Bob sanders out for the year!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Bob sanders out for the year!!!

According to Adam Shefter, Bob sanders has a torn bicep! and is out for the year!

Marlin Jackson is also out for the year, and Hayden will miss up to four weeks!!

thoughts???          (LMAO @ underdogg)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/06/bob-sanders-needs-elbow-surgery/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!!

I think you sound too happy about injuries for other teams.

I know the Patriots have had their own injury problems, but I'd rather see them tested against the best than given a false sense of confidence by beating a "good" team that's down.  

On a side note, Colts fans shouldn't use Sanders' absence as an excuse for any possible decline in their team - the guy clearly can't stay healthy for extended periods of time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Gonzalez is supposed to miss 2-3 more weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on his knee (I think it was his knee) to remove some stuff. 

They better hope some other guys step up or they're going to get beat this week and next week via 2 good aerial attacks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think you sound too happy about injuries for other teams. I know the Patriots have had their own injury problems, but I'd rather see them tested against the best than given a false sense of confidence by beating a "good" team that's down.   On a side note, Colts fans shouldn't use Sanders' absence as an excuse for any possible decline in their team - the guy clearly can't stay healthy for extended periods of time.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

how do i sound happy? lol i didnt put a smiley face or anything like that, i just put exclamation points because it is a big deal. im laughing at underdogg because he is such a homer.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Yes, let's laugh at human beings sustaining severe bodily harm.  Way to be.

The Colts secondary is definitely going to be an issue for them for the time being.  My question about Sanders: At what point do the Colts just give up?  When healthy, he's a terrific football player.  However, they are paying him year after year to lead their defense, and in 4 out of his 6 years in the league, he has played between 2-6 games.  I'm sorry, but they simply can't rely on the guy to be a part of their defense anymore.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Bob sanders out for the year!!!:
    [QUOTE]According to Adam Shefter, Bob sanders has a torn bicep! and is out for the year! Marlin Jackson is also out for the year, and Hayden will miss the next for weeks!! thoughts???          (LMAO @ underdogg)
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

I am disappointed with the "(LMAO @ underdogg)".

I consider underdogg as a passionate fan - true he is supporting a different team and is probably biased (who isn't?) - but unlike Leon, underdogg's arguments, whether we agree or not, are reasonable.

I did not see him being excited when Brady, Rodney, Adalius, Maroney etc. went down last year..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]I think you sound too happy about injuries for other teams. I know the Patriots have had their own injury problems, but I'd rather see them tested against the best than given a false sense of confidence by beating a "good" team that's down.   On a side note, Colts fans shouldn't use Sanders' absence as an excuse for any possible decline in their team - the guy clearly can't stay healthy for extended periods of time.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Of course you would rather see the patriots play against the colts when the colts are at their best so would i, but "staying healthy" is as big a factor in todays nfl as its been ever, the colts dont do a good job of that and the patriots do. Therefore, the pats have 3 super bowl rings and 4 super bowl appearances this decade to the Colts only have 1.

Injuries are a huge part of the game, get over it. Last year without our best player by far we still had an 11-5 record.

We'll see what the colts are really made of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Let me put on my shocked face for Bob Sanders yet again getting hurt. I have said it before and I will say it again Bob Sanders is not big enough to play the style of game he plays. And The Colts over paid him. I know how good Sanders is but i wouldnt want him on the Pats for a second, he cant stay healthy. I would take Merriwhether over Sanders any day of the week.

We play the colts next week and they will have a patch work defense for us to pass on so if we cant beat the colts next week I dont know if we can go very far in the playoffs. We should be able to win against a hurt Colts team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bob sanders out for the year!!! : I am disappointed with the "(LMAO @ underdogg)". I consider underdogg as a passionate fan - true he is supporting a different team and is probably biased (who isn't?) - but unlike Leon, underdogg's arguments, whether we agree or not, are reasonable. I did not see him being excited when Brady, Rodney, Adalius, Maroney etc. went down last year..
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

lol i consider underdogg a passionate fan as well, but hes in a patriots forum, if he wants to weep about whats goin with the colts he can do that in a Colts Forum with the rest of the colts fans.

end of story.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]Let me put on my shocked face for Bob Sanders yet again getting hurt. I have said it before and I will say it again Bob Sanders is not big enough to play the style of game he plays. And The Colts over paid him. I know how good Sanders is but i wouldnt want him on the Pats for a second, he cant stay healthy. I would take Merriwhether over Sanders any day of the week. We play the colts next week and they will have a patch work defense for us to pass on so if we cant beat the colts next week I dont know if we can go very far in the playoffs. We should be able to win against a hurt Colts team.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

i agree. But Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are still standing in the way. If Vollmer and Kaczur play well, no doubt we will win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

It goes without saying that losing Sanders for the season is a tough blow for even a talented team like the Colts to absorb. But, Indy has managed to go 7-0 thus far without him: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/06/report-bob-sanders-out-for-season/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Of course you would rather see the patriots play against the colts when the colts are at their best so would i, but "staying healthy" is as big a factor in todays nfl as its been ever, the colts dont do a good job of that and the patriots do. Therefore, the pats have 3 super bowl rings and 4 super bowl appearances this decade to the Colts only have 1. Injuries are a huge part of the game, get over it. Last year without our best player by far we still had an 11-5 record. We'll see what the colts are really made of.

You are obviously very happy about this.  I hope you don't get injured sitting on your couch sunday afternoon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]     It goes without saying that losing Sanders for the season is a tough blow for even a talented team like the Colts to absorb. But, Indy has managed to go 7-0 thus far without him: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/06/report-bob-sanders-out-for-season/
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

they went 7-0 against average to below average teams. everyone knows they can play in the regular season without Bob Sanders, but come playoff time they will miss Bob Sanders physical presense, no doubt about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : You are obviously very happy about this.  I hope you don't get injured sitting on your couch sunday afternoon.
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

I'm not happy about this at all,  but i do understand how big of a deal this really is. For the colts team! and playoff implications! You guys are all concerned about the injuries lol Bob sanders is a millionaire in a country thats goin through a recession, a torn bicep is not life threatning lol he will be ok, but the question is Will the colts be ok?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

As long as #18 is playing the colts will always have chance...and he is playing lights out this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I would rather we play the Colts and beat them at there full strength so there can be little in the way of what ifs!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : how do i sound happy? lol i didnt put a smiley face or anything like that, i just put exclamation points because it is a big deal. im laughing at underdogg because he is such a homer.

Yeah, that makes you a doosh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

You right TC, otherwise this gives Underdug an excuse as to why the colts lost and heaven knows he needs no excuse to come on here and whine.....right UD ;^)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : I'm not happy about this at all,  but i do understand how big of a deal this really is. For the colts team! and playoff implications! You guys are all concerned about the injuries lol Bob sanders is a millionaire in a country thats goin through a recession, a torn bicep is not life threatning lol he will be ok, but the question is Will the colts be ok?
    Do you hear that shuffling?  Its called a backpeddle and right now you are doing a pretty good job of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]You right TC, otherwise this gives Underdug an excuse as to why the colts lost and heaven knows he needs no excuse to come on here and whine.....right UD ;^)
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]
    Right on baby. 

Here are my thoughts on this.  If the colts come out of the Houston game without any more injuries, I expect us to be ok.  Thin on d, but ok. 

The rooks have played well at CB without Jackson and Hayden although missing them hurts depth and nickel/dime package quality.  Bullitt will be fine in place of Sanders as he has been the last 2 seasons.  He isn't Sanders, but he is a quality safety. 

Hagler will be missed.

Next man up, baby.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Bob sanders out for the year!!!:
    [QUOTE]According to Adam Shefter, Bob sanders has a torn bicep! and is out for the year! Marlin Jackson is also out for the year, and Hayden will miss up to four weeks!! thoughts???          (LMAO @ underdogg) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/06/bob-sanders-needs-elbow-surgery/

I really hate to use this cliche' but injuries are part of the game and Nobody has had more injury problems than the Pats over the last few years. I don't care about playing the Colts when they're at their strongest. I just care about beating them. One of the most important things in winning a championship is keeping your stars healthy. Somewhere out there when Tom Brady went down there was a Colts fan or a Jets fan high fiving another fan. I don't particularly get any joy or sorrow when I think of this but it does make me think our chances look a tiny bit better than they would with a completely healthy team. I'll crack open a brew in Bob's honor tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Colts also lost Tyjuan Hagler. It's not as big a loss as Sanders, obviously, but they still have a few things going for them: Peyton,Mathis, and Freeney are playing very well and Matt Schaub (in keeping with the one game at a time mentality) has never won a big game in his life. The Texans are 1-12 against the Colts. Does that record change this weekend ? I'd like to think so, but Manning's SF game was an anomoly and expect him to perform at a high level this weekend.

I have nothing but respect for Bob Sanders and wish him well. The style of game he plays increases the chance for an injury, but he and his teamates wouldn't have it any other way. Heck, maybe we see him in AFCCG ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]Gonzalez is supposed to miss 2-3 more weeks after having arthroscopic surgery on his knee (I think it was his knee) to remove some stuff.  They better hope some other guys step up or they're going to get beat this week and next week via 2 good aerial attacks.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Actually they have a 4th rd rookie named Austin Collie who is filling in nicely for the Colts at the slot and brings some ST skills too. 30 catches 330 yds. and 4 TDs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Actually they have a 4th rd rookie named Austin Collie who is filling in nicely for the Colts at the slot and brings some ST skills too. 30 catches 330 yds. and 4 TDs.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

I do agree that Collie has filled in very well since Gonzalez went down, but he still hasn't exactly faced a defense like the ones that Bill throws at people, imo.  But yeah, Collie has been quite the surprise.  I was actually wishing the Pats had drafted the guy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Do you hear that shuffling?  Its called a backpeddle and right now you are doing a pretty good job of it.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

i actualy dont hear that shuffling.(whatever that means? lol) you know what else i wont hear the rest of the year? big hits from bob sanders lol

Sections
Shortcuts