Bobby Carpenter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from westga. Show westga's posts

Bobby Carpenter

Pats sign Carpenter according to rotoworld

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Bobby Carpenter

I was excited about this.....until I looked at his numbers.

http://www.nfl.com/player/bobbycarpenter/2506882/profile

What happened to this guy? I remember being ticked off the Coyboys took him on draft day(Parcells I believe) I wanted him as a Pat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Carpenter was an overachiever in college.  He never should have been drafted where he was as he lacks the physical ability to play at this level.  He is special teams depth at most.  It's not good when most people say things like "he is a great guy, but soft".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

"Carpenter was the Dallas Cowboys' 1st round pick, 18th overall, in the 2006 draft. Over his four year stint he failed to establish a starting role, racking up 96 tackles during his Cowboys career. During a 2008 episode of NFL's Hard Knocks, Carpenter was continuously beaten in a pads and shorts practice by Cowboys right tackle Marc Colombo. During that episode Colombo referred to Carpenter as "Barbie Carpenter" also making fun of his shoulder length blonde hair and his lack of toughness."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

ouch

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Anyone taken by Jerry Jones is very likely to be a bust, that guy knows less than nothing about football.  You want to talk about bad GM's... he is the pits.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

another FA signing that wouldnt make the team

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

camp fodder. He won't even be able to beat out Dane Fletcher, a UDFA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He was a very good college player and he played on the same team with Gonzalez. Starting to look like a former 1rst round draft choice convention in New England of former Buckeyes. Good luck to him as his competition will be immense.Beating out Dane fletcher will take some serious skill just ask Gary Guyton. On another note the Patriots lost exclusive rights for Brett Lockett as they failed to to tender him so he's a URFA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

If I recall the real knock on him was that he got totally washed out against the run.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Carpenter:
    "Carpenter was the Dallas Cowboys' 1st round pick, 18th overall, in the 2006 draft. Over his four year stint he failed to establish a starting role, racking up 96 tackles during his Cowboys career. During a 2008 episode of NFL's Hard Knocks, Carpenter was continuously beaten in a pads and shorts practice by Cowboys right tackle Marc Colombo. During that episode Colombo referred to Carpenter as "Barbie Carpenter" also making fun of his shoulder length blonde hair and his lack of toughness."
    Posted by pcmIV

If that's so, why did BB sign him?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

He has something to play for now... a winner. That makes the difference with a lot of guys. Maybe the "Patriot way" in reality is plain ole winning.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZachRudy. Show ZachRudy's posts

Carpenter over Guyton, Ouch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

let's see how he does in camp and in our system before we crucify the man!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

My thoughts exactly TrueChamp...But whatever, a little competition hasn't ever hurt anyone

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I didn't even know Bobby Carpenter was still IN The NFL...  I just thought he was a byword.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Let him try in camp. Maybe he is a diamond in the rough.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Carpenter is a Parcells guy.  Parcells picked him at Dallas.  Then Parcells left and he was in the doghouse with the new staff.  When Carpenter was released by St. Louis after a trade, Parcells picked him up at Miami.  Now Parcells is gone from Miami and Carpenter is on the move again. 

Bonus:  it's always nice to grab a guy from divisional rivals.  It gives them something to play for twice a year, and they often spill the dirt about the team's strengths, weaknesses and tendencies.

Things happen to players.  They get injured, they get better.  If Carpenter is pretty much uninjured this year but was injured last year, then he's a good, experienced player.  Remember how easy it was to pick up pass-rushing OLBs at the beginning of last year?  On the other hand, if Carpenter really is permanently injured and can't get better by training camp, well, T. F. Green airport is 20 miles away. 

BB gets some goodies every year and we don't know who.  Belichick usually does well with malcontents and people who got labeled elsewhere:  Corey Dillon was a malcontent, Randy Moss did ok here for a while, Matt Cassel was a joke coming out of college, Steve Neal had never before played football.  This guy's bad girl nickname is Barbie Carpenter because he was soft against the run, but his rep is a hard-hitting heavy linebacker when he's got it going.  We'll see.  If he really can't play the run, he'll be in on passing downs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Carpenter:
    In Response to Re: Bobby Carpenter :      If that's so, why did BB sign him?
    Posted by TexasPat3

Because he is the best coach in the league and he thinks he can get something out of him.  I'm not saying he won't contribute, but I think most of his contributions will be on special teams or as a backup so don't get too excited about him.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

He played in Detriot last year

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I have seen carpenter play on many occasions. He is not making this team unless they scrap Guyton and someone else to create a spot. I think BB is trying to just create a lot of camp competition to see what sticks. This by no means addresses our needs at olb. We still need to fill it during or after the draft.

Sections
Shortcuts