Bodden Resigns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Bodden Resigns

Show your happiness...

Original story broke by Michail Lombardi but now being refuted as premature.

So I do NOT know except to say it was posted on National Football Post and tweeted by Michael Lombardi.

** Alvin Keels Boddens agent says Leigh has not made a final decision yet.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Bodden Resigns

Most excellent. 

Depending on the money, this has been a very good off season so far. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Link? 

That would be a good sign, and make some fair-weather fans stop breathing so heavily. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden Resigns:
    Link?  That would be a good sign, and make some fair-weather fans stop breathing so heavily. 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Came across on Twitter via Michael Lombardi. Maybe check his site?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Contrary report now out so hold the phone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Accoding to Rotoworld.com   Bodden resigns with Pats:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=169461

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

OK now Shefter reporting it was filed with ESPN and agreed to in principle

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden Resigns:
    Contrary report now out so hold the phone.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

It says that his agent is refuting it and that it is "premature". His agent says that Bodden is still weighing his options.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Adam Shefter reported it done.

Its done. 

I LOVE how yesterday someone was jumping the gun and saying this team is in rebuilding mode. Child please

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Adam_Schefter

1. Correct RT @ArmandoSalguero: And even amid denials from his agent, I am told Leigh Bodden WILL be returning to the Patriots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Good re-sign for Pats.  I like it! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Agent says Bodden hasn't re-signed with the Patriots

In response to a report that cornerback Leigh Bodden has decided to re-sign with the New England Patriots, agent Alvin Keels says via Twitter that that report is "not true and premature at best."

Keels also says that Bodden is evaluating his options.

The veteran cornerback recently visited the Texans, but he apparently left without signing a contract.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/08/agent-says-bodden-hasnt-resigned-with-the-patriots/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agent56. Show agent56's posts

His agent says he has not resigned with the Pats. The article is on Profootballtalk.com

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Thank god. Now I feel a lot better going into the draft. If he went somewhere else we would be in real trouble. Now we only have to replace 4 starters and upgrade 4-5 spots. That's atleast managable through the draft and a couple good signings

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Good stuff - Currently is our best cover corner...I'm glad they did this! Now if Butler can be the man on the other side! - now we are talking....

@ pick #22 the Patriots select: B. Graham - OLB/DE MICHIGAN -

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Bodden tale a twisted one

Posted by Albert Breer March 8, 2010 09:33 PM

Bodden23.jpgI think my pal Lindsay Jones (that's @PostBroncos to you guys) of the Denver Post put it best with this Tweet: I love me some Twitter, but this Leigh Bodden mess is a reminder of how it can be dangerous.

Here's hoping this game of he-said, she-said ends soon.

And now, what I've heard ... According to a source with intimate knowledge of the situation, Patriots free-agent CB Leigh Bodden is expected to make a decision on his future in the next 24 hours.

Bodden was in Houston to visit with the Texans today, and his camp has maintained that the Patriots would have a shot at retaining the corner when it gets to decision time, which is now upon us.

Had things remained up in the air, Seattle was going to be the next team for Bodden to visit, though it doesn't appear as if that will happen at this point. The Steelers have also had discussions with the free agent, who spent his first five seasons with the Browns, and played for Detroit in 2008.

And so there you have it, as far as I know it. We'll pass along more answers as we get them.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/03/bodden_tale_a_t.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

he will make up his mind within 24 hrs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Hopefully this deal can get done....I believe that they didnt want it to leak, but unfortunately you cant stop Schefter.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

You never know how much more money could be thrown at him by Houston! Game isn't over til the fat lady sings. I'm old school so you have to show me before I  get to excited.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Schefter's sources are usually associated with the league office.  If it's close enough they are talking with the league it's VERY close. Maybe some language needs to be sorted out,

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I was going to say the same thing... There is no way it is not done or close to done as was stated it is probably a situation of language... Schefter has amazing contacts so add him to Reiss and I take it as nearly Gospel.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Of course Bodden's agent will say he is not signed, because he is not signed.  But that doesnt mean that the deal is not almost done. 

I think this is great news.  If this gets done today it would be compared to a great free agent signing, but the difference is that he has already played one season here and has a good understanding of BB's defense.  Also I read that Butler wants him back.  He has a lot of potential and it would be good to see NE finally lock in thier CB's for the future.  If NE can get some sort of pressure on the QB then we can possibly be in better spirits in 2010.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

huh... my post dissapeared... anyway I said basicly Schefter and Reiss report it it is true... nough said!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hopefully Bodden and the Pats come to terms today!  The Pats need Bodden in their lineup next yr.  Him on one side along with Springs / Butler on the other.  Hopefully Butler continues to get better.  We know what Springs can do.  The other guys - have A LOT to work to do.....Without Bodden, the Pats Cover Corners are very weak.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

His agent is just being....an agent, of course he's going to deny anything until the last minute to keep the market artificially high.  When Shefter and Reiss report something as fact, it's a done deal in my mind, I dont think i've ever seen Shefter whiff like that before.  Good move by the Pats to get him back in the fold, Darius Butler is by no means a number one corner yet and behind him the quality is, well lacking...

Sections
Shortcuts