Bob sanders out for the year!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!!

In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Yeah, that makes you a doosh.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

that makes me a doosh? lmao is that all you really got? wow.

you basicaly gave up, and declared me the winner with that one.

thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Colts also lost Tyjuan Hagler. It's not as big a loss as Sanders, obviously, but they still have a few things going for them: Peyton,Mathis, and Freeney are playing very well and Matt Schaub (in keeping with the one game at a time mentality) has never won a big game in his life. The Texans are 1-12 against the Colts. Does that record change this weekend ? I'd like to think so, but Manning's SF game was an anomoly and expect him to perform at a high level this weekend. I have nothing but respect for Bob Sanders and wish him well. The style of game he plays increases the chance for an injury, but he and his teamates wouldn't have it any other way. Heck, maybe we see him in AFCCG ?
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    Hannah, this may shock you but I actually think the loss of Hagler is worse for the colts than the loss of Sanders.  Here's why:

If you were the colts, would you count on the services of Sanders given his history and knowing that it was not expected of him to be ready this year until possibly the 6th game?

In my opinion, Sanders is a distraction (which is now gone).  On the other hand, Hagler was a contributing starter.  Players learn to mesh with one another.  That hasn't occurred all year with Sanders since he's been out, but it has occurred with Hagler.  Now learning to play with the tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses of his replacement require a learning curve. 

Again, my only concern about Sanders and Jackson is that the anticipated depth of the group when these guys got 100% healthy is now lost. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Hannah, this may shock you but I actually think the loss of Hagler is worse for the colts than the loss of Sanders.  Here's why: If you were the colts, would you count on the services of Sanders given his history and knowing that it was not expected of him to be ready this year until possibly the 6th game? In my opinion, Sanders is a distraction (which is now gone).  On the other hand, Hagler was a contributing starter.  Players learn to mesh with one another.  That hasn't occurred all year with Sanders since he's been out, but it has occurred with Hagler.  Now learning to play with the tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses of his replacement require a learning curve.  Again, my only concern about Sanders and Jackson is that the anticipated depth of the group when these guys got 100% healthy is now lost. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

come playoff time, sanders will be missed more than hagler. hands down

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : come playoff time, sanders will be missed more than hagler. hands down
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]
    Well, you've proven that attempting to penetrate that mind of yours is fruitless, so where you are concerned, I won't attempt to explain further the reasoning. 

For everyone else, it has nearly everything to do with whether or not Sanders could have gotten on and stayed on the field for the rest of the year, and within one game we have our answer.

Like a broken record, my real concern about these d backfield losses is the loss of depth.  We simply cannot afford another injury of even a minor nature back there for the rest of the year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Well, you've proven that attempting to penetrate that mind of yours is fruitless, so where you are concerned, I won't attempt to explain further the reasoning.  For everyone else, it has nearly everything to do with whether or not Sanders could have gotten on and stayed on the field for the rest of the year, and within one game we have our answer. Like a broken record, my real concern about these d backfield losses is the loss of depth.  We simply cannot afford another injury of even a minor nature back there for the rest of the year.

lol im just goin to ask you this? would the colts defensive coordinator rather have Bob Sanders fully healthy in the playoffs or Hagler fully healthy in the playoffs?

lol ok i win:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

You're all about this win lose arguement thing.  I've delved into that in the past and got nowhere. 

But here's the thing.  Your initial post said nothing at all about a "fully healthy" Bob Sanders.  And that is where the rub is.  As much as I love the guy the colts haven't been able to count on him for 2 years due to his HEALTH.  That has not been the case with Hagler, particularly this year.  Hagler had started every game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]You're all about this win lose arguement thing.  I've delved into that in the past and got nowhere.  But here's the thing.  Your initial post said nothing at all about a "fully healthy" Bob Sanders.  And that is where the rub is.  As much as I love the guy the colts haven't been able to count on him for 2 years due to his HEALTH.  That has not been the case with Hagler, particularly this year.  Hagler had started every game. 

i understand hagler has been reliable based on his health. But the colts defense is a solid defense with or without Hagler. Its also a solid defense without Bob Sanders, BUT with Bob Sanders that defense can go from solid to a super bowl caliber defense. The run defense suddenly becomes potent which just sets up Freeney and Mathis for 3rd and long situations, theres no way anyone is slowing down those 2 guys consistenly on 3rd and longs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Look, I love Bob Sanders.  He's a game changer plan and simple.  But you cannot change the game from either the sidelines or a hospital bed.  Personally, I have waited long enough. 

I don't care anymore about what Sanders can be for the Colts.  He can't be anything in a cast.  That said, I do feel very sorry for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]You're all about this win lose arguement thing.  I've delved into that in the past and got nowhere.  But here's the thing.  Your initial post said nothing at all about a "fully healthy" Bob Sanders.  And that is where the rub is.  As much as I love the guy the colts haven't been able to count on him for 2 years due to his HEALTH.  That has not been the case with Hagler, particularly this year.  Hagler had started every game. 

Hagler was on the Player Unable to Perform list until Oct 18 last year.Now he's out for the season this year.  I wouldn't call Hagler Mr. Reliable just yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Well, at least one good thing has come from this conversation - those of us with any respect for football players know to add Patsfan 24-7 to the ignore list.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Underdogg, do you think the Colts will cut ties with Sanders after the season?  Paying a guy $6-7 million a year to play 4 games doesn't cut it.  He's a great player, but at some point, the cost outweighs the reward that he provides once every few years.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Seems like he's injured a lot, maybe because of the style he plays and somewhat undersized.  His loss will hurt the Colts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I wish death on the entire Yankee's organization, starting with A-rod.  Does that make me a bad person?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]I wish death on the entire Yankee's organization, starting with A-rod.  Does that make me a bad person?
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]
    No, It just makes you Practical.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

That stinks I was hoping to get the Colts with at least all their "star" players. Really wonder how many more years he can go. With all the injuries and a hard hitting safety I would be surprised if he's still in the NFL in 4-5 years. The Colts like the Pats have a way to find players to step in and not really miss a beat. That's why both of these teams have dominated this decade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well when the Pats face the Colts, Indy will be without Hagler, Sanders, Jackson, and Hayden on D and Gonzo on O.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

What happened to the cadre of posters lamenting the feminization of the NFL? I would imagine most would love the barbarism of some unfortunate opponent's season-ending injuries. Let's get real here: you don't have to be a savage to appreciate competitive advantage.

I voted for the pink gloves AND am not sad playing a less-than-full-strength team. Not that the latter exists anyway...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]I think you sound too happy about injuries for other teams. I know the Patriots have had their own injury problems, but I'd rather see them tested against the best than given a false sense of confidence by beating a "good" team that's down.   Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Trurth is the Colts haven't beat a solid team yet. The pats had a load of injuries last year and lost some close games that if they'd one would have been in the playoffs.

The Colts have played like crap against alot of teams this year and managed to squeak out a few wins. They won't be able to sustain it as they play the real contenders

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Hagler was on the Player Unable to Perform list until Oct 18 last year.Now he's out for the season this year.  I wouldn't call Hagler Mr. Reliable just yet.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]
    Look, I know you are intent on proving me wrong.  Have at it.  Hagler has started every game this year and finished the year last year starting. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]Underdogg, do you think the Colts will cut ties with Sanders after the season?  Paying a guy $6-7 million a year to play 4 games doesn't cut it.  He's a great player, but at some point, the cost outweighs the reward that he provides once every few years.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]
    I suppose it all depends on the cap hit, but I could see it happening.  If they don't get killed by the cap hit (of which there will be some), what they don't pay him maybe they could pay Bullitt. 

I am concerned, however, that the market for Bullitt will be higher than the colts can afford to pay.  If that becomes the case, you keep Sanders whose knee and bicep should be fully healed and you expect him to begin next season in the starting line up.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Trurth is the Colts haven't beat a solid team yet. The pats had a load of injuries last year and lost some close games that if they'd one would have been in the playoffs. The Colts have played like crap against alot of teams this year and managed to squeak out a few wins. They won't be able to sustain it as they play the real contenders
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    This is just blind bs.  How do you manage to make you believe you?  AZ, Jax, Mia, SF are all solid teams.  Are they Denver no, but they are the Jets (to whom the pats have lost). 

Yes, they've played a weak schedule, but to suggest they've not played a "solid" team is purely blind bs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bob sanders out for the year!!! : Good call on the "too happy" comment. I mean, only a real D*****BAG would be happy about injuries to a player, right, 24-7? Oh, I forgot to whom I was addressing that! You are a real D******BAG! My mistake. I disagree about the Colts comment. That's a Pats fan talking. Sanders plays-the Colts win. His loss is a legitimate reason for their decline-if it happens.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]
    And exactly how did his absence the entire season up to the last game contribute to their undefeated record?

Doesn't Bob actually have to play in order for his loss to contribute to the team's decline?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE] I disagree about the Colts comment. That's a Pats fan talking. Sanders plays-the Colts win. His loss is a legitimate reason for their decline-if it happens.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

First, anyone rooting for injuries to another human being who hasn't hurt anyone has failed at life.

That said, please explain to me how a 7-0 team can slip away from losing a player they haven't had in three season.

Bob Sanders hasn't been a factor in a number of seasons. Indy has already moved on without him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

I'm a little late to this discussion, but this is pretty hysterical!  Many of you seem to believe the Colts' D will decline without Sanders and Jackson.  Sanders has played in two games all year and he didn't play nearly as well as his "replacement" Melvin Bullitt.  Jackson played in three or four, but he never started a single one and wasn't even the first option in nickel packages by the end.  I don't see how their loss could lead to a decline - they haven't really been there all year.  But, hey if that makes you feel better about the game next weekend, good for you!  Now, my wife says I have to impregnate her now (duty calls!)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Jintsfan a typical computer tough guy starting a fight with someone on the computer.....lame!!!!!