Bills fans already counting on a victory week 1 over Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bills fans already counting on a victory week 1 over Pats

Hahahahahahaha!

This is seriously some funny reading.  Poor Bills fans get their hopes up and then crushed come September 8th.

Go here for some laughs!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?466406-Tom-Brady-is-Showing-His-Age&

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Bills fans already counting on a victory week 1 over Pats

Because of the Preseason game? Amendola didnt even play, the slot WR is still the most important  position in our offense. 

Bills lose...hard. Except if Mayo can't contain Spiller. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The great refuge for fans of bad teams is pre-season. It really is all downhill for them from here. I don't begrudge them their moment of hope.

The Bills were supposed to make a big splash last year with their big spending spree. They won the same 6 games as the year before.

BB + Brady + mediocre team = AFCE Champs again. Maybe a rookie or a guy drafted in the last couple of years will blossom into an all-pro. Then maybe the team around Brady will be upgraded to above average. If two guys do that, the chances of a SB win go up exponentially.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Bills are always tough during the preseason and during the first 4 or 5 games of the season and then they fade away . . . remember the year of the first SB, they kicked our butts in the first game after the Lawyer Malloy trade  . . . still the Pats will march up and down the field in a 38-17 victory at Buffalo this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Inokea4coolaid. Show Inokea4coolaid's posts

who knows. Didn't bills beat the Pats 31-0 on first game of season after Law was traded?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Even after that poor showing in Detroit I still say the Pats sweep the division.  Bills fans can hope they finish 3rd in the division.  They will have a dog fight with the Jets.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

I don't want to jinx it, but I feel pretty confident that the Pats can beat them as long as they play to their potential.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

People know how I feel about preseason games.  They're totally fake products!

The Bills are likely to start a rookie quarterback who missed most of preseason with his ankle injury.  I've never heard of such inexperience on a quarterback's part, not in the NFL.  BB loves these situations.

Arrayed against him I see, for the first time in a while, a talented Patriots defensive front that can get after the quarterback.  They say that players undergo a big jump between rookie and second years, and that should completely apply to first rounder end Chandler Jones (who is playing uninjured now) and first rounder linebacker Dont'e Hightower.  Tommy Kelly seems to have no trouble leveraging (see BB's comments on "levers") his way through the line.  Nink has to hold off some pretty good challengers at the other defensive end position.  Vince Wilfork is his usual disruptive self.

Bills fans seem to be counting on the Patriots having absolutely no receivers.  That's what the national press expects.  I think I'll just leave that particular assumption hanging out there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

If Brady continues to play like he did on Thursday, they may be right. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to BunkerSpreckels's comment:

If Brady continues to play like he did on Thursday, they may be right. 

As it's been noted, it wasn't just Brady's play. The offense needs to hold on to the ball, and the receivers need to catch it. The offensive line didn't help matters with poor run blocking and poor pass protection. But then I'd rather see them make these errors in a preseason game and let BB work it out of them till they have it right.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Hahahahahahaha!

This is seriously some funny reading.  Poor Bills fans get their hopes up and then crushed come September 8th.

Go here for some laughs!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?466406-Tom-Brady-is-Showing-His-Age&

PATS over Bills 40-9!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

They do this every year.  I honestly feel sorry for them. Of all the AFC fanbases, them and the Browns, I honestly feel sorry for them the most.

They get all worked up every offseason and by the end of Sept, their season is obviously over.

As Pats fans we've been there. But, I don't remember making wild predictions or actually believing we'd beat the Bills back in openers in 1992 or 1993.

I also cannot imagine losing 4 straight SBs like that. Awfully cruel.

EJ Mauel is already hurt and has missed time. Robert Woods, their other big draft pick I don't believe has shown anything in camp. Meanwhile, we trot out Thompkins and Sudfeld, and they are rookie minimum UDFAs.

Ouch.

The one lost Super Bowl that hurt them the most was the missed field goal with seconds on the clock by Scott Norwood. But then the last two Super Bowls the Patriots lost hurt just as much. Although I'll take our Super Bowl record verses theirs any day!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Hahahahahahaha!

Go here for some laughs!

PATS over Bills 40-9!

[/QUOTE]

38-17 Pats.  I don't think the Pats go over 38, Tebow should be in by start of 4th QTR to run the clock out.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Th eopener wont be a gimme even if the final score is lopsided. The game will be set in the trenches first... as they are (not in fantasy football land with skill players). Will the O line play well? Will adjustments pregame and in game be made to counter inside pass rush and run D? And who will step up and have a big game?

TO the latter question I expect TB, Mankins, Vollmer, Ridley, Amendola, and any of the following to contribute importantly: Sudfeld, one of the 3 rookie reveivers (likely Thompkins if I had to figure one or another), Vereen, Vinny, Kelly Jones, Talib, MCCourty, Nink (yes Nink... he is usually a sound player and when kept fresh comes up with a couple of key plays a game.. even if he is not a pro bowl caliber talent).

I expect we win by a decent margin but it is hard to tell where the team will really be at on game one. So while the unrealistic fantasy expectations in Buffalo are silly it is not silly for them to have some first game optimism.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

After week 1 Buffalo fans will realize the Bills are still the Bills.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

[QUOTE]

They do this every year.  I honestly feel sorry for them. Of all the AFC fanbases, them and the Browns, I honestly feel sorry for them the most.

They get all worked up every offseason and by the end of Sept, their season is obviously over.

As Pats fans we've been there. But, I don't remember making wild predictions or actually believing we'd beat the Bills back in openers in 1992 or 1993.

EJ Mauel is already hurt and has missed time. Robert Woods, their other big draft pick I don't believe has shown anything in camp. Meanwhile, we trot out Thompkins and Sudfeld, and they are rookie minimum UDFAs.

Ouch.

The one lost Super Bowl that hurt them the most was the missed field goal with seconds on the clock by Scott Norwood. But then the last two Super Bowls the Patriots lost hurt just as much. Although I'll take our Super Bowl record verses theirs any day!

[/QUOTE]

Did you know that Scott Norwood tried to comit suicide after that game?  Tried to hang himself, but he couldn't kick the chair out from underneath himself.  

where is that bills guy. It's about time for his annual visit.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

In response to GO47's comment:

Ouch.

Did you know that Scott Norwood tried to comit suicide after that game?  Tried to hang himself, but he couldn't kick the chair out from underneath himself.  

where is that bills guy. It's about time for his annual visit.  

that might be the worst joke i have ever heard...painfully unfunny

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Like the Lions a few days ago, this is the Bills' Super Bowl.  They will come out in full throttle.  Give them at least that, in spite of their deficiencies.  The Pats simply need to be ready and stay on their game.  

Every W counts; I'd still like one of the top 2 seeds.  One game less to get to the SB is still an advantage.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Bill Cowher:  ...These people sitting there in the stands, looking at the signal, writing it down and matching up the 1st and 10 signal. Ok? Then you go back again and the 2nd and 10 and here’s the signal. You do that for a whole game.

You then go back and match up the defenses with the signal.  And you can come up with what the signal was. ... WE were doing that.  Everybody does that.

This is preseason.  Coach Hoodie is slapping his hand onto his stomach twice to signal in a running play, and he's cocking his hand behind his ear to signal in a pass play.  Tom Brady is yelling in the huddle, "This Is Going To Be A Pass Play!!"  His receivers are getting into sprint position to signal a pass play and they're standing up otherwise.  Detroit can probably figure all of this out.  Maybe when the first game of the regular season rolls around, the signals will be a bit different and the tells will disappear.

Sections
Shortcuts