Bodden and Chung

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Re: Bodden and Chung

I'll believe it when I see it.  Chung hasn't ever quite put it all together, and I remember being somewhat unimpressed with Bodden the year before last.  I expect them both to be rather unspectacular...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Ad Dowling to the mix plus whatever we get from Arrington, Butler and Wilhite (I know, I know) and this is a CB group that is shaping up pretty well. 

Very much looking forward to seeing how the safeties shake out.  Clearly Chung is a given (and a really good one); looking for good things from the rest.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I agree that if they can stayhealthy Bodden and Chung should have big years. In spite of one of the above comments, Bodden had a very good year his first year here. He is a very solid CB. Chung is a big timne play maker. One of the things missing going into last year was a core group of real playmakers, difference makers on D. Players to replace the group of Ty Law, Willie McGinest, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, Mike Vrabel, Teddy Bruski... I think Mayo, Chung, McCourty, Wilfork all are that. Bodden possibly. Haynesworth if he comes to play. Spikes possibly. Hoping Cunningham steps up to that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

I hope that Bodden will be everything you say but for me, I have to see players, (who have not been on a football field for over a year), actually play in game situations before I can evaluate their state of play.  Everything else is specualtion.  However id the reports you have from camp are true, then that is very good news indeed.

As for Chung he looked very good last year in general and I expect him to step it up this season.

That said, I believe, as in I have it on faith alone, that this year with a revamped Dline and a better pass rush overall, that the pass defense will be very good and against the run, this defense should be a beast.  We will see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

You had to bring him up, King.

I love Pat Chung, but his build and the reckless way he plays... he reminds me uncomfortably of Sanders.  If he can stay on the field, I have no doubt he'll become one of the top safeties in the league.  But I think that's a big "if."

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Stupid Chung...why can't he be like all the other 3rd year players and have it all "put together". I mean, Brady put it all together in Year 2! What is this guy, not as good at safety as Brady at QB? That's just totally acceptable.

Honestly, my ONLY fear with the secondary is Meriweather. He came in last year and tried to do things his way. He got his playing time reduced, and seemed to striaghten it out. Then he got fined and took a week to realize his transgression. He freelances far too much, in a disciplined D like in NE, if he's not doing what he's SUPPOSED to be doing, he'll make the CBs look very bad. I really think this defense will get better without Meriweather, addition by subtraction. He'l be great lighting guys up and making picks for a bad team, which is where he belongs. Send him off to Cincy, he would fit in splendidly.

Asdie from that, McCourty/Bodden/Chung is a VERY VERY good trio. Only maybe PHI has a better CB/CB/S trio. Possibly the NYJ, but I am NOT a fan of Cromartie, and think he is way overrated, I thought that when he was in SD too. He's a lot like Meri, likes to freelance and do his own thing and take chances to pad his INT total, no matter if it's a 4 point game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Bodden and Chung:
    [QUOTE]Per Bedard's Practice Report: "Chung and CB Leigh Bodden continue to have outstanding camps. Both are playing extremely tight coverage all over the field. Bodden has been a real pain to the receivers. He barely lets them breathe. Chung has been very tough on the tight ends." Prediction:  Each have All Pro caliber seasons. I have some family that have been going to games as season ticket holders since the 1970s, and they got back from the season ticket holders-only practice last night and said, "this D will be mean and nasty.  They are ready to kill the receivers and backs, but obviously can't." Anyone else go? I heard some bozo call up 98.5 the other day saying Bodden was "average to below average". lol!! Of course, it sort of sounded like he had a NY accent.  Unreal. I've said it before, will say it again. The guy's rep has never materialized on a national scale beacuse of where he played. It's like when Aneas Williams played in Arizona.  Sure, Williams was a slight notch above Bodden, but I am telling you. Expect good things. You have McCourty and now Bodden back with a 3rd year Chung who is primed. Will be their best secondary since 2004.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Bodden and Chung's coverages last night were very good and McCourty was lights out.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden and Chung:
    [QUOTE]I'll believe it when I see it.  Chung hasn't ever quite put it all together, and I remember being somewhat unimpressed with Bodden the year before last.  I expect them both to be rather unspectacular...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

You have to be kidding me!  You are either a band-wagon Pats fan who is just chirping for the sake of chirping or you are a troll trying to stir things up.

Chung was outstanding last year until he got hurt.  Then he was playing at about 75% of himself the rest of the year. 

Bodden was outstanding the year before. 

Not sure what games you watched, but this is going to be one of the finest defensive backfields in the NFL this year.  Especially since they are obviously changing up scheme to apply more QB pressure.  This will make the DB's job all that much easier. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dna53. Show dna53's posts

Bodden has looked good but i'm waiting for Arrington to comeback before iI give the starting spot to Bodden...Chung is the leader back there...playing well

60maxpowero.com 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Thanks for the practice insight from last night.  As if we're not excited enough about the year. Glad to hear Bodden looks to be in stride with two years ago, looking forward to Chungs continued development.  If his "reckless" style of play breaks him down sooner than a non-reckless style, I'll take it and enjoy it while it lasts.  
       I like the all-business demeanor the defensive backfield as a whole is giving off this year.  Haven't seen a picture of anyone smiling yet.  Good to hear they look to be craving some fierce contact.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The potential for Bodden and Mccourty to be one of the best tandems in the league is there. I think we should all be excited about this combo. I really like Chung but the health factor and style of play is concerning. I like to see him lay the wood and all but I almost think we need more of a ball hawk back there. I kind of see Chung as a Brian Dawkins type but hope that he gets a little more Ed Reed to him( relax I am not saying he is anywhere near as good as either guy) anyway I am as excited about watching our defense as I have been since 04!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Chung took a major step forward last year from his rookie season.  If guys like Cunningham and Spikes can also make the year two jump, this defense is going to be awfully special. 

The defense has a lot of depth except for LB.  If BB can pick-up a few solid LB's, this defense will be deep with talent at all the positions.  I can't remember a season where they were this talented and deep at all the key positions. 

Assuming the team stays relatively healthy, this may be the most "complete" Patriots team ever assembled.  There is more talent on this team than at any time I can remember and that includes the undefeated regular season!

Just one man's opinion!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

King. I dont know what the problem is, Bodden doesnt get respected nearly as enough as he should. I hate when ppl call up sports radio and say we should go get another good corner with mccourty... WE ALREADY HAVE ONE!
    I love Bodden and what he brings to our team. Hes physical, good coverage & ball skills. When he was with the browns, Ocho said he was the toughest corner he had to play against. 
    The one season he played with the pats, he had a very good season in a very mediocre secondary and with a mediocre front. Last year, he was starting to get recognized, during the start of the season, he was ranked top 10 corner but he got injured so hes back to where he started. I have no doubt he'll have a great year.
    LOL @ Chung has yet to put it together... 

With the Pass Rush improvement with vince & albert up front, this secondary is gonna shut ppl down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

2007 team had more talent

Seymour-Wilfork-Warren-Green /> Wilfork-Haynesworth-???
    Colvin-Vrabel /> Cunningham-Moore-Nink
    Bruschi-Seau-Thomas ~ Mayo-Spikes-Guyton
    Rodney-Sanders /> Chung-Mary-Sanders
    Asante-Hobbs-Gay ~ Mcoutney-Bodden-??

Best O-Line Ever /> ??-Mankins-Koppen-??-Vollmer
    Watson-Kyle Brady < Gronk-Hernandez
    Maroney < Anyone
    Faulk /> Anyone
    Moss-Welker-Gaffney-Stallworth /> Ocho-Branch-Welker

Brady = Brady

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Wow, apparently on this magnificent website you can't type ">" without them inserting a / in front of it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I like our nickel the best I think...

Cunningham, folk, albert, wright

Mayo, guyton

bodden, chung, merriwether, mccourty, dowling

pretty tough I think...If they can add an OLB/DE like Roth to replace wright or guyton I think we would be over the top...

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts