Biting Comments By Bruschi

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi

In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi :      You've dealt with The Dog(gggg) long enough to know that he'll never admit to being wrong. He'll either try to lie his way out of it...misrepresent what was said, or mis-direct the conversation. Because I've tired of his childish ways, I've place him on ignore. Perhaps you should do the same, Russ. He's not worth your time.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

And yet you waste your time by saying this all of the time.  Tex, people know your agenda.  You aren't fooling anyone. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Caraway, I agree, but

I disagree that his skills have diminished. Maybe he isnt 2006 C.Johnson, but dude still has some quick feet and can get open. Its just a matter of Brady trusting guys over him.  Look at Deion Branch, does he look faster than Ocho to you?

Deion is a step slow but since he is always where he needs to be, Brady makes him look good.

The same can happen w/Chad, but if injuries dont force his hand, he will continue to go to his guys...Wes, Branch, Gronk cuz they are good.  When they actually call # 85's number he has responded w/great catches. He still works the sideline as well as anyone in the league.  I am not buying he is devoid of skills.  If the Pats wanted him to have a 6 catch 85 yard day, i think its easy, but they arent catering to him, nor should they.  The less he does now , the more lethal he will be come playoff time....the 30 pt streak is still going so whats the problem?  You just wanna see endzone dances??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE] I've actually been encourage with his recent games.  He's done a decent imitation of your typical Gaffney game; don't make a bunch of catches but the catches he makes tend to be timely and needed.  Even if he slowly progresses week by week he will be a contributor in the playoffs.  As you point out, his skills are likely diminished.  He can still contribute though if he learns the offense.  In that regard I think he's making Gaffney look like a genius.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Agreed. He definitely hit his nader around the Buffalo game, dropping a sure TD in blown coverage, and rounding off a route like he was napping, which led to an INT. The rule of this offense, and team in general, is that you get small opportunities first, and how you perform in those chances dictates how many more chances you get. Ocho had mixed results the first few weeks, bottoming out against Buffalo. But he is looking more comfortable in the short amount of snaps he is given on the field. 

But his catches the last couple of weeks have been 'timely' and the toe-tapper was perfect. I think in this offense you need to be consistent for Brady to keep going to you. Right now, it is clear that a.) he is third on the depth chart behind Branch and Welker, and b.) he is only getting looks when he is in there after Brady looks to his other guys. 

The problem is that he needs to be good enough to justify taking Hernandez off the field going from 2TE into the "11" set, or Branch/Welker off the field when they stay in the 2TE set NE runs most often. That is a tall order for a guy who is new to the offense and 32 years old. 

BUT, if he keeps making big 1st down catches, and keeps from making mental mistakes or getting caught napping, NE will game plan more to their "11" package, where he is on the field, and Brady will throw it his way more often. He can always see time on the field in the 4-wide package as well, when the game plan calls for a spread that takes Gronk off the field too making space for Branch, Welker, Hern, Ocho. But I don't see NE running too much of that until Woody and/or Faulk are back, because you need that shifty and quick 3rd down back type to make that formation hum. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi : Agreed. He definitely hit his nader around the Buffalo game, dropping a sure TD in blown coverage, and rounding off a route like he was napping, which led to an INT. The rule of this offense, and team in general, is that you get small opportunities first, and how you perform in those chances dictates how many more chances you get. Ocho had mixed results the first few weeks, bottoming out against Buffalo. But he is looking more comfortable in the short amount of snaps he is given on the field.  But his catches the last couple of weeks have been 'timely' and the toe-tapper was perfect. I think in this offense you need to be consistent for Brady to keep going to you. Right now, it is clear that a.) he is third on the depth chart behind Branch and Welker, and b.) he is only getting looks when he is in there after Brady looks to his other guys.  The problem is that he needs to be good enough to justify taking Hernandez off the field going from 2TE into the "11" set, or Branch/Welker off the field when they stay in the 2TE set NE runs most often. That is a tall order for a guy who is new to the offense and 32 years old.  BUT, if he keeps making big 1st down catches, and keeps from making mental mistakes or getting caught napping, NE will game plan more to their "11" package, where he is on the field, and Brady will throw it his way more often. He can always see time on the field in the 4-wide package as well, when the game plan calls for a spread that takes Gronk off the field too making space for Branch, Welker, Hern, Ocho. But I don't see NE running too much of that until Woody and/or Faulk are back, because you need that shifty and quick 3rd down back type to make that formation hum. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

+ 1

People dont realize that the 12 personell is our base now and once in a while we will go 5 wide like the beginning of the jets game when they went empty set, but i think that was there answer to not having Woody, rather than overuse Benny, they just used some empty set.  12 is our best personell with Gronk and Hernandez being so dynamic.  I am happy they arent catering to him and as long as he is a good soldier, he will be rewarded with a feature appearance at some point...but with us averaging over 30 a game, the only real reason to force it to Chad is if Bill has him on his fantasy team..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Chad Johnson, there is no doubt the Pats overpaid for what they are getting.  But does anyone really think they will jettison him and throw Taylor Price out there?  I don't think they will.  He's nice insurance, he's a 3rd WR, and what would they get other than a roster spot?  I think at some point he will have a breakout performance. 

Re: Haynesworth, same thing.  He gives the Pats same decent push and depth.  I agree that 6 weeks into the season he shouldn't be winded when he's a rotational-type player.  I have seen the dominant Albert Haynesworth on a consistent basis, but I'm not sure Brace or Deaderick can do more than a healthy AH. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

UD6, im not gonna get into whatever you are discussing but i would like to take this moment to say I hope you guys dont pull a Detroit Lions move and go 0-16. I doubt it, and  I know its frustrating...I cant even remember last time we started that bad. Now you know why we always stressed that N.E. had the better team even if the Brady/Manning thing was debatable(sp). I think the book is out on Caldwell and for that matter a little on Dungy as well.  I def. think Caldwell just inherited a good team. Atleast Dungy was inspiring and was a good football mind defensively, but going forward you have to pray for Pey- a ton. Gruden said Peyton even use to run the whole practice!!   You guys are not set up to succeed w/out him and coaching cant overcome it either.

I know this doesnt sound like empathy but it is, just with a few backhanded compliments in between. Good luck on the rest of the season. I still believe our matchup will be exciting as Painter is getting better every week and you still have those nightmare for QB pass rushers that get after it. So if we decide Brady needs to be on t.v. that week we could struggle blocking up front.

I hope you have NFL sunday Ticket like the Manning commercial sais..."Tune in to my brother Eli while we are blowing out the Texans"  only difference is its you guys getting blown out.

p.s. , this post was in no way meant to be derogatory. Seriously

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi : Take a look at Gaffney's first handful of games in 2006. I was on here saying all he had to be was Gaffney, especially if we ran the ball more. He's not making Gaffney look like a genius at all. Some have VERY short memories here. We had a DIRE need in 2006 and Gaffney was simply a better option from what we had seen to that point opposite Caldwell, the latter being AT BEST a #2. Jackson, Gabriel, etc, were so bad, Gaffney's consistency and growth looked fantastic. Remember? But, if you look back at his learning on the fly, he wasn't toe tapping on the sidelines or getting behind Ds for 60 yard bombs, his 3rd game in. In 2006, Gaffney played 11 games, started 6 after being signed in October. So, his context is similar to Ochocino's in this regard. He had a total of 11 catches, 142 yards and 1 TD in 11 games. Yup. Not so good on paper, is it? And that's when WE NEEDED a flanker BADLY. In 2011, we are so loaded, Edelman and Price don't even get on  the field. I am stunned that some don't see the differences.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Gaffney came in during the season.  He had zero training camp and zero preseason.  That is a HUGE difference.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

You're delusional.  The whispers around the league are probably very accurate, but the Colts are just hoping, wishing and praying if they wait, something good will happen.
    Whispers around the League???  What whispers?  Who do you think you are, Peter King?  This topic has been commented on ad nauseum since it happened and there have been specualtions both for and against Manning returning.  I haven't seen any kind of majority as to that speculation.  so who is "whispering", what are they "whispering", and why do you think they know more than anyone else?

You should be doing the same (praying).
    I am all for praying. 

Your exact response above is EXACTLY what I am talking about.  They "expected" him to come back.  Why?  Why would anyone expect a 35, soon to be 36 year old QB who has had multiple prior surgeries and now having a VERY SERIOUS nerve based surgery, who has no feeling in his arm, be "expected back"? It's not common at all! 
    I would recommend rereading the post to which you responded.  Manning had the same surgery (not the fusion) before the 2010 season and was lights out until all of the players around him started getting injured.  If it worked then, why might it not work again.  As for the commonality of the surgery, I am no expert, but I'd imagine a neurologist interviewed by NFL.com may be. 

Much can go wrong, and it looks like it did.  If everything is so simple, as you  claim, why isn't he playing? I'll tell you why: His brother had a similar issue and he couldn't play anymore. Manning is dealing with a side, genetic situation that makes his situation serious, because if it doesn't heal, we know what that means.  It may not heal.
    Who said it was simple?  Please don't put words in my mouth.  His brother didn't have a similar issue (as far as we know), and this is an example of your frequent embellishments to make a poiint.  Manning's brother has spinal stenosis.  I have yet to see any report stating that Manning has the same.  Do you have any verified and validated report that Manning has that condition, or are you just speculating? 

Spinal and nerve issues are serious.  The Colts ignored this possibility all spring and summer.  That's exactly my point.  The Colts are arrogant/deluded.
    umm - if Manning had the same problem before and got surgery and it took care of the problem then, why would anyone expect that surgery again couldn't take care of the problem now?  The colts couldn't speak to Manning during the spring and summer.  there was a lockout.  duh. 

If this was Brady, there is no way on earth, Belichick would "expect" Brady back.  Case closed.  You keep spinning wildly and are stumblin back into the ropes. Again.
    LOL - I love how you know what Belichick would do.  Belichick plays injured players.  Its documented.  Ask Ted Washington. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]UD6, im not gonna get into whatever you are discussing but i would like to take this moment to say I hope you guys dont pull a Detroit Lions move and go 0-16. I doubt it, and  I know its frustrating...I cant even remember last time we started that bad. Now you know why we always stressed that N.E. had the better team even if the Brady/Manning thing was debatable(sp). I think the book is out on Caldwell and for that matter a little on Dungy as well.  I def. think Caldwell just inherited a good team. Atleast Dungy was inspiring and was a good football mind defensively, but going forward you have to pray for Pey- a ton. Gruden said Peyton even use to run the whole practice!!   You guys are not set up to succeed w/out him and coaching cant overcome it either. I know this doesnt sound like empathy but it is, just with a few backhanded compliments in between. Good luck on the rest of the season. I still believe our matchup will be exciting as Painter is getting better every week and you still have those nightmare for QB pass rushers that get after it. So if we decide Brady needs to be on t.v. that week we could struggle blocking up front. I hope you have NFL sunday Ticket like the Manning commercial sais..."Tune in to my brother Eli while we are blowing out the Texans"  only difference is its you guys getting blown out. p.s. , this post was in no way meant to be derogatory. Seriously
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]
    You may be right about some of these things Jay.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Rusty - "I am not a doctor, but I play one on the BDC board". 

Are these league doctors, because you said "whispers around the league".  Look, I have no idea whether or not Manning will play again and neither do you or the colts or Manning for that matter (well maybe he knows). 

The lockout didn't help Manning and he had a second (same as 2010) procedure in May.  When he was released to practice, he was still experiencing issues.  That was July.  I'll ask again, how was the team to know if he'd had the procedure before and was good enough to play all last year?  Why would anyone think he couldn't heal again? 

Russ - no one speculates facts like you.  you are the man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Re: Chad Johnson, there is no doubt the Pats overpaid for what they are getting.  But does anyone really think they will jettison him and throw Taylor Price out there?  I don't think they will.  He's nice insurance, he's a 3rd WR, and what would they get other than a roster spot?  I think at some point he will have a breakout performance.  Re: Haynesworth, same thing.  He gives the Pats same decent push and depth.  I agree that 6 weeks into the season he shouldn't be winded when he's a rotational-type player.  I have seen the dominant Albert Haynesworth on a consistent basis, but I'm not sure Brace or Deaderick can do more than a healthy AH.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Has Price recovered from his injuries?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi : Dude, it hasn't healed yet, which means it will never heal.  Very simple here. The whispers are from doctors who feel if he is going to take this long to heal, he may never get feeling back. Belichick had Cassel developed, and if he hadn't he'd have traded for a quality veteran like he had in the past with Testaverde or Flutie. So, yes, I know EXACTLY what BB would do, because he's done it.  No team crosses their Ts and dots the Is better than the Pats.

Obviously, The Dog(gggg) still hasn't made it  through the 5 stages of grief. He still harbours hopes of #18 returning, wearing a white cape and sporting a brand new neck...and tossing 55 TD passes next season. Can you say delusional? LOL!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Did you miss the lockout? It's not a huge difference at all. Gaffney had a preseason and an entire camp to get into game shape with Philly. Their situations are almost exaxct parallels. Here's your playbook, learn it quick and try to progress.  Also, in Ocho's role, he has more to digest as the 2nd flanker.  Gaffney was a 4th WR option behind Caldwell and Troy Brown with Watson used as an H Back. Gaffney didn't even start for his first 5 games. Ocho made this team and has started. Gaffney was picked up on 10/9, had a Bye week, was Inactive against Buff and then got action on 10/30/06 against Minny when Chad Jackson looked great. Jackson was then cut and Gaffney did nothing the next week in a 27-20 loss to Indy where Brady was picked 4 times at home (hmmm..sounds like Buffalo this year in the shotgun/spread obsession). It wasn't until his 4th possible game did he have an impact with 3 catches for 65 yards against the Jets. In his 5th game, he did 1 catch for 4 yards in a 35-0 blasting of GB. So, you can see the stuttering from him, too. It's tiring having this discussion.  He's not #85 in Cincy, our offense is loaded, he's a nice decoy and he's learning until he can put up better numbers.

The fact that Gaffney spent training camp in Philly only addresses the "football conditioning" aspect, not the playbook.  He was also cut at the start of the season by Philly, so he missed some games there.  There was indeed a lockout.  That said, we've had a training camp, 4 preseason games, and 5 regular season games.  Ocho has already played more games with the Pats, and only 2 less real games than Gaffney did the entire 2006 regular season.  And of course, we all know how Gaffney stepped up against the Chargers in the playoffs that year.  He was the best receiver on the field that day.

Look, I think he's improving, and will continue to do so.  I'm not calling for him to be cut.  I just think it's becoming pretty darn obvious that his ability to come in here and learn the playbook is below average at best; all things being considered.  I'm sure there are rookie WR's on teams looking better.  There isn't a single analyst who thinks he's picking up things on par with what should be expected.  He still has difficulties lining up correctly.  At this point in the season, that's not good.  Not being able to line up right has nothing to do with conditioning and nothing to do with diminished skills.  That's a reflection on his cranial uptake.  

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

[EDIT] But to reiterate, he is improving, will improve, and will be a contributor later in the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]His comments about Chad just show you that he is truly an ESPN empolyee. That is a story they want to blow up and so he is selling it but seriously, Chad is the 5th receiver on that offense behind Welker, Branch, Herandez, and Gronk and so he is what he is. They are not expecting him to blow up they just want him to play team football and he does and if he gets better he gets better but if not he is still the 5th option. People just want to sell papers and get hits on their blogs and that is a hot topic but its a BS tropic. If Chad has another down week he will still be on this team, he wont be cut and no one will be "moving on" that is just stupid.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Great dead-on post

Deon Branch is going to get 60-70 receptions for 800-1,000 yards and 6-8 TD's this season.

The last 3 seasons Chad averaged 64 receptions, just over 800 yards and just under 6 TD's in a different offense he was comfortable in and throw to all the time.

This season, as the noted option #5, he will likely get 35-45 receptions, 450-600 yards and 2-5 TD's.

Maybe some people felt Chad would give us Branch's #2 WR type #'s and Branch would be more the #5... but that is foolish, Branch knows this offense and is a year and a half younger. There are only so many balls to go around.

Say the year ends with this distribution:

Welker - 133 (breaks record, needs to avg 8 per game to get here)
    Gronk - 72
    Branch - 67
    Hernandez - 58
    Ochocinco - 40
    Woodhead - 17
    BJGE - 15
    Price -10
    Ridley/Faulk/Vereen - 10
    Slater - 3

That is 425 completions for Brady

He had 398 in 2007

In his 4 other best seasons he went for 373-371-334-324.

The Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Chiefs and Jets are all far worse teams this year than they either were last year or expected to be pre-season. Denver and Miami are awful and we get the Bills and Giants revenge games at home.

Anything less than 13-3 at this point would be a SHOCK. Our offense will continue to put up monster numbers and I bet Chad will turn 2 catches a game now into 3 per right after the BYE, then be a 4 catch a game guy down the stretch and into the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Did Gomer go to Europe for a second opinion or not? If he did and the reports are true that the second opinion wasn't postive, then this isn't "speculation". Gomer flew in one of those things called planes to meet with doctors who didn't tell him what he wanted to hear. "Call it the grape vine or the rumor mill, but we’ve heard that the neurosurgeon who worked on Colts QB Peyton Manning has privately told some folks that Manning’s injury is career-ending. As we heard it, the nerve in his throwing arm is described as “dead” and has impacted his accuracy. No wonder Manning has gone to Europe to undergo stem cell treatment after multiple failed surgeries in the U.S. We hope something works for the Colts’ future Hall of Famer."

Please cite the location for this.  I'd like to read it myself. 

As for the European trip, its obvious to those with an open mind that the reason for doing this is a) the stem cell therapy is not available in the US    b) the stem cell therapy is an alternative to the permanent spinal fusion. 

As I have said, it is possible that Manning won't play again, but the point made by the doctor in NFL.com interview is that NFL players have spinal fusion surgery and continue to play. 

As expected, you chose to let go of your attempt to link Manning's issue with his brother as there is nothing out there to confirm it.  Typical. 

Looking forward to the next load of sh*t you will be trying to sell. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi : Great dead-on post Deon Branch is going to get 60-70 receptions for 800-1,000 yards and 6-8 TD's this season. The last 3 seasons Chad averaged 64 receptions, just over 800 yards and just under 6 TD's in a different offense he was comfortable in and throw to all the time. This season, as the noted option #5, he will likely get 35-45 receptions, 450-600 yards and 2-5 TD's. Maybe some people felt Chad would give us Branch's #2 WR type #'s and Branch would be more the #5... but that is foolish, Branch knows this offense and is a year and a half younger. There are only so many balls to go around. Say the year ends with this distribution: Welker - 133 (breaks record, needs to avg 8 per game to get here) Gronk - 72 Branch - 67 Hernandez - 58 Ochocinco - 40 Woodhead - 17 BJGE - 15 Price -10 Ridley/Faulk/Vereen - 10 Slater - 3 That is 425 completions for Brady He had 398 in 2007 In his 4 other best seasons he went for 373-371-334-324. The Steelers, Eagles, Colts, Chiefs and Jets are all far worse teams this year than they either were last year or expected to be pre-season. Denver and Miami are awful and we get the Bills and Giants revenge games at home. Anything less than 13-3 at this point would be a SHOCK. Our offense will continue to put up monster numbers and I bet Chad will turn 2 catches a game now into 3 per right after the BYE, then be a 4 catch a game guy down the stretch and into the playoffs.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Good breakdown Rame, Not sure if Brady will get that high on the completions part as the weather turns but he certainly looks like he will break his record now. I won't be surprised if Hernandez stays healthy that he ends up with more receptions then Gronk. Gronk will be the end zone threat but imo Hern will be #2 to WW for the rest of the season...health permitting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi : Please cite the location for this.  I'd like to read it myself.  As for the European trip, its obvious to those with an open mind that the reason for doing this is a) the stem cell therapy is not available in the US    b) the stem cell therapy is an alternative to the permanent spinal fusion.  As I have said, it is possible that Manning won't play again, but the point made by the doctor in NFL.com interview is that NFL players have spinal fusion surgery and continue to play.  As expected, you chose to let go of your attempt to link Manning's issue with his brother as there is nothing out there to confirm it.  Typical.  Looking forward to the next load of sh*t you will be trying to sell. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Underdogg is a bottom-feeder on the totem pole of brain power and also madly in love with Manning, so please cut him a slack. He cant see the difference between a within-teams analyses versus a between-team comparison. He quickly jumps to a manning vrs brady comparison. Poor soul. :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Biting Comments By Bruschi : Good breakdown Rame, Not sure if Brady will get that high on the completions part as the weather turns but he certainly looks like he will break his record now. I won't be surprised if Hernandez stays healthy that he ends up with more receptions then Gronk. Gronk will be the end zone threat but imo Hern will be #2 to WW for the rest of the season...health permitting.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Thanks, aimed lower with Hernandez b/c of the health issues, but Gronk breaking 70 receptions would be a big accomplishment for sure and is probably unlikely.

Getting 45 and 500 and 4 out of Chad is fine with me.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.