BJGE A Rarity As A Former Patriot

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: BJGE A Rarity As A Former Patriot

In response to 42AND46's comment:

well not doing something because of philosphy/game plan is different than not doing b/c it is ineffective or, as you said, ur personnel is not made for it...if the latter is the case then that is on BB the GM but how can u ask him to "stick to his guns' when it wasn't working? especially after the 16-16 96 yd drive to start the 2nd half why run ineffectively?

btw i would not classify the giants offense as "ball control" at all

The Patriot's were running more effectively than the Giants in that game, neither team was running very well, they just stopped running where the Giant's continued. The Giant's used the run game to create more manageable first downs,control the clock and create parity with their play calling.

The Pat's gave up on their run game and relied on Brady too much, it was lazy offensive coordinating, I don't have to apologize for Belichick now, I've been critical of Bill O'Brien's play calling for the past three years, it's not news around here. 

You may not classify the Giants offense as a "ball control" team but to deny the family tree of coaching, the offensive system itself or how much their offense has leaned on the run game during their championship runs maybe it's because you're entirely too focused on the Patriots or you would know the Giant's led the entire NFL in post season rushing attempts over the next team (Patriots) by 32 attempts in 2009... but you didn't know that.

I wonder if you watched those 80's Giant's teams where Belichick and Coughlin cut their teeth, sometimes I wonder if you know football at all.  Maybe you should focus on your own team or watch some old games on the NFL network and do your homework?

A team with balance is a better team, you all may want to disagree with Rusty at every turn because he's annoying, but in this case he is correct.  One dimensional is never better.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey King Annoying!How are ya!?

I see somebody else is calling you out as Most Annoying.Do you remember Gilligans Island? You remind me of Thurston Howell the Third with your writing style.I always got a kick out of old Thurston.

He was good for short and infrequent spots ...after that he became annoying...like you...Thurston.

You will now be addressed as King Thurston!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Apparently the conclusion we're supposed to draw from this thread is that BJGE is one of the best backs in the NFL, but Bill Belichick was one smart cookie to get rid of him because his $3 million dollar annual salary and cap hit was way too much.  Okey dokey . . . 

Umm, no.  BB doesn't get into bidding wars with FA RBs. Or WRs. Never has, never will. CBs, same thing. Those are the sexy positions in the formula.

Please read Pats Management Secrets Vol 1 and 2. They're great reads and you might learn something, Prolate.

It's ok to learn something. Believe it or not, you don't know everything.

Ah Rusty, you're cracking me up today.  I totally forgot. Omniscience is reserved for God . . . and you!

Funny, isn't it, how BB didn't even bother to make an offer to BJGE despite his prodigious talents? Guess the threat of a big bidding war scared him off.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

well not doing something because of philosphy/game plan is different than not doing b/c it is ineffective or, as you said, ur personnel is not made for it...if the latter is the case then that is on BB the GM but how can u ask him to "stick to his guns' when it wasn't working? especially after the 16-16 96 yd drive to start the 2nd half why run ineffectively?

btw i would not classify the giants offense as "ball control" at all

The Patriot's were running more effectively than the Giants in that game, neither team was running very well, they just stopped running where the Giant's continued. The Giant's used the run game to create more manageable first downs,control the clock and create parity with their play calling.

The Pat's gave up on their run game and relied on Brady too much, it was lazy offensive coordinating, I don't have to apologize for Belichick now, I've been critical of Bill O'Brien's play calling for the past three years, it's not news around here. 

You may not classify the Giants offense as a "ball control" team but to deny the family tree of coaching, the offensive system itself or how much their offense has leaned on the run game during their championship runs maybe it's because you're entirely too focused on the Patriots or you would know the Giant's led the entire NFL in post season rushing attempts over the next team (Patriots) by 32 attempts in 2009... but you didn't know that.

I wonder if you watched those 80's Giant's teams where Belichick and Coughlin cut their teeth, sometimes I wonder if you know football at all.  Maybe you should focus on your own team or watch some old games on the NFL network and do your homework?

A team with balance is a better team, you all may want to disagree with Rusty at every turn because he's annoying, but in this case he is correct.  One dimensional is never better.

well wozz first off i thought u were talking about sb46 not the entire history of the giants!

i said the giants are not a ball control offense now nor have they been for a while; they are a positive aerial circus compared to earlier giants teams-what this has to do with the 80's giants or the "tree" of giants coaches i am not sure

yes i know the giants ran a lot in that last sb run-so? i can tell you it was effective against the falcons, not so against the 49ers and effective only late after they had a lead against the packers...in the sb it was average and on the game winning drive it was non-existent b/c it wasn't needed...this isn't a philosophy it is using it when it works

i never said teams didn't need balance in their Offense or that being one-dimensional is good wozz - this thread is about BJGE and then there is rusty's "brady is the problem" agenda which is so wrong and amusing on so many levels that i react accordingly-but u will have to show me where i said teams shouldn't run or that balance is a bad thing

and while i can appreciate ur point about the earhardt system and the ball control concept the 80's was an entirely different era from today as the 80's was from the 50's and the idea that u can employ the same system they same way is ludicrous...coughlin and bellichick may have learned then but they coach now...shall we bring back the flying wedge and the I formation and the split end because they were working in the 50's or 70's?

u know woz even though u usually condescend a bit and throw in an unecessary personal attack now and then i still like bantering with u because u know ur stuff

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Apparently the conclusion we're supposed to draw from this thread is that BJGE is one of the best backs in the NFL, but Bill Belichick was one smart cookie to get rid of him because his $3 million dollar annual salary and cap hit was way too much.  Okey dokey . . . 

Umm, no.  BB doesn't get into bidding wars with FA RBs. Or WRs. Never has, never will. CBs, same thing. Those are the sexy positions in the formula.

Please read Pats Management Secrets Vol 1 and 2. They're great reads and you might learn something, Prolate.

It's ok to learn something. Believe it or not, you don't know everything.

Ah Rusty, you're cracking me up today.  I totally forgot. Omniscience is reserved for God . . . and you!

Funny, isn't it, how BB didn't even bother to make an offer to BJGE despite his prodigious talents? Guess the threat of a big bidding war scared him off.  

Well, Pro, I bet you Law Firm would not have fumbled on Pollard's hit as Ridley did at key sport in the AFC Championship game - Coach Harbaugh indicated after game that it was the turning point in the game.  Chew on that for a bit - food for thought!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Shonn Greene is actually a great comparison to BGE. both are average.

Basically. Benny has better ball security. No idea how they compare in blitz pickup although based on the offenses they played in I would guess he is superior in that regard as well. 

Except that Benny had 5 100 yard games the last half of the season, and was a major factor in literally carrying his team to the playoffs, and has just under 30 tds in his last 3 seasons, and has fumbled 3 times in 4 years.

Average? No. Great? No. Good? Without doubt.

Champ you basically agreed with the list of RBs I said were better than Benny meaning at best he ranks middle of the pack. How is that not average?

Categorize him how you will. My entire point about Benny is not that he was a world beater, or he sucked, but that BB chose him as his lead back for 2 years. Unfortunately we didn't use the run game or power run game enough during the Bill Obrien era. We were 1 dimensional.

Some here say it was because benny wasn't very good. I say he was good enough to keep the D honest, but when the big games came so did our offensive variance in play calling. It was Benny up the gut for a few yards and pass pass. The entire football world knows our offense has been stale for years in the post season.

If Benny was our power back who was averaging over 4 ypc in these big playoff games(and he was) then we should have rode him and opened up the offense. Perhaps Brady wouldn't have as many INT's or sack fumbles/safety's if the other defense didn't know exactly what to expect.

3-1 pass to run ratio in 3 losses in a row against the Giants...2 of them being SB's. Benny had 1,700 yards with 24 tds and zero fumbles while splitting time with another undrafted FA RB. Thats 40% of the carries!! those numbers are way better then average in my opinion.

And if 12th in rushing in a LG with 40-50 Rb's getting significant touches is average then what are the 11 guys ahead of him? Slightly above average?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Basically. Benny has better ball security. No idea how they compare in blitz pickup although based on the offenses they played in I would guess he is superior in that regard as well. 

Except that Benny had 5 100 yard games the last half of the season, and was a major factor in literally carrying his team to the playoffs, and has just under 30 tds in his last 3 seasons, and has fumbled 3 times in 4 years.

Champ you basically agreed with the list of RBs I said were better than Benny meaning at best he ranks middle of the pack. How is that not average?

Categorize him how you will. My entire point about Benny is not that he was a world beater, or he sucked, but that BB chose him as his lead back for 2 years. Unfortunately we didn't use the run game or power run game enough during the Bill Obrien era. We were 1 dimensional.

Some here say it was because benny wasn't very good. I say he was good enough to keep the D honest, but when the big games came so did our offensive variance in play calling. It was Benny up the gut for a few yards and pass pass. The entire football world knows our offense has been stale for years in the post season.

If Benny was our power back who was averaging over 4 ypc in these big playoff games(and he was) then we should have rode him and opened up the offense. Perhaps Brady wouldn't have as many INT's or sack fumbles/safety's if the other defense didn't know exactly what to expect.

3-1 pass to run ratio in 3 losses in a row against the Giants...2 of them being SB's. Benny had 1,700 yards with 24 tds and zero fumbles while splitting time with another undrafted FA RB. Thats 40% of the carries!! those numbers are way better then average in my opinion.

And if 12th in rushing in a LG with 40-50 Rb's getting significant touches is average then what are the 11 guys ahead of him? Slightly above average?

FACT: NE never lost a game with BJGE used as a lead RB for this team in 2009, 2010 or 2011.

Meanwhile, our Washers want to pine for 40+ passes in a shotgun, a crappy 2nd half offense, Brady's 2 INTs, a blown lead and a loss.

lol

how come u put down a previous poster for using "lol" then u use it every post?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

FACT: NE never lost a game with BJGE used as a lead RB for this team in 2009, 2010 or 2011.

Meanwhile, our Washers want to pine for 40+ passes in a shotgun, a crappy 2nd half offense, Brady's 2 INTs, a blown lead and a loss.

lol

how come u put down a previous poster for using "lol" then u use it every post?

Because I am trying to keep up with the kiddies who use it.  Is "Lmao" better for you, Mr. Sensitive?

oh ok...lemme think now how i will try and keep up with you 30-somethings with "vast cultural experience"-hmmmm

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

lol

Fact:  BJGE was the lead back in SB 46 and they LOST! 

Don't even bother lying, as usual, and say he wasn't.  He was!

His below average performance in the game contributed to that and  him sitting.  His negative ( 4 for losses) & 2 yrd runs set up too many 2nd and 3rd and longs.  Those usually take throws to get out of.  Learn the game.

Take out his 1, 17 yard run and the other 9 runs averaged 2.6 ypc.  He was not moving the chains.  Woody was much more productive  in moving the chains and freaken Welker had 2 runs for 21 yards which was more than half of BJGE's yardage for 10 runs.

The offensive line play was also dismal.  The NYG defensive front won the battle, handing the NE offensive line -0.24 WPA and -0.4 EPA.  In case you don't know, negatives are very, very bad!

Well, at least he could punch it in from the 1 yrd line, unlike Ridley.  Gotta give him that..

Funny how both TD's were by the backs but they weren't used enough.

Guess the receivers were too busy dropping 8 balls.  Were they playing pool?

Also more possessions would have led to more runs and we all know who was responsible for that.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

lol

His below average performance in the game contributed to that and  him sitting.  His negative ( 4 for losses) & 2 yrd runs set up too many 2nd and 3rd and longs.  Those usually take throws to get out of.  Learn the game.

Take out his 1, 17 yard run and the other 9 runs averaged 2.6 ypc.  He was not moving the chains.  Woody was much more productive  in moving the chains and freaken Welker had 2 runs for 21 yards which was more than half of BJGE's yardage for 10 runs.

The offensive line play was also dismal.  The NYG defensive front won the battle, handing the NE offensive line -0.24 WPA and -0.4 EPA.  In case you don't know, negatives are very, very bad!

Well, at least he could punch it in from the 1 yrd line, unlike Ridley.  Gotta give him that..

Also more possessions would have led to more runs and we all know who was responsible for that.

BJGE was absolutely not the lead back in SB 46. If you split carries with the other RB, you aren't a lead back, Corky. He had 9 carries with a lead. That's awful.

Learn the game.  

Not even Brady can do it on his own. Gomer knew it in SB 41 and handed it off to Rhodes and Addai for the win. Brady didn't. He wanted to make it about throwing 45 times in 2 SBs.

FAIL

even u have to admit 2.6 ypc is not gonna cut it

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

lol

BJGE was absolutely not the lead back in SB 46. If you split carries with the other RB, you aren't a lead back, Corky. He had 9 carries with a lead. That's awful.

Learn the game.  

Not even Brady can do it on his own. Gomer knew it in SB 41 and handed it off to Rhodes and Addai for the win. Brady didn't. He wanted to make it about throwing 45 times in 2 SBs.

FAIL

I am pretty sure subbing any RB in and out for 9 carries doesn't cut it.  Get to a math class. No one claimed BJGE is Marshall Faulk.

why would subbing necessarily lead to 2.6 ypc genius? maybe just not being very good or  being ineffective is the real reason?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

lol

Learn the game.  

FAIL

I am pretty sure subbing any RB in and out for 9 carries doesn't cut it.  Get to a math class. No one claimed BJGE is Marshall Faulk.

why would subbing necessarily lead to 2.6 ypc genius? maybe just not being very good or  being ineffective is the real reason?

No. I am not going to tell you again what the reason is, dummy. I told you why it was literally 48 hours ago and you still don't get it.

Your own QB was AWFUL without Jacobs or Bradshaw for most of 2011 yet our QB choose not to use a true lead back or want to run it and you're on here trolling 2 years later knowing Brady's choice at QB sealed another gift SB for the Giants?

I've never seen a fan who should be so blessed on luck and gifts so arrogant in my life. Unbelievable.

queenie ur hopeless and even i have lost count how many times u have contradicted yourself-must be in the hundreds...nice non-answer tho

u calling someone-anyone-arrogant is beyond words

whats really unbelievable is how bellichick just can't beat coughlin! guess coughlin learned parcells lessons a little better huh?  :  )

moving along.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

lol

Learn the game.  

FAIL

No. I am not going to tell you again what the reason is, dummy. I told you why it was literally 48 hours ago and you still don't get it.

Your own QB was AWFUL without Jacobs or Bradshaw for most of 2011 yet our QB choose not to use a true lead back or want to run it and you're on here trolling 2 years later knowing Brady's choice at QB sealed another gift SB for the Giants?

I've never seen a fan who should be so blessed on luck and gifts so arrogant in my life. Unbelievable.

queenie ur hopeless and even i have lost count how many times u have contradicted yourself-must be in the hundreds...nice non-answer tho

u calling someone-anyone-arrogant is beyond words

whats really unbelievable is how bellichick just can't beat coughlin! guess coughlin learned parcells lessons a little better huh?  :  )

moving along.

No. Coughlin benefits from the refs on a miracle catch and holding on the play which no one can explain and Brady underperforming.

He lost badly in many other games against BB, mainly the AFC title game I saw live in 1996. That was funny.

Wake all of us when either Parcells or Coughlin forms a dynasty in the cap era. Coughlin is the luckiest coach anyone has ever seen in the cap era. Mike Tomlin and Dungy kick up the rear.

Neither of them (including Coughlin) are HOF coaches.

Enjoy!

the cap...the cap....the cap (remember records skipping?)

coughlin and dungy are in canton, tomlin got work to do

wake me when brady leaves and the afc east doesn't suck royally-in the cap era...the cap...the cap...the cap

parcells? only taught bellichick how to be a hc and him and young only taught bellichick how to draft but hey who's keeping track?

enjoy!

Sections
Shortcuts