Board: Who Won RKrap and Rusty's Jets' Cap Bet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: Board: Who Won RKrap and Rusty's Jets' Cap Bet?

In response to rkarp's comment:

Btw, I worked my butt off to get to Harvard business school. Go ahead and scoff. We had a saying while I was attending....only a dummy tells people how smart he is. I notice you are all over this board telling all of us how smart you are.

This is at least the second time youve posted your "saying". Both times you prefaced it with "I worked my butt off to get to HBS. Go ahead and scoff"

Q: Wouldnt the point you are trying to make about dumb people be just as valid without the gratuitous mention of your alma mater?

Would you have included the name of your school above if you had attended, say, Plymouth State instead?

You know what I mean?

No offense, but it makes me wonder what your real point is here...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Btw, I worked my butt off to get to Harvard business school. Go ahead and scoff. We had a saying while I was attending....only a dummy tells people how smart he is. I notice you are all over this board telling all of us how smart you are.[/QUOTE]

This is at least the second time youve posted your "saying". Both times you prefaced it with "I worked my butt off to get to HBS. Go ahead and scoff"

Q: Wouldnt the point you are trying to make about smart people be just as valid without the gratuitous mention of your alma mater?

Would you have included the name of your school above if you had attended, say, Plymouth State instead?

You know what I mean?

[/QUOTE]

No, he wouldn't. And someone who lacks IQ could not have been accepted to Harvard for an MBA. He also claims he got it in the early 1980s.  

His daddy owns a business and then he gets an MBA only to sell out? I don't believe half of what he says.

The fact he was so obviously showing himself to be an ESPN plant here is all the board needs to know.

[/QUOTE]

You and your IQ judgements. It's amazing and disturbing. I only hope you find peace Wally. Look into the mirror tonight and tell yourself that you are special. I mean it. It may make you feel better about your self. Try reading Outliers by Malcolm gladwell. Chapters 3 &4 in particular.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Who cares about last March?

Remember the time that Rusty was upside down about Rkarp's insider info about Tommy Kelly which proved to be correct?

Welcome To Toolville.  Let me introduce you to our mayor, Mr. Rusty McDungnoodle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Why are you cluttering up the forums with this garbage?

And why are you acting like people here like you?  Hahahaha!! 

Rkarp owned you with the Tommy Kelly info. 

TFB12 you know I like you brother, but I dont think Rkarp owned anybody with the Kelley info anymore than he failed everybody last week when he started a thread stating he was "standing by" Gillete for a major announcement, that up til now, a week later, still hasn't come! Not knocking Rkarp becasue he has stated in here more than once he just repeats the info he hears, and is not the originator. Even he would tell you he doesnt own anybody. Flether, NAS, and all the others stating Rusty got owned by the Kelley info need to realize Rkarp hits on a few and misses on a few, all depending on what he hears around the stadium. Again not a shot at Rkarp. It is what it is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Btw, I worked my butt off to get to Harvard business school. Go ahead and scoff. We had a saying while I was attending....only a dummy tells people how smart he is. I notice you are all over this board telling all of us how smart you are.[/QUOTE]

Q: Wouldnt the point you are trying to make about dumb people be just as valid without the gratuitous mention of your alma mater?

You know what I mean?

[/QUOTE]

this will be my last post on this thread as to not feed the moron Harvey...

my comment regarding education, was based on at that time Rock Scully (his 16th board name) constantly asking me what my IQ is, if I went to community college (nothing wrong with that), and if I was a moron and is that why I was in a family run business.

I would have mentioned any school attended, which I did (I also listed undergrad info)

simply to add context, this moron Harvey has over time asked me what kind of car I drive, how much money I have, if I have kids, how old am I and where I live. I was actually on assignment about a year ago literally 3 miles away from where he says he lives (even though I dont believe a word he says). I asked him if he wanted to meet for a drink, but my wife who is an insane Sox and Pats fan and sometimes laughs at these posts on BDC, read some of Harveys maniacal rantings and asked me not to go thru with it. I also factor in my wifes unabated despising of Harvey to her love of TB Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

my comment regarding education, was based on at that time Rock Scully (his 16th board name) constantly asking me what my IQ is, if I went to community college (nothing wrong with that), and if I was a moron and is that why I was in a family run business.

I would have mentioned any school attended, which I did (I also listed undergrad info)

simply to add context, this moron Harvey has over time asked me what kind of car I drive, how much money I have, if I have kids, how old am I and where I live. I was actually on assignment about a year ago literally 3 miles away from where he says he lives (even though I dont believe a word he says). I asked him if he wanted to meet for a drink, but my wife who is an insane Sox and Pats fan and sometimes laughs at these posts on BDC, read some of Harveys maniacal rantings and asked me not to go thru with it. I also factor in my wifes unabated despising of Harvey to her love of TB Laughing

I actually remember that exchange you two had last year. Harvey was pretty helpful, as I recall. He gave you tips on the nightlife and bar scene down there

Too bad you never met up. Would have been epic

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I actually remember that exchange you two had last year. Harvey was pretty helpful, as I recall. He gave you tips on the nightlife and bar scene down there

Too bad you never met up. Would have been epic

[/QUOTE]

A missed oppotunity for a pay per view event. Where is Don King when you need him? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

A missed oppotunity for a pay per view event. Where is Don King when you need him? 

Haha. I am sure his wife meant well, but this is one time I wish karp had disregarded her advice

For the good of the board, I mean

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who cares about last March?

Remember the time that Rusty was upside down about Rkarp's insider info about Tommy Kelly which proved to be correct?

Welcome To Toolville.  Let me introduce you to our mayor, Mr. Rusty McDungnoodle.

[/QUOTE]

I dont think Rkarp owned anybody with the Kelley info anymore than he failed everybody last week when he started a thread stating he was "standing by" Gillete for a major announcement, that up til now, a week later, still hasn't come! Not knocking Rkarp becasue he has stated in here more than once he just repeats the info he hears, and is not the originator. Even he would tell you he doesnt own anybody. Flether, NAS, and all the others stating Rusty got owned by the Kelley info need to realize Rkarp hits on a few and misses on a few, all depending on what he hears around the stadium. Again not a shot at Rkarp. It is what it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

Why are you cluttering up the forums with this garbage?

And why are you acting like people here like you?  Hahahaha!! 

Rkarp owned you with the Tommy Kelly info. 

[/QUOTE]

TFB12 you know I like you brother, but I dont think Rkarp owned anybody with the Kelley info anymore than he failed everybody last week when he started a thread stating he was "standing by" Gillete for a major announcement, that up til now, a week later, still hasn't come! Not knocking Rkarp becasue he has stated in here more than once he just repeats the info he hears, and is not the originator. Even he would tell you he doesnt own anybody. Flether, NAS, and all the others stating Rusty got owned by the Kelley info need to realize Rkarp hits on a few and misses on a few, all depending on what he hears around the stadium. Again not a shot at Rkarp. It is what it is.

[/QUOTE]

No problem, dude!  You are a good guy, you have your opinion just like everyone else.  Feel free to share it.  We don't have to always agree on here to get along.  I had some good disagreements with Babe and Texas Pat on here and we get along fine and I enjoy them here.    But I do think Rusty has a problem with people getting recognition here on what they post.  Rusty mocked rkarp for his info and at the end of the day rKarp nailed it!! Rusty was wrong.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Want evidence that there is no god?  This is all the proof you need!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Who cares who won? Is this board about egos or is it about the team? The team in this case is us, the community of Patriots fans.

According to Rusty's actions......it's all about Rusty.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to TheTinMan's comment:

Who cares who won? Is this board about egos or is it about the team? The team in this case is us, the community of Patriots fans.

I'm guessing this is a rhetorical question.

It's pretty clear that this entire forum is hardly even about football, let alone a specific team.

Like most internet forums, this place mirrors most professional sports, where it's all about winning.  And not just winning, but trying to humiliate your "opponent", and act as disrespectful as possible.   And, also like most other forums, everyone gets to declare themselves the winner in any argument, and claim they "owned", "schooled", "bludgeoned", "took your lunch money" or otherwise [insert hackneyed phrase here] their "opponent".

Frankly, one of the worst excuses here is the "I'm not the one that started it".  Put your big boy pants on and just don't continue it.

How about everyone just agree that for ONE SINGLE DAY, no name-calling at all.  Just ONE DAY.  See how things go.

Your conclusion is poignant. What is about fans of professional sports that brings all this vitriol out? And, it is much worse in European soccer where fans actually murder each other!

Sorry, Dude.  You missed the peace and quiet, and football talk all last week when Rusty was not around. Kinda weird that you missed that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The bet looks rhetorical to me.  The Jets at the time had to make some decisions.  Pretty easy really but the had to cut players and renegociate some contracts to get under the cap which you said would happen.  But there was a cap issue at the time.  Based on the Jets present record it did hurt them did it not?  I didn't see the original post so I'm out of the loop on this.  It would have to be where the line was drawn if any was in these type of arguements.  Especally with Rusty.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Does it really matter who won the bet? The bottom line is since that time the Jets are 10-18 and one of the most dysfunctional orginizations in the NFL. As a Pat fan that is good enough for me.

************************************************

The name of the team is the New England Patriots not the New England Belichiks or New England Bradys.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rusty won the Jets cap bet with rkarp. Rkarp is trying to rewrite history hoping that the board's mistrust of Rusty will allow him to do it, but the fact is that rkarp made a thread claiming the Jets would be $30M under the cap by the open of FA. He then backpedaled to $25M and the bet was made on those terms. Since then he has tried to claim the bet was $20M-$30M, but that is revisionist history. Frankly it's all moot because at the open of FA in 2013 the Jets didn't have $20M in free space let alone $25M. 

Consider this article that puts the Jets at $15M at the open of FA http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9059987/nfl-free-agency-2013-new-york-jets-stripping-rivals-add-big-names

Or this one that put them at $12.6M after the signings of Goodson, Colon and Antwan Barnes (again no where near $20M before those signings) http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1010157-jets-2013-salary-situation-breaking-down-new-yorks-current-cap-status

At the end of the day the point that rkarp was trying to make (that the Jets could easily clear a ton of cap space) was correct, but he still lost the bet based on the parameters he agreed to with Rusty.

Frankly I am tired of hearing about this so I thought I would set the record straight. Take my claims with whatever grain of credibility you think I have on this forum. I am too lazy to try and dig up the actual threads, particularly since I don't remember which one they formally made the bet in and more importantly Rusty's posts from those times are gone for obvious reasons.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

Meanwhile, hypocrites here never held him or RKrap to the parameters of the bets.

ironic, since you never hold yourself accountable for being wrong in this forum or for your role in its demise

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

Does it really matter who won the bet? The bottom line is since that time the Jets are 10-18 and one of the most dysfunctional orginizations in the NFL. As a Pat fan that is good enough for me.

************************************************

The name of the team is the New England Patriots not the New England Belichiks or New England Bradys.

Of course it matters!  That's the point of shutting these trolls up.  The bet symbolizes the ability to shut them up, which is why the parameters are all right there for everyone to see.

RKrap is also now making up bets we had that never even happened. LMAO

Meanwhile, I am harrassed and stalked for honoring the bets.

RKrap owes the board a thread admittind he lost the Jets cap bet and a week off from this board.

That's a fact.

Clearly, he's a real lose of a human, so this is why he thinks he can do what he is doing as he helps ruin the board.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he has to admit it because everyone already knows he lost. The more he denies it the worse it makes him look.

I have to give you credit for that. He's been exposed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDirkDiggler. Show TheDirkDiggler's posts

Who cares. Why does this matter?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts