BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left

In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left:
    [QUOTE]Rusty, the reason Brady likes the shotgun is it gives him more space to see the field and more room to operate so he can see where the blitz is coming from. It isnt because he likes to pass so much. We all have seen how B.B. operates on the sideline. Saying things like "Throw it Billy, throw it. They cant handle it, keep up the tempo" Whenever they do this, its usually when a team cant slow us down..and also when Benny leaves the field. You dont think there is a reason we sub and Benny is not involved in the passing game??  This is why this thread is funny. Benny comes off the field in passing situations. I thnk B.B. has seen enough in practice to make the correct personell decisions.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

I know WHY he does it, but it puts too much pressure on our O Line to pass protect.

Here's a question, was Brady ever injured in the 2001-2004 seasons? I don't believe so.

Every single season he has some injury, now that's being used as an excuse. What good is "seeing the the field better" if it tells the D to forget about defending the run, just do whatever you want you want to your O Line and 20 million dollar QB?

This is why even if they use shotgun and hand it off to BJGE it works.  I am all for getting a better RB to add to this mix, but it needs to be an upgrade for it to make sense.  Ideally, an upgrade and cheaper than what BB got, but i also don;t mind doing something big.

We will not lose more than 2 games next year if we commit to a feature or lead back and stop the constant subbing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Rusty, the reason Brady likes the shotgun is it gives him more space to see the field and more room to operate so he can see where the blitz is coming from. It isnt because he likes to pass so much. We all have seen how B.B. operates on the sideline. Saying things like "Throw it Billy, throw it. They cant handle it, keep up the tempo" Whenever they do this, its usually when a team cant slow us down..and also when Benny leaves the field. You dont think there is a reason we sub and Benny is not involved in the passing game??  This is why this thread is funny. Benny comes off the field in passing situations. I thnk B.B. has seen enough in practice to make the correct personell decisions.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

My problem is that the shotgun says pass to the opponent's defense. We need to get some percentage of formations that do not telegraph the offense's intent. I'm not saying abandon the shotgun. We need a better mix.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : Belichick has no say in personel and play calling decsions in a game. Only once he did in the Oakland game when Rusty is trying to prove a point.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

That's one example that stands out in my mind. Of course he's called timeouts or took over a major gameplan adjustment on offense in other games this year or any other year.

SOmehow it's the only one so I can prove a point?  I never said "once".  You're just a low life human being.

You're also still a flaming tool. All you and your scummy ilk do is lie and put words in people's mouths to troll.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : Good point, Rusty.  It seems very strange that the older Brady gets, the more frequent these "injuries" have become. This is very uncommon in the NFL.  I suspect steroids.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sounds fantastic, Phat Rex. Tell us, do you think Tebow beats our Marky Mark and what will Holmes and Cromartie think about that?

lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : My problem is that the shotgun says pass to the opponent's defense. We need to get some percentage of formations that do not telegraph the offense's intent. I'm not saying abandon the shotgun. We need a better mix.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Which is what makes PCM's little you tube post so annoying.  The idea is to balance things out, adjust appropriately and quickly enough, and don't over-call or over-manage things.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I mentioned this before, but I am not sure we ever lost a game with BJGE as the feature back, either in 2010 or 2011. The fact our offense isn't finding ways to at least start with him to see how he does as the lead back, only to go Woodhead as a change of pace, is disturbing based upon this fact. I'd need to go back and look, but it's either an incredible rarity we lost with him as a feature part of the gameplan at the RB slot, or we never seriously lost a game with him.  The only loss for NE was against Cleveland in Cleveland in 2010 after Moss was dealt and BJGE was leaned on more.  Then, think about vs NY and Oakland where he ran amuck.  Then consider games where the offense couldn't m ove the ball with Woodhead as the lead back and pass based offense when BJGE was out with turf toe. Hmm. Edit: Yep. He only had 9 carries in the Cleveland game before it got out of hand.  Woodhead also had 9 carries. Again, disturbing this wasn't noticed.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

Food for thought, instead of just wondering why he wasn't used as our lead back, consider this...

There is roughly somewhere around 500 hours of practice evaluation that Bill Belichick had to go on (not including countless meetings and film)...do you think maybe Bill knew something you didn't?

He is a hard working, likeable, try hard guy that can't stick his foot in the ground and make a cut that will take advantage of lanes that were there last year in our running game. He won't fumble and will score from the one yard line, but he's not a guy that is explosive enough to be considered a power back or fast enough to be considered a feature back...he's a back up. It's what he really was when he was here and it's probably what he'll turn into in Cincinnati...nothing wrong with that. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : That's one example that stands out in my mind. Of course he's called timeouts or took over a major gameplan adjustment on offense in other games this year or any other year. SOmehow it's the only one so I can prove a point?  I never said "once".  You're just a low life human being. You're also still a flaming tool. All you and your scummy ilk do is lie and put words in people's mouths to troll.

If he can do it in the Oakland game he can do it in any game including playoff games and SB games. Keep spinning. You have hundreds of post that somehow involved Brady yet are talking about not using a lead back which has nothing to do with Brady. Who are you trying to fool?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

If not for the Safety or INT, we're talking about a legendary BB gameplan on defense.

So the game plan was not to get any 3 & outs, never stop the Jints O in their own territory, allow 30 1st downs in a 8 possession game, negate the one pick they recover with a penalty, and allow the Jints to score on half their possessions?
    That is legendary!  I can't even think of another SB where that ever happened.
    C'mon Russ, you're better than that.
    No one is excusing TB for his mishaps.  But the blame belongs on the

T.E.A.M !!!  Not one person.

This is a public service announcement!  LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[QUOTE]If not for the Safety or INT, we're talking about a legendary BB gameplan on defense. So the game plan was not to get any 3 & outs, never stop the Jints O in their own territory, allow 30 1st downs in a 8 possession game, negate the one pick they recover with a penalty, and allow the Jints to score on half their possessions? That is legendary!  I can't even think of another SB where that ever happened. C'mon Russ, you're better than that. No one is excusing TB for his mishaps.  But the blame belongs on the T.E.A.M !!!  Not one person. This is a public service announcement!  LOL
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

+1

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]If not for the Safety or INT, we're talking about a legendary BB gameplan on defense. So the game plan was not to get any 3 & outs, never stop the Jints O in their own territory, allow 30 1st downs in a 8 possession game, negate the one pick they recover with a penalty, and allow the Jints to score on half their possessions? That is legendary!  I can't even think of another SB where that ever happened. C'mon Russ, you're better than that. No one is excusing TB for his mishaps.  But the blame belongs on the T.E.A.M !!!  Not one person. This is a public service announcement!  LOL

Time of possession was the offenses fault though. You can't blame the defense for not getting off the field on 3rd downs. Nice scapegoat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

The problem is not the coach, or the QB, it's more to the playcalling than anything else. I don't think brady is the one who makes the gameplans, he may have some input on certain plays, but he's not the O.C. What this O is missing is balance in the playcalling, we rarely see a play-action play, and when we do, we all know is a deep pass to slater or who ever is the 5th WR. on 3rd downs and short the whole stadium knows they're going to welker on a quick-slant. we need to intergrate a more balance attack that's all, It doesnt matter who we have in the backfield, it could b BJGE, woodhead, ridley, vereen or hernandez. There's noone here to blame really except for the D lol.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The dude sucks....By by

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Dont sit there and point fingers Benny. You never gained any trust with Tom as a good pass catcher and thats why you were always 50-50 here.

Don't expect to win games by throwing to a back who only gets 2-3 yards every carry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Maybe during this offseason they take a look at it and see that the one dimensional offense cost them in the end. The passing game is good but can only take a team so far, they have to have at least the threat of a running game or any team with a good defense will shut them down. It looks like when too much is put on Brady like most QB's  he has a tendency to force passes and  turn the ball over.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : Food for thought, instead of just wondering why he wasn't used as our lead back, consider this... There is roughly somewhere around 500 hours of practice evaluation that Bill Belichick had to go on (not including countless meetings and film)...do you think maybe Bill knew something you didn't? He is a hard working, likeable, try hard guy that can't stick his foot in the ground and make a cut that will take advantage of lanes that were there last year in our running game. He won't fumble and will score from the one yard line, but he's not a guy that is explosive enough to be considered a power back or fast enough to be considered a feature back...he's a back up. It's what he really was when he was here and it's probably what he'll turn into in Cincinnati...nothing wrong with that. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

You're actually going to try reasoning with Rusty? I thought you would have learned by now that is impossible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : That is adorable.  You've finally found a friend and it's you.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left:
    [QUOTE]1. Green-Ellis & history of Bengals' backs . In a piece on Bengals.com, former Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis talks about the history of productive Bengals rushers and hopefully joining that group. He also noted that while he didn't have a lot of receptions in New England, he feels like he can be a contributor as a pass-catcher. "There's a difference between not being able to catch and not being thrown to," he said. Some of us hear ya, BJGE. Wish you could have went off with a ring on that finger.  Opportunity lost. Class act, good luck in Cincy, except not too much luck.

it don't matter anymore anyway, but he sometimes had a hard time shedding blocks and finding an open area to catch passes. so, mebbe he didn't get thrown to because of that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Dont sit there and point fingers Benny. You never gained any trust with Tom as a good pass catcher and thats why you were always 50-50 here. Don't expect to win games by throwing to a back who only gets 2-3 yards every carry.
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

This is true. If Tom looks too many times and you're not open you don't get to do that a lot more.

Notice the safety in the SB as Benny hits the line and can't get out and actually falls down leaving Tom without a relief valve and having to look for one of his 3 on 7 receivers to be open.

This is an example of why he didn't get the ball thrown to him much. Faulk always got free. That is a HUGE missing component these days.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BJGE Hints As To One Reason He Left : it don't matter anymore anyway, but he sometimes had a hard time shedding blocks and finding an open area to catch passes. so, mebbe he didn't get thrown to because of that.
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

It really was a masterful game plan...I also like the way they tried to trick the Giants into a false sense of security by not making them turn the ball over despite them having the ball 2/3rds of the game. It really isn't as legendary as all you already mentioned, but it still should be mentioned.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

and how many times has he broken one for longer than 25 yards in his career? Ummmmmm....not many.

Sections
Shortcuts