1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: BJGE A Rarity As A Former Patriot

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I love how the mods protect the trolls but censore my comments which didn't violate any rules. 

Your mere existence violates the rules.

You been consoling Brady for losing his binky? Aww, isn't that nice, Babie.

Zip it dikwad. My only question these days is whether you or the mods are more anal. Tossup.

In before this exhange gets removed by the mods.  LMAO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

So once again (with hopes even rusty gets it). Benny is a nice guy, try hard, doesn't fumble...good story, but not enough of a reason to take the ball out of Tom's hands:(

Average...nothing more...nothing less.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Spiller is not an everydown back, was a 1st rd pick and really only a complementary scatback. Borderline bust. All that money and for what?

Your listing all high 1st rd picks, too (minus guys like Rice, etc). Huge money invested in those RBs on LOSER franchises. Not a coincidence.

MJD has had the best career so far out of all of them with literally no help whatsoever.

I suggested a Welker/Woodhead deal for MJD here on this board 2 years ago to get Brady back under Center more, but BB went Ridley and Vereeen in the draft.

You can't apply your argument as well because BJGE is UDFA with loads of experience at really cheap money.

Like, Minny will never, ever contend for a SB. They may be paying Peterson 15 mil per as he runs for 1500 yards blindfolded and is ALl Pro, but they ain't competing for a SB with that allocation formula.

Whoa.  Back up a second Rusty.  I am not saying I think all of the guys I listed were worth what they are getting paid, just that I think they are better players than BJGE which is why I think he is average.

True, except look at the QBs those RBs are playing with. Only Flacco and Rice could be considered on par with Brady and his RB or RBs.

And even still Flacco isn't Brady.

Again, you have to look at the context. BJGE is above average. It's sort of a slap in the face to BJGE when he produced similar numbers here with Brady and similar numbers in Cincy with Andy Dalton, when the claim was always "Brady and the weapons here make BJGE better than he really is"...Not saying you said that, but that waas the Babe and Pezzy rhetoric as to why Brady couldn't be under center or hand it if off to him more than freaking times in a SB with a 17-12 or 17-15 lead.

He's above average. An average RB is Shon Greene who gets 800 yards and doesn't do anything well consistently.

Some teams might value his ball security, consistency and production.

He's an an overachiever and an above average back. The backs you listed are elite backs.

Don't you think that having guys like aj green, greshiem and sanu don't help Benny some spreading the field?  Having the dbacks chasing these guys down has to soften the run d.  Benny god bless him is an average back.  Benny breaks about as many a year as Welker does.  Hardly any. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Benny is tied for 10th in the NFL for runs of 20+ yards which is better than LeSean McCoy, Reggie Bush, Stevan Ridley, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Michael Turner and more.  He's tied for 6th best in the NFL for runs of 40+ yards...

The notion that Benny is an average runner or not very good are bogus, he's not a very good receiver but is a hell of a workhorse back who is good for the same reason a lot of the great backs were; he's smart, follows his blockers, makes the most out of nothing, always falls forward. 

People here knock Benny because he's no longer a Patriot or are still hanging on to old beefs about the need for a running game.  BB and McDaniel's have given us the answer to the running attack and it's importance, now we need to beef up this D and we'll be tougher on both sides of the ball with a year of tough running under our belts and better, healthier tightends.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

he is what he has always been... a short yardage complimentary back. he isn't a #1 go-to running back. with great blocking and defenses not giving him any respect he picked up a couple big runs last season. 

"Of course every running back can't be Adrian Peterson, and the league is still stocked with players that rely on their blocking to generate the majority of their yardage. The good news this season is that there is nobody that posted an ER in the single-digits. Thomas Jones is also no longer in the league - those two statements may or may not be related.

The bottom five players feature three runners who seem exactly where they should be, in the shape of Shonn Greene, Benjarvus Green-Ellis and Mikel Leshoure. None of those three have impressed much as a runner and are rarely a threat to make people miss. The trio combined for 59 total missed tackles forced, which is the same number as Trent Richardsonmanaged all by himself, and they did so despite averaging 281 touches."

-ProFootballFocus

Two years ago there were 48 runners who had a better average per carry (this is NOT me being sarcastic)...I'm serious. The guy is average..nothing more..nothing less.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Shonn Greene is actually a great comparison to BGE. both are average.

Basically. Benny has better ball security. No idea how they compare in blitz pickup although based on the offenses they played in I would guess he is superior in that regard as well. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Basically. Benny has better ball security. No idea how they compare in blitz pickup although based on the offenses they played in I would guess he is superior in that regard as well. 

Except that Benny had 5 100 yard games the last half of the season, and was a major factor in literally carrying his team to the playoffs, and has just under 30 tds in his last 3 seasons, and has fumbled 3 times in 4 years.

Average? No. Great? No. Good? Without doubt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Except that Benny had 5 100 yard games the last half of the season, and was a major factor in literally carrying his team to the playoffs, and has just under 30 tds in his last 3 seasons, and has fumbled 3 times in 4 years.

Average? No. Great? No. Good? Without doubt.

Champ you basically agreed with the list of RBs I said were better than Benny meaning at best he ranks middle of the pack. How is that not average?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Benny is tied for 10th in the NFL for runs of 20+ yards which is better than LeSean McCoy, Reggie Bush, Stevan Ridley, Matt Forte, Ray Rice, Michael Turner and more.  He's tied for 6th best in the NFL for runs of 40+ yards...

The notion that Benny is an average runner or not very good are bogus, he's not a very good receiver but is a hell of a workhorse back who is good for the same reason a lot of the great backs were; he's smart, follows his blockers, makes the most out of nothing, always falls forward. 

People here knock Benny because he's no longer a Patriot or are still hanging on to old beefs about the need for a running game.  BB and McDaniel's have given us the answer to the running attack and it's importance, now we need to beef up this D and we'll be tougher on both sides of the ball with a year of tough running under our belts and better, healthier tightends.

grinder, workhorse, average

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

He's on the plus side of average.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

He's on the plus side of average.

"the plus side of average"

Dig i think u have invented a new phrase!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So if we're only going to cherry pick 2011 when he was hurt and averaged 3.7 yards with turf toe then I'll have to counter with 2010 when he averaged 4.4 yards a carry.  Arguing whether Green Ellis is "average" or "good" is ridiculous.  If you've been ranked in the top twenty in rush attempts in the NFL (15th) and averaged 4.4 yards a carry then you're one of a few guys on the planet that can do that particular job.  It's a tough, punishing job, there's no reason to knock the guy especially when he was always a good soldier. 

Most of us here defending Ellis don't think he's that spectacular, in fact some of us told you his weaknesses before he was shipped out, mainly that he can't catch and THAT is his major weakness.  Splitting him wide was playing possum because he was never really a threat out there, that's the biggest difference between him and our current backs. 

It doesn't change the fact that when he was here he ran for positive yardage, that our offense was "finesse" under O'Brien and needed a heavy dose of running toughness which was evident to many of us then and proven correct under McDaniel's with the addition of bruising tight ends and fullbacks.  Knocking Green Ellis doesn't make this any less true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

If he continues at his 4 YPC career average, unlikely on the Bengals, but if he does and stays healthy for his entire career he'll have the same career average as Curtis Martin, another grinder workhorse.  Also a Hall Of Famer...  sometimes consistent for a long time works, there's something to be said for persistence.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

If he continues at his 4 YPC career average, unlikely on the Bengals, but if he does and stays healthy for his entire career he'll have the same career average as Curtis Martin, another grinder workhorse.  Also a Hall Of Famer...  sometimes consistent for a long time works, there's something to be said for persistence.

he is NOT Curtis Martin-no way

come on Wozz would you be making this much of a fuss if he wasn't a Patriot?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

he is NOT Curtis Martin-no way

come on Wozz would you be making this much of a fuss if he wasn't a Patriot?

Curtis Martin was a Patriot.

Do I think he's as good as Martin, no, he can't catch, I stated that above. A better comparison would be Terry Allen who was a very solid player for a long time who was a crafty runner who couldn't catch, he was still a good pro who came back from knee injury year after year.  I'm not going to be a chicken hawk who calls him "below average" because any NFL career is better than I had, and anything 4 yards a carry or better is pretty good.  The best runner ever, Barry Sanders, only averaged 5 yards a carry, lets get real.