Bodden out for year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

Re: Bodden out for year

In Response to Bodden out for year:
    ]Wow.  What a way to start the year. Bodden on IR.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure a lot of people here (Russ) won't think it's a big deal and everything is OK.  I'm sure Butler and McCordy will be able to cover Owens and OchoCinco in week 1.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden out for year:
    [QUOTE]Yea anyone who trys to say this is not a huge blow to the team is a moron. Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

yes, this is a huge fking blow. we lose alot of veteran leadership 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

As I write this from my laptop I'm about half way towards the water...I just jumped off the Charles. Russ, you'd probably like that, wouldn't you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]As I write this from my laptop I'm about half way towards the water...I just jumped off the Charles. Russ, you'd probably like that, wouldn't you?
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Russ is either dropping acid, or very,very,very, young.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Huge blow to the team to say the least They must have the youngest secondary in the league now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

This is by no means a good thing, but all the Pats can do is move on. You only find out how good you are when you face adversity - if this team is truly a team capable of going deep in the playoffs, they are greater than one player.

Bodden is a great player, don't get me wrong, but to put him above the rest of the team and this teams goals is wrong.

Butler showed flashes last year and he has a ton of potential, and McCourty looks to be growing and growing already.

Will this hurt our secondary? Sure. But does this mean that we're not capable of winning games? No.

As the mantra goes: Next man up. 

McCourty has shown he can play very well, and Butler is a bucket-load of potential just waiting to be utilized. 

It hurts, yes, but if this was a super-bowl caliber team before this injury, they still are afterwards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Bodden out for year:
    [QUOTE]Wow.  What a way to start the year. Bodden on IR.
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]Wow that McCourty 1st round pick is looking better and better now.All those who thought it was a bad idea raise your hand.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, one of the other guys had BETTER step up big.  Bodden was one of the few bright spots on last years Defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

HUGE loss. I don't think this makes it a lock that Wheatley or Wilhite make the team though. Look for BB to go pick up AT LEAST 1 if not 2 veteran CB's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

another bridge year for a Boston sports team.This blows.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Start scanning the waiver wires.  We also have alot of picks next year, maybe a trade.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Wow, that's a tough loss.  On the positive side, McCourty looks like he will be a man for you.  The bad thing is that you don't have another CB on the team worth a dang.  Tough place on the roster to lose your best player... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

At least it wasn't Edelman and/or Hernandez to IR

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]At least it wasn't Edelman and/or Hernandez to IR
    Posted by sfpat[/QUOTE]

Please don't mention this, it will jinx them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

and Ravens just traded for one of Seattle's starting corners....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

Anybody know if he was hurt in (preseason) game action?  If hurt in practice, maybe the Pats need to turn it down a notch against each other. What did Bodden and Warren have to prove?  I HATE the preseason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

QBs have always been the highest paid players. There is a reason why OLT, DE, WR and CBs are higher paid than the remaining positions: the rules make this a passing league. So losing your best CB IS a big deal.

This doesn't mean the Patriots can't win games or that they can't win their division. It doesn't mean they can't go deep into the playoffs. But all these things become more difficult.

Note that losing Ty Warren hurt both the run D and the passrush from the 3 down linemen sets. Add losing their best CB and the D has some issues to resolve.

Still, there are no teams out there right now that don't seem to have issues. Injuries can ultimately doom any team. But generally the questions are: is there enough talent behind the injured player and do other units on the team raise their game to offset a loss elsewhere?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

WE ARE F*********D!  This is a huge blow of course!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Hopefully Arrington can step up because Wilhite and Wheatley haven't shown that they can.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

we are so f*cked, this season just got a whole lot harder. After vince he was the second most imp defensive player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

Huge loss, easily cost us some wins this year against pass heavy teams...  I hope something happens to secure another player.  I was just getting used to the idea that we would rarely see whilhite/wheatley again this year...  So much for that!  Bodden is a blow that will be tough to recover from, hopefully it won't cost us too high of a pick next year...  I'm not counting the Patriots out by any means, just being realistic.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

This blows, we lose Bodden who was IMO the best DB on the team last year. McCourty will be starting sooner rather then later with this injury. I pray we don't get hit by another injury like this. We lost two starters and the season hasn't even started yet. F'cking great...

I still think we can pull through, Butler showed promise last year while McCourty has looked decent during the preseason. I pray neither Butler nor McCourty get injured because that would leave us in a much worse situation then we are in right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Oh my gosh it's the end of the world!  Oh my gosh we've never had an injured player before!

Grow up whiners.  Better yet, find another team.  Pats are gonna hoist the Lombardy no matter who goes down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

EARTHWIND

MORELAND

Now relax

Sections
Shortcuts