Block Buster Trades

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Block Buster Trades

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fcaeca&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

which one,or ones is most likely?any guess where they land?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Block Buster Trades

Boldin is worthy of a late 1st rd pick cond 2nd/3rd in '10. Edwards might be...but prob more like a 3rd this year and a cond 1st-2nd next year. Ochocinco is an older drama queen who is worth a low 2nd or high 3rd and that is all.

As for Peppers... pick #34 and a 6 year 50-60 million deal seems fair. We could def still afford an extension for Wilfork and prob Seymour was well. Peppers is nasty. Even if he is only on the field for 70% of the snaps. As a rushing 3-4 OLB on 3rd down and 4-3 DE on 1st or 2nd he would give our D a terrifying Willie Mac type weapon, plus depth behind Sey (contract year) & Warren ( dub groin surgery) and allow guys like Crable/Woods to be relied upon less.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Based upon financial restraints none of these players will end up in a Patriots Uniform this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

After James Harrison's deal, I find the potential Peppers deal very intriguing again.  $8.5 million a year would be reasonable.  As much as I love Seymour, that would probably be his kiss goodbye after this year.  Therefore, I would either draft Jarron Gilbert or Ziggy Hood at 23, or trade up with #47 and select Tyson Jackson.

Then, the Pats could draft a DB later in the second, someone like Chung, Moore, Delmas, or Sean Smith.

I'm not sure that this is the right route to go down, as we could keep Seymour for that money and draft an OLB as well.

I don't get what the Browns are doing.  As many drops as he had last year, Edwards is still an elite wide receiver.  They are trading away all of their offensive weapons.  Who is their quarterback going to throw the ball to?  If I were the Giants, or Eagles, I would give up a first and third for him in a second.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

I still feel very strongly that the patriots are going to unload Seymour in the Peppers trade this year and draft DE/OT in the first round...

By swapping the two players the patriots would only have to forfit the 34, this would clear 9.3 million in cap space this year and that is plenty to sign Peppers throught to a long term deal becasue they can actively restructure Brady, Faulk, Light, Neal and a couple other high paid vets

this would be great because i truely think the patriots are eyeing Jason Williams for there ILB spot @ 47 or Laranitus if he is still on the board

With Las OR Williams/Guyton/Bruschi we would be all set and we could cut AQlexander loose 

I also have a feeling the Patriots will try to restructure Adalius Thomas becasue he is due 9,10,and 11 million and he is not playing up to that contract so he may either get cut or restructured... I would be happy with a combo of Peppers over Warren and Crable/Redd over Mike Wright 

All you Seymour fans need to understand YES he had a great year last year but Mike Wright is just as big and strong and he can hold up blocks at the point of attack just as well if not better 

the trouble is he will not drw doubles which is good becasue Wilfork will draw the double now and that will mean the competition will have to motion a TE or RB to Peppers side for help over the top, which means they have less targets hence a one demensional offense  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

why would you want to stunt Crables growth by "not relieing" on him as much? He was a high 3rd round pick and I want to see him as a Pats starting OLB in the next year or two. Its a waste of a pick to draft a guy and not give him a shot. The Cards are stupid if they trade Bolden and Mangina has no idea how to run an NFL team which is why he makes dumb moves like trying to trade away the entire offense and make guys like Shawn Rodgers want out of town.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

peppers makes sense ... with him on the outside your d.b,s are 30 to 40 % better anyways  a 2nd and a 4th does it for me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

[QUOTE]why would you want to stunt Crables growth by "not relieing" on him as much? He was a high 3rd round pick and I want to see him as a Pats starting OLB in the next year or two. Its a waste of a pick to draft a guy and not give him a shot. The Cards are stupid if they trade Bolden and Mangina has no idea how to run an NFL team which is why he makes dumb moves like trying to trade away the entire offense and make guys like Shawn Rodgers want out of town.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

tag is there a reason you reposted my post?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

wait did I spell "Relied" wrong? B/c "Relying" is certainly spelled wrong on your end.

If Peppers costs just pick 34, is signed to a reasonable deal like Harrison just was and doesn't prohibit the team from keeping Wilfork/others they would want re-up..... then only a fool would want to throw Woods and Crable out there on one side just b/c we drafted them (in Crable's case) over having an all-pro stud like Peppers there. This team is built to win now, not to assume a 2nd year OLB who never played a snap can be a starter for a super bowl winner.

I agree the Cards would be dumb to trade Boldin. Warner stayed for a reason and Larry Fitz would be swarmed.

Anyone who thinks we would trade Seymour, who knows our 3-4 system so well and had a great year, in the deal to get Peppers, a 4-3 DE who thinks he can be a 3-4 OLB... is also foolish.

The guy I'd dump in a Peppers trade would be Green. Then We EASILY have the space to keep Wilfork/Seymour and give Peppers 8-10 million per.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

tagandtrade,

I usually think you're spot on but I think you're way overestimating Mike Wright.  He is great as a sub package player, especially getting to the quarterback, but he is terrible against the run, and holding the point.  Seymour is better than two Mike Wrights combined at that.

I have high hopes for Crable, and think Redd has some potential, but throwing a front 7 out there that has one side occupied by Wright and Crable/Redd would be nothing short of a disaster in 2009.

That being said, I do agree that a Peppers trade could work, and it might mean that resigning Seymour will not be an option.  I don't think Seymour would be part of the trade though.  Stacking Peppers on Seymour would just be silly to opposing offensive lines.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

ram I didnt realized i spelt that wrong but since this is not a spelling bee i am really not all that worried about it, you got what i was trying to say right? then what does it matter? All i meant is just because we bring in Peppers doesnt mean we need to just forget about Crable you sounded liek getting Peppers ment we could just toss Crable and Woods to the side and thats just bad football. We drafted Crable and as far you know he could be a beast in waiting. he could be a far better OLB then pepper as far as we know at this point so all i meant was we should not stunt his development so early in his carreer, its not like he is a bust and we can give up on him, he looked great last pre season and it is way too early to call it quits just so we can get peppers on teh field.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

what are the benefits of Peppers, overpaid play when I want unproven OLB that comes at a very expensive price against an already thin cap.  So he will need to be coached into the OLB role because he is too small for DE so he will be overpowered playing a two gap or will get double teamed on the outside so he needs to move to OLB in 3-4.  He's already a "big star" who might not be as coachable as some of the rookies that can come in and help the team. 

I think this would be a bad trade for the Pats.  He's not worth what we'll need to give up.  You want to send RS, the line was the only sure thing in our D last year.  Why fix something that's not broke.  Find a way to keet RS, VM and get the guys you have (Crable) and whom ever they bring in, Barwin, English, Matthews reps to contribute as OLBs.  Lets put the Peppers talks to rest already.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80fcaeca&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true which one,or ones is most likely?any guess where they land?
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Moss:

I would add Brady Quinn to the Washington Redskins or NY Jets to this list. I can't believe that the future is now Jets plan to go into next season with Ratliff or Clemens as their starter. As for the 'Skins, Quinn is the high profile name that Danny Snyder loves...and its'  no secret that the 'Skins are disenchanted with Campbell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]     Moss:      I would add Brady Quinn to the Washington Redskins or NY Jets to this list. I can't believe that the future is now Jets plan to go into next season with Ratliff or Clemens as their starter. As for the 'Skins, Quinn is the high profile name that Danny Snyder loves...and its'  no secret that the 'Skins are disenchanted with Campbell.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    texas-I didnt think about Quinn.but the jets could be a possible landing spot.i didnt think the redskins were in a huge need of a QB,but the way they throw money around.why not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Pyg,

Great point, my biggest concern is always staying good and the extension on wright means the Patriots value him more so than Green. If you remember Green replaced Sey of r 10 Games in 07 and he played very nice so for the Patriots to make a move on Wright tells me they think Wright has more upside than Jarvis Green...

Crabel could be just as good as Woodley is for the Steelers he has all the tools and the length, and Redd is the same player only bigger and faster... In two years you may find these two will be very productive

If the Offense is going to be better than 07, potentially than i think it would be a great year to dump the old cats and throw the young guys into the fire

thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

Let me put it to you this way:  Boldin is worth more than any receiver that will be drafted this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jiminycricket. Show jiminycricket's posts

yawn yawn yawn

speculating on trades is like speculating on the weather

peppers or boldin would be sweet to have here, but the price is too high. it'll never happen. end of story. what are we the redskins?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]texas-I didnt think about Quinn.but the jets could be a possible landing spot.i didnt think the redskins were in a huge need of a QB,but the way they throw money around.why not.

Moss:

Remember, the Redskins bent over backwards to land Jay Cutler. They tried to unload current QB Jason Campbell for a second round pick...but had no takers. Campbell is in his contract year...and will be a free agent in 2010. The 'Skins want him gone.

As for the Jets, after all the money they spent to built their OL and defense, I can't see them going into the season with Kullen Clemens or Ratliff as their starting QB.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Moss:      Remember, the Redskins bent over backwards to land Jay Cutler. They tried to unload current QB Jason Campbell for a second round pick...but had no takers. Campbell is in his contract year...and will be a free agent in 2010. The 'Skins want him gone.      As for the Jets, after all the money they spent to built their OL and defense, I can't see them going into the season with Kullen Clemens or Ratliff as their starting QB.
    Posted by TexasPat3

I could see the Jests doing that. They are the Jests, after all! But Ryan came from Baltimore. And they were the ones who stuck with Kyle Boller! He expects the defense to win games, not the offense. As long as his QB doesn't turn the ball over he's happy. As for the Redskins, they've kind of given up on Campbell. And Snyder loves big signings. I could definitely see a draft day trade for Brady Quinn. The question is, do they have enough to pay Mangina's price?

I don't see them getting Peppers in here. Not a matter of can he help out, just the numbers aren't good. I see Jason Taylor as more of a possibility (but not until training camp starts). Peppers hasn't signed the tender, so that restricts the Panthers from making a deal. Bolden would be a great addition to most teams, but his price may be an issue. Philly or Chicago could sure use a WR of his caliber. But they've both spent picks on trades already. Maybe Peppers and Boldin are stuck where they're at for 09. Anything can happen, though.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

A Tony Gonzalez trade could also be made by draft day. The Atlanta Falcons have already offered their second round pick, 55th overall, for TG: http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/18/waters-gonzalez-not-at-chiefs-minicamp/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

well who is the first player traded today in the draft?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]well who is the first player traded today in the draft?

ocho cinco

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think the list is looong.

Potential traded players. Wow.

Anyone in a Browns uni? If they take Raji, Rogers is a goner. Braylon Edwards of course, but I doubt they bring in a WR.

The Rams could grab a Qb and deal Bulger. They could deal Bulger anyhow. Rumors exist that the Jests want him.

Ocho Cinco maybe.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

well they are saying after the draft to start looking for the trades,and big signings.todd heap,and shockey were mentioned.plaxico to the jets?it will be intreasting.

Sections
Shortcuts