Bodden Resigns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Bodden Resigns

In Response to Re: Bodden Resigns:
    His agent is just being....an agent, of course he's going to deny anything until the last minute to keep the market artificially high.  When Shefter and Reiss report something as fact, it's a done deal in my mind, I dont think i've ever seen Shefter whiff like that before.  Good move by the Pats to get him back in the fold, Darius Butler is by no means a number one corner yet and behind him the quality is, well lacking...
    Posted by andrewmcintosh

Reiss did not report the deal was done.  He simply reported Shefter's report. 

Shefter has been good at scoops, but he has also gone out on the limb and sawed the branch at the trunk, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden Resigns:
    In Response to Re: Bodden Resigns : Reiss did not report the deal was done.  He simply reported Shefter's report.  Shefter has been good at scoops, but he has also gone out on the limb and sawed the branch at the trunk, too.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Good point I hadn't realized that before, so at this point it's Lombardi and Shefter reporting it as a done deal.  In my mind that's still pretty concrete, and Shefter has done nothing but reassert this in the past few hours.  Patriots insider has a report on the details

5 years/25 mil with 10 guaranteed, which sounds like good market value for a player of his caliber on the open market

P.S. Jason La Canfora is reporting the same, this seems like a done deal

Edit: post above beat me to it, but several more nfl "insiders" have put their names on this story as well

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand YES!!!!!! the one shining free agent pickup from last year that hadn't already been with us before... the guy was money, and i was almost sick he was leaving..  nice pickup pats!  now get him a match!  Pressure=Pick, Cover=Sack!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If true that's a great deal for both sides. Not huge money but more then respectable.

Now I'm really feeling much better about this offseason. At worst we've stand relatively the same from last year but the rookies have a year under their belt.