BJGE released by Bengals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BJGE released by Bengals

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m

Can’t say it’s a surprise, but the #Bengals have released RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Invested in that position the last 2 years.

ATJ take:  He won't be out of work long.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: BJGE released by Bengals

I didn't realize he was still in the league.  I thought I read somewhere that he and Maroney opened a candy shop in the Village called Sucks-A-Lot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't realize he was still in the league.  I thought I read somewhere that he and Maroney opened a candy shop in the Village called Sucks-A-Lot.

[/QUOTE]

TCal, you the man. you crack me up

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

who do you prefer? Benny at the vet minimum or Ridley?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I had a feeling of this since they were going with Giovanni Bernard. Law firm really didn't have bad years in NE. at least he didn't fumble the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Brady2Welker47

On standby if no.one picks him up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Well, it's been suggested by a few that bb should bring back BJGE and dump Ridley.

Paul Perrillo put out a piece last week, titled "  The perception of Ridley is not reality, with eye opening stats, basically proving that his production is not worth the fumbles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Neither

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Nice little run for the UDFA. 1,000 carries, 3900 yards and 43 tds while only starting (or really split time starting) for 4 years. Good find for 2 smart GM's like BB and Mike Brown. Good value.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ridley.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrianKangu. Show BrianKangu's posts

BJGE over Sir wholelottafumbles

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The guy was statistically the worst running back in the NFL last season, yet rusty and truechamp kept telling me for years how good he was.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The guy was statistically the worst running back in the NFL last season, yet rusty and truechamp kept telling me for years how good he was.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I guess 1000 carries, 3900 yards and 43 tds just aren't good enough for some Patriot fans. The bar is high in N.E. that's for sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I guess 1000 carries, 3900 yards and 43 tds just aren't good enough for some Patriot fans. The bar is high in N.E. that's for sure.

[/QUOTE]

Yes we try not to applaud average at best, around here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement

I guess the Patriots and Bengals disagree with you. I'm sure you're right though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Law Firm was solid when he was here. I'm sure he has some wheels left. The Colts ought to consider signing him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

BJGE . . . 498 carries in the last 2 years for 1,850 yards (less than 4 yards a carry) . . . with 5 fumbles and lost 80% of them  .  .  . Ridley has 1,936 yards on only 468 carries for an average of 4.5 ypc . . . he did lose 8 fumbles of which 75% were lost.  If this coaching staff cannot figure out a way to help Ridley stop fumbling then I say it is time to change the coaching staff and not the runner!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 19m

Can’t say it’s a surprise, but the #Bengals have released RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis. Invested in that position the last 2 years.ATJ take:  He won't be out of work long.

[/QUOTE]

Don't want him back. This team needs to move away from retreads and has-beens. Go check their roster...BB has gotten rid of most of the older guys. The Pats have a young team. This is the way to go, if the Pats hope to sustain their excellence throughout this decade. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement

I guess the Patriots and Bengals disagree with you. I'm sure you're right though.

[/QUOTE]

Well they might a little, seeing how we never attempted to resign him and the Bengals cut him before his deal was done (despite not having a ridiculous contract).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BJGE . . . 498 carries in the last 2 years for 1,850 yards (less than 4 yards a carry) . . . with 5 fumbles and lost 80% of them  .  .  . Ridley has 1,936 yards on only 468 carries for an average of 4.5 ypc . . . he did lose 8 fumbles of which 75% were lost.  If this coaching staff cannot figure out a way to help Ridley stop fumbling then I say it is time to change the coaching staff and not the runner!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Huh?  They can't fix a chronic fumbler so they should go?

Sorry, that's on him to fix.

Ridley's yards as well as BJGE's , when he was here (not there), were a result of teams playing the pass.

No one worried too much about either of them and if they did, those  are the coaches  that should have been fired.

Neither backs are anything special but I'd take the non fumbler every day.

I don't think the extra .2 ypc's won any games but I'm certain the fumbles helped to lose some.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We now know why TB had to change all those run plays to pass plays.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not a smart question...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

It's because the MT Hurls of the world never were fans back in the Rod Rust days. lol

So, they think every RB should be Corey Dillon and showcase HOF stats to be accepted here.

The fact is, BJGE was a good, everyday back because you knew he'd never fumble, so we'd win the turnover battle every week unless Brady had one of his subpar meltdown games.

Ironic: BJGE has a ring here if not for Brady melting down in SB 46.

All of these players who are actually good within their skill sets,and were developed here like BJGE, Nink, Arrington , etc....They're all under-appreciated by the newer fans and those who obsesses over fantasy football and Madden video games.

Personally, I don't think BJGE fit very well in Cincy.  It's a poorly managed franchise, still. Their coach sucks even if they have loads of talent.

THe Pats never lost a game when BJGE was the starter in 2010 and 2011, as the lead back in the gameplan.

Why? HE didn't fumble, so the odds favored us winning the game with our D creating 2+ turnovers a game.

It was a sweet little recipe that should have yielded a SB title, but someone under Center ruined that for everyone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"It was a sweet little recipe that should have yielded a SB title, but someone under Center ruined that for everyone."

Yeah with someone like Matt Cassell under center instead of the league MVP, and with a pedestrian RB like BJGE the defense didn't have to game plan against - we would have definitely had another couple of rings. Sure, whatever. 

This is delusional stuff on your part. 

BJGE was a fine back but should have been reserved for red zone use. Unfortunately he got too many carries and didn't get it done when it counted. 

" HE didn't fumble, so the odds favored us winning the game with our D creating 2+ turnovers a game."  

True - in the regular season. But in the postseason we didn't get the turnovers. So your BJGE formula is great - if you're happy winning the division. 

BJGE was fine in the postseason but he wasn't good enough to cross fingers and hope the defense would get turnovers. He didn't break open a game the way Blount did. 

He represented great value, I'll give you that. But this is not a stock picking club it's a sports forum. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

It's because the MT Hurls of the world never were fans back in the Rod Rust days. lol

So, they think every RB should be Corey Dillon and showcase HOF stats to be accepted here.

The fact is, BJGE was a good, everyday back because you knew he'd never fumble, so we'd win the turnover battle every week unless Brady had one of his subpar meltdown games.

Ironic: BJGE has a ring here if not for Brady melting down in SB 46.

All of these players who are actually good within their skill sets,and were developed here like BJGE, Nink, Arrington , etc....They're all under-appreciated by the newer fans and those who obsesses over fantasy football and Madden video games.

Personally, I don't think BJGE fit very well in Cincy.  It's a poorly managed franchise, still. Their coach sucks even if they have loads of talent.

THe Pats never lost a game when BJGE was the starter in 2010 and 2011, as the lead back in the gameplan.

Why? HE didn't fumble, so the odds favored us winning the game with our D creating 2+ turnovers a game.

It was a sweet little recipe that should have yielded a SB title, but someone under Center ruined that for everyone.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you really should be discussing running backs seeing how you didn't realize Curtis Martin could catch a football (13th all time in receptions for running backs) and after you compared James White to Frank Gore three weeks ago. Hey, what was your reasoning for comparing White to one of the best power backs in the NFL? Oh yeah, it was because the kid had powerful legs. You also compared him to Morris, another power back. I screwed up on White too - not as much as you - but then again at least I remembered Curtis Martin being a very good pass catcher.

But you go ahead and keep making a fool of yourself (daily). I loved the one from last year...calling Ballard a pass catching threat that we fleeced from the Giants! Who did you compare him to? Oh yeah, Thomas from NO. Now that was some funny stuff.