BJE Signs with the Bengles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles

In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles:
    [QUOTE]I guess it's pretty clear now that Bill Belichick doesn't see eye-to-eye with Rusty when it comes to Benny's value.  You can't blame O'Brien and Brady for not re-signing the guy. That was clearly BB's decision.  I have no doubt the Pats could have re-signed Green-Ellis at reasonable money if they wanted.  The reality, as many of us more knowledgeable fans have been saying all year, is that BJGE--great guy that he is--is not that great a tailback.  BB understood that and that's exactly why Benny didn't get 20+ carries a game and why BB let Benny walk.  It's obvious what the facts are and unless you think BB is an idiot as a coach, a GM, or both, there's no way to argue around it.  As Rusty would say: Case closed. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I agree. In a nut shell, it wasn't like the guy was a bad guy and he did some things well...he had good vision, patience, size and pad level. It's just that he did so many things not so well that kept us from giving the ball to him 20 times a game or offering him a contract. I think Bill Belichick spoke loud and clear on this one - it wasn't about the money, it was about needing to get better.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Wise comment. Most of us would have thought Ridley's 87 and Vereen's 15 carries had closed the book, but thankfully we have a knowledgeable guy like you to clue us in. I hope BB is reading this.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

yes, but people act like we are doomed with those as our running backs....i disagree.....that was more of what i was getting at

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : This post is pretty dumb considering BB the GM drafted Laura Maroney.  The case has been re-opened.  NE is not going to overpay anyone unless they make a mistake Logie Mankins and BB ain't going to let the Bengals set his price. It has nothing to do with how they view BJGE as a player, professor. They best have an upgraded plan to replace him as well.  Currently, our lead back is a dwarf named Danny Woodhead.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Well this certainly doesn't mesh with your earlier arguments about BB being the world's best GM.  Now he's drafing losers like Maroney, he's overpaying for Mankins, he's been beat out in the contest for Benny by the Bengals, and he's chosen to run the offense with dwarfs!

Bwahhhaaahhh . . . you must be babysitting again tonight!

The reality is that BB is a great coach, a good GM, and a guy who understands what players can do and what they can't. 

He managed Benny right--during the season and afterwards.

You and the other critics were wrong. It's obvious now.  Unless of course, you think BB is an idiot.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case:  You frequently call people smarter than yourself idiots. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Oh really? Well, you are an expert. I hope BB heeds your brilliance. Just one thing though. How many passes did we throw in the SB win for the 2003 season?

if the offense of 11' could score 32 points in the super bowl, i would be all for them chucking the ball around like that.....but this isnt 2003

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : yes, but people act like we are doomed with those as our running backs....i disagree.....that was more of what i was getting at
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

I see. And I agree. Ridley averaged 5+ yac. I would say that is promising. Hopefully he is an answer. Vareen is completely unknown at this point.

I suspect if BB feels more confident in the run game he probably will run more. I just don't question his coaching on either side of the ball. And I don't question his judgement on guys he has on the team. Now, I do question his judgement about guys he brings in. He is virtually infallible on who to let go, not so much on who to bring in.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Benny was a good soldier, I'll never badmouth him on the way out, just wish him luck.

Ridley possesses another gear of speed and the ability to catch like a wide receiver, if he can learn Law Firm's humbleness and work ethic he'll be successful, and if he doesn't it will due to injury or because he's a fool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Yeah, yeah. yeah... we know geniuses like you know better than the best coach in the game. We should run more even though we run a normal amount for an NFL team. We should keep Benny because he's really good even though BB doesn't think so. Same old stupid stuff from the same old faction of idiots. You know football as well as you know rocket science. He's gone, we will run as much as BB thinks we should. Live with it.

Such juvenile anger! It's funny that you can accuse others of a certain mentallity yet the very mention of something not involving Brady throwing sends you into a temper tantrum worthy of any 2 year old.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

this svcks...he was a perfect BB runningback DO NOT FUMBLE EVER!!  I predict right now if we go with Ridley people will be screaming for his head on a platter after he fumbles for 6th time by week 8

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Here's an answer. We have won 1 SB with an over 40 pass attack and won 2 with an under 40 pass attack. Here's a better question. How many SBs have we won that the D got a stop in the last couple minutes of the game.

Crying about the defense as usual. The safety was the defense's fault. The missed TD pass was too. So were the drops. You're pathetic. Either you suffer from brain injury or you were still in diapers when we won those rings. There was a time when the team had formations that the opponents had to defend from both runa and pass.

Nice job avoiding the question puzzy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

[QUOTE]this svcks...he was a perfect BB runningback DO NOT FUMBLE EVER!!  I predict right now if we go with Ridley people will be screaming for his head on a platter after he fumbles for 6th time by week 8
    Posted by harleyroadking12[/QUOTE]

Not babe. He'll be screaming for Brady to throw 100% of the time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]this svcks...he was a perfect BB runningback DO NOT FUMBLE EVER!!  I predict right now if we go with Ridley people will be screaming for his head on a platter after he fumbles for 6th time by week 8

The fumbles he had late in the season happened because he got absolutely lit up, he doesn't have to learn to hold on as much as he needs to learn when to go down and avoid the hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Fellin' bad coach just let your hero Benny walk to the Bengals for peanuts?

You must be a real fan. Bashing a guy who scored 23 tds in the past 2 seasons on his way out the door.

Well done to you as well Parelli.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Not babe. He'll be screaming for Brady to throw 100% of the time.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]

It is only maddening if you believe he is a Pat's fan, he isn't. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

wozzy lit up or not you can't fumble, every week the DC for the other team will show tape of Ridley and say light him up boys and pop that ball out.
    I bet no DC in the league ever said that about BJGE.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]wozzy lit up or not you can't fumble, every week the DC for the other will show tape of Ridley and say light him up boys and pop that ball out. I bet no DC in the league ever said that about BJGE.

BJGE either went down or applied the hit, he was all instinct and fundamentals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Well this certainly doesn't mesh with your earlier arguments about BB being the world's best GM.  Now he's drafing losers like Maroney, he's overpaying for Mankins, he's been beat out in the contest for Benny by the Bengals, and he's chosen to run the offense with dwarfs! Bwahhhaaahhh . . . you must be babysitting again tonight! The reality is that BB is a great coach, a good GM, and a guy who understands what players can do and what they can't.  He managed Benny right--during the season and afterwards. You and the other critics were wrong. It's obvious now.  Unless of course, you think BB is an idiot.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case:  You frequently call people smarter than yourself idiots. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

Considering you're aligned with Babe Parilli and other moron deluxes here, I'll take anything you say to mean the opposite of moron-speak.

NE may have other plans to upgrade the position. If I am suggesting we bring in a bigger name to force Brady to hand off more, and that's what they end up doing, how am I "wrong"?  I said they should do that if they walk away from a known commodity in BJGE.  I am all for it. Whatever weens Brady off throwing 40+ times and us losing the important games.

You're a liar, a horrendous reader and a very scummy little person to continue on with these littles posts of yours, Mr. Pink Hat.

Also, all GMs make mistakes.  BB just doesn't make horrendous ones like most GMS have.  It's just funny his decision to possibly upgrade the Brady problem and going in a different direction,  leaves your reading comprehension to think that they didn't like BJGE.  lol

There's a difference in that, which most of us intelligent folk here wouldn't expect you to get anyway, professor.   

You just keep rubbing elbows with Babe and the othe inbreds, though. Fits you well.   Next you'll be defending union rep Drew Brees and not connecting to dots as to why his antics on a team with bounties mean nothing with his work for players' rights and the legacy fund.

Dipshitt.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : You must be a real fan. Bashing a guy who scored 23 tds in the past 2 seasons on his way out the door. Well done to you as well Parelli.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I've never bashed Benny. I just haven't overrated him like you have. Real fans don't overrate guys. They put the team first and the guy second. He was a decent RB, sort of, better suited to a backup than a starter. I'm neither sad nor glad to see him go. If what we end up with is better, I'll be overjoyed.

BB has clearly given you his appraisal of Benny. And it's making your whining to use him more look very foolish. But you really do deserve it. LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Good luck to Law Firm.  That being said he was an average, serviceable running back. He had one great year; mostly because of blocking up front by Gronk and Crumpler. He is should be easy to replace. We may already have someone on the roster to fill his shoes.  We probably still need another RB (please not Faulk or some other old and slow RB).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Yeah, right.  BJGE had one good year due to Crumpler (who wasn't on the field much) with Gronk and Hernandez here, and without ol Logie "Roadgrader" Mankins to run behind.  Right, Crumpler and Gronk made BJGE, not the idea that we changed our ideolog midseason last year.

Okie dokie.

BJGE had a great year because BB dealt Brady's binky (Moss), and after Week 4, they committed more to a run base/play action type of a gameplan.  Did anyone watch the difference in the team in 2010 pre and post Moss? I did.

Brady also didn't thrown any INTS after that. Hmmm.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJE Signs with the Bengles : Lol!  And this comes from the guy who wants Brady to fingerbangg him? Brady makes 20 million per year, 3 times the amount he made in 2009 with the same cap number and is WORSE now than he was when he trotted around with 3 rings on his fingers. You just can't stay out of your own way, can you?
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Keep the childish homophobe remarks coming goombah. They are all you have left since BB has crapped on every stupid take you have had over and over and over again.

I'm overrating Brady? The two time MVP, 7 time pro-bowler, first ballot Hall of Famer who was the top rated passer in the AFC last year, passed Marino's record for yards, owns the TD record for a season? That's the guy I'm overrating?

And who have you touted? The worst rated D in Pats' history and the RB BB just booted out of town. LMAO@U again! You are an unending source of hilarity.

You still haven't answered me about who you would rather have than him.

Still laughing how BB constantly takes a dump on every theory you have. It's comical!

Sections
Shortcuts