Bills Trade OT Peters to Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Bills Trade OT Peters to Eagles

Its' just be reported that the Buffalo Bills have traded disgruntled OT Jason Peters to the Eagles for the 28th overall selection this year, and plus a second day pick both this year, and next: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9466866/Sources:-Eagles-trade-for-Bills-Pro-Bowl-LT-Peters 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Bills Trade OT Peters to Eagles

If it really happened I would say that Buffalo just got weaker! I don't care about draft choices when you are talking about trading your starting LT especially since he has had at least one really good year! Philly gets stronger on the line...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]If it really happened I would say that Buffalo just got weaker! I don't care about draft choices when you are talking about trading your starting LT especially since he has had at least one really good year! Philly gets stronger on the line...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Yes...it really happened...contingent on the Eagles being able to reach a contract agreement with Peters. Heres' more on the trade: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4077093&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Peters is a beast. Good trade for Philly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Peters

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Why are the Eagles a good team pretty much every year? Because they prioritize spending and drafting on the offensive and defensive lines. They badly needed help at LT, and Peters certainly fits the bill: http://football.about.com/od/teamneeds/a/teamneeds_PHI.htm

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

great trade for my eagles.... i was hoping that they would go for Boldin and this trade will probably prevent that

but a big time need on the Oline for the Eagles so i am pleased

Pats are my favorite team followed by McNabb and the Eagles

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

What's wrong with this picture?

Bring in a high-profile receiver to open up your offense and jettison the guy who keeps your quarterback upright.

Good news for the Pats. It appears the Bills are going to continue to  .  .  .

.  .  .   be the Bills.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Yes PM, the Bills continue to be the Bills....they let a situation fester (having a major component of their OL be teed off) without making a discernible effort to fix it (or at least try to get a prime FA o-lineman to take his place) early enough in the off-season.

Now, everyone on the Bills' schedule just can't wait to tee off on Buffalo's QB this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Let's see now, two separate bar-related fights with the police late at night, one hushed-up hit and run where a whole carful of Bills players whacks a 27 year old woman in the bar district at 3:00 a.m. and leaves a broken part of the SUV at the crime scene, and one illegal firearm charge.  Now the team's starting tackle is disgruntled so he leaves.  Yes, let's have the Patriots play this particular team the first thing in September, on a Monday Night, and with their star running back suspended.

Somebody issue tasers to the refs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Peters has passed his physical...and has agreed to a 6 year deal with Philly. So...this is officially a done deal: http://buf.scout.com/2/857514.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Heres' an article on the Peters trade, from the Bills' perspective: http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/642841.html

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with this picture? Bring in a high-profile receiver to open up your offense and jettison the guy who keeps your quarterback upright. Good news for the Pats. It appears the Bills are going to continue to  .  .  .   .  .  .   be the Bills.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    Guess Crable and rookie OLBs will have a good time the first two weeks and let them gain some confidence. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Heres' an article on the Peters trade, from the Bills' perspective: http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/642841.html
    Posted by TexasPat3

TEX:
    Once again, good links. Tip of the hat, my friend. Keep up the good work.

Concerning Peters: This is great move by PHI & Reid. I remember seeing Olineman being traded (usually the best one), ages ago from my team. As a fan, you think to yourself, my team has no shot at a ring. I haven't felt that way in a while, thankfully. TO coming to town and no QB were the back breaker me thinks. Reid said he's the 'best in football', I doubt that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Its' just be reported that the Buffalo Bills have traded disgruntled OT Jason Peters to the Eagles for the 28th overall selection this year, and plus a second day pick both this year, and next: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9466866/Sources:-Eagles-trade-for-Bills-Pro-Bowl-LT-Peters  
    Posted by TexasPat3

TEX: Watch this archive-
    He was the 3rd highest paid lineman on BUF. Brass by the lake blew it. Should've paid him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WgKrYOrpMk&feature=fvsr

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

If there is a run on OTs in the first, and Britton goes at 20 or 22, I suppose it is possible that Buffalo would be interested in trading up to secure Beatty, who fits into their zone blocking scheme, apparently.

Just swapping 3rd round picks in addition to trading down to 28 might be worth it if nobody exciting (Maualuga) drops to 23.

There are going to be a couple really good players that end up dropping to #75, and maybe we could even swap #97 for #75, instead of giving up #89.

But my guess is that Buffalo will draft at another position than OT, since they seem to have some promising tackles and might just draft depth later.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Jason Peters has signed a 4 year, $53mil. contract extension, with $25mil. of that guaranteed. Since he had two more years remaining on his original contract, this extension will allow the Eagles to retain his services through 2014. During that time, Peters is scheduled to earn $60mil..

Not too shabby, for a guy who was an undrafted free agent in 2004: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20090418_The_Eagles_land
    _a_big_offensive_tackle.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]TEX: Watch this archive- He was the 3rd highest paid lineman on BUF. Brass by the lake blew it. Should've paid him. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WgKrYOrpMk&feature=fvsr
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

Yes. Can't say that I blame him for wanting out...or holding out. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The following is Michael Lombardi's excellent analysis of the Jason Peters trade:

The Buffalo Bills and Jason Peters finally parted ways.  The Bills clearly did not want to sign Peters to a long-term deal, especially for about the same price as Carolina Panthers tackle Jordon Gross, and found a very willing partner in the Eagles — who then made Peters the second-highest-paid lineman in the NFL. Peters did not play consistently well last year, due in large part to missing camp and not being in great football shape.  I trust and believe the Eagles can fix the issues about conditioning and inconsistent play with their coaching, and now they have a legitimate left tackle. The Eagles had to fix their offensive line, so this move makes sense. 

Facing Dallas Cowboys defensive end DeMarcus Ware twice a year requires you to have a talented left tackle, and Peters can handle the position. I don’t see a downside to this move because the Eagles realized there would not be a left tackle awaiting them in next weekend’s draft at No. 21. Parting with a fourth-round pick this year and a sixth in 2010 is not that costly (this trade leaves them with 10 total picks in this draft). The Eagles had more than $30 million of cap room to spend, and after this deal they can now focus on getting Donavan McNabb redone.

The Bills now may move their right tackle, Langston Walker, to left tackle and pursue an offensive lineman in the draft. Once the contract issue with Peters couldn’t be resolved, the Bills had to trade him. They couldn’t suffer through another season of poor play (Peters gave up a whopping 11.5 sacks last year) resulting from his failure to get a new contract. Their reluctance to pay Peters is the reason for the trade; last year, there were 14 trades made before the draft, and the reason for most of them was contract issues. 

With all the moves they’re making in Buffalo, you have to wonder what head coach Dick Jauron is thinking. He knows his future after next season is solely dependent on becoming a playoff team. But how can the Bills be a playoff team with a huge hole in the left side of their line? This trade seems to favor the Eagles, but with the draft a week away, the Bills might turn the picks into players who can help their team win in ‘09. I’m sure Jauron is hoping the same thing.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree with P Mike, what a dumb move by the Bills. I mean you are all right that the eagles made a great trade but the Bills mad a retarded trade. They go out and get the #2 WR they have been waiting for to open things up for Lee Evens and then they trade the best player they have on the O line? He is teh LT the most importent player on the team as far as the QB is concerned and you trade him away? Good luck Bills cause Edwards is going to get killed now that he doesnt have peters watching his back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Watch what they do in the draft. They have a good shot at either Andre Smith or Oher at 11. They could even make that pick and still end up with the defensive player they covet, Ayers, at 28. Overall, it cuts cost and perhaps, they're ranking those two tackles higher than Peters. Unlike the Eagles, they could even get away without addressing tackle by 28 by doing so in the 2nd round, Duke Robinson or Loadholt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea but Edwards has never played with out Peters blocking his blindside and they should not have traded away his safety net.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

[QUOTE]Yea but Edwards has never played with out Peters blocking his blindside and they should not have traded away his safety net.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

but he also lost yardage 11.5 times after getting hit because of Peters play blocking his blindside.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Some coaches say Peters is a hall of fame LT with otu a doubt and that his play slipped because he was unhappy with the Bills, the Bills gave two FAs big time deals and he was a better linemen then both of them and so he was liek why ami not making that kind of cash? And teh Bills were dumb and ignored him. If he turns out to be a hall of famer the Bills will look dumb.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

And if whoever they draft for OT is a HOFer, they look smart.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

They might get themselves a good tackle in the draft but just because they draft a first round tackle doesnt mean they will pan out or even come close to being in teh same league as Peters was. They had a proven LT who was going to block Edwards backside for years to come and they traded him over some BS money issue and now they MIGHT get a good replacement but maybe not. I just dont see the point in trading a proven player for a draft pick.

Sections
Shortcuts