Bob Krafted Nominated for the Hall of Fame

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Bob Krafted Nominated for the Hall of Fame

Ouch a Giants fan pointing out a gaft  >.<

But seriously well deserved. Davis pulling the legue out of the fire back in the day and got into the hall, Kraft deserves the same honor for what he did. I'm not sure Kraft will get in this year but he will get in the next 3 for sure

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if u r such a big fan u ought to at least spell the man's name right!

and yes he will be in Canton one day soon

[/QUOTE]

You spelled you are wrong.  It's not u r, it is you are or you're.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

This board is simply infested with trolls. Every single Pats thread is just attacked immediately by loser virgins.

Unreal.

Bring back the edit button, too, moron mods.

[/QUOTE]

I have an edit button.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I also want to point out that, in order to keep the team in Foxboro and not move it to Hartford, Kraft was the first owner in modern sports to pony up his OWN money and not bleed a few hundred million from taxpayers to build his new stadium. All he got from the state was 5% of the cost in the form of a tax free loan, nothing more.

People down here in CT don't want to hear that, they'd rather believe he used Hartford as leverage to get more out of MA, as CT was offering to build the stadium for him.

He represents what every fan wants in an owner: dedicated to winning and loyal to the area/fanbase.

He also saved the team from being moved to St Louis through a series of decisions, including buying the old stadium, which included a contract with the Patriots to play for a certain number of years. He outbid the current owner of the team to buy the stadium, and eventually forced their hands into selling him the team as they were not going to be able to move it, as they wanted to.

Without Kraft, it's a very real possibility that there is no football in NE. Not only is there football, he helped build one of the model franchises in the salary cap era.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I also want to point out that, in order to keep the team in Foxboro and not move it to Hartford, Kraft was the first owner in modern sports to pony up his OWN money and not bleed a few hundred million from taxpayers to build his new stadium. All he got from the state was 5% of the cost in the form of a tax free loan, nothing more.

People down here in CT don't want to hear that, they'd rather believe he used Hartford as leverage to get more out of MA, as CT was offering to build the stadium for him.

He represents what every fan wants in an owner: dedicated to winning and loyal to the area/fanbase.

He also saved the team from being moved to St Louis through a series of decisions, including buying the old stadium, which included a contract with the Patriots to play for a certain number of years. He outbid the current owner of the team to buy the stadium, and eventually forced their hands into selling him the team as they were not going to be able to move it, as they wanted to.

Without Kraft, it's a very real possibility that there is no football in NE. Not only is there football, he helped build one of the model franchises in the salary cap era.

[/QUOTE]

If memory serves, wasn't there a problem with the site chosen, with it being a Super Fund cleanup site? Would have taken time, etc, so he stayed in Foxboro and ponied up his own money.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

They better keep a big space set aside for BK in the HOF, he'll be adding to his legacy for many years to come. I dont have an edit function and I been asking for it longer then anyone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I have the edit function, I click on it, it brings the post back up...and doesn't save the changes :/

AZPAT: How I remember it is a deal was in place, and Kraft backed out. I seem to remember him talking at the time about not wanting to leave the area, he decided to follow his heart. Now, it's conceivable that what you said is plausible, and he turned it into a little additional PR. I did a little research, and many people seem to just give him credit for making the decision on his own.

Jints: I agree. I was shocked at the time when he did this. I'm sure fe wother owners share our appreciation of this fact as it made/makes it harder for these crooked politicians and owners to justify spending all that public money on a stadium. And, yes, Jones too deserves credit for pushing that envelope as I believe he coughed up a cool BILLION (insert Dr Evil quote here) for his.

16. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts