Blount Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Blount Update

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put these two in the same sentence - Dillon had power as soon as the ball was handed to him - that's a rare trait that few guys have...that ability to be powerful without having to build up a head of steam. Blount doesn't have that. Blount - although bigger - is nowhere near the powerful runner Dillon was. And Dillon ran angry - he tried to hurt people - he should of been playing linebacker the way he ran. I think Blount proved he could be effective in certain situations for this team, but I'm not going to get all excited just because he had a good December when half the teams we played were thinking about their golf vacations. 

[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly +1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Most of the good free agents are signed.  If nobody else wants Blount,  Jonathan Kraft and the brain trust will certainly take him back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Let him go. had some good games last year, BB can fill the spot in the draft if need be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

AFCCG vs Denver Brady +7 yards rushing, Blount +6  they can find another runner

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put these two in the same sentence - Dillon had power as soon as the ball was handed to him - that's a rare trait that few guys have...that ability to be powerful without having to build up a head of steam. Blount doesn't have that. Blount - although bigger - is nowhere near the powerful runner Dillon was. And Dillon ran angry - he tried to hurt people - he should of been playing linebacker the way he ran. I think Blount proved he could be effective in certain situations for this team, but I'm not going to get all excited just because he had a good December when half the teams we played were thinking about their golf vacations. 

[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly +1

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree that Dillon and Blount don't belong in the same discussion.  A minor point on Dillon, if I may.  Corey Dillon made a practice of 'getting small' going through the line to reduce his profile.  Once through the line he became the running  beast that is his well-deserved reputation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Free agent LeGarrette Blount will visit the Steelers on Sunday night.

It will be Blount's first action of free agency. The Patriots remain interested in re-signing Blount but want the market to decide how much to pay him. There are reportedly other teams interested in Blount, but they're unknown at this point. Blount is a powerful hammer back who can get what's blocked but possesses no wiggle and stones for hands. He'd be a decent No. 2 to Le'Veon Bell.  

Seems Pats should be able to bring him back at a reasonable price. 

[/QUOTE]

After testing the market, he will probably come back and say, "I love New England.  I'll never leave here.  This team gave me my chance.  I couldn't play elsewhere."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly +1

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree that Dillon and Blount don't belong in the same discussion.  A minor point on Dillon, if I may.  Corey Dillon made a practice of 'getting small' going through the line to reduce his profile.  Once through the line he became the running  beast that is his well-deserved reputation.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah he was a little more compact, I will say I've seen him take plenty of shoots when he was running a little too upright as well...but it didn't matter much with him, the defenders just bounced off him. He may of been one of the more powerful backs I've seen. Eddie George was an upright runner, he too took a lot of shots high...not many people can run like that...I'd put Blount in the category of not being able to run like that, effectively anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

my thoughts exactly +1

Yeah he was a little more compact, I will say I've seen him take plenty of shoots when he was running a little too upright as well...but it didn't matter much with him, the defenders just bounced off him. He may of been one of the more powerful backs I've seen. Eddie George was an upright runner, he too took a lot of shots high...not many people can run like that...I'd put Blount in the category of not being able to run like that, effectively anyway.

Corey at 225lbs compared to Blount at 250lbs was not only faster/quicker, he ran behind his shoulder pads while, as you stated, Blount runs more up-right. Add all this up and you have a more compact faster back who by virtue of his running posture and speed makes him a smaller target in the hole who has better forward momentum and leverage against initial contact and exposure to contact is for a shorter measure of time. Translation: Corey Dillon was by far a better NFL RB with better natural physical skills than Blount and they have nothing in common except for being running backs on the in the NFL with the PATS at one time or another. Blount and Antowain Smith, may be a better comparison.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

AFCCG vs Denver Brady +7 yards rushing, Blount +6  they can find another runner

[/QUOTE]

He should be brought back at a reasonable price. He ran good and hard.. When I say everybody played bad in that game I mean everybody.