Blount...5 carries?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Blount...5 carries?

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly the opposite is true. 

The patriots should have gone 5 WR, empty backfield, and done the Charlie Weiss treatment to the Broncos who were forced into starting Champ Bailey at CB.

But the Patriots don't have 5 WRs. 

Which mean Mr. Kraft needs to spend some $$$

[/QUOTE]

Exactly the point. We drafted wideouts but either it's because they are rookies and need experience or we need to draft better wideouts. Either way Boyce and Thomkins aren't the answer right now.   Much of what happened this year was just poor dumb bad luck. If all had gone well we would have had Edelman, Hernandez, Gronk, etc. But unfortunately the roof caved in. I still question letting Welker walk. His age is just an excuse. He is still a good receiver and letting Woodhead walk was a huge error as well. 

Right or wrong those are my views. 

Hetch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

To those that say I didn't watch the game? I assure you, I watched the entire game. 

Some say Blount had his chance after 5 carries and was getting nowwhere. Excuse me, Brady overthrew Edleman and Collie on 2 crucial passes and other mistakes but, that didn't stop the passing game did it?

Look, everyone knows Denver's run D is better that their pass D. But, I argue that Blount is the type back to break out of that Denver frontline and rip off 50 yarders or more. The argument here is about whether we need WR's and yes we do. But the past 2 weeks we've seen a Patriots run game that was tearing it up. What we lack in WR's we have in RB's. Bolden seems to do very well if he gets the ball. He's good on outlet passes as well. Big bruiser. We have Develin. Use him to loosen up the Denver line and ley Blount pound it through. 

I mean Ridley, Vereen, Bolden and Blount along with Develin were all healthy as far as I know. Blount also has very fresh legs. The sports media marveled at Blount's recent performances. It was quite obvious Brady (and the whole team honestly except perhaps Jamie Collins) was having an off day. He was not "on" at all. Meanwhile, they've got 5 backs ready to go and can do the job. The Patriots look awesome when they try and balance the rushes with pass attempts. I don't know why they didn't at least give it a few more goes with regards to running the ball. Maybe a plan that didn't relie too much on north/south run plays. I'm just saying that Patriots had a bunch of healthy backs who didn't get much of a chance. I'm willing to bet that sooner or later, Blount, Ridley, Vereen or Bolden would have broken one off for a big gain. Sometimes that's all it takes. 

That's always been the beef with McDaniels here hasn't it? He relies too much on Brady and goes with him too much when he's obviously off. Yesterday? Brady was off, time to get some run plays in. Get these healthy backs with relatively fresh legs out there but at least give them as much opportunity as you do Brady and the WR's. 

16 rushing attempts to 38 passing attempts. Brady makes that pass to Edelman and we try another 10 rushing attempts? Might have been a different game.

But all of this is chatter now. The reality is that there's was no one person that blew this game. It took the entire team. Great season especially in light of the injuries. This was a tough team where every single player seemed to contribute. A lot of guys got playing time they might otherwise have not. That's a good thing. Looking to next season, there's a lot of players that have some time under their belts and playoff experience. So, there are very much positives to take away from this year IMO.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mrbungle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really? 5 times he gets the ball?

FIVE times? I'd say he deserved to get more touches. He earned it. 

TB overthrew the ball several times to open receivers. He's been consistant with doing this over the entire season. It pains me to say this but Manning doesn't do this. 

Jamie Collins is for real. He brought it today like he has the past 2 games. Chandler Jones should have been in Mannings face all day. He's supposed to be THE pass rusher of this team. I've lost most of the hopes I've had for this guy. 

I do hope we sign Blount to at least a 2 year deal. 

We had probably be wise to draft another QB in this draft. 

I'd be perfectly fine if we drafted all defensive players this year. 

Finally, McDaniels has GOT to go. BB said he could have done better. But, Josh does the game plan. McDaniels has this habit of trying to hard to change the game plan week to week. Blount gets carries and he comes up big. JM thinks Denver is ready for him so, Blount gets 5 carries. The Patriots rode on Blounts back to this game and then they drop him like he's radioactive? 

Hello? Who came up with this?

[/QUOTE]

It's mindboggling, but that's what happens when you open up a game with your QB in the shotgun or using playaction as a gimmick instead with a methodical purpose.

Basically they ran amuck over Baltimore, Buffalo and Indy because they were wearing them down.  I could see if NE was down by 14+ early or something, but they weren't.

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is, that BB came up with a poor game plan?  Instead of attacking the weak part of Denver's D, he should have attacked the stronger part?  God, what an idiot you are.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Really? 5 times he gets the ball?

FIVE times? I'd say he deserved to get more touches. He earned it. 

TB overthrew the ball several times to open receivers. He's been consistant with doing this over the entire season. It pains me to say this but Manning doesn't do this. 

Jamie Collins is for real. He brought it today like he has the past 2 games. Chandler Jones should have been in Mannings face all day. He's supposed to be THE pass rusher of this team. I've lost most of the hopes I've had for this guy. 

I do hope we sign Blount to at least a 2 year deal. 

We had probably be wise to draft another QB in this draft. 

I'd be perfectly fine if we drafted all defensive players this year. 

Finally, McDaniels has GOT to go. BB said he could have done better. But, Josh does the game plan. McDaniels has this habit of trying to hard to change the game plan week to week. Blount gets carries and he comes up big. JM thinks Denver is ready for him so, Blount gets 5 carries. The Patriots rode on Blounts back to this game and then they drop him like he's radioactive? 

Hello? Who came up with this?

[/QUOTE]

Manning overthrew 3 guys yesterday. 1 was on third down and the only time they left the field without scoring..tsk tsk

Maybe Bounts 6 yards for those 5 carries had something to do with that????

BB:  "you might as well call QB sneaks"

Brady 2/7  and a TD

Blount 5/6 and benched.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

This is the run game you wanted to stay with?  Bwahahahahahahahaaha!

1. Blount - 0 
    2. Blount -1
    3. Ridley - 5
    4. Ridley - 0
    5. Blount - 3
    6. Blount - 2
    7. Blount - 0

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty is right, guys.  He has been for years.  When we abandon the run and get married to the passing game, we lose big games.  Has happened over and over again.  Too bad we didn't give Blount a chance to get going today.  oh well.

[/QUOTE]

Blount was going nowhere. The offensive line couldn't open a hole today for Jimmy Brown or Barry Sanders. They were dominited by Denver. 

[/QUOTE]

Here is the problem: When they subbed Blount back in, it tipped them off that he was now going to be the guy to get the obligatory carry.

Shades of 2011 when they were subbing BJGE in and out and expecting the O Line to block well and dominate in spots. It doesn't work that way.

If you're leaning towards some passing in the gameplan and you don't like Blount as a pass receiver out of the backfield, then you better put RIdley in there and get him a touch as a pass receiver. If you just use Vereen for that, it's too obvious.

I liked last week when they had Vereen in there, but then kicked him up into the slot on 3rd down, the obvious passing down.

I would have liked to have seen mostly two back sets in first half.  

[/QUOTE]

Warnings were out, moron.  When the opposing QB passes amuck, you don't win.  Manning had the most yards EVER for a Bronco playoff game.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well I think we all knew Blount has the ability to have games like this, he's not quick enough to go through small spaces and that's what Denver did...made the spaces small. It's called good run D - you know, the stuff we used to be able to do.

Truth is none of it mattered, nothing matters when your defense gives up 500 yards in the AFC championship game. Has that ever been done before? Is that a record? And to think they were out there for that long without our offense turning the ball over once. You can't win like that...running/not running, throwing/not throwing makes no difference when your defense craps

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly the opposite is true. 

The patriots should have gone 5 WR, empty backfield, and done the Charlie Weiss treatment to the Broncos who were forced into starting Champ Bailey at CB.

But the Patriots don't have 5 WRs. 

Which mean Mr. Kraft needs to spend some $$$

[/QUOTE]

Needs to spend some $$$ on a new GM.

Time to read BB the riot act. Coach only, or move on.

[/QUOTE]

babe. maybe you're right.Kraft may have to decide, BB is either GM or Coach. He's been winning no doubt, but the product keeps coming up empty with results. Kraft may need to visit it. BB is too close to the product and he doesn't see the flaws or thinks Kraft will settle with winning during the regular season and be happy.

The  biggest indicators are 2006 AFCG game, SBs 42 and 46 where the defense couldn't hold to close the game out, after the offense got the lead.

BB needs to build a bullet proof defense, so the offense doesn't always have to bail out the team.

The past 2 AFCCGs speak for themsleves, out coached 

13 winning seasons should equal more ROI

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

The running game was not abandoned. They had 16 yards on 8 carries midway through the third quarter (they had only run 24 offensive plays to that point). After that they were down 17 points and it was too late to "establish" the run game. They needed points.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The running game was not abandoned. They had 16 yards on 8 carries midway through the third quarter (they had only run 24 offensive plays to that point). After that they were down 17 points and it was too late to "establish" the run game. They needed points.

[/QUOTE]

sure it was.

did seattle abandon the ruuning game?

No, it actually starting working and wearing down SFs defense.

why do you think hey 24 offensive plays?

cause midget brain JMcD kept calling for bombs instead of long sustained drives.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I think we all knew Blount has the ability to have games like this, he's not quick enough to go through small spaces and that's what Denver did...made the spaces small. It's called good run D - you know, the stuff we used to be able to do.

Truth is none of it mattered, nothing matters when your defense gives up 500 yards in the AFC championship game. Has that ever been done before? Is that a record? And to think they were out there for that long without our offense turning the ball over once. You can't win like that...running/not running, throwing/not throwing makes no difference when your defense craps

[/QUOTE]

When your offense fiddles with itself and has the D on the field so much, it's not hard to do that especially against the all time greatest offense in NFL history, at home and in perfect 60 degree weather.

Has there ever been a HOF QB to not string together two good postseason games in a row, in a decade like Brady?

lol

[/QUOTE]

Has there ever been a HOF defensive genius that repeatedly (year after year) puts out some of the worst defenses in the league and can't string together two good games?

Heads need to roll.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They weren't able to run the ball against Denver today.  Did that really surprise you?  If you can't run then you pretty much need to pass. 

[/QUOTE]

They tried running Blount 5 times inside. I said it before, Denver's middle is pretty good, knighton is a load. Why run at him? We should have run off tackle or around the edges all day with Ridley and Vereen. Did you see Vereen get stuffed at the end on the 2 pt conversion? Because he ran over the guard. Bad game planning period. We should have spread Denver out with wide runs and then lots of receivers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They weren't able to run the ball against Denver today.  Did that really surprise you?  If you can't run then you pretty much need to pass. 

[/QUOTE]

Umm, you call that trying to run the ball? LOL!

Pathetic excuse.

[/QUOTE]

Running against #26 ranked Colts and # 28th ranked Bills isn't the same as running against # 7 ranked Denver.    Learn the game!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Brady had more rushing yards than Blount?

If that's the case, Blount should call Bernie Parmalee and see if UPS is hiring.

They clamped down the run, so it was time to pass.

The problem was Danny "Worst Free Agent Signing Since Last Worst Free Agent Signing" Amdenola was nowhere to be found, the failed QB turned kick returner turned wideout was not helping, the special teams guy dropped his only pass, the rookie had one nice catch, and the blocking tight ends probably had negative YAC.

OH, and the waiver wire guy was the star.

Misery.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, you call that trying to run the ball? LOL!

Pathetic excuse.

[/QUOTE]

Running against #26 ranked Colts and # 28th ranked Bills isn't the same as running against # 7 ranked Denver.    Learn the game!

[/QUOTE]

Bingo! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When your offense fiddles with itself and has the D on the field so much, it's not hard to do that especially against the all time greatest offense in NFL history, at home and in perfect 60 degree weather.

Has there ever been a HOF QB to not string together two good postseason games in a row, in a decade like Brady?

lol

[/QUOTE]

Has there ever been a HOF defensive genius that repeatedly (year after year) puts out some of the worst defenses in the league and can't string together two good games?

Heads need to roll.

[/QUOTE]

Heads need to roll with the D losing as many starters as they did and the D allowing 26 points to the best offense of all time on the road?

LOL!

Social services should be called and your kids should be rescued from their psycho daddy named Pezzy.

Pezzy makes nonsensical commentary on the BDC Pats board for a living with fresh stock of Brady dolls in his closet. lol

[/QUOTE]

26 points on 7 possessions.  You do know most games are 12, right?

Do you undertand that?   nah... that would take a brain.

We all know yours is preserved in alcohol.

So, tell us.  When does the defensive genius put out a good D?

I thought nothing could be worse than that 2011 D, boy was I wrong. 

Getting worse every year.  Scores on all but one possession.  No T/o's, no 3 & outs, no sacks, no hits, allowed the O, 7, freaken possessions.  Hard to beat that one.  At least there were 8 possessions in 11.  Hey, maybe next year they can get it down to a 6 possession game.  That would be awesome.

Maybe you're too busy playing with dolls to notice it's SUCKED for years. eh?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts