BOARD GM'S - Competition Committee Spot Now Open

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Re: BOARD GM'S - Competition Committee Spot Now Open

In Response to Re: BOARD GM'S - Competition Committee Spot Now Open:
    [QUOTE]Ultimately, what is the return for taking a seat? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

A good bowel movement.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: BOARD GM'S - Competition Committee Spot Now Open

In Response to Re: BOARD GM'S - Competition Committee Spot Now Open:
    [QUOTE]I obviously have no idea how people are selected, but I am willing to bet that not too many people want the position.  Owners generally have other things to manage and arent necessarily football people.  GM's and Coaches generally are very worried about getting fired and may not want to dedicate the time sitting on this committee requires.  Ultimately, what is the return for taking a seat? 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

My guess would be that this is almost certainly true.

I can't imagine a successful executive or (especially) coach taking the time out of his busy schedule to argue over nitpicky touch fouls in the defensive backfield or where the umpire should stand, at varying points in the game, in relation to Peyton Manning.

What I hear as often as not about successful coaches is that they live in their offices and consume themelves with minutiae to a degree that goes beyond unhealthy, into the area of misanthropic. I don't really think it's necessary to point out some of the high-profile coaches who could (at least partially) blame professional tunnel vision for the deterioration of certain aspects of their family lives.

And who's to say a guy like Jeff Fisher -- a highly-regarded professional in his own right -- may not have been better than a .500 coach if he hadn't been wasting his time with this nonsense?

I don't really know how the league goes about filling these positions, and I tend to agree with underdog(ggggg) that some of the people we might expect to excel in the position probably wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Sections
Shortcuts