Blount In, Bolden Out?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Blount In, Bolden Out?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If Ridley is going to shy away from contact, I'd say take Blount and Bolden over Ridley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I disagree. I think they're different runners. I think Ridley is kind of like a runner who makes a lot more action motion with how he runs. Bolden is way more efficient, IMO. If you get the results, it doesn't matter how it looks. It only appears like RIdley is more explosive because of how he runs.  Bolden is explosive, his style comes off more subdued.

It's like comparing Barry Sanders, all his moves and efforts to get 4 yards and the long, smooth and efficient gait of Eric Dickerson. And no, not comparing Ridley and Bolden to them, just how running styles vary.

Bolden is the superior pass receiver, too.  I would describe as quietly quick to the hole and more of a slithering kind of a Curtis Martin thing where you look up and wonder how he just got 5 yards.

I am not comparing the talent levels or projection as the next Curtis Martin, so the Mt Hurls and the other reading comprehension challenged, can just forget it.

I want to see Blount look great with our 1st team and agains the opponent before I write off what Bolden can do here based on what we saw last year. 

Right now, we don't have a legit goal line back. I think Bolden can do that.  Blount? Maybe. He's not completely known for that, but he probably can be groomed to do that.  I'd like the goal line back to also be a serious threat as a pass catcher, too.

I'd also like to see Ridley scaled back a bit, even if he wins the lead back role.  I'd like see Ridley and Bolden used similarly, with a tad more Bolden this year. Unless of course, it isn't justified in doing so.

Could be Rusty.  Maybe I'll go back and look at the film of Brandon to relook at some of his runs.  I do agree he catches much better than Ridley, and that could be a big plus because we'd all like to see more from the backs in the passing game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Both are 5'11" 220 pounds, both are SEC backs who have average inline speed (4.5) but were productive, team captains, showed the ability to follow blockers with a patient running style and a quick burst through the hole. Ridley was a 3rd round pick, some considered him a reach in the 3rd, Bolden went undrafted but they mirror each other in every way... hopefully Bolden has a better grip on the ball.  

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen, they can be found, if Ridley can't hold onto the ball then use Bolden.  I've wanted a big ground and pound back like Blount for a long time but I'm not convinced he is that guy?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Both are 5'11" 220 pounds, both are SEC backs who have average inline speed (4.5) but were productive, team captains, showed the ability to follow blockers with a patient running style and a quick burst through the hole. Ridley was a 3rd round pick, some considered him a reach in the 3rd, Bolden went undrafted but they mirror each other in every way... hopefully Bolden has a better grip on the ball.  

Runningbacks are a dime a dozen, they can be found, if Ridley can't hold onto the ball then use Bolden.  I've wanted a big ground and pound back like Blount for a long time but I'm not convinced he is that guy?

BB moved away from big backs, used players from other positions to fill role of blocking and short yardage situations. We didn't have one after "shot in the leg" Pass...until Evans.

I guess it depends on the kinds of offense BB wants to run