BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left:
    Rusty alwasy says the same crap but loves Belichick and never blames him. It's like he pretends Brady tells Belichick and the OC what personel to put on the field. They go shotgun empty set because it is called. You can't run the ball if they call a formation that might not even have a RB on the field. That's Brady's fault of course. Brady tells them to put Woodhead on the field and tells them Law firm shouldn't be the lead back. All Brady. All the time. It's too bad the coaching staff don't have the balls to tell Brady no.
    Posted by tompenny

Yeah, he bashes BB constantly but never by name. It's pathetic, and his cohorts let it slide every time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

"Brady hurts this team by audibiling to too many pass plays and being in the shotgun too much .  And with just the worst INTs one could draw up as a QB. Talk about out to lunch." Rusty, I think this whole board would appreciate you atleast bieng factual in your rants. This bolded statement is a flat out lie. You have no idea what the h3ll is going on and your brady bashing campaign is getting real old wouldnt you say? If you have to resort to just flat out lying and making stuff up, your whole argument goes out the window. I have seen no evidence of this. In fact the only time I remember Brady constantly audibling is when he handed off to Woody a whole drive that ended in a score after we were struggling to move the ball. I forget which game...but cmon rusty. You can do better than that.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

No evidence? Did you miss the game in Pitt where he took 42 seconds to line up a shotgun spread at the goal line or choose to pass against the Skins only to put too much air under the ball for an INT in the end zone?

I don't need evidence when I know Brady said he doesn't like being under center and Brady gets 2 or 3 plays sent into his headset to choose from.

DO THE MATH

"I don't like being under center"  This means he likes the shotgun, and yes, has full autonomy at the line of scrimmage.  This should be taken away because he's proven to not handle it well.  Not even Aarron Rodgers or Brees have the leeway Brady has.  Do you really think Sean Payton or McCarthy would put up with their QBs not handling the offense well if they gave them that much control?

Nor did Gomer in 2010 when Tom Moore left Indy's sideline and Clyde Christensensen was the new playcaller was also a good example of the OC and the QB not working well together.

I don't care how they fix this, just fix it because it's blatantly obvious.

Also, stop using the phrase "you make stuff up". Nothing is made up. I use facts and then form my own opinion behind it.  Grow up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Apparently we needed less shotgun and more BJGE runs in the AFC title game.

Uh-Oh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ZcQrtmIUc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : I believe Benny was a priority UDFA which means the Pats had to outbid a number of other teams vying for his services so he would have had a number of other options and did not "need" the Pats. But by that logic, Wes Welker must be worshipping and eternally thankful for the Chargers giving him chance. I mean they signed him as a UDFA and he made their practice squad.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

Yeah, Benny is such a super pro running back his future is so bright he has to wear shades. I'm sure the Bengals coach will get even more out of him than BB could, LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Rusty alwasy says the same crap but loves Belichick and never blames him. It's like he pretends Brady tells Belichick and the OC what personel to put on the field. They go shotgun empty set because it is called. You can't run the ball if they call a formation that might not even have a RB on the field. That's Brady's fault of course. Brady tells them to put Woodhead on the field and tells them Law firm shouldn't be the lead back. All Brady. All the time. It's too bad the coaching staff don't have the balls to tell Brady no.
    Posted by tompenny

I've "blamed" him plenty.  What would I blame him for in terms of Brady trying to throw so much?  We know Brady does't want to be under center because he said it publicly.

Yes, it is too bad BB didn't take the headset from the under-performing O'Brien in the SB game. 

I loved when he slapped Brady and O'Brien in Oakland in Week 4 and then proceeded to have BJGE run amuck on Oakland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left:
    1. Green-Ellis & history of Bengals' backs . In a piece on Bengals.com, former Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis talks about the history of productive Bengals rushers and hopefully joining that group. He also noted that while he didn't have a lot of receptions in New England, he feels like he can be a contributor as a pass-catcher. "There's a difference between not being able to catch and not being thrown to," he said. Some of us hear ya, BJGE. Wish you could have went off with a ring on that finger.  Opportunity lost. Class act, good luck in Cincy, except not too much luck.
    Posted by BassFishing

As someone who is constantly proclaiming your superior intelligence I'm at a loss to understand this lapse in Grammar 101.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty I have a serious question for you.  Exactly how many quarterbacks in the NFL today could have led this team to the Super Bowl.  You imply that Mallett and Hoyer could have done it.  I'd like a list just so I can understand where you are coming from.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Apparently we needed less shotgun and more BJGE runs in the AFC title game. Uh-Oh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10ZcQrtmIUc
    Posted by pcmIV

You don't get it. Was he subbed for before or after or used on the whole drive?  Is it a coincidence our best drive in the SB was him in there not subbed for (until the end)?

It doesn't matter if it's shotgun or not if they don't sub. Christ, are some people dumb on this topic. DO NOT SUB the RBs.

Of course there are times Brady is in the shotgun and hands off to BJGE, but the key is not to sub.  I referenced the Pitt game in the second half in 2010 as a perfect example of how BJGE was used as a lead back all year.

Uh-oh is right. Unless your premise is that Woodhead is a better lead back over BJGE, you lost.

Edit: Just watched the vid. That was a drive where he was used as the lead back, I believe. I loved the run at the time. He delayed, waited for the block and hammered it in. Great technique. You're basically proviong my point. Don't get cute. Told  you, it will not work.  Don't sub the backs, because it increases deception in playcalling. End of story.

Edit:

Woodhead did get one carry, where BJGE was subbed for, but it was only once, so it looks like you lost big time here.

BJGE />Woodhead as a lead back. The offense is clearly more efficient with BJGE as the lead back over Woodhead and he was used as the lead back. Ideally, O'Brien should have NEVER subbed for BJGE on this drive:

New England Patriots at 14:21BALNWE
    1st and 10 at NE 25(Shotgun) B.Green-Ellis up the middle to NE 38 for 13 yards (E.Reed).  
    1st and 10 at NE 38(No Huddle) B.Green-Ellis up the middle to NE 49 for 11 yards (B.Pollard; C.Redding).  
    1st and 10 at NE 49(No Huddle) D.Woodhead right guard to BLT 49 for 2 yards (C.Redding; H.Ngata).  
    2nd and 8 at BAL 49(No Huddle) T.Brady pass incomplete deep left to A.Hernandez.  
    3rd and 8 at BAL 49(Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to W.Welker to BLT 40 for 9 yards (P.Kruger; R.Lewis).  
    1st and 10 at BAL 40(No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to W.Welker.  
    2nd and 10 at BAL 40(Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to R.Gronkowski to BLT 20 for 20 yards (B.Pollard).  
    1st and 10 at BAL 20(No Huddle) B.Green-Ellis right tackle to BLT 16 for 4 yards (R.Lewis).  
    2nd and 6 at BAL 16(No Huddle) B.Green-Ellis right guard to BLT 15 for 1 yard (A.Jones; J.Smith). PENALTY on BLT-D.Ellerbe, Face Mask (15 Yards), 8 yards, enforced at BLT 15.  
    1st and 7 at BAL 7(Shotgun) B.Green-Ellis right guard for 7 yards, TOUCHDOWN.39
     S.Gostkowski extra point is GOOD, Center-D.Aiken, Holder-Z.Mesko.310

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : Yeah, Benny is such a super pro running back his future is so bright he has to wear shades. I'm sure the Bengals coach will get even more out of him than BB could, LOL
    Posted by BabeParilli

LOL what does any of that have to do with what I posted? Are you seeing what you want to see again? Brady goggles getting in your way?

I didn't say anything about Benny's quality as a RB. I Simply said he did not "need" the Pats to enter and get his shot in the league.

Did you miss me that much already?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Gotta love it Cincy is trending up???? LOL, they have one good year and there trending up.  Oh boy I can't wait for them to crash and burn this year.

And as far as Green Ellis. Didnt get the ball much haha.  See how he likes playing in an offense without all those stars and teams focus on him.  See how he likes that.  He was MADE better by the great players around him.  See how he does in Cincy.  

Don't get me wrong I like law firm, but to think this is a great blow to the Pats or that law firm is gonna have great success in Cincy I just don't buy it.  Some people just don't know how good that got it until they leave....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Rusty I have a serious question for you.  Exactly how many quarterbacks in the NFL today could have led this team to the Super Bowl.  You imply that Mallett and Hoyer could have done it.  I'd like a list just so I can understand where you are coming from.
    Posted by pcmIV

Rodgers, Stafford, Brees, Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Matt Schaub, Roethlisturd, Matt Ryan, heck maybe even Joe Flacco would have enjoyed our loaded weaponry on offense and avoided high/low throws, an obsession with passing and throwing reckless balls?

As much as I don't like Jay Cutler, Brady has better weaponry here than Cutler does in Chicago.

Why do you act like Brady had nothing to work with here?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I do get it Rusty.  I am simply pointing out that a lot of your arguments are not compatible with what you just said.  Sometimes you complain about the amount NE runs, other times the amount of time spent in the the shotgun and other  times the subbing of the running backs.  In many cases to support your case you use evidence that relies on one of these premises, but is in violation of the others.  For example you use the AFC title game as evidence that BJGE should have been run more, but you ignore the fact that most of his successful runs were out of the shotgun.  That was the point I was making.  Your arguments aren't that complicated.  Don't flatter yourself.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : I've "blamed" him plenty.  What would I blame him for in terms of Brady trying to throw so much?  We know Brady does't want to be under center because he said it publicly. Yes, it is too bad BB didn't take the headset from the under-performing O'Brien in the SB game.  I loved when he slapped Brady and O'Brien in Oakland in Week 4 and then proceeded to have BJGE run amuck on Oakland.
    Posted by BassFishing

He's slapped Brady O'brien and Brady in the Oaklank game? So basically your saying he Belichick is incompetent and didn't do what is best for the team in the playoffs. He somehow became a coward and was afraid to slap O'brien and Brady up in the biggest games of the year. Gotcha.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : Sorry but that does not sound anything like a hint at a reason for leaving.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

You're right. But Rusty doesn't see the world like the rest of us humans.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : He's slapped Brady O'brien and Brady in the Oaklank game? So basically your saying he Belichick is incompetent and didn't do what is best for the team in the playoffs. He somehow became a coward and was afraid to slap O'brien and Brady up in the biggest games of the year. Gotcha.
    Posted by tompenny

No, I think that any NFL head coach is not going to micromanage their OC as the OC calls plays during games. Any coach. Not just BB.

Now you can say "gotcha", Pennypacker.  The SB 1st half went pretty well overall. 10-9 lead at the half.  The Safety was awful, but that's not BB's fault.  Only you would claim the bad oepning playcall and Brady's decision is BB's fault.  Ridiculous.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I do get it Rusty.  I am simply pointing out that a lot of your arguments are not compatible with what you just said.  Sometimes you complain about the amount NE runs, other times the amount of time spent in the the shotgun and other  times the subbing of the running backs.  In many cases to support your case you use evidence that relies on one of these premises, but is in violation of the others.  For example you use the AFC title game as evidence that BJGE should have been run more, but you ignore the fact that most of his successful runs were out of the shotgun.  That was the point I was making.  Your arguments aren't that complicated.  Don't flatter yourself.
    Posted by pcmIV

All those details don't matter. His objective is to overtly criticize Brady and covertly criticize BB. And the faithful not only condone it, they encourage him. He manages to squeeze that agenda into almost every post. Clearly a jets' troll tactic, albeit a clever one.

It's all lies and spin. Look at the title of the thread. Pure spin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

When your team averages 13.5 wins per season including playoff games over an 11 year stretch, the economics of free agency get stretched silly.

If you are a Patriots player or coach (or even the towel attendant) and you were at all involved in a veritable thundering juggernaut like the Patriots, a good number of other teams will pay you three times what you would be otherwise worth. 

This sometimes works to the Patriots' advantage.  If you, as a player, sign with the Patriots and eventually reach free agency, you and your agent will then make an extraordinary amount of cash.  Therefore, smart players and savvy agents will be extremely friendly toward Bill Belichick, and many players will happily sign with the Pats for less money than they could make over with the Jets.  This can stretch the Patriots' salary cap quite a ways, giving the Patriots a better team than average -- the rich get richer. 

The coaching staff has to get used to the idea that so many Patriots players are going to reach free agency and then walk away, and that a number of good players are going to pound down the door.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

low i/q

I think what babe meant is that he got his shot with the best team in the league.

If you havent noticed, every guy that leaves here gets overated on their next team due to being "coached up" by B.B.

Look at Mark Anderson. Noone was knocking on his door last year. He was considered done. After a year here, he just made 27 mill.

Same for D.Givens and a slew of other players.

Sure Benny may have went elsewhere, but who knows how it would have worked.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Posted by pcmIV

I don't need to have a complicated arugment after watching my team blow SBs due to failed offensive approach. Don't flatter yourself. Learn to read slower and better.  IF this is problem isn't fixed, we will never win another SB. 

As stated before, less shotgun is ideal because it opens up Brady, the best playaction QB in the NFL, but the bigger key is the subbing of the backs.

How many times do I need to capitalize "do not sub the backs on drives" for you to get that is the main overall point?  You claim it's not complicated, but then you prove you don't get it.

Sure, I think I;d rather see more Brady under center to sell playaction more, but that's also another aspect not tied to the subbing concept necessarily.

What you're saying is, Woodhead is a better lead back and it doesn't matter if they sub or not.  I disagree. Big time.

Why do you think I was excited about Ridley?  I mean,  it's just hilarious.  I liked Ridley as a draft pick, was mocked, liked him in preseason and was mocked again.  lol

I saw his skilll set as a possble lead back, a guy who can run hard, get outside, catch, block, etc, and it's because I don't want him subbed for.  Translation? You don't need to sub for a guy like that.

Deception on drives. That's what we need.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

In Response to BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : As someone who is constantly proclaiming your superior intelligence I'm at a loss to understand this lapse in Grammar 101.
    Posted by nyjoseph

Wishing BJGE could have went off to Cincy with a SB ring is hard to understand or bad grammar?

I'm at a loss as to why that is confusing.

Nice deflection attempt, though. I'll take that as a "he's right" from you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : No, I think that any NFL head coach is not going to micromanage their OC as the OC calls plays during games. Any coach. Not just BB. Now you can say "gotcha", Pennypacker.  The SB 1st half went pretty well overall. 10-9 lead at the half.  The Safety was awful, but that's not BB's fault.  Only you would claim the bad oepning playcall and Brady's decision is BB's fault.  Ridiculous.
    Posted by BassFishing

Sure. You just insinuated that is exactly what he did in Oakland now he can't do it anymore? Whine about running and throwing the ball too much when those are the OC and Belichick's calls.  Face it. You have an anti Brady agenda. It's blatantly obvious. Who didn't blame Brady's safety on him? . Find a post that I ever said that and I'll send you some money. I will bet you I can find a post that does blame Brady for that pass though. Try again please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : All those details don't matter. His objective is to overtly criticize Brady and covertly criticize BB. And the faithful not only condone it, they encourage him. He manages to squeeze that agenda into almost every post. Clearly a jets' troll tactic, albeit a clever one. It's all lies and spin. Look at the title of the thread. Pure spin.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Are you a woman? The more you post the more I think PMS

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rusty, the reason Brady likes the shotgun is it gives him more space to see the field and more room to operate so he can see where the blitz is coming from.

It isnt because he likes to pass so much. We all have seen how B.B. operates on the sideline. Saying things like "Throw it Billy, throw it. They cant handle it, keep up the tempo"

Whenever they do this, its usually when a team cant slow us down..and also when Benny leaves the field. You dont think there is a reason we sub and Benny is not involved in the passing game??  This is why this thread is funny. Benny comes off the field in passing situations. I thnk B.B. has seen enough in practice to make the correct personell decisions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

He can do it. He did it at halftime of the SB. Great adjustment to keep BJGE on the field and score a TD.  I wish he would have stepped in more so in the 4th qtr, but it was too late, since Brady threw that INT on 1st down to start the qtr.

You seem to want to pur more of an onus on BB v.s. the player himself who makes just awful decisions.

If not for the Safety or INT, we're talking about a legendary BB gameplan on defense.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Rusty, the reason Brady likes the shotgun is it gives him more space to see the field and more room to operate so he can see where the blitz is coming from. It isnt because he likes to pass so much. We all have seen how B.B. operates on the sideline. Saying things like "Throw it Billy, throw it. They cant handle it, keep up the tempo" Whenever they do this, its usually when a team cant slow us down..and also when Benny leaves the field. You dont think there is a reason we sub and Benny is not involved in the passing game??  This is why this thread is funny. Benny comes off the field in passing situations. I thnk B.B. has seen enough in practice to make the correct personell decisions.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Belichick has no say in personel and play calling decsions in a game. Only once he did in the Oakland game when Rusty is trying to prove a point.

Sections
Shortcuts