BJE Signs with the Bengles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles

In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles:
    [QUOTE]Thank Freaking God!!!  Now BB will be forced to use one of the young backs that actually have talent, speed, quickness, burst, vision, smarts and the ability to run in a direction other then straight ahead. Finally all you apologists out there will shut up when you see what a real talent, in the backfield, can do over the course of the season.  No more Maroney or Maroney Lite.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

agreed

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Well I think this proves that this guy just wasn't anything more than average/back up material. He certainly wasn't a guy that you could "just hand it to him 20 plus times and we win", like some said and thought - if he was he'd still be here.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

exactly

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Which young back are you talking about? Ridley who fumbled his way out of the lineup or Vareen who hasn't been able to stay healthy?
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]
    Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

So who are they targeting on the FA market?

I don't believe they will pick any RBs early in the draft - they did that last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]
    I take that back. We have bigger priorities.
    I just found out that we lost Mark Anderson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : I had to reply to this post. BJE has 24 tds in the last 2 years and never fumbled in his 4 year career. Was he pro bowl material ? No. Was he a game breaker? No. But did he do his job for us when called upon? Yes he was a true Patriot! He will be missed. As for Mr. Anderson. 27.5 million over 4 years and 8 million guaranteed. My thought is see ya and don't let the door hit ya on your way out. He played for a contract this past season. He got it. I'm glad we didnt over pay him when we have just signed 3 quality players (Lloyd, Fells, and Gallery) for basicly the same price as Anderson. Plus Fanene is also a better pickup imo.
    Posted by LegendofBoston[/QUOTE]

It's a dirty day.  This game is about picking up first downs and control of the clock.  That is why we almost lost the Baltimore game and lost the SB game.  BJGE was the most reliable back we have had since Cory Dillon.  He got the job done.  End of story.  Hard to replace - YES.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

I will miss the law firm. Very solid, hard working, reliable,and got the job done. Wore the Patriot uniform well. Thanks Bennie!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Please bring in mike bush!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : You can't judge him like that. He was playing in an offense that runs as a last resort. Personally I think this all pass menatllity has hurt the teams chances for another ring. Brady used to kill teams with the play action especially in the red zone and on third down situations.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I think if anything a pass first offense should open up things for any runner...you don't see as many 8 man fronts, people are expecting pass and the d line can over pursue opening large lanes for runners to take advantage of. I don't think Benny was physically capable of taking advantage of the room that was there for him this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Benny served his purpose here. He was a fan favorite with his underdog overacheiver thing. His presence was an overall positive experience, but BB clearly wants to upgrade the position and feels his recent draft picks can do that apparently. Happy trails to you BJGE.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : You can't judge him like that. He was playing in an offense that runs as a last resort. Personally I think this all pass menatllity has hurt the teams chances for another ring. Brady used to kill teams with the play action especially in the red zone and on third down situations.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Yeah, yeah. yeah... we know geniuses like you know better than the best coach in the game. We should run more even though we run a normal amount for an NFL team. We should keep Benny because he's really good even though BB doesn't think so. Same old stupid stuff from the same old faction of idiots. You know football as well as you know rocket science. He's gone, we will run as much as BB thinks we should. Live with it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Good luck to the guy.   All NFL RBs should take a page out of his book to see how he carried himself.    Class guy, team guy, hard worker, earned every penny.

It's nice to see him hopefully get the money he wants. I think Cincy just upgraded their RB group by adding his skill set into the mix. He can be a solid lead back complementing Dalton and those weapons or be used as a split back sharing time. 

Regardless, we best now upgrade our RB position. I am assuming they are looking at someone and may be BJGE's deal is the barometer they needed to use to be able to try to upgrade, if that's what they're looking to do.

I still wonder if Pierre Thomas gets cuts by New Orleans with Brees's contract situation pending. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this sucks unless the pats are able to acquire a quality running back.....but needless to say, im gonna miss benny, and good luck to him in the future!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Yep. Now we see the Brady Ballwashers trying to spin why Brady has been medicore in the playoffs against good Ds and why we should blame BJGE for that. lol

It's a shame he didn't leave here with a ring. He would have he had more than the 10 carries. 15 carries in the SB would have probably done it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : I disagree. I think if anything a pass first offense should open up things for any runner...you don't see as many 8 man fronts, people are expecting pass and the d line can over pursue opening large lanes for runners to take advantage of. I don't think Benny was physically capable of taking advantage of the room that was there for him this year.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Of course you disagree. The guys just another tool in the shed constantly harping the tired clueless mantra of, run more" with a mediocre back. It is entirely tedious at this point. You prove to these simpletons that what they say just isn't so and it goes in one ear and out the other. This is the epitome of why Pats' fans are reviled across the NFL. It's the sheer stupidity of overrating certain persons all the time and locking in on delusion to the point of ridiculous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Of course you disagree. The guys just another tool in the shed constantly harping the tired clueless mantra of, run more" with a mediocre back. It is entirely tedious at this point. You prove to these simpletons that what they say just isn't so and it goes in one ear and out the other. This is the epitome of why Pats' fans are reviled across the NFL. It's the sheer stupidity of overrating certain persons all the time and locking in on delusion to the point of ridiculous.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

and you are of the stupid breed who think brady should throw it 600 times a year in his mid 30's....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Yeah, only a nutcase would think the HOF QB should throw less so the scrub RB can run more. You're just another dikwad in the Dikwad Brigade that knows nothing about the game except a few cliches.

i never said they should hand the ball off MORE than pass the ball....dont put words into my mouth......i said more balance would have been nice, espescially against a defense like the giants, whose biggest strength  is getting to the quarterback

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : You're just another tool in the shed of ignorance around here. You really try to sell the BS that we would be better off with BJGE than Brady. What a sick joke. BJGE could hardly find a team to take him. Brady would be paid top money in the league by 25 teams or so if he was available. LMFAO@U, again.

Is this really a comparison that can be made in a sane world?

You know what worries me about his going? It's that the reliance on the passing game for everything will continue. I don't care what anyone says. With no running game we give up the ability to eat up clock and we give up the play action. We make it easier for teams to defend Brady especially on 2 or 3 to go third downs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Yeah, only a nutcase would think the HOF QB should throw less so the scrub RB can run more. You're just another dikwad in the Dikwad Brigade that knows nothing about the game except a few cliches.

Here's question...How many Super Bowls have we won with a balanced run/pass attack compared to how many we've won with a just a pass happy attack?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Here's question...How many Super Bowls have we won with a balanced run/pass attack compared to how many we've won with a just a pass happy attack?
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

bingo!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Here's question...How many Super Bowls have we won with a balanced run/pass attack compared to how many we've won with a just a pass happy attack?

He won;t answer that. He'll pull out his Johnnie Cochrane handbook and wildly deflect away in desperation calling you a nutcase.

Ironic.

One definite nutcase here is Babe Parilli.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : You're just another tool in the shed of ignorance around here. You really try to sell the BS that we would be better off with BJGE than Brady. What a sick joke. BJGE could hardly find a team to take him. Brady would be paid top money in the league by 25 teams or so if he was available. LMFAO@U, again.

Currently, some are pining for Michael Bush and teams couldn't find a team to take him. Hmm.

It's a soft RB market, dribbelips, which means the team has leverage, not the player.  Has little to do with how a team views BJGE's quality/value/skill set.

You're just a raging moron to the nth degree on these topics. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I wish Law Firm the best of luck. He was never flashy but I think in some games they gave up too quickly on the run. At least now the debate over running back can be settled. I was in the camp that liked Benny. As I see it, it will be a win-win situation for us. If we were right we can say I told you so, if we were wrong it won't matter cause the Pats will be winning games handily.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Gosh darn it...he was a solid player and perfect Patriot.  I hope he got the money he deserved and was looking for.  I have no reservations saying that the Patriots will be able to get his production out of anyone else.  He was a predictable afterthought in our offense.  That is no knock on him.  He worked hard and was able to go into free agency with a lot of tread on his tires.  I wish him the best of luck!

There was a good point on the Felger and Mazz show today with DA and Beetle.  If the Pats carried 85 for $6m and were content to get 15 catches, I too will be disappointed if BJGE got anything less than $6m from the Bengals and not from the Patriots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Here's an answer. We have won 1 SB with an over 40 pass attack and won 2 with an under 40 pass attack.

Here's a better question. How many SBs have we won that the D got a stop in the last couple minutes of the game.