Bills @ Patriots Report Card

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Bills @ Patriots Report Card

In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots Report Card:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bills @ Patriots Report Card : I'd only disagree with QB and secondary. Brady clearly was working the rust off in the first half, which i wouldn't even count in grading him. He returned to vintage brady in the second half for which I'd give him an A. Secondary is vastly improved. Shutting down TO is no easy task but he was a non-factor. I noticed several balls shaken loose by hard, timely hits. What I did not see was Patriot DB's flailing around, 3 yards behind a receiver, while he's running downfield after making  a catch untouched. This has been SOP for the past few years. Our young, athletic DBs are only going to get better each game. Merriwether had the best hit of the game on the kickoff/fumble. I'd go with an A-.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

unclealfie:

How can you ignore half a game? Though I agree that Brady was rusty, he didn't play very well in the first three quarters. For example, how can you fairly grade Brady for the game, and not take into account that awful pick he threw right to Bills' DE, Aaron Schobel?

As for the secondary, you might note that they received the highest grade of any unit on the defense. Yes...the Pats might have shut down the Bills WRs...but what good is it when Fred Jackson is killing them on runs, screens, and swing passes? Jackson had a Westbrook like 140 yards (83 receiving and 57 rushing) against the Pats. His last TD should have been the nail in the coffin for the Pats.

What would you all be saying if McKelvin hadn't fumbled, and the Bills were able to kill off enough of the remaining final 2 minutes to win? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots Report Card :      An "A" for the secondary? Please. They were giving up lots of cushion, and didn't tackle all that well. As for your points on Brady and BB (on which I agree), you point out specific instances of fine play during the 4th quarter. When I grade, I take into consideration how the various units performed for the entire game. Surely, you don't rate Brady's boneheaded pick to Aaron Schobel, which handed the Bills an easy TD, as an "A" play, do you? Are we simply to ignore that because Brady performed brilliantly in the late stages of the 4th quarter? What would your take have been had McKelvin not fumbled, and the Pats had lost?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I give the fan base a resounding F-!!! Did anybody contribute to the Game thread last night???If you did you are NO fan of any team in the NE area! The sky was falling and there was 10 minutes left in the game-You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves!
    Posted by LovelyLeon[/QUOTE]

My guess is that you'll be a hard guy to find come this time next week.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RWF. Show RWF's posts

OK, everybody back away from the Kool-Aid!

Forget the offense.  They'll be fine, with the exception of play-calling (Mother-o-Gawd!). Hey, was it me or was Volmer better than Light?

Our theme this year - Dyin' with the D!  They can't stop 'em, we're going nowhere this year.  I meant, c'mon, we look like Dan Fouts' Chargers....

Our secondary, while doing a FANTASTIC job in coverage most of the night, isn't long for this season.  Nobody here going to the HOF.  One injury to a significant (in this scheme) player, even the dreaded "nagging" injury, and they'll be toasted more than marshmellows on a Cape Cod campfire.

Embarassingly bad line play.  Every down saw Wilfork's stock drop.  As a group, yeah, they take up space but no real consistent threat of a push or even the semblance of a pass rush.

LBs - well, it's over for this group.  A.T. looked sick most of the night (gee, why didn't the Ravens want to keep this stiff?).  Mayo?  2nd year blues.  He's just become Guyton, Jr.  Hey - how much you want to bet Junior's coming back soon?  Please, please, please tell me they're giving up some of their arsenal of draft picks to trade for some LBs.  Please!

Bottom line - Coach B better be a genius.  My prediction: 8 - 8.  You heard it here first.

And BURN those damn throwback uniforms!  Talk about cursed....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Tough crowd to please.We were in a pinch and pulled out a win .Situational football.Indy pulled out a 2 pt win agaist the Jags,SD won by 4 in the last minute against Oak,Pitt won by 3 in OT against the Titans.See a trend here? The best teams FIND ways to win the tight games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

RESPONSE: In Response to Re: Bills @ Patriots Report Card:
    [QUOTE]OK, everybody back away from the Kool-Aid!

RESPONSE: Sounds to me like you need a couple of quarts. Don't forget who coaches this team. The "D" will be decent come playoff time.

Forget the offense.  They'll be fine, with the exception of play-calling (Mother-o-Gawd!).

RESPONSE: What are your complaints with the play calling? The execution may have been bad...but the play calling didn't seem to be horrid to me.

Hey, was it me or was Volmer better than Light?

RESPONSE: Lets' hope so, Mr. Negative.

Our theme this year - Dyin' with the D!  They can't stop 'em, we're going nowhere this year.  I meant, c'mon, we look like Dan Fouts' Chargers.... Our secondary, while doing a FANTASTIC job in coverage most of the night, isn't long for this season.  Nobody here going to the HOF.  One injury to a significant (in this scheme) player, even the dreaded "nagging" injury, and they'll be toasted more than marshmellows on a Cape Cod campfire.

RESPONSE: Remains to be seen...as the Pats have apparently lost Jerod Mayo for a while.

Embarassingly bad line play.  Every down saw Wilfork's stock drop.  As a group, yeah, they take up space but no real consistent threat of a push or even the semblance of a pass rush.

RESPONSE: I thought Wilfolk played a decent game.

LBs - well, it's over for this group.  A.T. looked sick most of the night (gee, why didn't the Ravens want to keep this stiff?).  Mayo?  2nd year blues.  He's just become Guyton, Jr.  Hey - how much you want to bet Junior's coming back soon?  Please, please, please tell me they're giving up some of their arsenal of draft picks to trade for some LBs.  Please!

RESPONSE: The Pats do need help in this area. The Pats may regret their decision to draft Patrick Chung over LB Rey Maualuga. The Pats will likely address the position through free agency, when the right player becomes available. Rosevelt Colvin, Adalius Thomas, and Mike Vrabel were all acquired via that route.

Bottom line - Coach B better be a genius.  My prediction: 8 - 8.  You heard it here first. And BURN those damn throwback uniforms!  Talk about cursed....

RESPONSE: Thank you, Leon. I do agree about the red jerseys.

Posted by RWF[/QUOTE]

Come on now...8-8? If the Pats managed to go 11-5 without Tom Brady, they'll do at least as well with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

The big problem I have with criticizing Brady is this:

Without Brady the Patriots don't win the game!
    or Make the Playoffs!

So how about we all just stop grading and critiquing Tom Brady and just be  happy he's playing for the Patriots!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The big problem I have with criticizing Brady is this: Without Brady the Patriots don't win the game! or Make the Playoffs! So how about we all just stop grading and critiquing Tom Brady and just be  happy he's playing for the Patriots!
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

Yes...lets all sit around Patriot's Plaza and sip kool-aid.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]  Every down saw Wilfork's stock drop.  As a group, yeah, they take up space but no real consistent threat of a push or even the semblance of a pass rush. LBs - well, it's over for this group.  A.T. looked sick most of the night (gee, why didn't the Ravens want to keep this stiff?).  Mayo?  2nd year blues. Posted by RWF[/QUOTE]

I continue to be amazed at the people that have so much time to post but don't take the time to know what it is that they are talking about.

A nose tackle's job isn't to pass rush....that's why he comes out on 3rd and longs. His job IS to take up space and allow the middle LB's to stuff the run in between the tackles. That is his only job. Wilfork does it well....and when plays did get busted outside the tackles, Wilfork was hustling his rear off making tackles 20 yards down field.

How can you really judge Mayo's performance? Did you even watch the game? He play in 6 defensive plays all game, hardly enough to judge a performance......sorry RWF, and I don't like to talk trash amongst the peeps on the board, but for your first post, you proved you really are an idiot.

Sections
Shortcuts