Blowhard Ray Lewis Being Called Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Blowhard Ray Lewis Being Called Out

Last Monday night, Ravens' icon Ray Lewis called out his old team for being void of leadership. Below is an excerp from an article in the Baltimore Sun:

In the wake of Pro Bowl kick returner Jacoby Jones allegedly being struck in the head by a bottle on a party bus early Monday morning while celebrating the 34th birthday of offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie, retired inside linebacker Ray Lewis questioned the Ravens' leadership again.

For the second time this month in his new role as an ESPN analyst, the two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year said the Ravens have a leadership void following his retirement and the offseason departure of Ed Reed to the Houston Texans.

"We talk about the transition of losing so many guys, a guy like myself and Ed Reed and other guys that are based off leadership, I've said it earlier: 'Where would the leadership come from?'" Lewis said on ESPN in Oakland prior to the Denver Broncos' win over the Raiders. "Because the leadership being strong in the locker room and winning games, listen talent sometimes can win you games. But when you talk about what's going on off the field, that's the most important place where leadership steps up.

"When you think about the Baltimore Ravens and the transition that they went through, they're missing leadership right now. When you have an incident like that, the first thing a leader is going to do is find some way to dissolve everything that's going on and actually dissolve it before it comes to that type of head or even gets to that point. When you talk about the Baltimore Ravens they're going to have to refocus and find some quick leaders in that locker room very quickly." http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ray-lewis-questions-ravens-leadership-issue-following-jacoby-jones-incident-20130924,0,1084883.story

Apparently, some of Ray-Ray's former teammates, and a few members of the Baltimore press, are tiring of Ray's self serving statements: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-mike-preston-ray-lewis-needs-to-stop-being-so-selfserving-20130924,0,1220095.story

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Blowhard Ray Lewis Being Called Out

Ok, so yea its kind of tooting your own horn when you call out a team for not having a leader, knowing YOU were the leader there for the last 15 years. I could see why they would be rubbed the wrong way, but I will ask? IS he Wrong?  Why is he a blowhard for being right? Call him whatever you want, but he didnt lie. He works for espn now and I cant understand why others dont understand people have a job to do. If you sell cars, you are gonna LIE to get sales. He is actually telling the truth.

This is no different than Rusty busting a gasket because Rodney failed to "Call out Brady for his Horrible postseasons"  lol

These guys work for ESPN, CBS, etc They dont work for their Former teams so why should he care what they think?

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not a Ray Lewis fan at all, other then loved how he played the game.  I  must say the dude went out like a Boss!  Retired after willing his team to the Super Bowl and then winning.... career endings don't get any better then that.

Dedicated to fitness, made improvements to his fitness level even at the end of his career instead of taking the easy road and just riding out his final days on based on his name.  Respect.

Great motivator, especially to teen's.  If you have not seen some of his locker room talks or motivations speeches to teenagers, check them out on youtube.  They are amazing.

One of the greatest footballers of all time.

I think he has earned the right to criticize his former team.  But yeah, I am tired of hearing about him.  He needs to just go away for a while and remain quiet.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Ok, so yea its kind of tooting your own horn when you call out a team for not having a leader, knowing YOU were the leader there for the last 15 years. I could see why they would be rubbed the wrong way, but I will ask? IS he Wrong?  Why is he a blowhard for being right? Call him whatever you want, but he didnt lie. He works for espn now and I cant understand why others dont understand people have a job to do. If you sell cars, you are gonna LIE to get sales. He is actually telling the truth.

This is no different than Rusty busting a gasket because Rodney failed to "Call out Brady for his Horrible postseasons"  lol

These guys work for ESPN, CBS, etc They dont work for their Former teams so why should he care what they think?

Why is Lewis "right"? Sure, such off field behavior by some Raven's plyers was idiotic and immature. But, does this necessarily mean that the Ravens as a team lack leadership? After getting blown away via seven (7) TD passes by the Horseface in Denver, the Ravens have bounced back nicely with home wins over Cleveland and Houston. In those two games, the Baltimore defense which was responsible for the Denver debacle has not allowed a TD. Sounds like somebody or somebodies on that defense have responded to the opening game humiliation, and have stepped up, doesn't it?

If you're going to point a finger and scream lack of leadership because of a bad off-field incident, are you going to fault the Patriots for "lack of leadership" due to the Aaron Hernandez situation, too?

Folks, There comes a time when we need to stop looking to blame others for why bad off-field acts are committed, and instead place the blame where it belongs...on those who actually commit the bad acts.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Not a Lewis fan at all. I still think he's a killer like Hernandez.  Ray that's a nice hand shaped bruise  on your back there. Is there anything else that's great about you that you would like to share?  Maybe you can just spoon feed it too us all season long.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Why is Lewis "right"? Sure, such off field behavior by some Raven's plyers was idiotic and immature. But, does this necessarily mean that the Ravens as a team lack leadership? After getting blown away via seven (7) TD passes by the Horseface in Denver, the Ravens have bounced back nicely with home wins over Cleveland and Houston. In those two games, the Baltimore defense which was responsible for the Denver debacle has not allowed a TD. Sounds like somebody or somebodies on that defense have responded to the opening game humiliation, and have stepped up, doesn't it?

If you're going to point a finger and scream lack of leadership because of a bad off-field incident, are you going to fault the Patriots for "lack of leadership" due to the Aaron Hernandez situation, too?

Folks, There comes a time when we need to stop looking to blame others for why bad off-field acts are committed, and instead place the blame where it belongs...on those who actually commit the bad acts.   

are you serious right now?  Let me clarify for you. I posted on the subject since you brought it our attention.  IF not I would NEVER know about ANY of these things. You know Why? I DONT WACTH ESPN! I dont care what anybody has to say on tv about football. I WATCH FOOTBALL. I love the Game. I hate the sidebar stuff and people putting athletes lives under microscopes. IN this particular instance It comes as like rusty. Hating a player and finding more reasons to. I dont spend my days hating people and have no malice in my heart. Im not gonna JUDGE him from afar. ALL I did is say he was right. I didnt say whatever happened on some party bus(really,  a party bus for a 34 y/o, thats why I dont look for this shyt) was the direct result of Ray not being there but If you can sit here and say the Ravens HAVENT lost any leadership After 2 hall of famers who were known to be 2 of the best students in the game have departed, you are delusional just like Rusty.

AND like Rusty you had to bring up Hernandez in a "see why dont people say bad things about x,y.z" It makes you look like a litte tattle tale. I love you report cards and what u do on here but leave the side bar stuff alone. If you let it consume you, YOU look like the fool. Let the  man live. He doesnt play anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Everyone on here chiming in on how Bad Ray lewis is as a person, stating he is murderer, I cant stand him...etc.

Just think about it. WHo has the gun to your head making you watch him?? Where in the limo were you sitting when those men were killed?  I thought so.

Im not religous but the saying "He who casts the first stone" ? Yea...Read it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

So, you don't think Lewis and ESPN are hypocritical?  It was beyond awkward when Cris Carter asked Lewis his opinion on the Hernandez thing in Week 1.

Would you want to work with a double murderer? How creepy.

I dont watch Chit that gets me mad. Simple. I may work with anyone, I dont follow people home and stalk their lives like you guys do here. I will just leave this thread and let you girls continue to express your hate for an ex player.  You are one of the biggest creeps on the board and you try to get into peoples lives here and judge them also. If YOU had a life, I doubt you would be so concerned with others. See ya guys! Haters gonna Hate and Im no hater, SO I must go!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Everyone on here chiming in on how Bad Ray lewis is as a person, stating he is murderer, I cant stand him...etc.

Just think about it. WHo has the gun to your head making you watch him?? Where in the limo were you sitting when those men were killed?  I thought so.

Then where is his suit?  i make my judgment if it was me, and I couldn't produce the suit I wore, then I'd be in prison.  You can feel how you do no prob by me but remember you were not there either. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Screw Ray Lewis and the Baltimore Ravens.  And to hell with ESPN.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RESPONSE: He's not right...unless you're going to take the position that every time there's an off-field incident involving a player, that the reason for it is a "lack of leadership". Is that how you feel?

This is no different than Rusty busting a gasket because Rodney failed to "Call out Brady for his Horrible postseasons" 

RESPONSE: Totally irrelevant...apples and oranges. Lewis wasn't calling out a player or players for performing poorly...he was talking about an off field incident. 

RESPONSE: So...because he now works for ESPN, it's okay for him to make self serving statements, that are wrong? Why is it off limits to criticize him for doing this? Again: If you're going to point a finger and scream lack of leadership because of a bad off-field incident, are you going to fault the Patriots for "lack of leadership" due to the Aaron Hernandez situation, too?

are you serious right now?  Let me clarify for you. I posted on the subject since you brought it our attention.  IF not I would NEVER know about ANY of these things. You know Why? I DONT WACTH ESPN! I dont care what anybody has to say on tv about football. I WATCH FOOTBALL.

RESPONSE: Well...why are you commenting about a situation that you admittedly know nothing about?

I love the Game. I hate the sidebar stuff and people putting athletes lives under microscopes. IN this particular instance It comes as like rusty. Hating a player and finding more reasons to. I dont spend my days hating people and have no malice in my heart. Im not gonna JUDGE him from afar. ALL I did is say he was right.

RESPONSE: First off, you compare me to Rusty...the ultimate insult on this forum (LOL!!). Next, you accuse me of acting out of hate for Lewis.While it's true that I don't like the guy, I don't hate him. But, he is a famous player...and one that, other than in Baltimore, is not well liked. You said he was right. Why do you think he was right?

I didnt say whatever happened on some party bus(really,  a party bus for a 34 y/o, thats why I dont look for this shyt) was the direct result of Ray not being there but If you can sit here and say the Ravens HAVENT lost any leadership After 2 hall of famers who were known to be 2 of the best students in the game have departed, you are delusional just like Rusty.

RESPONSE: There you go again, comparing me to Russ! But, you're changing the topic. The issue isn't whether the Ravens lost leadership when they lost Lewis and Reed, it is whether an bad off-field incident involving a player is a sign of "lack of leadership". That what this blowhard is saying. And, because he used to be the team leader, he implies that if he were still there, that this wouldn't have happened. 

AND like Rusty you had to bring up Hernandez in a "see why dont people say bad things about x,y.z" It makes you look like a litte tattle tale. I love you report cards and what u do on here but leave the side bar stuff alone. If you let it consume you, YOU look like the fool. Let the  man live. He doesnt play anymore.

RESPONSE: There you go again, comparing me to Rusty. Sorry, but you chose to comment on an issue that you admittedly knew nothing about. After being called on it, you tried to save face by turning the issue into whether the Ravens lost leadership when they lost Lewis and Reed...and then say that I look like a fool? After reading your illogical arguments and your name calling...you have a nerve to accuse me of being Rusty-like. Look in the mirror, pal. 

[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Get that Hate out your blood Tex, you will live long longer and be happier. Thats my best advice. I dont backpedal. maybe I had to clarify , thats it. Ive had this same stance on players since the Vick dog fighting thing came out. I warned fans of getting into players personal lives as a lot of NFL players do things you wouldnt approve of ,as do Most humans, but since you watch these guys play, you think it gives you the right to judge them. Yes you and Rusty are infamous for this. I really do apologize for name calling but its just gets so tired to keep hearing grown men? I think complain about other grown men they dont know personally and get all flustered by something that doesnt affect you. Live your life man. Enjoy Football and leave the stuff along if it bothers you.

As far as commenting about something I dont know. I didnt know the article was out, I DO know what a leader is and how it affects a team. Like I said, we wont agree here. I live my life and dont stalk others. You do. Thats fine. I commented on the thread cuz its my right.

Last time, as I thought I said this already. He is right because he provided leadership as did Ed Reed and they are both gone. Is that hard to comprehend?  What 30 years of experience did they gain to offset those losses?  Im not backpedaling. Im clear. Whats puzzling is why you keep asking me the same things. I will look forward to your report card as always next week tex, but lets agree to disagree and move on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Then where is his suit?  i make my judgment if it was me, and I couldn't produce the suit I wore, then I'd be in prison.  You can feel how you do no prob by me but remember you were not there either. 

Never said I was as the suit comment escapes me. You are right I dont know and thats why I choose not to judge him. There are people who may have murdered and got away with it still in the league. All Im saying is I dont get involved. I have enough stories of murder and mayhem right here where I live so I dont have to get my share of it from football players. Same thing w/entertainers. I enjoy some, but I trust none. Most get paid to entertain and are not good role models. There are music artists who have been selling their souls for years.  We need to take them for what they are "entertainers" Outside of that, I dont judge them. Someone someday will or Kharma will get it right. Not my job, sorry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So, you don't think Lewis and ESPN are hypocritical?  It was beyond awkward when Cris Carter asked Lewis his opinion on the Hernandez thing in Week 1.

I dont watch Chit that gets me mad. Simple. I may work with anyone, I dont follow people home and stalk their lives like you guys do here. I will just leave this thread and let you girls continue to express your hate for an ex player.  You are one of the biggest creeps on the board and you try to get into peoples lives here and judge them also. If YOU had a life, I doubt you would be so concerned with others. See ya guys! Haters gonna Hate and Im no hater, SO I must go!

What a shame.   You become unglued so easy and were acting very normal yesterday.  A shame.

Do you think we're allowed to have an opinion about OJ Simpson or not?

You didnt hear about the guy on deathrow who recently came out and confessed to the double murders? Thats old news and when Simpson was in trouble He was OUT the league and social networking was just a thought. Whats your point again?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

So you have no issue with a further insitution like ESPN catering to a murderer? It wasn't bad enough the Ravens did so for 12 years?

That doesn't bother you just a little bit based on principle alone?

Why would it bother me Rusty? I have a job. Im not God. Jeez you guys are some miserable people spending your days like this. If the guy was not guilty then, why is he guilty now? Are you That naiive that you dont get the concept. Ray is their guy. He made the NFL money and ESPN is in a sports market. NFL Network is employing Lavar Arrington. How long ago since he played?? How many years?? Maybe 3 or 4 good ones?? Hasnt played in 10 years BUT he got a nice gig. It comes with the Job. T.J> Houshmenzada works for NFL network. You need to question the NFL in general, not the players IMO, but either way., I just dont care and cant see why you do other than being a hater. If you are secure in life and happy, I promis these things will just roll off your back like sweat beads. I enjoy life and worry about mine. I watch football because its  exciting. Im no cop, laywer or judge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I will look forward to your report card as always next week tex, but lets agree to disagree and move on.

RESPONSE: Agreed. No hard feelings.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

What a shame.   You become unglued so easy and were acting very normal yesterday.  A shame.

Do you think we're allowed to have an opinion about OJ Simpson or not?

You didnt hear about the guy on deathrow who recently came out and confessed to the double murders? Thats old news and when Simpson was in trouble He was OUT the league and social networking was just a thought. Whats your point again?

Why can't you let people have opinions on thugs?

You can have whatever you like Rusty(T.I. voice) BUT, THIS is a Sports forum and a Patriots one at that. Ray lewis NEVER played for the Pats and he is out the league. O.J. Simpson...Do we really need to mention him here?

Let me say this one time. I dont have some soft spot for Ray but its just he is always brought up. I just dont want to talk about him. I respected him as a player. He was fun to watch. He was always respectfull of Brady and our team while guys like Suggs ran their mouth and only did one thing. He made that team go for years. So I RESPECT his game. I dont know Ray Lewis the man. I dont assualt peoples character like you all do so easily here. I try to be a good , humble person. 15 years ago maybe I may say I hated a player. If you are the same person now that you were at 19, thats a problem.

So in short I may judge a player for his on field performance but its not my biz what any of these guys do. Who is to say that Lavar Arrington hasnt killed someone in the last 5 years and all of a sudden is working for NFL network. You only know what you know because he was caught. .

You should always be growing as a person. I learned long ago that you dont judge or condemn. Kharma is a b*tch and if Ray really did what you all say and then used religion as a prop that he is saved, Yes that is WEAK but ive did my share of dirt and Believe me, it comes back. Why worry about it. Live your life.