Blandino's Explanation (NFL VP Officating)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

Blandino's Explanation (NFL VP Officating)

"restriction occured simultaneously with the ball being touched", all the while looking and pointing at a video of the play. How can this be possible? The ball wasn't anyhwere near being "touched" when Gronk was being held.  The machine is working overdrive right now.  He is stating falsehoods while the evidence is right there on the screen that refutes him.  No ambiguity. Good lord, they are trying to change facts. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Blandino's Explanation (NFL VP Officating)

They aren't allowed to come up with a different explanation after the fact- that's not how it works!

here's the profootball talk take on it

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/dean-blandino-i-wouldnt-say-the-officials-got-it-wrong/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They aren't allowed to come up with a different explanation after the fact- that's not how it works!

here's the profootball talk take on it

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/19/dean-blandino-i-wouldnt-say-the-officials-got-it-wrong/

[/QUOTE]

But he did. He is saying it is basically a timing issue when they said it was a catchability issue. The more they talk, the more questionable they become. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AFNAV130's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"restriction occured simultaneously with the ball being touched", all the while looking and pointing at a video of the play. How can this be possible? The ball wasn't anyhwere near being "touched" when Gronk was being held.  The machine is working overdrive right now.  He is stating falsehoods while the evidence is right there on the screen that refutes him.  No ambiguity. Good lord, they are trying to change facts. 

[/QUOTE]

That's a flat out LIE. If I am Kraft and the Pats, I demand a public statement. It's an insult to every fan's intelligence.

He rode Gronk all the way into the end zone, with plenty of contact and holding going on before the ball was even released.  THe impedemet was the capper.

[/QUOTE]

I concur. Don't they have lawyers? If I was Kraft, I'd quietly get some PIs (no pun intended)and do some investigation on his own. There is something really, really bad going on. When their own minions are telling falsehoods WHILE its on the screen they are using to explain it, its over. Thats what corrupt regimes do. Its here, and its here in a big way now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The flag should've been for holding. Gronk got mugged by Kookly

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

My issue with these kinds of calls is when the guy who makes the call is over-ruled by a guy way across the field.  

And the lead ref just accepts the over-ruling on a dime and then ends the game.  

To me, it's unacceptable as a fan. THere are so many things wrong with it.

1. Integrity of the game.

2. No one knows what is a penalty and what isn't anymore.

3. Applying rules at different times (or not) vs specific teams, namely ours.

This is TWICE this year where what should have been a final play in our favor, was over-turned into the favor of the opponent.

With the Jets bagob game in OT, it was reported when they were teaching teams about the new rule, they only showed players who were lined up behind the down linemen.

I am sorry, but this is unacceptable to have this many new rules every year, to the point no one knows what they are, how to uphold them fairly, and in turn, ruining the experience for the fans.

I have been mocked here for years, but there is an anti-Patriots thing not only in the media but on the field.

One set of rules for 31 teams. One special set for us.

[/QUOTE]

Dont forget one more win for the Packers last year would have given them home field for one playoff game (2 seed), and instead had to play wild card weekend. Think that Monday night replacement referee didnt have a hand in that one? Its not just the Pats, although as fans we see it clearer here. Gambling, fantasy, the coffers, all are affected. Had they not gone and changed the rules for Manning and the Colts, the Pats would have won 6 or 7 Super Bowls by now. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's a flat out LIE. If I am Kraft and the Pats, I demand a public statement. It's an insult to every fan's intelligence.

He rode Gronk all the way into the end zone, with plenty of contact and holding going on before the ball was even released.  THe impedemet was the capper.

[/QUOTE]

Having been at the game, standing in end zone seating on that end of the field - I can assure you that Gronk was nearly tackled before the INT - it was holding at least and should have been PI

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What a joke...  defending that crap .   Hey how about this balunderino...  REVIEW IT IN SLOW motion from the end zone camera.  as in reviewable.... get the call right .   Don't spin it one day later ... sh1thead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to qball369's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Having been at the game, standing in end zone seating on that end of the field - I can assure you that Gronk was nearly tackled before the INT - it was holding at least and should have been PI

[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of you and where you might be. What was the vibe like? Were the other Pats fans in a state of shock like everyone else?

[/QUOTE]

Lot's of Pats fans at the game - and the Carolina fans were all expecting the worst after the Pats tied the score, then went up 3 - they also got quiet when the Pats drove into potential TD range on the last drive - I had a few Pats fans around me,  but mostly Panther fans - and a couple of them said to me that they thought the flag being picked up was wrong - go read my other post to you on the thread about the Pats losing - most people around me, and including me, had no idea what happened at the end- no explanation - I didn't know until I got back to my hotel room

The fact that there is a headline out there saying 'no punishment for the Refs' tells you everything you need to know about that call  - Gronk was run over right in front of me

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The nfl is basically saying that they will effect the outcome of the game as they please and will not attempt to hide it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Take notice of the guy who did the intercept...  Prior to the ball arriving in the end zone this guy also had a hold of Gronk along with the other Panther.  When the first guy saw the ball coming into the end zone he let go of Gronk, stepped in front of him and caught the ball.

I couldn't be more obvious that the Panther's plan all along was for two guys to hold Gronk for the duration of the play and force Brady to throw it elsewhere.  Brady suprised them by throwing it to Gronk and therefore, the two Panthers had to quickly modify their holds; one letting go of Gronk and diving for the ball while the other tightened his hold on Gronk even more totally preventing him from any chance of reaching the ball.  Sure it was a little underthrown but Gronk is huge and if not held he would have draped himself on top of the guy and who knows perhaps snagged it from him.

You would expect that logically, any Patriot eligible to catch the ball must be afforded the opportunity to do so and that just did not happen. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

At this point, we can have the entire universe agree the call was BS to the detriment of the Pats, but, it will not change the outcome.  The NFL may have mud on its face, but the Panthers have a gift win (presuming the Pats would not have scored if given another chance) and the Pats have a tough to swallow loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

Hi all - for those of you who may think the non-call 'might' be correct:

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/what-we-know-after-the-panthers-win-over-the-patriots/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=what-we-know-after-the-panthers-win-over-the-patriots

Take a look at the picture - where the ball is, where Gronk is looking, where the Panther player are, and then tell me this no call was correct

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Yahoo Sports, hardly a Patriots cheerleader, has this as the lead for article of Blandino's response:

NFL's weak explanation of the last second call.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this point, we can have the entire universe agree the call was BS to the detriment of the Pats, but, it will not change the outcome.  The NFL may have mud on its face, but the Panthers have a gift win (presuming the Pats would not have scored if given another chance) and the Pats have a tough to swallow loss.

[/QUOTE]

^ this.

[/QUOTE]

You don't get to agree with PAts fans, Bustchise.  

[/QUOTE]
    This isn't about this game in particular, neccessarily. Its about a huge problem in the NFL, which in my mind has been exposed for years, and last night was a blatant showing of it.  The outcome can't change, but what may happen ,if say, it was exposed for the corruption the NFL is. It will be affected then, by asteriks being put next to questionable wins. Who thinks for one second, that the new "5 yard contact" DB rules weren't bought by Irsay, Polian and the Colts to help them? I bet there is documentation, emails etc out there hidden.  We just need a person with balls to leak them. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's not get to carried away here, what's good for the NFL is good for Kraft.  If he makes the NFL look bad he will only be hurting the brand that's made him 100's of millions of dollars so far with lots more to come.  

Kraft makes the same amount win or lose so believe me when I say he wants this to go away just as bad as the league office does. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let's not get to carried away here, what's good for the NFL is good for Kraft.  If he makes the NFL look bad he will only be hurting the brand that's made him 100's of millions of dollars so far with lots more to come.  

Kraft makes the same amount win or lose so believe me when I say he wants this to go away just as bad as the league office does. 

[/QUOTE]

You may be right. If thats the case, then to hell with Kraft. These guys play with the knowledge they could die on the field or be paralyzed. To mess with that is disgusting. Thats even the biggest part of the picture. The players playing under a puppet master. If they cleaned the league up, it would still be a money maker. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Life is not fair, people are not fair, the NFL is not fair. 

Still I appreciate the way the Pats play their games and conduct their business as a team. What I get as a fan is a model for how to conduct business in an enviornment that is not always fair but you work hard anyway, do the right thing, act with integrity despite that. 

One cannot control the whole outside enviornment to always make it fair but you do the right thing anyway. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Still I appreciate the way the Pats play their games and conduct their business as a team. What I get as a fan is a model for how to conduct business in an enviornment that is not always fair but you work hard anyway, do the right thing, act with integrity despite that. 

One cannot control the whole outside enviornment to always make it fair but you do the right thing anyway. 

[/QUOTE]

Thats fine and a good way to look at it. For you. How about the players? Do they not deserve fair? Not about us, Vegas, the owners, etc. About them. They pay the price and most don't get millions and millions. The NFL should be fair. That is a poor argument in an otherwise good post.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

TCAL

You are right. Kraft or any owner does not want to hurt the brand.

Despite that, the public demands integrity of the league. Kraft and the owners need to listen to the fans, the players and advertisers/sponsors that could lose confidence in the league through shoddy officiating. If the league is widely perceived as a sham; it creates a problem for advertisers. 

Thus far, the league has been very skillful in moving between sport and drama and milking fans and advertisers in the counterpoint between the 2 forces. My sense is their business acumen is exceptional and will continue as such. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] 

Thats fine and a good way to look at it. For you. How about the players? Do they not deserve fair? Not about us, Vegas, the owners, etc. About them. They pay the price and most don't get millions and millions. The NFL should be fair. That is a poor argument in an otherwise good post.

[/QUOTE]
    Everyone deserves fairness. The question is how you behave when life (the NFL in this case) is not fair.

Sometimes, the only solace one has is in oneself doing the right thing despite the consequences. I understand that players lives are affected. Their careers, their incomes etc. and that is unfortunate and painful. 

Also, it is normal to have to be angry at injustice, and it is healthy to have a sense of humor about the absurdity of these situations.

Mostly, I have been fortunate in many situations and I am grateful for that. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

The definitive proof of the screw up will be in playoffs - the fact that this ref crew WILL NOT work a playoff game is proof they screwed it up bigtime. Only good crews work playoffs....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

My issue with these kinds of calls is when the guy who makes the call is over-ruled by a guy way across the field.  

This is TWICE this year where what should have been a final play in our favor, was over-turned into the favor of the opponent.

With the Jets bagob game in OT, it was reported when they were teaching teams about the new rule, they only showed players who were lined up behind the down linemen.

I am sorry, but this is unacceptable to have this many new rules every year, to the point no one knows what they are, how to uphold them fairly, and in turn, ruining the experience for the fans.

I have been mocked here for years, but there is an anti-Patriots thing not only in the media but on the field.

[/QUOTE]

Which set of rules were used when the refs didn't call the pushing rule against the Pats in the Saints game?  Which set was being used when the refs let Gonzalez be mugged near the end of the Falcons game?  All this crying about the refs is just pathetic.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Which set of rules were used when the refs didn't call the pushing rule against the Pats in the Saints game?  Which set was being used when the refs let Gonzalez be mugged near the end of the Falcons game?  All this crying about the refs is just pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

And why arent you complaining? You spent a whole week after the ONLY flag  in NFL history for pushing on a kick was thrown on Pats to give Jets win, explaining cheating as you called it had to be penalized. You should be aghast this one was picked up - unless of course your a fraud and hypocrite,,,,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And why arent you complaining? You spent a whole week after the ONLY flag  in NFL history for pushing on a kick was thrown on Pats to give Jets win, explaining cheating as you called it had to be penalized. You should be aghast this one was picked up - unless of course your a fraud and hypocrite,,,,

[/QUOTE]

PI is a judgement call.  The ball was uncatchable.  The leg whip by cannon was not called. That bothers me.  A leg whip is not a judgement call.   

Sections
Shortcuts