Bills fans already counting on a victory week 1 over Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc2. Show croc2's posts

Re: Bills fans already counting on a victory week 1 over Pats

I lived near Buffalo for a while in the early '90's just after the failed SBs.  They are a very passionate crowd, and have lived with the team through horrible times.   I actually think the franchise is finally headed to better things, but they are a LONG way from the Pats. 

Pats should romp.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Albert Breer @AlbertBreer 6m

Wow >> RT @ByTimGraham: Source tells me Bills concerned Kolb's concussion may be career-ending and they're proceeding with that in

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Late word is that the Bills have no quarterback whatsoever for week 1.  Kevin Kolb may have career-ending concussion problems from a preseason hit.  E. J. Manuel may be physically able to play by September, but putting him in as an ice cold rookie against a Bill Belichick team with pretty good rushers this year is overall bad for the franchise's long-term future.  the third QB is also a rook.  So, the Buffalo Bills are auditioning for an experienced and serviceable quarterback sitting at home by the phone, able to come in and start against the Patriots on two weeks notice.  A trade for a backup is also an option.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Maybe BB should try to have "practice time" with every team on the schedule the week prior to the game.  That way, he can just tape the practices and it'll be just like the old days when the patsies could win the big one, by 'not using' all of those secret tapes that were totally not cheating or anything.

The cheater whine...sure sign of a moron who doesn't know squat about football

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scash2013. Show scash2013's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Maybe BB should try to have "practice time" with every team on the schedule the week prior to the game.  That way, he can just tape the practices and it'll be just like the old days when the patsies could win the big one, by 'not using' all of those secret tapes that were totally not cheating or anything.

12.3.10 98.5 Radio

Bill Cowher:  You know, let me just say this:  To answer your question, no, I don’t think so. I just know as a head coach, you are always looking for a competitive edge. We had people out there trying to look at signals. We had guys go to games. They would tape the signal caller and also write it down. They would take it back and match up the signals with the game film and certain defenses with certain plays that were being called, particularly the defenses being called, to see if we could come up with some kind of an alert for a signal.  So, what they did with videotaping the signal caller, people do it with the people in the stands!! 

These people sitting there in the stands, looking at the signal, writing it down and matching up the 1st and 10 signal. Ok? Then you go back again and the 2nd and 10 and here’s the signal. You do that for a whole game.

You then go back and match up the defenses with the signal.  And you can come up with what the signal was.

So, you don;’t need a video tape with what they were talking about doing. And people were doing it. WE were doing that.  Everybody does that. You’re TRYING to gain a  competitive edge. There is nothing wrong with that.

That’s why baseball players go through the mirage of signals. They’ve got all these different codes. That’s part of the competitive spirit of the game. I think it’s totally overblown.  I think if  you get caught (signals compromised), then do what we did and go to wristbands, you are worried about it.  We started putting defenses on wristbands. Then you find a way to not get caught (signals compromised).  When your good at something and people try steal from ya, I think it’s flattering.

Can we please stop responding to the Spygate nutjobs? Some guys are willing to man up and accept their team wasn't good enough to beat us. And some guys are content to live in pathetic delusional fantasy land.

If they haven't sorted out reality by now, they never will. You can not make a crazy person understand they are crazy. Let's stop wasting time on them. Let them think what they want.

I am far more worried about the backup QB position than I am what some jealous moron think about our team. The rug can come out from underneath you quickly in sports. I would rather just enjoy this team while they are still preforming at a high level.

We haven't picked up two recievers like Thompkins and Dobson since Branch and Givens. What was that, 10 years ago? Sudfeld looks good too. This offense will be fine. And if Tom Brady can go back to being the real Tom Brady instead of the gunslinger from 07 I think we have an excellent shot at another Superbowl.

The defense looks like it will be better. I'm very impressed with Tommy Kelly from the Raiders. There was another impressive newcomer. I don't remember who. One of the linebackers, I think. The secondary will be better. Adrian Wilson hasn't looked like a four time Pro Bowler. But it's only been a few games. I think the defense is going to be a lot better than people expect.

I'm excited about this year. I would rather focus on that than the childish trolls.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotrain. Show patriotrain's posts

In response to GO47's comment:

In response to BunkerSpreckels's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Brady continues to play like he did on Thursday, they may be right. 

i dont think they were into the game, not motivated at all, i wouldn't worry about any afc east team, but you do have to show up!

As it's been noted, it wasn't just Brady's play. The offense needs to hold on to the ball, and the receivers need to catch it. The offensive line didn't help matters with poor run blocking and poor pass protection. But then I'd rather see them make these errors in a preseason game and let BB work it out of them till they have it right.  

[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Late word is that the Bills have no quarterback whatsoever for week 1.  Kevin Kolb may have career-ending concussion problems from a preseason hit.  E. J. Manuel may be physically able to play by September, but putting him in as an ice cold rookie against a Bill Belichick team with pretty good rushers this year is overall bad for the franchise's long-term future.  the third QB is also a rook.  So, the Buffalo Bills are auditioning for an experienced and serviceable quarterback sitting at home by the phone, able to come in and start against the Patriots on two weeks notice.  A trade for a backup is also an option.

doesn't really seem like they're ready to throw everything at the Patriots. Mebbe lots of trick plays?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

And now the train wreck catches on fire.

A day after having to sign Matt Leinart and trade for Thaddeus Lewis to shore up their troublesome quarterback depth, the Bills find themselves without one of their best defensive players. CB Stephon Gilmore, their top draft pick in 2012, reportedly will be out for an extended period of time.

Gilmore was just starting to ascend to the top handful of corners in the league prior to the injury. This is a Buffalo secondary that just got safety Jairus Byrd back from his self-imposed holdout and will miss Gilmore greatly as it must contend with Tom Brady and Cam Newton in Weeks 1 and 2.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/stephon-gilmore-8-weeks-buffalo-bills-ills-keep-145823653.html

And in other news,

Should Tuel start against New England, he would be the first undrafted rookie directly out of college to start in Week 1 for any team since the NFL merger in 1970, according to STATS LLC.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/tuel-time-buffalo-rookie-qb-215443468--nfl.html

New England is favored by 10 points as of this date.

Sections
Shortcuts