like the defense against the worst offense in the league and surely we will have problems against good Qbs, but at least on offense we finally showed a commitment to run the dam football.

RESPONSE: The "D" is bad even against a weak QB, such as Fitzpatrick. The Pats can commit to the run against weak teams like the Bills. But, against the better teams, their finesse OL tends to get pushed around...making them have to pass to set up the run. 

Although now that Fred Taylor is injured again we'll see if we keep that up.

RESPONSE: BenJarvis Green-Ellis did the heavy lifting today...with some 3rd down help from Danny Woodhead.

Anyway Tex, the D didn't look good, as you are quick to point out, you seem like your gloating about that?

RESPONSE: Come on, Champ. You've been around long enough to know better. I wish that Mayo and Spikes would turn into beasts overnight...that OLBs Cunningham and Crable would play up to their potential, and become great pass-rushers...and that Darius Butler and Devin McCourty would develop into the best CB tandem in the NFL.
         But, as we both know, wishing doesn't make it so...no matter how long we wish. It is what it is.

Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I thought NE is 3 - 0 after this week with a stingy, exciting young D? Oh wait, that's the NE Chiefs LOL Too bad we did not nab Romeo and looks like Pioli was the better judge of talent than BB and the real genius? Isn't whining about the D every week overstating the obvious?

RESPONSE: I analyze each game individually, Since the "D" is awful, they're going to get criticized weak after week...until they show improvement. Call it whining if you will...I call it being objective. It's Patriot fans who can't handle anybody criticizing the team that are the whiners.

We are going to have to win with an elite offense every week and so far have done that 2 of 3 times including a pretty good Bungles team who beat the Ravens.

RESPONSE: That was the formula for 2009, too. The Pats can't beat a good team on the road.

I disagree though about those who say the young Patriots D can't improve week to week. Week 1 - 24 points against Week 2 - 28 points against Week 3 - 23 points against If the D can just stop 1 more drive per game and give up 17 to 20 points a game i think we could be a 10 plus win team. They really are not that far off if you factor in the 2 INTS today, 2 TO'S on D every week and we will win nearly every game if our offense shows up.

RESPONSE: You forget one thing...game 3 was against one of the worse teams in the NFL...and against the statistically worst offense in the NFL. Allowing the Bills' offense to score 23 points in just under 28 minutes is an improvement??? 
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : They could go man to man and ditch the complex read and react zone schemes that resemble the 2000 defense. Crennel arrived in 2001 and we all know the results. RAC simplified the D and molded it into a great unit. I refuse to believe that their players on D are this bad. The young DBs look lost in BB's system right now. A coordinator is sorely needed.
    Posted by CubanPete[/QUOTE]

Cuban...I don't know whether I agree with that. But I do know that what they're doing now isn't working. I agree that their players are better than they've shown thus far. Why the Pats didn't attempt to bring back Crennel is anybody's guess. Maybe they wanted to clear the decks for Matt Patricia and/or Pepper Johnson.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Given the youth on defense it reasonable to expect maturtion and improvement throughout the year.The question is how much and how fast.The loss of Bodden(as most of us said when he went on I.R.)has had an extremely negative effect of the young secondary,as a shut-down or close to a shut-down corner makes every one elses job in the secondary demonstrably simpler.The front seven has to play the run better and some inovative dogs and blitzes by L.B.ers and safeties wouldn't hurt.I hope we get a look at Page soon,he starting experience in the league and could be the blitz guy thy are looking for along with Chung.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I like to think I'm pretty objective Tex. I have already stated that our D has made guys like Sanchez and Fitz look like Probowlers and we are in serious trouble(defensively) when we play real Qbs. I just think you go over the top in your stance against the Pats. I realize you "call them like you see them" I just don't agree with your opinions when you say such extreme things like"Brady can't get over the 07 SB".

To your first statement in your reply- "That was more then 2 seasons ago, you think that's good" Tex, Brady didn't play in 08. He came back from an injury in 09 that all NFL fans agree takes 2 seasons to get back anywhere close to normal. Yet you condemn him for being 10-6 with a BRAND NEW defense and extremely limited offensive weapons.

I already know your response will be, "save the excuses" Well if that is your stance then you are no better then these fair weather fans who think anything less then a SB is a complete failure. We have been spoiled to a degree with the the run in the 1st half of this decade. Beyond that we have been a team that is a yearly playoff contender. We have gone through the proverbial "Rebuilding year last year with a Qb rehabbing the worst knee injury a guy can have and still maintained a 10-6 record. We are now attempting to overcome having one of the youngest defense's in the league and a wet behind the ears assistant coaching staff. A lot of shoes to fill for this team and I personally think we have enough talent to over come our obstacles and make a legitimate run come December.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD :

My humor is wasted on you. I say the D is bad for 3 weeks just not in the manner of a 3 year old girl. Run D in particular. But calling people whiners is just plain fun, especially those who take themselves so SERIOUSLY here and say the same thing over and over. Just copy/paste your thoughts on the D every week and save yourself some time typing.  Yawwwn.

How do you know Buffalo is one of the worst teams now that they changed QB's? Because of stats? Stats are for losers. What if they string a few wins together, you know, like the Bungles did after we beat them? They played Miami tough(15-10) and they played Green Bay even for a half. Now with Edwards out they could be dangerous.

Once again swami, they can't beat a good team on the road or have not beaten a good team on the road yet this year thru 1 game? You forget, every game is a new season. It's not how you start, it's how you finish. When was the last time you had fun watching a Patriots game? You seem more concerned to type out your precious report card than to actually just enjoy watching the game.

What about Pioli being a better judge of talent than BB? The evidence is certainly there.

What about the big win versus the Bungles, no comment?

Maybe it's time for you to lay off the hard liquor, you only have one liver, just saying.Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ictkspatriot. Show ictkspatriot's posts

After reading this, you would think the Pats lost.

Sections
Shortcuts