BJGE A Rarity As A Former Patriot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: BJGE A Rarity As A Former Patriot

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

So if we're only going to cherry pick 2011 when he was hurt and averaged 3.7 yards with turf toe then I'll have to counter with 2010 when he averaged 4.4 yards a carry.  Arguing whether Green Ellis is "average" or "good" is ridiculous.  If you've been ranked in the top twenty in rush attempts in the NFL (15th) and averaged 4.4 yards a carry then you're one of a few guys on the planet that can do that particular job.  It's a tough, punishing job, there's no reason to knock the guy especially when he was always a good soldier. 

Most of us here defending Ellis don't think he's that spectacular, in fact some of us told you his weaknesses before he was shipped out, mainly that he can't catch and THAT is his major weakness.  Splitting him wide was playing possum because he was never really a threat out there, that's the biggest difference between him and our current backs. 

It doesn't change the fact that when he was here he ran for positive yardage, that our offense was "finesse" under O'Brien and needed a heavy dose of running toughness which was evident to many of us then and proven correct under McDaniel's with the addition of bruising tight ends and fullbacks.  Knocking Green Ellis doesn't make this any less true.

Dude, this all ties into how Brady and Welker, amongst others on offense didn't really perform well enough to get a ring in SB 46.

The gameplan was to yet again passs, pass and do more passing, even with a lead. He's a scapegoat from the BBWs.

Their premise is, BJGE wasn't good enough to be in Brady's presence as a lead RB in that game, so he is the reason Brady had "one hand tied behind his back". Meanwhile, Eli knew he had to lean on his run game (wisely so) to even sniff a chance.

They scapegoat the younger players who aren't paid multi millions per year who actually were better performers.

BJGE had 8 rushes at halftime of the 2011 AFC title game wfor 50 yards and then was bunched because the game was close and goofy O'Brien and Brady decided the best way to score quicker was in the shotgun spread and with Woodhead.

FAIL

Ignore the ones who bash the consistent and steady performers who barely see field time and don't choke.

u tried running BJGE and it didn't work that i saw-one burst for about 18 yds in the first minute and then not much, not even short yardage when needed for first downs

if u ran BJGE (and anyone else more) and didnt have Brady do what he did game isn't close because you wouldn't have even scored 17...trust me giants fans players and coaches were real concerned with brady and welker -they didn't really care about BJGE or even Woodhead and would have been quite happy if brady handed off more

and this is NOT a putdown of benny it is praise of brady and company

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Belichick stated it pretty simply in the off season, we couldn't run or pass effectively in the playoffs, our offense lacked toughness.  Jints I would remind you that the Giant's weren't running effectively either but they stuck with it (ten more carries), converted more first downs and wound up with the ball last.  Both Coughlin and BB were pupils of the same ball control offense, the Giant's personnel was better suited to run that style and your offensive coordinator stuck to his guns.  This is why the Pat's offense has beefed up with tightends and fullbacks since that game... thanks for Ballard btw.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Belichick stated it pretty simply in the off season, we couldn't run or pass effectively in the playoffs, our offense lacked toughness.  Jints I would remind you that the Giant's weren't running effectively either but they stuck with it (ten more carries), converted more first downs and wound up with the ball last.  Both Coughlin and BB were pupils of the same ball control offense, the Giant's personnel was better suited to run that style and your offensive coordinator stuck to his guns.  This is why the Pat's offense has beefed up with tightends and fullbacks since that game... thanks for Ballard btw.

well not doing something because of philosphy/game plan is different than not doing b/c it is ineffective or, as you said, ur personnel is not made for it...if the latter is the case then that is on BB the GM but how can u ask him to "stick to his guns' when it wasn't working? especially after the 16-16 96 yd drive to start the 2nd half why run ineffectively?

btw i would not classify the giants offense as "ball control" at all

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

So if we're only going to cherry pick 2011 when he was hurt and averaged 3.7 yards with turf toe then I'll have to counter with 2010 when he averaged 4.4 yards a carry.  Arguing whether Green Ellis is "average" or "good" is ridiculous.  If you've been ranked in the top twenty in rush attempts in the NFL (15th) and averaged 4.4 yards a carry then you're one of a few guys on the planet that can do that particular job.  It's a tough, punishing job, there's no reason to knock the guy especially when he was always a good soldier. 

Most of us here defending Ellis don't think he's that spectacular, in fact some of us told you his weaknesses before he was shipped out, mainly that he can't catch and THAT is his major weakness.  Splitting him wide was playing possum because he was never really a threat out there, that's the biggest difference between him and our current backs. 

It doesn't change the fact that when he was here he ran for positive yardage, that our offense was "finesse" under O'Brien and needed a heavy dose of running toughness which was evident to many of us then and proven correct under McDaniel's with the addition of bruising tight ends and fullbacks.  Knocking Green Ellis doesn't make this any less true.

Dude, this all ties into how Brady and Welker, amongst others on offense didn't really perform well enough to get a ring in SB 46.

The gameplan was to yet again passs, pass and do more passing, even with a lead. He's a scapegoat from the BBWs.

Their premise is, BJGE wasn't good enough to be in Brady's presence as a lead RB in that game, so he is the reason Brady had "one hand tied behind his back". Meanwhile, Eli knew he had to lean on his run game (wisely so) to even sniff a chance.

They scapegoat the younger players who aren't paid multi millions per year who actually were better performers.

BJGE had 8 rushes at halftime of the 2011 AFC title game wfor 50 yards and then was bunched because the game was close and goofy O'Brien and Brady decided the best way to score quicker was in the shotgun spread and with Woodhead.

FAIL

Ignore the ones who bash the consistent and steady performers who barely see field time and don't choke.

u tried running BJGE and it didn't work that i saw-one burst for about 18 yds in the first minute and then not much, not even short yardage when needed for first downs

if u ran BJGE (and anyone else more) and didnt have Brady do what he did game isn't close because you wouldn't have even scored 17...trust me giants fans players and coaches were real concerned with brady and welker -they didn't really care about BJGE or even Woodhead and would have been quite happy if brady handed off more

It's because he was subbed in and out, which is the problem.  When he was subbed in, everyone knew it was a run.

Please learn to understand, conceptually, why any RB in that situation wouldn't be great. It's called subbing too much and it being too predictable.

For example, the Giants would run playaction with Jacobs.  I like your way better. They didn't sub the skill set, they just ran their plays and establised a run game in the first half. We sub the skill set for the play we want. It was better this year, but it still shows up. 

Face it, NE dominated the 3rd qtr and then disappeared on offense in the 4th, starting with the worst INT of Brady's career, without question.

Close game, SB, 1st down and you unload a duck to a one legged TE? Why?

I've been on to this since early 2011 and unless our offense genuinely gets the problems and commits to a change completely, we aren't improving from the problem.

RIdding the team of Welker, who is better in the shotgun and an extension of the run game, is a MAJOR 1st step.

NE's offense will be more balanced and therefore BETTER in 2013 than it was in 2011 or even 2012. You'll see. Mark my words.

oh i understand it perfectly fine mr condescending-and it doesn't change what my eyes saw on the field one bit

bjge is what he was/is and it's got little to do with substitution: an average rb who has a moment now and then-runs hard, grinds, average

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

FAIL

It's because he was subbed in and out, which is the problem.  When he was subbed in, everyone knew it was a run.

Please learn to understand, conceptually, why any RB in that situation wouldn't be great. It's called subbing too much and it being too predictable.

For example, the Giants would run playaction with Jacobs.  I like your way better. They didn't sub the skill set, they just ran their plays and establised a run game in the first half. We sub the skill set for the play we want. It was better this year, but it still shows up. 

Face it, NE dominated the 3rd qtr and then disappeared on offense in the 4th, starting with the worst INT of Brady's career, without question.

Close game, SB, 1st down and you unload a duck to a one legged TE? Why?

I've been on to this since early 2011 and unless our offense genuinely gets the problems and commits to a change completely, we aren't improving from the problem.

RIdding the team of Welker, who is better in the shotgun and an extension of the run game, is a MAJOR 1st step.

NE's offense will be more balanced and therefore BETTER in 2013 than it was in 2011 or even 2012. You'll see. Mark my words.

So, are you trying to say that if the patsies have more run/pass balance but score fewer points, which is ALWAYS the case and they run fewer plays and have a smaller TOP, that means they would be better?  

No. In fact, no one has a clue what you just said.  But, the board realizes you're as dumb as a bag of rocks, as well as being jealous. lol

Well, I can explain it to you, but I can't comprehend it for you.  After all, you are an idiot.  Let me start by posting what you posted and we'll go from there. 

"NE's offense will be more balanced and therefore BETTER in 2013 than it was in 2011 or even 2012"

Now, I'll ask the same question again, but more slowly for your tiny brain.

A r e   y o u  c l a i m i n g   t h a t  m o r e  b a l a n c e  =   b e t t e r ?

M  o  r e   P o i n t s ?

G r e a t e r  T O P ?

Yes. Anyone with a 4th grade education realizes a more balanced offense equates to better.

The fact you need clarification on these things is disturbing, Phatty Virgin.

"a more balanced offense equates to better"

Hey Queenie, remeber that time you claimed that KC had a better offense than the patsies?   After all, they were among the most balanced teams in the NFL, who cares that they only scored 13.2 ppg.  At least the worse QB in the NFL had them 'balanced'.

Nope. Don't remember it because I never would have said it. Enjoy your mental illness.

You said "a more balanced offense equates to better".  KC and a number of other teams were more balanced.  It's just that easy.  You claimed that KC's offense was better than the patsies.

No, they weren't. Post facts with points scored and precentages (run or pass) tied to those points or enjoy the idea Shonn Greene is an overpaid bust down in Tennessee while BJGE is paid accurately on a better team.

LOL!

Cannot be made up.

how is Wes Welker paid?  :  )

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Apparently the conclusion we're supposed to draw from this thread is that BJGE is one of the best backs in the NFL, but Bill Belichick was one smart cookie to get rid of him because his $3 million dollar annual salary and cap hit was way too much.  Okey dokey . . . 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

lol terry allen made a pro bowl and rushed for 21 TD's in a single season. BGE wishes he was as good as terry allen.

Can we stop LOL'ing and pretending that brings some validity to an argument?

Terry Allen averaged 3.9 YPC that season, staggering!

Terry Allen; same size and weight as Benny, wasn't much of a receiver but was a crafty runner who made the most of his opportunities and is a good comparison.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.