Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smorgan86. Show smorgan86's posts

Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue

That being the organizations' stream of misfires on FA aquisitions. From a business perspective their return on investment has been horrible. Whether you thought Bodden was a stud DB or not, apparently the organization thought he was worth the nice contract they bestowed on him. Big mistake and again the frustration of throwing good money after bad and getting nothing in return.
    I'm still "up" on the team (somewhat) but these are BAD business decisions that are continuing to mount and hurt the team.
    We've been squandering draft picks and money on players that aren't delivering. I know I'm going to hear how this latest hit will have no impact...but it will.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue

In Response to Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue:
    That being the organizations' stream of misfires on FA aquisitions. From a business perspective their return on investment has been horrible. Whether you thought Bodden was a stud DB or not, apparently the organization thought he was worth the nice contract they bestowed on him. Big mistake and again the frustration of throwing good money after bad and getting nothing in return. I'm still "up" on the team (somewhat) but these are BAD business decisions that are continuing to mount and hurt the team. We've been squandering draft picks and money on players that aren't delivering. I know I'm going to hear how this latest hit will have no impact...but it will.
    Posted by smorgan86

You nailed it here bud. We darn well should have known Bodden was going to tear his shoulder and be placed on IR. Belichick is losing his touch. I don't see how he didn't see Ty Warren landing on the IR as well. What gives? If only Belichick had the ability to see the future we may have been succesful during his era.

Good Post Stanley!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phizzeldickus. Show Phizzeldickus's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue:
    In Response to Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue : You nailed it here bud. We darn well should have known Bodden was going to tear his shoulder and be placed on IR. Belichick is losing his touch. I don't see how he didn't see Ty Warren landing on the IR as well. What gives? If only Belichick had the ability to see the future we may have been succesful during his era. Good Post Stanley!
    Posted by TrueChamp

In all fairness to Mr. Morgan here, Rustygriswold told me the reason why the Patriots were so sucessful was due in fact that Bill Belichick use to consult with the famous psy-chick (spelled wrong on purpose) the ever famous Madame Cleo!!

And since Madame Cleo had to take a vacation (prison) Mr Billichick hasnt had that special guide at his finger tips. Ahhh but there is hope, I hear she is due parole soon....Go Team.................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue:
    In Response to Re: Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue : In all fairness to Mr. Morgan here, Rustygriswold told me the reason why the Patriots were so sucessful was due in fact that Bill Belichick use to consult with the famous psy-chick (spelled wrong on purpose) the ever famous Madame Cleo!! And since Madame Cleo had to take a vacation (prison) Mr Billichick hasnt had that special guide at his finger tips. Ahhh but there is hope, I hear she is due parole soon....Go Team.................
    Posted by Phizzeldickus

Haven't been at it for a couple of days, has Russ slithered back under the rock at the bottom of Bill's fish tank? God I'll miss that Koolaid drinker. On second thought he's probably just breaking down film of the Giants so Bill will properly know how to employ coverages, blitzes and motivational talk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

waah waah waah waah waah waah waah waah.  I sure hope our lousy, unsuccessful team starts playing like they did BEFORE Bill got there.  If we can win all the Superbowls we got THEN, we will be happy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

That being the organizations' stream of misfires on FA aquisitions. Posted by smorgan86

BB keeps getting burned with FA, better to rebuild through the draft

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

last week or so it feels like I accidentally went to Boston.pms 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

That being the organizations' stream of misfires on FA aquisitions. From a business perspective their return on investment has been horrible. Whether you thought Bodden was a stud DB or not, apparently the organization thought he was worth the nice contract they bestowed on him. 
    Posted by smorgan86

I think they were smart to sign Bodden.  What concerns me more is that they've drafted so many "value" DBs over the past year (while refusing to sign Samuel) and have had a lasting hole in the secondary.  McCourty is an exception--and a welcome one--to the approach they've taken in the past.  But I have to question whether all the stockpiled draft picks are producing enough real value for the team.  Increasingly this team is filled with old guys who break down and mediocre young guys who struggle to stay in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue: For all their improvement, the Jets are built to win-now and have a lousy rollout QB they are "committed to" who will negate it all. And you call BB an idiot?
    In Response to Re: Bodden on IR part of a bigger issue : Having one of the worst starting QB's in recent memory ought to be what you are thinking about.  Sanchez is a complete stiff - no amount of NY overhype can dress up that pig.
    Posted by Encinitas

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

Where do these idiots come from?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll refrain from labeling and name calling in responding, difficult though it may be.

The original poster's assertions make perfect sense so long as you don't think about them.  Once you apply the cold light of reason to them however they become rather comical.

Get a grip - BB was supposed to anticipate Bodden would go down with a bad shoulder how?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I agree - How could BB / Kraft not have known that Bodden was going to get injured ???

They are losing their touch !! We are doomed !

I think we should all start rooting for the Jets -  with all the big name players, they will be winning the super bowl this year !

Sections
Shortcuts