Biting Comments By Bruschi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Biting Comments By Bruschi

Check out these comments by Cool Bru:

1.) On Chad Ochocincho: "I'm not going to call him a lost cause, but it's close. The Patriots have the bye after the Dallas game, and if he's still having problems after that, then it would be time to reassess his value to the team.";

2.) On Albert Haynesworth and the Pats "D": "Right now, Albert Haynesworth looks like he's far from being in midseason form. A back injury for a defensive lineman can be a serious deal. When you see him cramping on the field while he's playing in a rotational basis, that speaks volumes about his conditioning. This team needs Haynesworth to contribute. On the Patriots' defense, I'm going to temper any excitement until after this Cowboys game.";

3.) On BJGE: "As long as Green-Ellis and Stevan Ridley are playing the way they are, you won't see much from Shane Vereen. That's what you want as a Patriots fan. Ridley is a good changeup, but I've said this for weeks: Green-Ellis is your workhorse. Did you see how he carried Sione Pouhainto the end zone? That is the difference between BJGE and the two rookies: the lower-body strength and the ability to carry defenders for that much-needed final yard.";

4.) On the NY Jets: "As of right now, I think they're done. With reports of dissention in the locker room, there have been two weeks in this three-game losing stretch where they have been beaten by their own game. The Raiders pounded them with Darren McFadden, and the Patriots outrushed them 152 yards to 97. There is still time for them, but with the emergence of Buffalo, they are on the outside looking in. It is a real possibility they miss the playoffs.";

5.) On the crumpling of the Manningless Colts: "Unfortunately (for them) it seems like Peyton is the difference. When Tom Brady went down, and Matt Cassel came in, we took it upon ourselves to show we were still a good football team even without Brady. We won 11 games. I believe the Colts players have that type of pride also. But one mistake I recognize is bringing Kerry Collins in; that's still puzzling to me. He was clearly retired, and this type of start for them was inevitable due to Collins' lack of knowledge in this offense. I would have gone with Curtis Painter from the beginning.";

6.) On the Dallas Cowboys: "Dallas has the third ranked pass offense in the NFL...the...edge goes to Dallas, especially with Miles Austin returning from a hamstring injury. Dez Bryant will be a go. He should be healthy from that quad injury. (Jason) Witten leads the team in almost every important category, and the guy can block...on the Patriots' defense, I'm going to temper any excitement until after this Cowboys game...Witten is better than (Antonio) Gates...I would make Tony Romo try to complete passes to his receivers. While those receivers are dangerous too, one pass to those receivers is one fewer pass to Witten, and those are often easier passes over the middle of the field."

"Overall, this next week will be a different beast, as you're looking at the No. 1 defense against the run. They're the fourth ranked defense in yards. And they come in with a pass offense that can move the ball in the air. The Cowboys' defensive coordinator is Rob Ryan, so it will be a game where the Patriots' offensive coaches will have to sideline adjust against Ryan and his complex schemes. Should be a big test." http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7084366/bruschi-tap-how-much-patriots-defense-improved

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Biting Comments From Bruschi

Big test to go up against that defense.  The OL needs to be on.  The defense can pick Romo.  I don't think Romo is one to study very hard thus the very obtuse interceptions.  Special teams better get their act together as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi

This is a game where the loss of Faulk is truly noticeable. Ware and Spencer coming off the edge might be too much to ask for Ridley or Woodhead to handle. I think this is also a spot that Connelly pulling out on screens from the guard position to offset the edge rush hurts now that he is at C. I just dont see Waters as quick on his feet as Connelly.  
    Hoping Vollmer is ready.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

This wont be close, and even if it ends up being close, we can rely on our secret weapon, The choke artist known as Tony Romo....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I am concerned about Dallas too, they should be 4-0, they are coming off a bye week, Rob Ryan, if you recall, was Cleveland's DC last year, also coming off a bye week, they trounced us. If Romo doesn't hand us the game like he did to the Jets and Lions then we could be in for a tough afternoon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Biggest test of the season. 

If the D plays big I will be encouraged for their improvement going forward, and hopefully we continue to move the ball by running it as well. 

Now we see if the Pats D has truly improved.  I'm not techincally looking for yards given up but....Third down efficiency and RedZone D

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Good comments from Tedy, except his apparent misconceptions about 2008.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

never mind "should be, could be"  Asr BP said "you are what your record says you are".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Akiraloco. Show Akiraloco's posts

Not really concern about the dallas D"   Romo will think is halloween and will come in as santa and give us some well appreciated gifts"  lol

ps: Sometimes i think God comes down to earth in the form of Bradry an just KICK some *SS!!!   Go bradyyyyyy  wooo.....!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

We beat Dallas 37-21.  No big deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Old friend Albert Breer wrote a complimentary article today about the toughness of the Patriots starting to show.

Here's the article, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8230a267/article/patriots-beginning-to-show-toughness-that-had-been-missing?module=HP11_cp

And here's some highlights of Breer's article,
    "Against a Jets team that's ragged now, but remains rough and tumble, New England proved it was plenty tough for the fight. The Patriots' 13-play, 69-yard, 6:12-long drive in the fourth quarter went like this: Run, sneak, run, run, run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, field goal. After Stephen Gostkowski capped it with a 28-yard field goal, New England's tally looked like this: 4 first downs, 9-point lead, 1:02 left. Ballgame."

"But elsewhere, the hard edge that's been missing from New England at important times in recent years -- the commonality in the team's three-game playoff losing streak is getting beat at the line of scrimmage -- is showing up. And that's not insignificant."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

bruschi seems to be looking for chad to have a year something like moss did in 2007.. if not he considers him a bust. 

its been a big season of change for chad, even tougher without the time in camp. at this point he should be starting to get it and contribute more which it looks like he's starting to. imo he's going to continue to improve and have a breakout game very soon. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Yeah Dallas has the # 4 D in the league. And the Chargers have the 5th and Jets the 11th. And the difference between 4th and 11th? A half of a point and 45 yards per game. In fact Dallas is ranked above San Diego because they've given up a whopping 2.5 ypg less. SD has given up less points.

Point? The rankings between teams grouped that close together are meaningless. We've already faced two teams with as good defenses as the Cowboys.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

I think the Pats pull it out at home and win and wes has a bigger day than orlando s. thinks he does. Go Pats! Be great if tom threw for 517 again. pats will be into the bye after this week. they should be so happy and fired up. Brady has beat romo before and can again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi:
    bruschi seems to be looking for chad to have a year something like moss did in 2007.. if not he considers him a bust.   its been a big season of change for chad, even tougher without the time in camp. at this point he should be starting to get it and contribute more which it looks like he's starting to. imo he's going to continue to improve and have a breakout game very soon. 
    Posted by kjfitone

I agree. You know he's made some decent catches - extended some drives - worked the sideline well. I would think that he'll get better and better, it's not like this guy is a Joey Galloway - who couldn't do a thing for us. If he ends up with 50 catches and a few touchdowns I'd call it a success, and of course it'd be nice if he had some plays during the post season. The guy who I really want to see do something is Price, when is he going to do something?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

apparently Peyton is the difference.

When it comes from Mr. Patriot, the Manning Brady debate ends. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

you've become a parrot of yourself- you are very predictable and boring to read

apparently Peyton is the difference. When it comes from Mr. Patriot, the Manning Brady debate ends. 
    Posted by UD6

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Bruschi speaks his mind and has the football and PATS cred for his comments/analysis to carry weight.
    He's great with his football commentary.
    Tedy would make a great D Coordinator, and I know just the team that can use his talent and skills.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

His comments about Chad just show you that he is truly an ESPN empolyee. That is a story they want to blow up and so he is selling it but seriously, Chad is the 5th receiver on that offense behind Welker, Branch, Herandez, and Gronk and so he is what he is. They are not expecting him to blow up they just want him to play team football and he does and if he gets better he gets better but if not he is still the 5th option. People just want to sell papers and get hits on their blogs and that is a hot topic but its a BS tropic. If Chad has another down week he will still be on this team, he wont be cut and no one will be "moving on" that is just stupid.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

85 must be the highest paid 5th receiver in the NFL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

His comments about Chad just show you that he is truly an ESPN empolyee. That is a story they want to blow up and so he is selling it but seriously, Chad is the 5th receiver on that offense behind Welker, Branch, Herandez, and Gronk and so he is what he is. They are not expecting him to blow up they just want him to play team football and he does and if he gets better he gets better but if not he is still the 5th option. People just want to sell papers and get hits on their blogs and that is a hot topic but its a BS tropic. If Chad has another down week he will still be on this team, he wont be cut and no one will be "moving on" that is just stupid.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Agree.  Chad has come in big on getting some 1st downs on a timely basis.
    When they went out and got him it was more of a depth move rather than a go to guy. He's just another man opposing defenses have to keep an eye out and that suits Brady's and Belichick's schemes.
    Who cares what he's done thus far. It's more than just numbers .

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

apparently Peyton is the difference. When it comes from Mr. Patriot, the Manning Brady debate ends. 
    Posted by UD6

Isn't it more about the FO decisions of both franchises than about Brady/Manning?
    You need to reread this part:
    '' But one mistake I recognize is bringing Kerry Collins in; that's still puzzling to me. He was clearly retired, and this type of start for them was inevitable due to Collins' lack of knowledge in this offense. I would have gone with Curtis Painter from the beginning. ''

What Tedy is saying is that the Colts FO(Irsay, Polian, Caldwell) all put their heads together and came up with the cockamaymee idea of taking a guy who is 57 years old out of long retirement(Collins), with no knowledge of the system and out of playing shape, and start him in favor of Painter. This has to be one of the dumbest moves in history. When Brady went down the next man in was Cassel and when Gomer went down it should have been next guy in line, a few seasons into the system Painter. Major FO FAIL.

Slick front office you got there in Indy who also waited for the season ticket holders to pay out before announcing Gomer was likely out for the year.

This is not a Brady/Manning issue.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Posted by UD6

There never WAS a Manning Brady debate.  The Clots don't have a team, the Pats do.  Peyton was the difference because they tilted the whole affair to his particular talents, and didn't have a good back up.  The Patriots, NOT being stupid, make sure they at least have a decent back up.  Manning is good.  But for the amount of time he has been in the league, he is only ONE RING GOOD.  So, no debate.  You lose.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Posted by MVPkilla4life

Killa
    Good Analysis! Common sense rules.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

bruschi seems to be looking for chad to have a year something like moss did in 2007.. if not he considers him a bust.   its been a big season of change for chad, even tougher without the time in camp. at this point he should be starting to get it and contribute more which it looks like he's starting to. imo he's going to continue to improve and have a breakout game very soon. 
    Posted by kjfitone

I'm not sure about that.  Even Reiss, the most cautious, conservative reporter out there has pointed out some obvious Ocho deficiencies.  For example, the fact that he frequently doesn't even know where to line up.  Forget routes, this guy isn't even at the point where he can line up correctly each and every play.  It was irrational for fans to dump on Ocho after 1 or 2 games.  With every week, those fans become less and less irrational.

That said, I think he's starting to make some very timely plays.  I do think he will get better, but he is definitely not going to be a Moss.  He's looking like he might become a Gaffney.  That's OK, but with his signing bonus he gets over $6M to play this year.  He came in with high expectations.  My best guess is that at the end of the year we'll say he got better, was an ok contributor, but was waaaaay overpaid.  It pains me that Chad is making much more than Welker this year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

As much as I don't like the Jets I don't believe they're done. Last year they were 11-5 and could have been 9-7,8-8. But they kicked our butts in the playoff so I disagree with Teddy on that one.

Sections
Shortcuts