BJGE is the luckiest guy on the team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BJGE is the luckiest guy on the team

With all the Brady bashing going on for only putting up 357 and 3 TD's and O'Brien's Swan Song antics, everyone has seemed to overlook what was another Maroney like performance.

He offered absolutely nothing in the run game and pulled a Watson on a screen pass that hit him in the hands.  This guy is a complete liability who along with Faulk shouldn't even be on the game day roster at this point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: BJGE is the luckiest guy on the team

I like him.  Nearly always good for 3.  Not flashy, but gets it done.  Doesn't tend to move backwards.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

3...2...1...duh duh dah nah nah!!! Rusty to the rescue!! BJGE is a fine back that is more than capable - in fact near elite! All you have to do is give this guy 25 pluc carries a game and he'll get you 120 yards annnnd he will never fumble. Never. You could aim a scud missile right into his arms and that football won't budge. The guy is money...straight caash. He's a smart runner too; when was the last time you saw a guy carry the ball and short exchange traded funds? Damn smart. Yeah he never got drafted, it's really because he wanted to play here so bad that he ran the 40 in six and a half minutes (reason why he dropped). We are damn lucky to have him! I bet if you did a study it would clearly show that this guy has more value to the team than Brady.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BJGE is a grinder. The more he's used the more effective he becomes and the more effective the O becomes. He does this by wearing down the opposing D with hard noise running. If he only gets 6 carries he is not going to be effective. He's not that type of runner that can turn it on and off like a light switch.

It's funny on almost every game when he gets near 20 carries a game he usual starts off with a 2-3ypc average but always ends up with a 4ypc average in the end, while not taking it out of Brady's hands with turn overs.

TCal you kill him every week yet in the game forums when he gets his 20 carries you disappear on the guy as he breaks 5-10yrd carries in the 4th.

That's not mentioning how OB miss uses him. He's not a fast player that makes quick cuts, why does he have him running an off T sweep when you only need 1 yrd?

Listen BJGE isn't elite and he won't give you highlight reels but if you give him consistent snaps he will average 4ypc a game, always get positive yards, and most importantly won't put it on the ground taking the ball out of Bradys hand. He's just the type of RB this team needs, a cheap effective average starting RB if used right.

BTW TCal, please compare him to anyone else like A Smith for example. Maroney and BJGE are two completely different runners

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

I have never seen BJGE salsa dance in the backfield... Nothing like Maroney. I agree he is misused... Like all of our backs. I have always been pro-back-by-committee, but it loses it's purpose if we NEVER HAND THE BALL OFF!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE is the luckiest guy on the team:
    BJGE is a grinder. The more he's used the more effective he becomes and the more effective the O becomes. He does this by wearing down the opposing D with hard noise running. If he only gets 6 carries he is not going to be effective. He's not that type of runner that can turn it on and off like a light switch. It's funny on almost every game when he gets near 20 carries a game he usual starts off with a 2-3ypc average but always ends up with a 4ypc average in the end, while not taking it out of Brady's hands with turn overs. TCal you kill him every week yet in the game forums when he gets his 20 carries you disappear on the guy as he breaks 5-10yrd carries in the 4th. That's not mentioning how OB miss uses him. He's not a fast player that makes quick cuts, why does he have him running an off T sweep when you only need 1 yrd? Listen BJGE isn't elite and he won't give you highlight reels but if you give him consistent snaps he will average 4ypc a game, always get positive yards, and most importantly won't put it on the ground taking the ball out of Bradys hand. He's just the type of RB this team needs, a cheap effective average starting RB if used right. BTW TCal, please compare him to anyone else like A Smith for example. Maroney and BJGE are two completely different runners
    Posted by PatsEng

I'm watching this Monday night game right now and both running backs in this game could run circles around Benny and they're doing it without the aid of  good quarterback play. I bet if you went down the rosters of every team in the nfl you would be hard pressed to find more than a handfull of starters that would give you less than this guy. For every ten yard gain that he gets - he follows it up with a no yard gain. How many times is this guy going to drop a screen pass? For a guy that doesn't fumble, you'd think he could hold onto a three yard pass. When was the last time this guy beat a linebacker that met him behind the line? When has this guy stretched a play outside for a big play? When has he cut back and taken advantage of an over pursuing defense? You ever see him run past a safety?

Unless it's blocked perfectly - he isn't going to give you much of anything. That isn't the worst thing in the world...most teams just call that the back-up...it's what he should be here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Benny is what he has always been. A guy that's lucky he got a shot and has been mundane but reliable. He is the perfectly average NFL back who never fumbles. That has value, but not a lot. As of late he is somewhat less than that. And he couldn't catch the clap at a h00ker convention.

And if he is as has been said the kind of guy who needs 20 carries to be effective. Toss him now. We need that about as bad as we need another shaky DB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

Whether the Firm is a treasure or a bum one thing remains: he should have had the ball at least twice on first and goal when the Pats needed to run time off the clock. 

He could have lost 3 yards a carry and still the Pats have a chipshot FG.

Where's all the BB genius boosters?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

An opponent does not game plan for bennie. As it stands I'd be happier if we went with Ridley and Woody as there is much more they offer the offence with speed and Play action. Allow him to Go after his contract.

Have a happy and healthy...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

he never fumbles and ver rare run negative yards, im a fan of this hard working man, Pats offense is week to week basis they take what the defense give them

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Lately I have come to appreciate just how good BJGE is. I mean he almost always has positive yards and almost always falls forward. As long as he keeps delivering the 2 yards per carry reliably, I am sure everyone on the board will commend him on his skill and effort. Atleast he's not like some other running backs in the league who fall backward and produce negative yards. 

Great job BJGE!! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to BJGE is the luckiest guy on the team:
    With all the Brady bashing going on for only putting up 357 and 3 TD's and O'Brien's Swan Song antics, everyone has seemed to overlook what was another Maroney like performance. He offered absolutely nothing in the run game and pulled a Watson on a screen pass that hit him in the hands.  This guy is a complete liability who along with Faulk shouldn't even be on the game day roster at this point.
    Posted by tcal2-

Right Coach

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

3...2...1...duh duh dah nah nah!!! Rusty to the rescue!! BJGE is a fine back that is more than capable - in fact near elite! All you have to do is give this guy 25 pluc carries a game and he'll get you 120 yards annnnd he will never fumble. Never. You could aim a scud missile right into his arms and that football won't budge. The guy is money...straight caash. He's a smart runner too; when was the last time you saw a guy carry the ball and short exchange traded funds? Damn smart. Yeah he never got drafted, it's really because he wanted to play here so bad that he ran the 40 in six and a half minutes (reason why he dropped). We are damn lucky to have him! I bet if you did a study it would clearly show that this guy has more value to the team than Brady.
    Posted by mthurl

Hilarious!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: BJGE is the luckiest guy on the team : I'm watching this Monday night game right now and both running backs in this game could run circles around Benny and they're doing it without the aid of  good quarterback play. I bet if you went down the rosters of every team in the nfl you would be hard pressed to find more than a handfull of starters that would give you less than this guy. For every ten yard gain that he gets - he follows it up with a no yard gain. How many times is this guy going to drop a screen pass? For a guy that doesn't fumble, you'd think he could hold onto a three yard pass. When was the last time this guy beat a linebacker that met him behind the line? When has this guy stretched a play outside for a big play? When has he cut back and taken advantage of an over pursuing defense? You ever see him run past a safety? Unless it's blocked perfectly - he isn't going to give you much of anything. That isn't the worst thing in the world...most teams just call that the back-up...it's what he should be here.
    Posted by mthurl

Again BJGE ISN'T A HIGHLIGHT HOMERUN RB. He isn't quick, he doesn't make quick cuts, and he's not a #1 back like most teams have. He's a rotational power back (we have a rotational back system). You use him to wear down defenses, get tough yards, and just give you consistent yards. BJGE will get you 2-5 yards on 80% of his carries. The problem is that he won't break out for any long plays.

I honestly think most of you look at #1 backs who break out a run that shows up at ESPN and don't realize that's not what BJGE is. The Pats also don't need that type of runner in this system, they just need someone to keep the D honest and take pressure off Brady. The issue with highlight reel RB's is that they usually are on teams with no QB's so they get a ton of carries and are the main focus of the O. They are usually the main back and don't have to split carries with 2-3 other backs. Look at the Saints and GB. Two other high scoring teams with rotational backs. They don't have great RB's either. Starks, Grant, Thomas, Ingram, Sporels. Are any of those combinations any better then BJGE and Woodhead combined? Not really, why because the QB's dominate the game and the carries are spread throughout the RB core not carried by a single back

Now I hope Vereen or Ridley can become one of those backs since they are still cheap as rooks but since they can't get reps give it to the vet until they can prove they deserve more carries then he does.

I swear, we have the best QB in the game, best TE, arguable the best WR, so unless we have Foster no one would be good enough at RB in most of your eyes

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

With all the Brady bashing going on for only putting up 357 and 3 TD's and O'Brien's Swan Song antics, everyone has seemed to overlook what was another Maroney like performance.

He offered absolutely nothing in the run game and pulled a Watson on a screen pass that hit him in the hands.  This guy is a complete liability who along with Faulk shouldn't even be on the game day roster at this point

The problems I see with this is first he cant catch. Big fault and second when he comes in the D knows we're going to run. We need to change up some of the play calling, screens and play action to help his effectiveness.

Big plus though, he doesnt lose the ball.  Someone said the monday night backs...  You cant compare him with Steven Jackson. * If I may use a Tebow-ism* Thats the resurrection of Cory Dillon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

How can someone who never fumbles be a liability? That just doesnt make any sense AT ALL! The steelers running back rashard mehndenhall? that dude is a Liability, each time he touches the ball he might fumble.

Marior barber of the Bears, LIABILITY up 7 under 2 minutes to play, the broncos have no timeouts, and he runs out of bounds, right after fumbling on the goal line to give the broncos the chance to win the game.

BJGE averages 4 yards a carry, never fumbles. thats not a liability, thats RELIABILITY! you know exactly what you are going to get. he had a 3.8 average with a bum foot. Maybe we should go get one of the highest paid running backs in the NFL, like say Chris johnson, i bet he had a monster game this week vs the saints: 11 carries, 23 yards.. 2.8 per carry. 

Ill take lawfirms nearly 4 yards per carry EVERY game, over fumbles and a lot of 2 and change yard per carry average anyday.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Maybe we should go get one of the highest paid running backs in the NFL, like say Chris johnson, i bet he had a monster game this week vs the saints: 11 carries, 23 yards.. 2.8 per carry. 

Please get Steven Jackson instead.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Whether the Firm is a treasure or a bum one thing remains: he should have had the ball at least twice on first and goal when the Pats needed to run time off the clock.  He could have lost 3 yards a carry and still the Pats have a chipshot FG. Where's all the BB genius boosters?
    Posted by tjwoods

Yes Bro - my thoughts exactly - That playcalling 2 straight pass plays for nada when Law Firm would have had a TD for sure - show the arrogance of BB and O'Brien.  BJGE is a fine back and if given the ball more would produce 100 yards in many games, and help us keep opposition O from raping our defenceless D, IMO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

BJGE does not help his line. 

I don't think NE even needs a better running back, because they are still one of the three elite NFL offenses with him. But he is average. That is all.

Here are the numbers for whose offensive line blocks the most yards. Of the top ten most efficient run blocking OLs, NE's and Cincy's are the only two in the top ten that have running backs that don't outpace their offensive line. That literally means that the RBs on this team actually leave blocked yardage on the field when you add the net together. 

Adj. Line RB Yards Pwr Pct/Rank
    1 NO 4.77 4.82 63% 15
    2 NE 4.41 4.07 62% 17
    3 HOU 4.40 4.48 66% 10
    4 SD 4.29 4.50 69% 4
    5 ARI 4.25 4.39 60% 22
    6 DAL 4.24 4.68 57% 24
    7 PHI 4.19 5.02 66% 11
    8 PIT 4.19 4.30 63% 16
    9 BUF 4.18 5.03 68% 8
    10 CIN 4.16 3.89 54% 27

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BJGE does not help his line.  I don't think NE even needs a better running back, because they are still one of the three elite NFL offenses with him. But he is average. That is all. Here are the numbers for whose offensive line blocks the most yards. Of the top ten most efficient run blocking OLs, NE's and Cincy's are the only two in the top ten that have running backs that don't outpace their offensive line. That literally means that the RBs on this team actually leave blocked yardage on the field when you add the net together.    Adj. Line RB Yards Pwr Pct/Rank 1 NO 4.77 4.82 63% 15 2 NE 4.41 4.07 62% 17 3 HOU 4.40 4.48 66% 10 4 SD 4.29 4.50 69% 4 5 ARI 4.25 4.39 60% 22 6 DAL 4.24 4.68 57% 24 7 PHI 4.19 5.02 66% 11 8 PIT 4.19 4.30 63% 16 9 BUF 4.18 5.03 68% 8 10 CIN 4.16 3.89 54% 27
    Posted by zbellino

This is an interesting and good stat. I'd like to see where they come up with the numbers though. Not to mention if they take goal line and QB sneaks into effect. TB QB sneaks quite frequently and a lot of TD runs this year came with less then a couple yards. Just wondering if that becomes a factor where other teams QB's either have higher rushing averages/sneak less often. Or, the RB's see short yardage situations less often.

But agree on BJGE he is an average rotational power back (which he is but slightly under used in his role imo) and the team really doesn't need more then that from him

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

I just find it amazing how much hate the guy gets. I can say with certainty, BJGE has NEVER cost the patriots at game. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

I sometimes forget, until I read these forums, that a lot of fans think that if you aren't the #1 or #2 guy in the league at your position, you're trash and a disgrace to the Patriot name. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts