BJGE A Rarity As A Former Patriot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: BJGE A Rarity As A Former Patriot

In response to 42AND46's comment:

BJGE is workmanlike and tough but Benson is more explosive generally

Benson had a good season in 2009.  Other than that he has been a bust.  The last 3 seasons he hasn't produced and his 2 seasons in Cincy since 2009 he had fumbling issues and a YPC that wasn't any better and sometimes worse than Benny. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Benson had a good season in 2009.  Other than that he has been a bust.  The last 3 seasons he hasn't produced and his 2 seasons in Cincy since 2009 he had fumbling issues and a YPC that wasn't any better and sometimes worse than Benny. 

oh i didnt say he was "better"...in fact i agree he has been hurt or ineffective and for his overall talent he is a disappointment-i would rather have BJGE

just saying that they are different and Benson has more speed and moves and BJGE is more workmanlike and grinder type...just a general impression

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

It's amazing what trolls will do to go such a low level to troll. BJGE is clearly a better RB than Cedric Benson. Leave it to trolls to pretend it's debatable.

oh i didnt say he was "better"...in fact i agree he has been hurt or ineffective and for his overall talent he is a disappointment-i would rather have BJGE

how exactly is this "trolling"?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

BJGE is no Trent richardson that's for sure. If BJGE is average because of his ypc average then that Richardson guy really suks...as does Steven Jackson, Shonn Greene, lesean Mccoy,and oh yeah that arian foster bum.

He has zero big play ability as well, shown by his 7 runs of 20 yards or more...which was 1 more then Ridley had, and more then anybody of the list below...including Ray Rice that bum.

Perspective is needed here.

PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG 20+ TD YDS/G FUM 1DN 11 Ray Rice, RB BAL 257 1,143 4.4 46 5 9 71.4 1 51 12 Matt Forte, RB CHI 248 1,094 4.4 46 6 5 72.9 2 45   BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB CIN 278 1,094 3.9 48 7 6 72.9 3 54 14 Shonn Greene, RB NYJ 276 1,063 3.9 36 2 8 66.4 3 52 15 Steven Jackson, RB STL 257 1,042 4.1 46 5 4 65.1 0 47 16 Ahmad Bradshaw, RB NYG 221 1,015 4.6 37 4 6 72.5 3 56 17 Reggie Bush, RB MIA 227 986 4.3 65 6 6 61.6 4 43 18 Trent Richardson, RB CLE 267 950 3.6 32 2 11 63.3 3 36 19 LeSean McCoy, RB PHI 200 840 4.2 34 7 2 70.0 4 45

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Look here is a list of running backs I would take over BJGE if I was building a team.

Peterson, Morris, Lynch, Charles, Martin, Foster, Ridley, Spiller, Johnson, Gore, Rice, Richardson, McCoy and MJD.  That is 14 right there meaning at best BJGE would be 15th and I may have forgotten a few.  There are 32 teams in the NFL.  If middle of the pack isn't the definition of average I don't know what is.  You can keep going on about stats all you want, but if you really think BJGE is such a great back tell me which guys off this list you would prefer BJGE to.  Put your money where your mouth is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Look here is a list of running backs I would take over BJGE if I was building a team.

Peterson, Morris, Lynch, Charles, Martin, Foster, Ridley, Spiller, Johnson, Gore, Rice, Richardson, McCoy and MJD.  That is 14 right there meaning at best BJGE would be 15th and I may have forgotten a few.  There are 32 teams in the NFL.  If middle of the pack isn't the definition of average I don't know what is.  You can keep going on about stats all you want, but if you really think BJGE is such a great back tell me which guys off this list you would prefer BJGE to.  Put your money where your mouth is.

This list is guys that are better than Benny, or guys you would rather have? I think at this stage of their careers, I also prefer Vereen over Benny...big play potential, catching the ball, speed....contract friendly...big upside. I would think we have seen the best we are goin to see from Benny...which I agree is pretty much league average

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I love how the mods protect the trolls but censore my comments which didn't violate any rules. "

As an experienced moderator I cannot endorse the current practices, it's a bizarrely invented subjective practice with no rhyme or reason, and one that has no precedence online, and as much as I enjoy the forums this current approach is a fail. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In the last 8 games Benny averaged 4.3 ypc with zero fumbles...would have been 4.7 if not for the steelers wall in week 17 where he ran 13 times for 14 yards but whatever. he had 5 100 yard games in his last 8.

Ridley in his last 8 games averaged 3.9 ypc with 2 fumbles andZERO 100 yard games. I like Ridley but my point is anybody here who tried to say we couldn't have used Benny more then we did in our post season losses with our 1 dimensional Bill Obrien game plan is dead wrong. Last year was proof.

I applaud McD for instilling some diversity in the offense despite its terrible showing at home in the afc game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree with this list besides MJD, but I do not think BJGE is a great back. I think he is a good back, and certainly good enough to have been used as a bit of a work horse in the last SB and playoff loss to the Jets. We just didn't do it because we were infatuated with the pass for a good 5 years...to our detriment.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I agree with this list besides MJD

Wouldn't that make him average then?  Isn't that the whole argument?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

As for BJGE I realize you have a vested interest in propping him up to support your argument that we should have run a mediocre running back in the Super Bowl but you can't win that argument, it's an eternal stalemate. 

I agree we should have run more if we had a back the defense feared but no one fears BJGE, sorry. 

Seems its time to move on from this eternal argument that can never be resolved, but if you're going to dwell on it, posting an artlce about what a great leader and locker room guy BJGE is won't get it done. 

I think you can make the argument that BJGE is a very good goal line back but aside from that he's run of the mill in terms of on-field performance. 

As far as Pats who have played well after leaving New England Adam V tops the list, maybe Seymour deserves consideration there, to some extent Asante Samuel though he may be overpaid he has still played well. 

However I believe the only departed player whose loss cost us a Super Bowl is Deion Branch. Not that he played well in Seattle, he didn't really, but he was the key piece we needed that season. (And recall that if we had advanced to the Super Bowl we would have played the lowly Rex Grossman Bears, and Peyton would still have no rings. Grrr!) 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I applaud McD for instilling some diversity in the offense despite its terrible showing at home in the afc game.

Wasn't this supposed to make our offense better in the playoffs?  Running is not a panacea when you get dominated at the LoS which is exactly what a lot of people have been saying and it exactly what we saw in that game.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Spiller is not an everydown back, was a 1st rd pick and really only a complementary scatback. Borderline bust. All that money and for what?

Your listing all high 1st rd picks, too (minus guys like Rice, etc). Huge money invested in those RBs on LOSER franchises. Not a coincidence.

MJD has had the best career so far out of all of them with literally no help whatsoever.

I suggested a Welker/Woodhead deal for MJD here on this board 2 years ago to get Brady back under Center more, but BB went Ridley and Vereeen in the draft.

You can't apply your argument as well because BJGE is UDFA with loads of experience at really cheap money.

Like, Minny will never, ever contend for a SB. They may be paying Peterson 15 mil per as he runs for 1500 yards blindfolded and is ALl Pro, but they ain't competing for a SB with that allocation formula.

Whoa.  Back up a second Rusty.  I am not saying I think all of the guys I listed were worth what they are getting paid, just that I think they are better players than BJGE which is why I think he is average.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts