In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

landry will ask for much more than he is worth...if you want him fine....take him. he fits in with the rest of those misfits that call themselves the New York Jets.

Maybe.  This post has nothing to do with predictions.  This is about Queenies claim that 3 million dollars for a 100 tackle safety is overpaid and that having a lot of tackles makes you a bad player.  If you agree with that, you're as much of an idiot as he is.

having a lot of tackles doesnt make you a bad player, but it doesnt make you a great player either. landry just isnt worth the price tag/headaches. i dont think either gregory or landry are that good, but at least gregory made a few plays this year and is a good teammate. 

What price tag? 3 million, the same as Greggory?  What headaches? His own after he slams into people?  I'll give you that, dude's not going to last much longer.

you really think he would take 3 million per? cmon! and yes, he is just insane.

Dude? What part of this don't you understand?  He made 3 million.   He was neither "overrated" as Queenie loves to claim about any non-patsie player or overpaid in 2012 for 3 mil.  Players that perform well want to get paid.  Talib wants to get paid.  Thing is, he can point to how much worse that patsie D was without him.  What an awful 1/2 season rental that was.  Wasted pick.

1. it doesnt matter what he made last year, im talking about what he WANTS.

2. talib is a good player and deserves to get paid

3. and an awful rental? they made it to the afc championship game, it sucks they lost....but you act like he didnt help.

And how much does he want that you are basing your "he's overpaid" theory on?

probobaly 6-7 mil per....at least.

and as far as your last points, talib did make a huge difference. they were shutting down the ravens until he got injured. then they had to put cole and arrington on boldin and smith and that was just a disaster waiting to happen.

plus, the jets offense and defense both sucked.

6-7? Where is that number from?  Yes, the Jets 2nd ranked pass D was horrible with Revis out for the year. The Jets defense as a whole was in the top half on the NFL in points allowed.

if you want to go by points allowed, then the pats were a top 10 defense this year, so there goes your "pats defense was horrible" argument.

if the jets cant generate any points on offense, it doesnt matter how good their defense is.

some morons here think that a good defense means everything....it certainly helps, but its not everything. if your team isnt scoring points on offense, you just arent going to win.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Bills release SS George Wilson

landry will ask for much more than he is worth...if you want him fine....take him. he fits in with the rest of those misfits that call themselves the New York Jets.

Maybe.  This post has nothing to do with predictions.  This is about Queenies claim that 3 million dollars for a 100 tackle safety is overpaid and that having a lot of tackles makes you a bad player.  If you agree with that, you're as much of an idiot as he is.

having a lot of tackles doesnt make you a bad player, but it doesnt make you a great player either. landry just isnt worth the price tag/headaches. i dont think either gregory or landry are that good, but at least gregory made a few plays this year and is a good teammate. 

What price tag? 3 million, the same as Greggory?  What headaches? His own after he slams into people?  I'll give you that, dude's not going to last much longer.

you really think he would take 3 million per? cmon! and yes, he is just insane.

Dude? What part of this don't you understand?  He made 3 million.   He was neither "overrated" as Queenie loves to claim about any non-patsie player or overpaid in 2012 for 3 mil.  Players that perform well want to get paid.  Talib wants to get paid.  Thing is, he can point to how much worse that patsie D was without him.  What an awful 1/2 season rental that was.  Wasted pick.

1. it doesnt matter what he made last year, im talking about what he WANTS.

2. talib is a good player and deserves to get paid

3. and an awful rental? they made it to the afc championship game, it sucks they lost....but you act like he didnt help.

And how much does he want that you are basing your "he's overpaid" theory on?

probobaly 6-7 mil per....at least.

and as far as your last points, talib did make a huge difference. they were shutting down the ravens until he got injured. then they had to put cole and arrington on boldin and smith and that was just a disaster waiting to happen.

plus, the jets offense and defense both sucked.

6-7? Where is that number from?  Yes, the Jets 2nd ranked pass D was horrible with Revis out for the year. The Jets defense as a whole was in the top half on the NFL in points allowed.

if you want to go by points allowed, then the pats were a top 10 defense this year, so there goes your "pats defense was horrible" argument.

if the jets cant generate any points on offense, it doesnt matter how good their defense is.

some morons here think that a good defense means everything....it certainly helps, but its not everything. if your team isnt scoring points on offense, you just arent going to win.

Can you focus on anything?  With every post you change what you're talking about.  I can't deal with you any more.  Who is talking about the Jets offense?  Who cares?  Landry!  You said he was overpaid.  You said he wants 6-7 mil.  You said trading picks for Talib for a 1/2 a season rental was worth not winning the superbowl. Wrong. Wrong & Wrong.  Now, pissoff.

i said i dont want the pats to pursue landry because he would want too much money, thats an opinion.

as far as talib, he played well....its unfortunate he got injured, but he played well enough to earn another contract here.

and you telling me to pissoff? LMAO!! this is a patriots forum....i dont go on to that horrible site called ganggreen that you knuckle dragging, mouth-breathing jets fans go on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

dont want Landry on the Pats this coming year

prefer to not have Gregory on the Pats this coming year, but we are stuck with him. Perfect scenario, McCourt stays at S, Pats draft a S, Wilson develops into the 3rd S in he rotation, Gregory the 4th S in the rotation (at $3M per year vastly over paid for a 4th S)

IN 2012, Landry had a far better year than Gregory. Hard to see how anyone other than Rusty can argue with that, but he is against any facts if they are dressed in green. A sane football fan can see past the green color and see the facts

I hope Wilson doesnt tun into another 2nd round Pats bust, that line is getting too long

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

More ignorant patsie fans? I'm shocked.   Landry was very good in 2012 and a steal at 3 mil.  His lack of coverage skills are obvious and pretty common among strong safeties in the NFL.  Though, few hit like Landry.

A strong safety that's a liability in coverage is about as useful as a knuckle in my johnson... and you call Pat's fans ignorant.  

Laughable... you still haven't figured out that this isn't a Jest's forum.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Right, but he was used at the line more than Landry and wasn't overpaid.  Those tackles weren't made well past the line of scrimmage either.

Did you just compare Landry to Harrison? The reading comprehension worsens.   Since when is the 2004 Pats D comparable to the 2012 Jets D? Unreal.

Garbage tackles aren't impact tackles.   Keep in mind I am not prasing Gregory at all, but talking about NY renting Landry for no reason other than Landry's benefit.

We could sit here all day long and count the Safeties who collect tackles on good teams and bad.  Was Rodney on a 26th ranked run D? Nope.

I know you're in your early 20s, but please do not enable Jets trolls. It's very annoying.

Laron Landry cannot hold Rodney's jockstrap.  He is incredibly overrated.  That being said you are enabling the Jets troll by posting things that are not true (i.e. your defense cannot be good if a safety accumulates a lot of tackles) because then he simply parrots them indefinitely.  You are correct that the context of tackles is important, but without seeing the game that is hard to judge.  The point here is that it is easy to own the Jets troll and still stay in the realm of the factual so why stoop to his pathetic level?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

A strong safety who isn't a liability in coverage is called a free safety.  They are essentially LBs who can cover well for being a LB.  There are about three safeties in the NFL that can both take out a Gronk sized TE and cover a Hernandez.  Landry is not one of those three.  He can knock any opposing player into next week, though. Learn the game.  The Jets have great corners, even without Revis on the field. That's how they were able to be a top pass defending team while missing the best CB in the NFL for the entire season.  Strong safeties in their system are fast LBs and are often used as LBs.  You can't have it all.  But somehow you think that a bottom 5 pass D, like say the patsies pass D has a single person worth keeping around while critizing Landry becasue he can't cover Welker. Gauranteed, they eat the remainder of Greggory's contract just as they did Meriweather & Bodden when the realized they were busts.

Great safeties aren't simply "great in coverage" they put themselves in a position to not get beat deep by using their brain.  I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know.  Defending your position by saying I should lower my standards for what I expect from a safety is dumber than... well, dumber than a fan from another team hanging around another team's sports forum.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

cut to the chase. throw out salaries. throw out future contracts. 2012 only. who was the better S, Gregory or Landry?

I say Landry, and as a fan of the Pats, I thought Gregory played poorly through out the season. As a fan of the NFL, I was surprised and thought Landry had a good, to very good year.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

cut to the chase. throw out salaries. throw out future contracts. 2012 only. who was the better S, Gregory or Landry?

I say Landry, and as a fan of the Pats, I thought Gregory played poorly through out the season. As a fan of the NFL, I was surprised and thought Landry had a good, to very good year.

I would say Landry made more tackles.   That doesn't mean he was "better" than Gregory. This is such clear evidence for you to YET AGAIN find a way to deflect from Brady. Somehow with BB passing a selfish, prima donna roid freak like Landry, signing Gregory first as a more stable option in NE's system, ruined Tom Brady's postseason. lol

Also, you're not a fan of the Pats. If Gregory was "playing poorly", he wouldn't have been started. He got hurt early in the year, Wilson played, Wilson made mistakes, Gregory returned and he played good next to McCourty the rest of the year.

You making things up won't work.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/11/25/patriots-safety-steve-gregory/oA45JvnkumvvbSO2xe6g9O/story.html

answer the question. who had a better season in 2012? Gregory or Landry? (try not to mention Brady or the Jets when you answer)

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I would say Landry made more tackles.   That doesn't mean he was "better" than Gregory. This is such clear evidence for you to YET AGAIN find a way to deflect from Brady. Somehow with BB passing a selfish, prima donna roid freak like Landry, signing Gregory first as a more stable option in NE's system, ruined Tom Brady's postseason. lol

Also, you're not a fan of the Pats. If Gregory was "playing poorly", he wouldn't have been started. He got hurt early in the year, Wilson played, Wilson made mistakes, Gregory returned and he played good next to McCourty the rest of the year.

You making things up won't work.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2012/11/25/patriots-safety-steve-gregory/oA45JvnkumvvbSO2xe6g9O/story.html

answer the question. who had a better season in 2012? Gregory or Landry? (try not to mention Brady or the Jets when you answer)

Gregory. NE's D was superior to that of the Jets, but NE's D is the youngest in the league.  More impressive than a veteran joining a veteran D, playing for stats and a new paycheck.

I would assume if 100 people answered the question, you would be the only one that would say Gregory.

It is amazing that you cannot find one positive thing to say about anyone wearing a green uniform.

Pardon me while I put you on ignore. Your lack of football knowledge and your biased opinions are boring

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to mia76's comment:

Some interesting vets being cut for cap reasons all over the league. I find this move really surprising considering they have a fair amount of cap space already and Wilson is a pretty good player. It suggests to me that they may well go hard for Jets Landrey. Seems like a poor trade off even given the PB for Landrey.

Yes, Pats should be interested especially if his price is less than 2.9M!

I'd much rather have Wilson than Landry.  Landry does't really care about winning and he can't cover at all past 10 yards.

Plus, after BB drove his price up so high last year, he would be un-signable.

Does Wilson care about winning? Who are those great cover strong safeties?

Butt Fumble

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Neither one played well. You over rate Landry because the jet's couldn't stop a Pop Warner football team from running the ball. All landry's tackles tell you is that the opposing RB was able to get to the 3rd level against that putrid run D.

I thought Landry tackled very well, jammed TE's at the line very well, was above average with his run support. I thought his coverage was average to slightly below average, but I expected it to be terrible.

I thought Gregory tackled poorly. I thought his first step on defense was slow against the pass, and his coverage was below average.

I believe Landry had more deflected passes and more forced fumbles. Gregory I believe had more int's. 

Landry played in more games. Gregory was starting and seeing the majority of the snaps when the Pats pass defense was terrible. He was injured, but I believe he was going to be benched anyways in order to give Wilson a shot. Wilson proved to be even worse. Gregory came back and along with Dennerd and Talib at the corners, Gregory improved his play, but imo was still the weak link of the 4 DB's.

While I was disappointed in Gregory's play, I also expected more from a 2nd round draft choice (Wilson) which compounded the problems. I always saw Gregory as a 3rd or 4th S, with the Chargers, and even when the Pats signed him. The PAts simply had no one better.

Landry personal highlights;

• 2012 Pro Bowl
    • 2010 NFC Defensive Player of the Week (Week 5)
    • 2007 NFC Pro Bowl Alternate
    • 2007 First-team All NFL Rookie Defense

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.