Blount...5 carries?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Blount...5 carries?

Really? 5 times he gets the ball?

FIVE times? I'd say he deserved to get more touches. He earned it. 

TB overthrew the ball several times to open receivers. He's been consistant with doing this over the entire season. It pains me to say this but Manning doesn't do this. 

Jamie Collins is for real. He brought it today like he has the past 2 games. Chandler Jones should have been in Mannings face all day. He's supposed to be THE pass rusher of this team. I've lost most of the hopes I've had for this guy. 

I do hope we sign Blount to at least a 2 year deal. 

We had probably be wise to draft another QB in this draft. 

I'd be perfectly fine if we drafted all defensive players this year. 

Finally, McDaniels has GOT to go. BB said he could have done better. But, Josh does the game plan. McDaniels has this habit of trying to hard to change the game plan week to week. Blount gets carries and he comes up big. JM thinks Denver is ready for him so, Blount gets 5 carries. The Patriots rode on Blounts back to this game and then they drop him like he's radioactive? 

Hello? Who came up with this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Blount...5 carries?

if blount doesnt have a gaping 5 foot hole he looks like Maroney to me, he dances around.

Ridley is more consistent at getting 4-7 but cant hit the HR...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if blount doesnt have a gaping 5 foot hole he looks like Maroney to me, he dances around.

[/QUOTE]

Ridley? FIVE carries.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Rusty is right, guys.  He has been for years.  When we abandon the run and get married to the passing game, we lose big games.  Has happened over and over again.  Too bad we didn't give Blount a chance to get going today.  oh well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rusty is right, guys.  He has been for years.  When we abandon the run and get married to the passing game, we lose big games.  Has happened over and over again.  Too bad we didn't give Blount a chance to get going today.  oh well.

[/QUOTE]

5 drives for 60 yards or more from Denver. When they handed off early it didn't work at all and they ended up in catchup mode.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ridley? FIVE carries.

[/QUOTE]

yup that was bad imo. but our offense barely had the ball and was down early and the D was giving up 8 minute drives. they felt the urgency and didnt wanna stick with the run the way the D was playing...

I didn't like the calls but, oh well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Exactly the opposite is true. 

The patriots should have gone 5 WR, empty backfield, and done the Charlie Weiss treatment to the Broncos who were forced into starting Champ Bailey at CB.

But the Patriots don't have 5 WRs. 

Which mean Mr. Kraft needs to spend some $$$

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

Good grief. Blount was useless today. The score would have been 30-0 by the time Blount got untracked, if ever. The Broncos called the Pats bluff and stopped Blount and forced the Pats to win passing it and they couldn't do it without good defense. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He did absolutely nothing to earn a 6th carry.  I guess you weren't watching the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Blount... 6 yards!?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

He did absolutely nothing to earn a 6th carry.  I guess you weren't watching the game.

[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Some people are on life support with this thing. 

I wouldn't call another Blount play if you paid me. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Exactly the opposite is true. 

The patriots should have gone 5 WR, empty backfield, and done the Charlie Weiss treatment to the Broncos who were forced into starting Champ Bailey at CB.

But the Patriots don't have 5 WRs. 

Which mean Mr. Kraft needs to spend some $$$

[/QUOTE]

Needs to spend some $$$ on a new GM.

Time to read BB the riot act. Coach only, or move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

TB overthrew the ball several times to open receivers. He's been consistant with doing this over the entire season. It pains me to say this but Manning doesn't do this. 

Jamie Collins is for real. He brought it today like he has the past 2 games. Chandler Jones should have been in Mannings face all day. He's supposed to be THE pass rusher of this team. I've lost most of the hopes I've had for this guy. 

Finally, McDaniels has GOT to go. BB said he could have done better. But, Josh does the game plan. McDaniels has this habit of trying to hard to change the game plan week to week. Blount gets carries and he comes up big. JM thinks Denver is ready for him so, Blount gets 5 carries. The Patriots rode on Blounts back to this game and then they drop him like he's radioactive? 

[/QUOTE]

Just think, if he had gotten just 10 more carries, that would have been an additional 12 yards in offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Blount did nothing in the 1st half. It was obvious the running game was not going to work.

They scored 3 points in entire 1st half.  The defense couldnt get off the field and get any extra possessions.  The last thing Pats needed to do was run in 2nd half and waste even more time.

You cant run when you are being dominated and the defense isnt getting off the field. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

By the way - it isn't Blount's fault he couldn't run

The patriots O-Line played horribly and got manhandles all day.  Another reason why a spread offense might have helped.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

This post brought to you by someone who obviously didn't watch the game.  Because anybody who did knows that Blount got about 3 MORE carries than he should have today.

Also, Manning had exactly as many overthrows and missed connections downfield as Brady did.  Missed a long throw down the left sideline to D. Thomas, missed Decker wide open in the end zone on their first scoring drive, and missed Decker on another one on the deep left sideline.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They seem to abandon the run way too early. Why not try to wear them down?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Right.  He was running straight into a concrete wall.  

In order to weaken the wall he should have been given the ball another 30 times or so.

Of course the NFL only allows 4 downs to make a 1st down, so I think we would have run out of possessions before he got to 35.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They need to bring Blount back

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/2014/01/19/legarrette-blount-somber-after-loss-broncos/fuj1nHQFkezpiMcBbc0eGP/video.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what game you were watching but Blount got almost no yards on those first five carries. The line was opening no holes for him. Denvers defense was keying on the run and Blount had no where to. Barry Sanders couldn'y have done much better.

As for Brady he overthrew the one pass to Edelman early but the right sideline pass if on target would have been covered. The TV crew commenting on that play and the overthrow if you want to call it that into the end zone was covered like a blanket as well.

Brady has Ecelman only and a bunch of stiffs to throw to. Amendola's a joke. Vereens okay but with only one decent slot receiver and Vereen who can't get open Brady has no one to throw to. Welker should be there along with Woodhead, say all you want about Welker but when Brady needed an outlet most games when no one else could get open Welker was there.

Hetch   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Blount was going nowhere. The offensive line couldn't open a hole today for Jimmy Brown or Barry Sanders. They were dominited by Denver. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

even a Giants fan knows how ridiculous this is as is Rusty's silly hate for Tom Brady (who is the only reason Pats got where they have as usual). Your team can't run well enough to establish anything and ur D basically blows against good passing teams and/or in the big spot and has for years. Yeah u should have kept trying to run and when Peyton had shredded ur D even worse with all the three and outs given to him and it was 30-0 then u would have abandoned it

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This may be the single dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I've read tens of thousands of dumb things.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This may be the single dumbest thing I've ever read here. And I've read tens of thousands of dumb things.

[/QUOTE]

Rusty must have paid him to look this foolish in public

Sections
Shortcuts