Blaming Tom Brady's "new lifestyle" and Giselle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Blaming Tom Brady's "new lifestyle" and Giselle

With each missed pass, I see mounting criticism of Tom Brady's new lifestyle and his new marriage. I think it's the most low-class thing you can possibly say.

Yes, as paying fans we're entitled to a better performance but it's not an issue of effort. The team is just not clicking right now and there's just no need to blame his lifestyle or his wife. I was quick to jump on the Jessica bandwagon when Romo started choking and that was simply because he seemed to put his celebrity status above his play on the field. Tom Brady won this community three Super Bowls already and was seconds from a fourth. Not to mention, he's working with some new pieces. Oh yeah, he's also coming back from a tough knee injury.

If ANY of us average people were in his shoes, we'd be living the exact same lifestyle. Don't give me that sh!t. You're good-looking, you have money, you're a master of your craft and you're successful. Given those things, we're still fortunate to not see Tom involved in every possible endorsement and "hollywood" opportunity.

He can pave roads. Or he can play football for the most polarizing franchise of this decade. He's still a human being and human beings get married, they have kids, they try to earn a decent living and they try to enhance their lifestyles with the money they're able to make. Tom Brady isn't doing anything unusual, here.

Some are calling for Matt Cassell. Really? Right now, he's the underdog so of course, he seems more committed. He has so much to prove. Give him three rings and let's see which lifestyle he'd pursue. It's not just in football, it's a life thing. The more successful you are, the more opportunities you're presented in more avenues and the more you explore and capitalize on.

Be patient. The guy will come around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

Re: Blaming Tom Brady's "new lifestyle" and Giselle

totally agree on all accounts

what brady does off field has nothing to do with whats happening on the field

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I hate having Giselle at the games or even talking about them. She wasn't a Football fan pre-Brady and I don't think she should start now. She comands to much attention at games. I didn't hear the Indy media talk about Peyton's wife having a kid, so why do people think that we care? It goes to the Patriots turning into an entertainment team. We are turning into the Cowboys. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

People need to get a life. It 2 games, if anything having a family improves Brady's life. People are crazy???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Unless Giselle was playing somewhere on the Jets defense, I don't think she is to blame.  I kind of figured knowing someone was running full speed at you untouched might have effected his timing and throws more than anything else.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

So is Giselle to blame for the receivers not being able to produce or the defense not being able to step it up on 3rd and 10? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

Yeah watching Gisele fix his hair after interviews and walk him to the team bus must really raise him up in the eyes of his teamamates! Doug Christie anyone?!?!

BRING BACK CASSEL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont ever understand why this kind of thing even comes up. Who he is married to ro what he does in his down time is not for fans to decide. He is entitled to having a personal life. His play is due to his injury not his "lifestyle" so leave that c rap at the door.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Blaming Tom Brady's "new lifestyle" and Giselle:
    [QUOTE]With each missed pass, I see mounting criticism of Tom Brady's new lifestyle and his new marriage. I think it's the most low-class thing you can possibly say. Yes, as paying fans we're entitled to a better performance but it's not an issue of effort. The team is just not clicking right now and there's just no need to blame his lifestyle or his wife. I was quick to jump on the Jessica bandwagon when Romo started choking and that was simply because he seemed to put his celebrity status above his play on the field. Tom Brady won this community three Super Bowls already and was seconds from a fourth. Not to mention, he's working with some new pieces. Oh yeah, he's also coming back from a tough knee injury. If ANY of us average people were in his shoes, we'd be living the exact same lifestyle. Don't give me that sh!t. You're good-looking, you have money, you're a master of your craft and you're successful. Given those things, we're still fortunate to not see Tom involved in every possible endorsement and "hollywood" opportunity. He can pave roads. Or he can play football for the most polarizing franchise of this decade. He's still a human being and human beings get married, they have kids, they try to earn a decent living and they try to enhance their lifestyles with the money they're able to make. Tom Brady isn't doing anything unusual, here. Some are calling for Matt Cassell. Really? Right now, he's the underdog so of course, he seems more committed. He has so much to prove. Give him three rings and let's see which lifestyle he'd pursue. It's not just in football, it's a life thing. The more successful you are, the more opportunities you're presented in more avenues and the more you explore and capitalize on. Be patient. The guy will come around.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

The way I see it, things can go either way with Brady.  Either he continues to be a fierce competitor - or not.

Like others have said, he's got 3 rings, a model for a wife, and financial security - so, exactly what is it that is going to motivate him at this point? Only Tom knows.

Who would blame him for wanting to spend time away from football doing other things aside from football? If I won a 20 million dollar lottery, the first thing I would do is retire (even though I like what I do).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tom Brady is not us. He is not a Joe Shmoe, we are normal people and as normal people if we won a ton of cash we would retire and go sit on a beach for the rest of our lives but Brady is a competitor and he wants to win. Sure money means a lot to everyone but he has had millions of dollars for years now so money clearly doesnt mean as much to him as it does to say Albert Haynsworth. Its not like he just got a big pay day and we dont know how he will respond, he has had the big pay day for years and he has played at the same level so I wouldnt say this kind of thing effects him as it would one of us. I am sure he is still hungry to win another title. I am not worried about it one bit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rebels1520. Show rebels1520's posts

In Response to Re: Blaming Tom Brady's "new lifestyle" and Giselle:
    [QUOTE]Yeah watching Gisele fix his hair after interviews and walk him to the team bus must really raise him up in the eyes of his teamamates! Doug Christie anyone?!?! BRING BACK CASSEL!
    Posted by seadentro[/QUOTE]

kidding me.... Cassel??? hideous statement

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

In Response to Blaming Tom Brady's "new lifestyle" and Giselle:
    [QUOTE]With each missed pass, I see mounting criticism of Tom Brady's new lifestyle and his new marriage. I think it's the most low-class thing you can possibly say. Yes, as paying fans we're entitled to a better performance but it's not an issue of effort. The team is just not clicking right now and there's just no need to blame his lifestyle or his wife. I was quick to jump on the Jessica bandwagon when Romo started choking and that was simply because he seemed to put his celebrity status above his play on the field. Tom Brady won this community three Super Bowls already and was seconds from a fourth. Not to mention, he's working with some new pieces. Oh yeah, he's also coming back from a tough knee injury. If ANY of us average people were in his shoes, we'd be living the exact same lifestyle. Don't give me that sh!t. You're good-looking, you have money, you're a master of your craft and you're successful. Given those things, we're still fortunate to not see Tom involved in every possible endorsement and "hollywood" opportunity. He can pave roads. Or he can play football for the most polarizing franchise of this decade. He's still a human being and human beings get married, they have kids, they try to earn a decent living and they try to enhance their lifestyles with the money they're able to make. Tom Brady isn't doing anything unusual, here. Some are calling for Matt Cassell. Really? Right now, he's the underdog so of course, he seems more committed. He has so much to prove. Give him three rings and let's see which lifestyle he'd pursue. It's not just in football, it's a life thing. The more successful you are, the more opportunities you're presented in more avenues and the more you explore and capitalize on. Be patient. The guy will come around.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Now, I know why Belichicky dies his hair. Amen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I hate having Giselle at the games or even talking about them. She wasn't a Football fan pre-Brady and I don't think she should start now. She comands to much attention at games. I didn't hear the Indy media talk about Peyton's wife having a kid, so why do people think that we care? It goes to the Patriots turning into an entertainment team. We are turning into the Cowboys. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I disagree. The Cowboys with all the talent they have don't even sniff the playoffs and we're competing each year for a Super Bowl. The Cowboys take out all of their frustrations through the media, they point fingers, and their owner builds stadiums that features cage dancers. Indy's media doesn't talk about Peyton's wife because chances are that she's not a world-renowned super model. Peyton Manning also has the persona of a country bumpkin and not a glitzy Hollywood star like Tom Brady.

The media only puts out information it feels people care about. I blame that squarely on ESPN, which is becoming a cross between sports and TMZ. People care about who Tom Brady's taking flowers to. People care about who Romo's next lady is. We care and so they snoop around and bring us the information.

Lastly, you can't blame any of their wives being at their games. You could just as easily say "the Patriots lost because Bill Clinton wasn't in the stands" or "the Patriots won because Curt Schilling was in the stands." It's a flip of the coin; it's about what happens on the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blaming Tom Brady's "new lifestyle" and Giselle : kidding me.... Cassel??? hideous statement
    Posted by rebels1520[/QUOTE]

So I take it you agree with everything except bring back Cassel? Alright that was a little out there and I take only that back.
    BRING BACK EASON!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I couldn't agree more with this board.

Brady is married to a beautiful woman, he seems happy, they seem happy, and he's expecting a child.  He's also 32, and might be peeking past his football career knowing it won't last forever.

He also blew out his knee last year.  As in every ligament.

It might take a while for him to re-acclimate, but as long as he doesn't re-injure it, he should continue to improve.

He's 32.  He's not 52.  Modern medicine and sports training have brought players back from worse injuries, like Tommy John surgery.  

As a matter of [opinion], as long as the knee is healed and braced, I'd almost contemplate throwing light medicine balls and striking the leg with them while he throws to restore his confidence that the knee and brace will hold up to some rigor, but I'm no trainer, so...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Any lifestyle criticism is foolish. Just listen to his teammates talk about how hard he works and I think those thoughts can be put to rest. Only the casual NFL fan (but major TMZ fan) believes that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NewYorkLeon. Show NewYorkLeon's posts

Giselle a distration!?

You are all dumber then dirt if you think that she's not a distraction.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

glass knee? Lol, one knee injury and he automatically becomes fragile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]I've been saying this since he left the other one that he had the little bastar d with! All of last year Tommy Boy was being lead around by the nose by this Giselle.Hand in hand walking down Broadway,being spoon fed on the beach,shooting at photographers and the word on the street is that she just LOVES to bet on Sporting Events.All of these events occurred while the Golden Boy was supposed to be rehabbing that Glass Knee! Never once did he show up on the NE sideline! Add in the fact that she's pregneant!Distraction!? What Distarction?......WAKE UP!
    Posted by NewYorkLeon[/QUOTE]

Easy coming from a guy that dates a fat chick.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

By the way, he didn't show up on the sideline because he and his coach decided it would be a bigger distraction. He let his coaches coach Cassell and that turned out just fine. They didn't want cameras pointing to him each time Cassell missed a deep ball.

He can work out his knee for 5 days a week and if he shows up somewhere to have fun on a weekend, that automatically means he's not focused on rehab?!

Get lost, qu e e r

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

You guys do realized that he was already with her during the 2007 season right? He had this lifestyle then as well... so b/c now they are married it's different? How?

And BTW, during the Giants/Dallas game, they were showing Eli's wife - so was Eli distracted in that game as well? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLuvstheMods. Show LeonLuvstheMods's posts

Hey ap-Thanks for repeating my post !The beloved ,Tom Brady,BB loving Mods must have cut me off!F Them!   LOL

Eli's wife-I don't even know her name or what she's about and apparently neither do you!?
    We all know what Giselle does!
    I say HUGE distraction!
    You leave the blinders and I'll just sit back and watch as Tommy Boy falls apart right in front of our eyes.
    Ask your fellow fans what they think of the Golden Boy right about now!Laughable is what you so called fans are categorized as! And that's being nice!

So Gang-Who's your next QB?   LOL and you know that I am!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Yeah, I don't think his lifestyle has anything to do with it.  Sure, it's fun to make fun of his English motoring caps or his Stetsons.  And sure, he has been less than stellar so far.  But it's just part of his recovery.  We Colt fans went through that last year with a mere bursa sac injury, but Peyton still had earned the MVP by the end of the year.  Funny...I remember suggesting during the preseason that it might take some time for Brady to look himself...and let's just say that the posters around here were not receptive.  I think this is going to be a year where the Pats are going to have to scrape for wins for a while.  Good luck next week with the Falcons...rough draw.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLuvstheMods. Show LeonLuvstheMods's posts

Hey Jules-What in the H ell does that have to do with Giselle?
    Hey did Brady take her last name??

LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I don't think his lifestyle has anything to do with it.  Sure, it's fun to make fun of his English motoring caps or his Stetsons.  And sure, he has been less than stellar so far.  But it's just part of his recovery.  We Colt fans went through that last year with a mere bursa sac injury, but Peyton still had earned the MVP by the end of the year.  Funny...I remember suggesting during the preseason that it might take some time for Brady to look himself...and let's just say that the posters around here were not receptive.  I think this is going to be a year where the Pats are going to have to scrape for wins for a while.  Good luck next week with the Falcons...rough draw.
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

don't forget his sheep ads.

Sections
Shortcuts