Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD

Shenanigan has summed up my feelings as well.

"In 2008, Tom Brady appeared to be sleep-walking through game one against the dreadful Kansas City Chiefs at home...until he was rudely awakened by a lunging blow to his knee, ending his season."

"...he and the Patriots have never gotten over losing that game...and it showed in his play at the start of the 2008 season."

"He seemed in a fog as the season opened in 2008...and suffered his knee injury."

I don't know why your getting defensive about my paraphrasing.  Ok, he wasn't lazily walking through the game he was "in a fog" and that didn't cause his injury it "contributed to it."  Yes, that statement is garbage, it is not analysis, it is not objective.  Not only can you not really draw any conclusions about how Brady played in 2008 where is was a respectable 7 for 11 for 76 yards before getting injured but you can't possibly know what his state of mind is.  It is arrogant to think you can.  And yes, claiming Brady and the team are bothered by the SB loss is claiming you know what's in their heads.  You don't.

And TP would you agree with Rajon that the Pats are not trying to win this year?

RESPONSE: Of course not. Their problem is that their "D" stinks.

And do both of you think this is the sort of objective fact based analysis that is above criticism?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD:
    In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : - This is a good example of the type of tactics used by many posters on this forum to try to squelch criticism by the use of ridicule, weak sarcasm, and other forms of put downs such as: 1.  Make false assumptions and present them as facts 2.  Mis-quoting, 3.  Putting words in people's mouth 4. Taking things out of context. - - - - - From shenanigan's post: You are complaining about people complaining about the complainers.  No, I am not complaining at all.  I am pointing out an obvious fact. So you and TexasPat are objective.  Based on the fact that you both say you are objective.  I never said that I was objective, I don't know about TP. Then I suppose you would agree with TP that Brady lazily walked through the 15 minutes or so he played in the 08 chiefs game and he was in a "fog" from the SB loss causing him to get injured. I'm not sure Tex put it that way or meant it that way:  are you mis-quoting or taking it out of context?  The possibility of the SB loss having a long term effect on TB and the Pats is something I have never considered, but it certainly has made me think about it since I read it from TP. And TP would you agree with Rajon that the Pats are not trying to win this year?  I never said that, another mis-quote:  I said that I think the Pats management are not Championship Driven this season, but that it is ridiculous to extrapolate that into saying the Pats are not trying to win.  Maybe the difference is too complex to discern for some people.  Of course they are trying to win and they will win their share of games and maybe go to the playoffs, but in an un-capped year they have not gone out and gotten the horses to be Championship Driven.  Or even signed all the horses they have under contract. And do both of you think this is the sort of objective fact based analysis that is above criticism? What are you talking about ? Maybe more of you fans upset with critical commentary should be working on your own fact based analyses to support your point of view and start detailed threads laying it all out for everyone to see instead of sniping from the side-lines at others. 
    Posted by RajonRondowski

This is brutal, OK I will directly quote you now.

"BB and BK are not committed to winning this season, of that I am convinced..."

"the Krafts will make hundreds of millions of dollars while giving the appearance of trying, and you and me and Brady and Moss and Welker will be left holding the bag rooting for and playing for a team without the depth of talent, especially on defense, needed to compete with the elite teams.  I'm just of the opinion that we won't be going to the Super Bowl this season and that is what I am saying when I say they are not committed to winning it all."

Now if you think that these quotes do not say the same thing as the Pats are not trying to win than you need some reading comprehension.  You literally wrote that they are not committed to winning this season.  How can you possibly back off from that statement now and claim I am putting words in your mouth.  OK, lets go through your list, did I
    1.  Make false assumptions and present them as facts.  Umm...no.  You not owning up to what you said does not make it a fallacy that you said it.

2.  Mis-quote you- No, I paraphrased.  Any reasonable person can see that I paraphrased what you said.  A quotation uses quotation marks.  I have now quoted you at the top of my post.

3.  Put words in your mouth- No

4.  Taking things out of context- OK, I didn't see the context being important here but here goes.  People, Rajon made these quotes in the context that Wes Welker might be risking his career by playing this soon especially when the Patriots are not committed to winning.  There, can't see how that matters but there you go.

Now as far as you complaining, yes that is what you're doing unless you want me to quote the dictionary for you.  Yes, I am complaining about you complaining about people complaining about the complainers.

You want to see my criticisms and analysis you can click on my name and read them. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : You are complaining about people complaining about the complainers.  So you and TexasPat are objective.  Based on the fact that you both say you are objective.  Then I suppose you would agree with TP that Brady lazily walked through the 15 minutes or so he played in the 08 chiefs game and he was in a "fog" from the SB loss causing him to get injured.   RESPONSE: If you're going to use my words...please use them correctly. Where did I say that Brady "lazily walked through the 15 minutes or so" of the KC game? What I said was that he appeared as if he were playing in a fog...and was not really into the game.  I also never said that it "caused him to get injured"...but I do feel that his state of mind contributed to him getting hurt. Here's your Quotes: " In 2008, Tom Brady appeared to be sleep-walking through game one against the dreadful Kansas City Chiefs at home...until he was rudely awakened by a lunging blow to his knee, ending his season." "...he and the Patriots have never gotten over losing that game...and it showed in his play at the start of the 2008 season ." "He seemed in a fog as the season opened in 2008...and suffered his knee injury." I don't know why your getting defensive about my paraphrasing.  Ok, he wasn't lazily walking through the game he was "in a fog" and that didn't cause his injury it "contributed to it."  Yes, that statement is garbage, it is not analysis, it is not objective.

RESPONSE: As I've said on several occasions now, it is MY OPINION. Furthermore, why do you and other kool-aiders find it necessary to twist my words? There's a huge difference between being in a fog...which indicates that his mind wasn't in the game...and him being lazy.
         As for my statement being garbage, I am entitled to my opinion...just as you are.

Not only can you not really draw any conclusions about how Brady played in 2008 where is was a respectable 7 for 11 for 76 yards before getting injured but you can't possibly know what his state of mind is.  It is arrogant to think you can.

RESPONSE: I have watched him play since he came into the league, and, based on MY OPINION, he was out of sorts in that game, as if his mind were elsewhere. How is that arrogant? What's arrogant is you taking the position that there's no validity to my comments. How do you know? What makes you right?   

And yes, claiming Brady and the team are bothered by the SB loss is claiming you know what's in their heads.  You don't.

RESPONSE: And you do? Any human being would be bothered by so devastating a loss...with so much riding on that one game. It was the type of loss that a player will take to his grave.

And TP would you agree with Rajon that the Pats are not trying to win this year? RESPONSE: Of course not. Their problem is that their "D" stinks. And do both of you think this is the sort of objective fact based analysis that is above criticism?

RESPONSE: I have explained in detail, using stats, why their defense stinks. Do you think they have a good defense? But, if you wish to live in a fantasy world where everything Patriots is wonderful, be my guest. 

RESPONSE: What the hell are you talking about? I'm saying the reason you are getting criticized by the regulars around here is because of this sort or garbage psychoanalysis.  I've seen Zbellino, Tcal, Killa, Mighty, CarawayDJ, Pmike, myself and plenty of others criticize the Pats play.  They can stick to facts, and nobody jumps on them because they know what they're talking about and don't try to interject into the state of mind of the players.

RESPONSE: What does Brady's state of mind have to do with the Pats' terrible defense? That said, I do think that, after the SB, that the Patriots lost their swagger. They haven't beaten a good team on the road since that loss. That's a fact. They are constantly blowing games in the second half. That's a fact. Want more facts?: Here are some cold, hard ones: www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3315_Jets_find_Belichick_Defense_the_cure_for_what_ails_ya.html">http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3315_Jets_find_Belichick
    _Defense_the_cure_for_what_ails_ya.html; and http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=lundblad_jeremy&id=5606325

The Defense has played bad, not everybody, but some people.  Zbellino gives good breakdowns of plays and what went wrong, so does Reiss.

RESPONSE: The defense has collectively stunk. If you don't like what I have to say, simply place me on ignore and go read "Z"  and Reiss. 
    Posted by shenanigan
    Posted by shenanigan

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPatJR. Show TexasPatJR's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : You are complaining about people complaining about the complainers.  So you and TexasPat are objective.  Based on the fact that you both say you are objective.  Then I suppose you would agree with TP that Brady lazily walked through the 15 minutes or so he played in the 08 chiefs game and he was in a "fog" from the SB loss causing him to get injured.   RESPONSE: If you're going to use my words...please use them correctly. Where did I say that Brady "lazily walked through the 15 minutes or so" of the KC game? What I said was that he appeared as if he were playing in a fog...and was not really into the game.  I also never said that it "caused him to get injured"...but I do feel that his state of mind contributed to him getting hurt. Here's your Quotes: " In 2008, Tom Brady appeared to be sleep-walking through game one against the dreadful Kansas City Chiefs at home...until he was rudely awakened by a lunging blow to his knee, ending his season." "...he and the Patriots have never gotten over losing that game...and it showed in his play at the start of the 2008 season ." "He seemed in a fog as the season opened in 2008...and suffered his knee injury." I don't know why your getting defensive about my paraphrasing.  Ok, he wasn't lazily walking through the game he was "in a fog" and that didn't cause his injury it "contributed to it."  Yes, that statement is garbage, it is not analysis, it is not objective.  Not only can you not really draw any conclusions about how Brady played in 2008 where is was a respectable 7 for 11 for 76 yards before getting injured but you can't possibly know what his state of mind is.  It is arrogant to think you can.  And yes, claiming Brady and the team are bothered by the SB loss is claiming you know what's in their heads.  You don't. And TP would you agree with Rajon that the Pats are not trying to win this year? RESPONSE: Of course not. Their problem is that their "D" stinks. And do both of you think this is the sort of objective fact based analysis that is above criticism? RESPONSE: What the hell are you talking about? I'm saying the reason you are getting criticized by the regulars around here is because of this sort or garbage psychoanalysis.  I've seen Zbellino, Tcal, Killa, Mighty, CarawayDJ, Pmike, myself and plenty of others criticize the Pats play.  They can stick to facts, and nobody jumps on them because they know what they're talking about and don't try to interject into the state of mind of the players.  The Defense has played bad, not everybody, but some people.  Zbellino gives good breakdowns of plays and what went wrong, so does Reiss.  Posted by shenanigan
    Posted by shenanigan

You leave my Daddy alone. He's going to be a real sports writer some day when he syndicates all the posts from this forum.Then he can post his opinion and make believe it's a fact whenever he wants and nobody can challenge him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD :

This is brutal, OK I will directly quote you now.

"BB and BK are not committed to winning this season , of that I am convinced..." "the Krafts will make hundreds of millions of dollars while giving the appearance of trying, and you and me and Brady and Moss and Welker will be left holding the bag rooting for and playing for a team without the depth of talent, especially on defense, needed to compete with the elite teams.  I'm just of the opinion that we won't be going to the Super Bowl this season and that is what I am saying when I say they are not committed to winning it all. "

You claim that you can paraphrase the above into my saying this:  The Pats are not trying to win."? ? ?

That's not even worth answering it's so far removed from reality.

Now if you think that these quotes do not say the same thing as the Pats are not trying to win than you need some reading comprehension.  You literally wrote that they are not committed to winning this season.  How can you possibly back off from that statement now and claim I am putting words in your mouth. 

You're still trying to do it:  can't you read? I said BK & BB, in other words the management, is not committed to winning it all.

But so what,you don''t have to agree with me or anyone else.

You need to work on reading comprehension, not I.

OK, lets go through your list, did I 1.  Make false assumptions and present them as facts.  Umm...no. 

Oh, yes you did, you made a false assumption that what I said implied that the Pats aren't trying to win and you took it out of context also, the context that said the Pats will win but not be able to win it all.

You not owning up to what you said does not make it a fallacy that you said it.

2.  Mis-quote you- No, I paraphrased.  Any reasonable person can see that I paraphrased what you said.  A quotation uses quotation marks.  I have now quoted you at the top of my post.

Misquote, falsely paraphrase, quit splitting hairs:  whatever you want to call it, it is a misrepresentation.

3.  Put words in your mouth-

Yes.

No 4.  Taking things out of context-

Yes.

OK, I didn't see the context being important here but here goes.  People, Rajon made these quotes in the context that Wes Welker might be risking his career by playing this soon especially when the Patriots are not committed to winning.  There, can't see how that matters but there you go. Now as far as you complaining, yes that is what you're doing unless you want me to quote the dictionary for you.  Yes, I am complaining about you complaining about people complaining about the complainers. You want to see my criticisms and analysis you can click on my name and read them. 
    Posted by shenanigan

You are joking, right?  Labeling someone a complainer or whiner is the favorite cheap tactic of all time on this forum.

Those tawdry tactics used over and over to squelch anyone who offers criticism or a point of view that you don't like just won't work here:  you try to pull out every cheap rhetorical trick but they are as transparent as your arguments.

Back to the drawing board with you, Buddy.

You'd be better off polishing up some stupid one-liners to fit in with the rest of the New England Patriots Franchise can-do-no-wrong crew.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Hey Shenanigan, you know that quote on the bottom of your posts, "I never said most of the things I said"?  That's Rajon in a nutshell.  You're right, brutal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Hey Shenanigan, you know that quote on the bottom of your posts, "I never said most of the things I said"?  That's Rajon in a nutshell.  You're right, brutal.
    Posted by Muzwell

-

Another great one-liner from The Crew!

Oh wait, he managed just a wee bit more than one line.  Congratulations on being so clever.  Your Mum must be so proud.

Oh, brutal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from foxboro1. Show foxboro1's posts

we will know better next week how good fitzpatrick is, he may be better than we think. all those other stats were from edwards. dolphins gave up alot of points to the jets. the pats o is better than jets

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I like how all of a sudden any fan on this forum who thinks the Pats are a legitimate playoff contender is a "koolaid drinker" We have only missed the playoffs once since Tom Brady has been our starting QB(not counting 2008 even though we were 11-5 without him) Guess what people with Tom Brady at the helm and a 2nd year removed from the horrific knee injury we may just be alright.

I would also say it is fair to assume that our young defense and offense will play better as the season rolls along. A lot to be said for chemistry in the NFL IMO. We have talent on defense, they just are not playing as a team yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : You leave my Daddy alone. He's going to be a real sports writer some day when he syndicates all the posts from this forum.Then he can post his opinion and make believe it's a fact whenever he wants and nobody can challenge him.
    Posted by TexasPatJR

Aren't you the clever little troll.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I like how all of a sudden any fan on this forum who thinks the Pats are a legitimate playoff contender is a "koolaid drinker"

RESPONSE: The issue isn't whether the Pats are a legitimate "playoff contender". They are. The issue is whether they are a legitimate SB contender.

We have only missed the playoffs once since Tom Brady has been our starting QB(not counting 2008 even though we were 11-5 without him) Guess what people with Tom Brady at the helm and a 2nd year removed from the horrific knee injury we may just be alright. I would also say it is fair to assume that our young defense and offense will play better as the season rolls along. A lot to be said for chemistry in the NFL IMO. We have talent on defense, they just are not playing as a team yet.

RESPONSE: The problem isn't Brady...it's the terrible defense. There are  gaping holes at DE, OLB, and in the secondary. I believe that secondary  will improve, but lack of a pass rush, poor red zone defense, and trouble stopping the run will prevent this team from becoming a legitimate SB contender.   
    Posted by TrueChamp

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

we will know better next week how good fitzpatrick is, he may be better than we think. all those other stats were from edwards. dolphins gave up alot of points to the jets. the pats o is better than jets
    Posted by foxboro1

We will also know more about the Patriots next Monday night when they travel to Miami. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

-

I like how all of a sudden any fan on this forum who thinks the Pats are a legitimate playoff contender is a "koolaid drinker"

RESPONSE: The issue isn't whether the Pats are a legitimate "playoff contender". They are. The issue is whether they are a legitimate SB contender.

We have only missed the playoffs once since Tom Brady has been our starting QB(not counting 2008 even though we were 11-5 without him) Guess what people with Tom Brady at the helm and a 2nd year removed from the horrific knee injury we may just be alright. I would also say it is fair to assume that our young defense and offense will play better as the season rolls along. A lot to be said for chemistry in the NFL IMO. We have talent on defense, they just are not playing as a team yet.

RESPONSE: The problem isn't Brady...it's theterrible defense. The "D" has gaping holes at DE, OLB, and in the secondary. I believe that secondary  will improve, but lack of a pass rush, poor red zone defense, and trouble stopping the run will preventthis team from becoming a legitimate SB contender. Where have I ever said that Brady is the problem with this team?  
    Posted by TrueChamp  & TexasPat3
    -

I couldn't a said it any better myself, and I concurr with both of youse.  You guys are both right in your own right.

The Pats should go to the playoffs, and anything can happen then. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

The offense seems to have kicked off it's funk. I still think Welker needs more catches, but maybe they're trying to pace his knee. I love seeing Gronk in the red zone, he's a mix of Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. He could be to Brady what Ben Coates was to Bledsoe. What most of us were hoping Watson would become. I also like the comparison of Hernandez to Kellen Winslow (the one from SD). This guy is not only sure handed, but he makes DBs miss. Even when they close in on him he hits them first and keeps going forward. If he's this good as a rookie imagine what he'll be like in a couple years! BJGE is also showing improvement (though we should be measured in our excitement, it was the Bills). The defense scares me, though. In January you face the teams that not only have good offenses led by the Mannings and the Rivers', but they also have good defenses. You cannot count on winning shootouts all the way to Dallas. The secondary is talented, but it would help their development if they had some kind of a pass rush. And all the young guys need some work on tackling and angles. The season is young, but I'm not giving up hope. It's up to the coaches to motivate these kids to be all they can be. I think Tex's grades are fair. Tough, but fair. But then again it's a tough game by nature. I think the defense will improve as the season wears on. Whether that proves to be good enough to beat the top teams remains to be seen.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

TP is right. The secondary will improve over time. The defense's main problems are at the edge. They have one decent OLB and the other side is zero. Almost zero pressure from whoever is opposite TBC and they have trouble containing the run on both sides.

IT doesn't matter how strong you are up the middle if the perimeter is so weak.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

What about Pioli being a better judge of talent than BB? The evidence is certainly there.

RESPONSE: Really? Where's your evidence to back that up? Pioli was here in 2005 when the Pats traded a 3rd round pick for Duane "The Human Torch" Starks, and spent good money to bring in LB Monty Beisel. Pioli was here when the Patriots used their #1 draft picks in 2004 and 2006 on Ben Watson and Laurence Maroney. Pioli was here when the Pats traded away the 52nd and 75th selections in the 2006 draft to move up to #36, to select WR Chad Jackson. 

Oh yeah, BB did not have final say as to who got drafted, those were all SP's picks ROFL, have another Johnnie Walker.

All you have to look at is the tenacious D the Chiefs have(38 total points given up in 3 games) , all those guys were drafted by SP in the last 3 years BY HIMSELF.

Now look at the D that BB has drafted in the last 3 years and tell me what you think of the current Patriots D that was drafted by BB in the last 3 years  BY HIMSELF.

Your trashing the current Pats D(with good reason) but failing to realize that BB has been lost on draft day without SP for 3 years, yet SP has built a top defensive unit in just 3 seasons. Your a genius.

Who is responsible for the current Patriots D that you love so much? LOL!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

In Response to Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : They could go man to man and ditch the complex read and react zone schemes that resemble the 2000 defense. Crennel arrived in 2001 and we all know the results. RAC simplified the D and molded it into a great unit. I refuse to believe that their players on D are this bad. The young DBs look lost in BB's system right now. A coordinator is sorely needed.
    Posted by CubanPete
    Yes...you are correct Pete. Bad "D" Plan is killing these young kids. Let them play man-to-man and hit people. Simplify!!! That's real football.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : What about Pioli being a better judge of talent than BB? The evidence is certainly there.   ...All you have to look at is the tenacious D the Chiefs have(38 total points given up in 3 games) , all those guys were drafted by SP in the last 3 years BY HIMSELF. ...
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

Pioli has had two drafts with KC, not three.  From 2009 he got Tyson Jackson early in round one and he is a borderline bust.  That's basically it, except a field goal kicker who isn't bad.  This year he picked Eric Berry, kind of a no brainer.  When you're picking fifth, you better get somebody good.  Outside of that, Arenas looks like he may be a player, especially as a returner and then McCluster and a tight end in Meoaki.  Am I missing somebody?

I don't know, on balance I think I'd rather have the Pats' last two drafts, thank you very much. 

I don't think KC's defense is all that to be honest.  They played well against SD in the swirling winds and then held off the vaunted Browns and the great Alex Smith.  Let's give it a bit before we crown 'em.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Pioli has had two drafts with KC, not three.  From 2009 he got Tyson Jackson early in round one and he is a borderline bust.  That's basically it, except a field goal kicker who isn't bad.  This year he picked Eric Berry, kind of a no brainer.  When you're picking fifth, you better get somebody good.  Outside of that, Arenas looks like he may be a player, especially as a returner and then McCluster and a tight end in Meoaki.  Am I missing somebody? I don't know, on balance I think I'd rather have the Pats' last two drafts, thank you very much.  I don't think KC's defense is all that to be honest.  They played well against SD in the swirling winds and then held off the vaunted Browns and the great Alex Smith.  Let's give it a bit before we crown 'em.
    Posted by Muzwell

Wow, only 2 drafts then, that's even more impressive. I should revise this to SP's acquisitions on D over the last few years. I guess you have not seen Flowers or Hali play yet.

So you like the Patriots D more than KC's at the moment?

Why do you make sheiite up, who the heii did i crown anything to?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Pioli's biggest additions to the team are none other then Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel. They have stopped the run and have to be near the league in scoring D. They are doing this with theexact same front 7 they had last year. Weiss has taken one of the worst offenses in the league and put up near 30 twice. I wonder how Todd Haley(the offensive mind behind the Cardinals) feels about relinquishing play calling duties to Weiss?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Weiss is better than who the Pats have calling plays but since when is scoring 21 16 and 30 points in putting up near 30 points twice? They also had a defensive touchdown in the game they scored 21.
    Posted by tompenny

Yeah, praise Crennel, he deserves it but i see Weiss as very ordinary at best. Lets not forget that KC is winning with defense and big plays on ST, that kid McCluster has been electric.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : Weiss is better than who the Pats have calling plays but since when is scoring 21 16 and 30 points in putting up near 30 points twice? They also had a defensive touchdown in the game they scored 21.
    Posted by tompenny

I thought they scored 27 against the Bolts.  In any case the point is their offense looks like it will function  better this year. Not something you can say for last year. Weiss will call plays to Cassel's strengths which is hitting underneath stuff and getting the ball in the hands of Charles/Mcluster. I will admit they have better weapons on offense this year adding a steady Thomas Jones to the run game. The defense is where they have made strides so far, as I said with almost exactly the same front 7 and 2 former 1st round guys who are now shredding the bust labels in Dorsey and Jackson. Then again its only week 3, Browns and niners have no offense and they caught the Bolts in game 1 with 2 of their best players holding out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

<<No...you're a kool-aider because you can't stand it when the Pats get criticized. >>

Now you're being just plain silly.  Simply because I don't take matters to the extreme when I talk about a game, a play or a player doesn't warrant name-calling.  If you must label me (and for some reason disagreement seems to elicit that from you, TP3) then label me an IPA-er (Dogfish Head to be precise). 

And for the record, it was actually Flavor Aid that the poor misguided folk drank at Jonestown.  Although Flavoraider doesn't exactly roll off the tongue now, does it?

Legitimate criticism of the team is one thing and is what this forum should welcome in my judgment.  Taking it to the point where anyone who disagrees with you is a *insert pejorative term here* is quite another. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

RESPONSE: As I've said on several occasions now, it is MY OPINION. Furthermore, why do you and other kool-aiders find it necessary to twist my words? There's a huge difference between being in a fog...which indicates that his mind wasn't in the game...and him being lazy.
         As for my statement being garbage, I am entitled to my opinion...just as you are.

-    
    OK, whatever I'm not going to argue semantics with you.  The statement you said, the one that I quoted, the one you wrote about Brady is garbage.  Sure, I guess it's your opinion that Brady was effected by the SB loss and it affected his game play.  It's my opinion that the moon is made of cheese.  But the moon either is or is not made of cheese.  Brady either is or is not bothered by the loss.  One is a fact, one is not.  You couldn't possible know what's inside his head.

Not only can you not really draw any conclusions about how Brady played in 2008 where is was a respectable 7 for 11 for 76 yards before getting injured but you can't possibly know what his state of mind is.  It is arrogant to think you can.

RESPONSE: I have watched him play since he came into the league, and, based on MY OPINION, he was out of sorts in that game, as if his mind were elsewhere. How is that arrogant? What's arrogant is you taking the position that there's no validity to my comments. How do you know? What makes you right?   

-     I'm right because I don't claim to know what's on his mind. 

And yes, claiming Brady and the team are bothered by the SB loss is claiming you know what's in their heads.  You don't.

RESPONSE: And you do? Any human being would be bothered by so devastating a loss...with so much riding on that one game. It was the type of loss that a player will take to his grave.

-     I don't know.  I know Elway lost 3 SB's before winning two.  I don't know Brady or what he thinks or how he feels.  I would never say I do.

And TP would you agree with Rajon that the Pats are not trying to win this year? RESPONSE: Of course not. Their problem is that their "D" stinks. And do both of you think this is the sort of objective fact based analysis that is above criticism?

RESPONSE: I have explained in detail, using stats, why their defense stinks. Do you think they have a good defense? But, if you wish to live in a fantasy world where everything Patriots is wonderful, be my guest. 

-     Do I think the Patriots have a good defense?  Ummm.... in the post that you responded to (and it's still below) I wrote "The defense has played bad".  Who's twisting things now.

RESPONSE: What the hell are you talking about? I'm saying the reason you are getting criticized by the regulars around here is because of this sort or garbage psychoanalysis.  I've seen Zbellino, Tcal, Killa, Mighty, CarawayDJ, Pmike, myself and plenty of others criticize the Pats play.  They can stick to facts, and nobody jumps on them because they know what they're talking about and don't try to interject into the state of mind of the players.

RESPONSE: What does Brady's state of mind have to do with the Pats' terrible defense? That said, I do think that, after the SB, that the Patriots lost their swagger. They haven't beaten a good team on the road since that loss. That's a fact. They are constantly blowing games in the second half. That's a fact. Want more facts?: Here are some cold, hard ones: www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3315_Jets_find_Belichick_Defense_the_cure_for_what_ails_ya.html">www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3315_Jets_find_Belichick_Defense_the_cure_for_what_ails_ya.html">www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3315_Jets_find_Belichick">http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3315_Jets_find_Belichick
    _Defense_the_cure_for_what_ails_ya.html; and http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/columns/story?columnist=lundblad_jeremy&id=5606325

-     Brady's state of mind doesn't have anything to do with the defense.  Really, I don't know that anybody has said the defense played well.  Nobody is disagreeing with that point, it's the other stuff.

The Defense has played bad, not everybody, but some people.  Zbellino gives good breakdowns of plays and what went wrong, so does Reiss.

RESPONSE: The defense has collectively stunk. If you don't like what I have to say, simply place me on ignore and go read "Z"  and Reiss. 

-    
    Yeah, and you can place me on ignore also.  Look, I don't usually mind reading your grades, they at least create good talking points for discussion which is why I come here, but lately they've been full of absurdities.  I figured since you and Rajon were both enjoyed saying that anyone that disagrees with you is a Kool aid drinker and can't except "facts" than I would present your absurd statements to each other and see if you could see why people discredit your opinion.  He thought your statement about Brady might have some validity, you dismissed his. 

What I'm telling you is when you make statements about Brady's state of mind and other absurdities that you couldn't possibly know it discredits your whole post.  It sounds like your just bitter about a loss and are throwing unfounded insults out at the Pats. 

Many people have tried to politely tell you the same thing.  Instead of just admitting you were p*ssed about losing to the Jets when you said the stuff about Brady being in a fog and that contributing to his injury you have stubbornly stuck by that statement. 

That's all, I don't hate you TP.  I would just rather see you get back to football, so I can enjoy reading your posts.  I don't always agree with your grades but I can accept that we can disagree on that sometimes but when your saying stuff about the Pats or Brady't state of mind than I can't take your grades seriously. 

I've said my piece now so I'm done with this thread.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots REPORT CARD : ...Knowing what the Pats need and watching Peppers play last night was like watching a boat heading out fishing while you're on your way to work.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

Yes, I remember the arguments last year about whether the Pats should try and get Peppers: "He's a bad fit,"  "never played in a 3-4," "never played OLB," "his best days are behind him," blah, blah.  Bottom line is he's a 290 lb. beast with about 5% body fat.  He can play anywhere he wants in any system.  Could play tight end if he had to.

Sections
Shortcuts