Bills Release Ryan Fitzpatrick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Bills Release Ryan Fitzpatrick

Guess he isn't a franchise QB after all...

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Bills announced they released QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.

*edit* dammit PCM, beat me by 2 seconds...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Bills Release Ryan Fitzpatrick

WOW, I have to eat crow on this one because I said that it wouldn't happen so soon (forget who I said that to but I'm here to eat crow).

Seems beyond foolish, now they have no QB and are basically telegraphing the NFL they will draft one. Anyone who wants Geno will jump in front of them at this point and who will the Bills be left with?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

WOW, I have to eat crow on this one because I said that it wouldn't happen so soon (forget who I said that to but I'm here to eat crow).

Seems beyond foolish, now they have no QB and are basically telegraphing the NFL they will draft one. Anyone who wants Geno will jump in front of them at this point and who will the Bills be left with?

It was probably expedited by this http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/bills-gm-buddy-nix-gets-catfished-prankster-admits-164444662--nfl.html

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

they could try to trade for Flynn i suppose... but your right, they're hanging a sign up that screams GENO!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Wow!  Atleast he has that Harvard degree in Economics!

I mean saving the world is more important than football, no?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ANyone want to trade Mallett for Buf's 2nd? I'd do that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Good for the Pats. Teams targeting Geno now have to worry about getting beat. One gets him in the early in the first. Other QB-needy teams start targeting their backup plan. But every team also have to be concerned about losing their second choice QB. Gives BB flexibility, as a few teams may want to trade their early second for Pats' 29.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

The guy made more money off a single contract then all of us in the thread will make in a lifetime combined. Think he'll be fine

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Crow isn't that bad, bake at 350 for 45, some butter, spices, cover the last 15 minutes. Or battered and fried.

Much better than hat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Interesting thought though I am not sure about trading another QB to a division rival.  Also if not trading him forces Buff to take a QB early it might help the quality of players available when we draft.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Probably would have options to go to Wall Street. Harvard economics + connections to wealthy people = people open opportunities for you

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Interesting thought though I am not sure about trading another QB to a division rival.  Also if not trading him forces Buff to take a QB early it might help the quality of players available when we draft.

We traded them Bledsoe and it worked out alright. A high 2nd round could net Margus Hunt and I'd take that everyday or one of the better WR's in the draft

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Opens the door for them to draft Ryan Nassib, Marrone's QB at Syracuse.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

The Bills are seriously dumb if they draft Nassib (or any QB for that matter) at 8.  I wonder if they will try to trade down or grab a QB in the 2nd.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Bills also lost Levitre (top guard) to the Titans.  Rough day for Buffalo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Bills literally saved no money from releasing Fitz.  Pretty sure it was the phone call.  LMFAO.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

That just shows you how bad cap managament can destroy a team's plans almost overnight.  Is Tavaris Jackson seriously their QB? LOL!!

Good thing BUddy Nix was giggling last year at the thought of his new, vaunted D after he overpaid wildly for Anderson and Mario Williams.

Cap hell is alive and well, folks. Alive and well.

lmao

They literally save no money from releasing Fitz.  It was the phone call not cap management that caused this.  It is the only explanation.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

The Bills are seriously dumb if they draft Nassib (or any QB for that matter) at 8.  I wonder if they will try to trade down or grab a QB in the 2nd.

I kind of thought releasing your only QB in a weak QB FA/Draft and showing all your cards early already proved they were dumb

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

The Bills literally saved no money from releasing Fitz.  Pretty sure it was the phone call.  LMFAO.

Depends on whether they cut him before or after 4 PM.  They took a 10mil cap hit either way, but it's either:

Before 4PM: 10 mil cap hit for 2013

After 4PM: 3mil cap hit for 2013, 7mil for 2014

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I kind of thought releasing your only QB in a weak QB FA/Draft and showing all your cards early already proved they were dumb

Everyone knew already because of the phone call.  I'm telling you that was the big mistake.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to mef429's comment:

they could try to trade for Flynn i suppose... but your right, they're hanging a sign up that screams GENO!!!

No cap space to do that nor can they afford a 2nd rd pick with their situation at this point.

wow, wasnt it just 3 days ago you said the Bills wouldnt release Fitz? Called me dumb for even thinking such a thing.

there is no cap savings to speak og releasing Fitz based on looking at his numbers quickly...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It might have been me rkarp saying they wouldn't release Fitz before the draft but I don't think I mentioned their cap (other then releasing Fitz save them no cap space) and I do't call people dumb

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This is kind of a shock to me in a way. He wasn't as good as his contract but he had huge numbers against the Pats so I'm glad to see him out of the division but who are they going to get? 

Sections
Shortcuts