Board: Who Won RKrap and Rusty's Jets' Cap Bet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Re: Board: Who Won RKrap and Rusty's Jets' Cap Bet?

What was the bet

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Why are you cluttering up the forums with this garbage?

And why are you acting like people here like you?  Hahahaha!! 

Rkarp owned you with the Tommy Kelly info. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

lol love the GIFs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljJw5BQTS4M

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Who cares who won? Is this board about egos or is it about the team? The team in this case is us, the community of Patriots fans.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

LMAO!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

We had no bet on Kelly.   Period.   

But he owned you and you continue to try and deny it.  LOL @ U!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

that's about right. you nailed the age group.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

At the time (in March), a full clean sweep of over a dozen people supported me in ackowledging I had won our bet with RKrap receiving no votes, as he tried to yet again adjust the parameters of our bet a full 24 hours after it expired.

He's never capitulated and he's even being more arrogant now saying he won the bet, months and months later.

He's currently on another thread still denying he lost and flat out saying he won, saying I was the one who did not adhere to the very clear parameters of the bet.

So, everyone who is following me around currently like MattC05 and other annoying little turds, please step forward and stop being so ingenuous when asked who won that bet.

RKrap is a disingenuous Jets fan who has proven time and again that he cannot be trusted.

I went back to try to find the post.  It's a pain because BDC has no search function and whatever moniker you were using at the time has since been banned.  I could not find where he accepted the bet (which is a pretty major component of any bet), but I found a quoted post of yours which seems to lay out parameters and he seemed to agree that a bet was made.

From what I can see, yes you won the bet.  Rkarp's side of it, that the Jets would be 20-30 million under, didn't come to fruition until a couple days (maybe hours?) after FA opened.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

While this whole thing is getting annoying, Rusty did win the bet. I remember others along with myself saying so. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:

At the time (in March), a full clean sweep of over a dozen people supported me in ackowledging I had won our bet with RKrap receiving no votes, as he tried to yet again adjust the parameters of our bet a full 24 hours after it expired.

He's never capitulated and he's even being more arrogant now saying he won the bet, months and months later.

He's currently on another thread still denying he lost and flat out saying he won, saying I was the one who did not adhere to the very clear parameters of the bet.

So, everyone who is following me around currently like MattC05 and other annoying little turds, please step forward and stop being so ingenuous when asked who won that bet.

RKrap is a disingenuous Jets fan who has proven time and again that he cannot be trusted.

I went back to try to find the post.  It's a pain because BDC has no search function and whatever moniker you were using at the time has since been banned.  I could not find where he accepted the bet (which is a pretty major component of any bet), but I found a quoted post of yours which seems to lay out parameters and he seemed to agree that a bet was made.

From what I can see, yes you won the bet.  Rkarp's side of it, that the Jets would be 20-30 million under, didn't come to fruition until a couple days (maybe hours?) after FA opened.

that is exactly what I said...the Jets went $25M under the cap with the Cromartie restructure at approx 20 minutes after mid night (announced)..which technically means the deal was consumated prior to midnight 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

to add more context, here is what I exactly said;

Rusty,

1) say something intelligent about the cap space of either the Pats or the Jets. Anything, just something of substance. Give us one bit of information.

2) I said nothing about the Jets season. I said nothing about Tannenbaum, Rex or Sanchez.

3) I will repeat it so even a dope like y ou understands completely. The Jets, honestly, much to my dismay, will be $20 million under the cap by only cutting 3-5 fringe players based on play this year. They will renegotiate 2-4 key players, but still be able to keep 2014 very cap open, and will be very clean again in 2015.

4) That is all I am saying about the Jets situation. Anything you say, is only twisting things and trying to put words in my mouth.

5) The Pats will struggle or be unable to keep Vollmer, Talib and Wes.

6) The Pats are paying 6 players an astonishing amount of the cap percentage

7) The Pats are facing a situation with TB in 2014 and 2015. It might not be pretty.

BB is unquestionably the best coach in the NFL, maybe in its history.

BB has made numerous GM decisions that I have not agreed with, and that have back fired.

Brady is arguably still the best QB in the NFL, maybe of all time

Sanchez stinks.

Anything other than the above, anything else you say is either a lie, or simply putting words in my mouth that I did not say.

Now go ahead, say one thing intelligent about the cap as it pertains to the Pats or the Jets....I bet you can't.

Btw, I worked my butt off to get to Harvard business school. Go ahead and scoff. We had a saying while I was attending....only a dummy tells people how smart he is. I notice you are all over this board telling all of us how smart you are.

Again, I aok you, don't duck the subject at hand. Say one thing of substance about the cap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rusty you've lost every bet on here against against everyone. Remember when you predicted we'd get the 7th overall pick for Mallett? Or how about when you said Martin never was a pass catcher - then to discover he is 13th all time in pass receptions for a running back. Then there was the time you said Merriweather was the second best safety in the AFC...my point is you're pretty poor at all this football stuff and rkarp owns you. I've said this before, I'll say it again...the closest you could get to rkarp is to be his goldfish - just swim round and round in his bowl...waiting for him to feed you. I wouldn't even give you the benefit of being his dog...it's too glorious for you.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Who cares who won? Is this board about egos or is it about the team? The team in this case is us, the community of Patriots fans.

I'm guessing this is a rhetorical question.

It's pretty clear that this entire forum is hardly even about football, let alone a specific team.

Like most internet forums, this place mirrors most professional sports, where it's all about winning.  And not just winning, but trying to humiliate your "opponent", and act as disrespectful as possible.   And, also like most other forums, everyone gets to declare themselves the winner in any argument, and claim they "owned", "schooled", "bludgeoned", "took your lunch money" or otherwise [insert hackneyed phrase here] their "opponent".

Frankly, one of the worst excuses here is the "I'm not the one that started it".  Put your big boy pants on and just don't continue it.

How about everyone just agree that for ONE SINGLE DAY, no name-calling at all.  Just ONE DAY.  See how things go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

those were the Rock Scully days...that was your 16th name that was banned...now Harvey is what, number 20?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

It's pretty clear that this entire forum is hardly even about football, let alone a specific team.

Like most internet forums, this place mirrors most professional sports, where it's all about winning.  And not just winning, but trying to humiliate your "opponent", and act as disrespectful as possible.   And, also like most other forums, everyone gets to declare themselves the winner in any argument, and claim they "owned", "schooled", "bludgeoned", "took your lunch money" or otherwise [insert hackneyed phrase here] their "opponent".

Frankly, one of the worst excuses here is the "I'm not the one that started it".  Put your big boy pants on and just don't continue it.

How about everyone just agree that for ONE SINGLE DAY, no name-calling at all.  Just ONE DAY.  See how things go.

No name calling.? That's a great suggestion,  yoghurt for brains.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

No name calling.? That's a great suggestion,  yoghurt for brains.

Thanks for proving my point about this forum.

(where do I find the sarcasm font?)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

What was the bet

To be at least at 25 million under the cap to compete with us at the start of FA on March 12th, 2013.

He came on here and said the Jets would be easily in competition with us in FA "30 million under the cap". We are, at the time, 26 million. So, he chose "30 million because it was the next level of millions above us.  I knew it could not happen and he was using the Jets Cap GEek site as his source. Once, I knew that, I knew his numbers were way off, so I set him up with ease. He walked right into the trap again. lol

That caught my eye, I knew it ws fraudulent, so I challenged him. He then backpedaled, with 99% of the board calling him on it, by saying "20-30 million" which would mean to the average person, at least "25 million".

So, I caved and gave it to him at 25 million.  At best, 48 hours after FA opened the Jets were only 22 million under, which still did not cut the parameters I conceded to.

By 12 AM, on March 12th or by mid morning of March 12th, mid day, etc, for a full 24 hours, the Jets not only hadn't signed anyone in FA, they were still trimming contracts that weekend into the beginning of FA, as I predicted.

They weren't ready with cap room cleared to compete like most teams in FA.

That was the whole point of the bet!  He took it, lost and then tried to spin it somehow he did win, but it was painfully obvious he did not win. 

At least a dozen impartial people came in and told him he lost and was a slimy, pathetic loser for not only trying to change the original parameters, but to not accept final defeat when it was clear the Jets could not sign anyone at the opening bell.

His punishment was to start a thread admitting defeat and to leave the board. He's never done it.

IN fact, with our first bet where he lost on the Buttfumble game, he never started the thread to admit defeat, the fat, bald loser just went on some vacation with his loser self.

hahahaha I think 10 out of 10 Adverage People would have to agree that between $20 Mil and $30 Mil is $20Mil and one Cent to $30 Mil.  Unless he stated Exactly Between $20 and $30 Mil then you are right and it's $25 MIl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

those were the Rock Scully days...that was your 16th name that was banned...now Harvey is what, number 20?

Rkarp just admit that you can't win as long as Rusty has so many others that agree with him.  I don't care if everyone that agrees with him is him posting under a different name it's all good in Cyber-Space!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Your conclusion is poignant. What is about fans of professional sports that brings all this vitriol out? And, it is much worse in European soccer where fans actually murder each other!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Here is February of 2013 where RKARP said 20-30 mil.  I do believe that the Jets ended up in that range.  Why doesn't Harvery post something that says otherwise?  Regarless of what the actual number was, the fact is, the Jets were never in Cap Hell.  As is the case every year players have the big numbers at the end of contracts that team knew would never ever come to be.  Justin Smith is a great example.  He was due 10 mil that he was never going to get.  The cost of cutting him?  Zip.

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/to-rusty-definitive-analysis-of-how-the-jets-get-30-million-under-cap-this-year-cutting-very-few-and-renegotiating-some/100/6532500?ia=15177581

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Be the bigger man and tell him how great it was that he's called several pats transactions prior to it being public knowledge.

Than let the chips fall. He may surprise you. I challenge you. The gauntlet has been neatly set at your feet Harvey.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to Fletcherbrook's comment:

Be the bigger man and tell him how great it was that he's called several pats transactions prior to it being public knowledge.

Than let the chips fall. He may surprise you. I challenge you. The gauntlet has been neatly set at your feet Harvey.

Say what Busty?!

Hey Harvey 2.0. Little Harvey. Harvey the second. Harvey light. Your funny.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Say what Busty?!

Hey Harvey 2.0. Little Harvey. Harvey the second. Harvey light. Your funny.

You must mean "you're"...right?

Nope. Not bustchise...and I'm beginning to think your not Harvey based on your other post on IP addresses. 

Sections
Shortcuts