BJE Signs with the Bengles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

BJE Signs with the Bengles

Thanks for being the player you were for 4 years. Your willingness to learn  and hard work has just paid off. Just goes to show an undrafted free agent can make a name for himself if he puts in the work. You will be missed BJE and again thanks for all your hard work.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles

In Response to BJE Signs with the Bengles:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for being the player you were for 4 years. Your willingness to learn  and hard work has just paid off. Just goes to show an undrafted free agent can make a name for himself if he puts in the work. You will be missed BJE and again thanks for all your hard work.
    Posted by LegendofBoston[/QUOTE]good riddance! he doesnt fumble exceptionally, he does everything else very average like a ham and egger jambroni. we have better options already on the roster. great move by bb on not payin his price. big error on not re-signing MR. ANDERSON for 3 years. look out for that buffalo defense!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I like the kid. He is very rare in todays NFL. Hard working, humble, doesnt fumble

THIS team needs more talent at the position to offset the all out attack on Brady due to a lack of a talented back behind him.

Hate to say this, but I am happy now, knowing we will upgrade the position.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BJE Signs with the Bengles : good riddance! he doesnt fumble exceptionally, he does everything else very average like a ham and egger jambroni. we have better options already on the roster. great move by bb on not payin his price. big error on not re-signing MR. ANDERSON for 3 years. look out for that buffalo defense!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Once again you prove you don't know squat about football.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]I like the kid. He is very rare in todays NFL. Hard working, humble, doesnt fumble  THIS team needs more talent at the position to offset the all out attack on Brady due to a lack of a talented back behind him. Hate to say this, but I am happy now, knowing we will upgrade the position.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Will we upgrade the position? Certainly not with Ridley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Will we upgrade the position? Certainly not with Ridley.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

That's 100% certain.  Yep.  No chance...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

Damn. I wish they could've brought him back. Not flashy but reliable. Best of luck to him!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Yep - Bennie signed a 3 year deal with the Bengals: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2012/03/21/green-ellis-agrees-to-terms/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

With Ridley if they chose, or Vareen or the drafted back or free agent back that we will get.

Evil, are you one that also believes that Benny was the 2nd coming of Walter Payton like Rusty did.

No names backs are plugged in every year. Its not hard to have some success. After a few years though, if you arent gonna evolve into a star like A.Foster then like B.B. said, "we are ALWAYS looking to make the team better"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Just saw that on schefty's twitter....Well I wish him the best of luck, one of the more reliable and accountable players i've watched in however long i've been enjoying professional ball.  It's just not a running game anymore, backs have such minimal value as individual players and as such I'd imagine NE was offering him a pretty feeble contract.  Deserves every penny he gets in cincy, though the thought of playing for that pathetic money whoarding owner would be a major turn-off for me.  Bengals will never use the resources necessary to be major players.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]With Ridley if they chose, or Vareen or the drafted back or free agent back that we had. Evil, are you one that also believes that Benny was the 2nd coming of Walter Payton like Rusty did. No names backs are plugged in every year. Its not hard to have some success. After a few years though, if you arent gonna evolve into a star like A.Foster then like B.B. said, "we are ALWAYS looking to make the team better"
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

No I wasn't. He was a good reliable RB though and we'll have to wait to see if letting him go was the right move. I don't see Ridley as his replacement and we haven't seen Vareen yet but if I had to pick between the two i'd say a healthy Vareen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Irreplacable talent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

we just better hope riddley doesnt fumble on the goal line, because the first time he does ill be calling for his head..

Good luck to lawfirm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BJE Signs with the Bengles : good riddance! he doesnt fumble exceptionally, he does everything else very average like a ham and egger jambroni. we have better options already on the roster. great move by bb on not payin his price. big error on not re-signing MR. ANDERSON for 3 years. look out for that buffalo defense!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I had to reply to this post. BJE has 24 tds in the last 2 years and never fumbled in his 4 year career. Was he pro bowl material ? No. Was he a game breaker? No. But did he do his job for us when called upon? Yes he was a true Patriot! He will be missed. As for Mr. Anderson. 27.5 million over 4 years and 8 million guaranteed. My thought is see ya and don't let the door hit ya on your way out. He played for a contract this past season. He got it. I'm glad we didnt over pay him when we have just signed 3 quality players (Lloyd, Fells, and Gallery) for basicly the same price as Anderson. Plus Fanene is also a better pickup imo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

B.B. has always done this. Its nothing new and why I KNEW Benny was gonna be gone as early as last year.

He USES Rookies for as long as he can for cheap money and if you arent a FRANCHISE player, he will let you cash in eslewhere and start all over. He did it Samuel, Branch,. Wilson, Watson, etc.  The list goes on. Why else you think B.BN. is notorius for trying to get that 5th year out of rookies(B.Watson) so he can have them longer at cheap money.

Here are Drafted  Players that were shown money for their Hard work.

Tom Brady - Franchise Player
    Vince Wilfork - Franchise Player
    Logan Mankins - Franchise Player
    Jerod Mayo - Franchise Player

Thats the Best QB in the league. Arguably the Best D-lineman. Arguable the Best Guard. Mayo was the best Backer we could find in 10 years.

Any body else will be shown the door when their rookie deal expires. That is unless you are a J.Sanders type who takes cheap money and even then, they cut Sanders after just one year at 3 million.

This ISNT NEW!

Where do you think Benny ranks amongst top Backs??? All he will do is give them what Benson did without the fumbles.

B.B. was prepared for this. Why else tender him one year if he was in future plans.

They could have locked him up at 2mill/year 2 years ago.

He was USED and then told to hit the bricks like many others..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Irreplacable talent.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Irreplacable?? Come now. Though Bennie was certainly dependable, he's never going to be mistaken for a Curtis Martin, or even a Corey Dillon. Truth is that the Pats' corp of RBs was weak, before and after Bennie. The Pats need to address the position through trade (Steven Jackson?), or through the draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank Freaking God!!!  Now BB will be forced to use one of the young backs that actually have talent, speed, quickness, burst, vision, smarts and the ability to run in a direction other then straight ahead.

Finally all you apologists out there will shut up when you see what a real talent, in the backfield, can do over the course of the season.  No more Maroney or Maroney Lite.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Jambroni???..........and The Rock says........lol....watch wrestling much CC?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Thank Freaking God!!!  Now BB will be forced to use one of the young backs that actually have talent, speed, quickness, burst, vision, smarts and the ability to run in a direction other then straight ahead. Finally all you apologists out there will shut up when you see what a real talent, in the backfield, can do over the course of the season.  No more Maroney or Maroney Lite.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Which young back are you talking about? Ridley who fumbled his way out of the lineup or Vareen who hasn't been able to stay healthy?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I think this proves that this guy just wasn't anything more than average/back up material. He certainly wasn't a guy that you could "just hand it to him 20 plus times and we win", like some said and thought - if he was he'd still be here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Well I think this proves that this guy just wasn't anything more than average/back up material. He certainly wasn't a guy that you could "just hand it to him 20 plus times and we win", like some said and thought - if he was he'd still be here.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

You can't judge him like that. He was playing in an offense that runs as a last resort. Personally I think this all pass menatllity has hurt the teams chances for another ring. Brady used to kill teams with the play action especially in the red zone and on third down situations.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : You can't judge him like that. He was playing in an offense that runs as a last resort. Personally I think this all pass menatllity has hurt the teams chances for another ring. Brady used to kill teams with the play action especially in the red zone and on third down situations.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

It's true NE hasn't been a run first offense recently, but at the same time BJGE made it clear he would give the Patriots a chance to match any offer he received from other teams.  When the details of this new contract come out we will see exactly how much he was "valued".  My guess would be not very much.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Glen, this is like which came first the chicken or the egg.

Based on what we did early in the B.B. era, I would say our lack of running was directly correlated to the drop off in talent respectively from RB to QB to WR.

Since 2007, our WR corps has been far better than our RB corps. B.B,. is no idiot.

This is why he drafted 2 back high last year(not undrafted) and let Benny walk so the talent is more even and they can feel comfortable taking snaps away from Brady in favor of the running game.

Sections
Shortcuts