Bob Ryan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Bob Ryan

Okay . . .  

I'm going to admit it.

I like Bob Ryan.

I always have, since back in the days when he was primarily a basketball guy (I guess he still is) back in the Bird-Chief-McHale era. But I just read his column about last nights game and I really feel I must say . . .

Why did he wait until the penultimate paragraph to incorporate both The Perils of Pauline and  a game that would match their rhetoric?

That is gold.

Gold, Jerry.

Does anyone besides me love Ryan?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Bob Ryan

I had to look up penultimate LOL!  I like Ryan as a basketball guy like you said, and Will Mcdoughah (sp) for football back in the day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Bob Ryan:
    [QUOTE]I had to look up penultimate LOL!  I like Ryan as a basketball guy like you said, and Will Mcdoughah (sp) for football back in the day.
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

Will McDonough was, is, and ever shall be the standard to which football writers who wish to be taken seriously should aspire.

A moment of silence, please . . .

for Mr. McDonough.

He is very high on the list of guys who made me realize that a writer was what I should be.

Peace.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

I'm envious of great writing for I can't do it, but I do enjoy reading it. Sports, politics, fiction, whatever how some of these writes create so much and keep it all straight amazes me. So when do we get read the great P-mike novel? lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]So when do we get read the great P-mike novel? lol
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

How do you know you haven't already read it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

lol that would be cool if I have.....little hint

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Always liked Bob Ryan, but his sarcastic personality can be off-putting to some who haven't listened or read him long enough.  One of the last of a dying breed of scribes at the Globe or anywhere for that matter.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

[QUOTE]I love Bob Ryan.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

We know have 2 things in common !! We are both Pats fans and we both love Bob Ryan ..... I feel a lasting friendship growing Kiss

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Okay . . .

I'm going against my "ignore random deuschebag" policy here . . .

but I would like to point out that using your nemesis' strategy against him is . . .

ummmm . . .

what's the word I'm looking for . . .

Lame.

Yeah.

That's it.

Laughing

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob Ryan : Yes, but you're insulting and I try to not hold a grudge against anyone.

Your happy to flame my posts  but when It come back your way Its Insulting ?
    Might be best all the grudge's end here

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

I thought McDonough was lousy, all his articles were about at the end were the finances of sports [labor unions, free agency, salary cap] and BC. I don't miss him....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I only like Bob Ryan when Jackie MacMullen is around. He's far less obnoxious in her presence and very enjoyable. Otherwise he comes off as arrogant, demeaning and rude. Oh, and he's constantly negative.

He ripped Moss day and night when he was here, then ripped the team when they let him go. I'd appreciate just a little consistency at least.

And he made the "slap her" comment about Kidd's wife in the midst of all the controversy about Kidd...well, beating his wife. At times, he can be truly out of touch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I only like Bob Ryan when Jackie MacMullen is around. He's far less obnoxious in her presence and very enjoyable. Otherwise he comes off as arrogant, demeaning and rude. Oh, and he's constantly negative. He ripped Moss day and night when he was here, then ripped the team when they let him go. I'd appreciate just a little consistency at least. And he made the "slap her" comment about Kidd's wife in the midst of all the controversy about Kidd...well, beating his wife. At times, he can be truly out of touch.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

You know, dragon, you make a valid point.

I think one of the things I miss about Ryan (being a displaced Yank) is that attitude.

He does tend to spin almost everything negative, which I guess I have come to view as a positive thing -- being stuck out here in the midwest -- where life is beautiful all the time and we'll be hapy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to  take me away . . .

ha ha!

Hah hah!

HAH HAH!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Bob Ryan:
    [QUOTE]Okay . . .   I'm going to admit it. I like Bob Ryan. I always have, since back in the days when he was primarily a basketball guy (I guess he still is) back in the Bird-Chief-McHale era. But I just read his column about last nights game and I really feel I must say . . . Why did he wait until the penultimate paragraph to incorporate both The Perils of Pauline and  a game that would match their rhetoric ? That is gold. Gold, Jerry. Does anyone besides me love Ryan? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

No, he's an annoying geek who should stick to the NBA.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bob Ryan : No, he's an annoying geek who should stick to the NBA.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

When one annoying geek stands up to point out another of his breed, those whose bread is buttered by paying attention . . .

pay attention.

Of course . . .  there is the small matter of Ryan being paid to be obnoxious and
    Rusty being . . .

well . . .

whatever Rusty is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

I agree with my earlier banned posts

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob Ryan : Well, I'm accused of having one-sided arguments, which of course, don't exist. It is insulting to call other people names, that is why my mother told me.   Then again, she was from Maine.  Those people are weird that way.

Whoa!

Wait just a minute, here.

Is the guy who believes all caucasions should for now and evermore feel responsible for the actions of certain of their forebears now referring to his own precedents as "Those people?"

Seriously, guy . . .

you make this too easy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

he was bound to catch himself in all the arguments he has with himself. Talking in circles eventually  comes around to bite you.

23. This post has been removed.