Bodden resigns!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Bodden resigns!

2. Michael Lombardi michaelombardi Leigh Bodden resigns with the NE Patriots.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

Re: Bodden resigns!

Love it.  keeping wilfork, TBC and now Bodden -- better than I thought we'd do to be honest.  Nice work, BB!

No go get b marshall?  maybe?  no?  

You know best.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2010/03/08/report-leigh-bodden-re-signs-with-the-patriots/

Oh no!

This is from his agent on Twitter:

AlvinKeels

Reports of Leigh Bodden re-signing with the Patriots are not true and pre-mature at best. Leigh is still evaluating his options

Alvin Keels AlvinKeels via Twitter Leigh has always indicated his desire to return to New England but nothing is official and probably will not be until 2mrw at the earliest

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Crap! got my hopes up!
    where did Lombardi pull that from???

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

According to Rotoworld.com  Bodden resigns with Pats:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=169461

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Patriots reached agreement in principle with free-agent cornerback Leigh Bodden.

Shefter usually right on..so I think w've got good news here

Bodden is probably flying back to Gillette to sign with Pats:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2614&line=169461&spln=1

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter ArmandoSalguero: And even amid denials from his agent, I am told Leigh Bodden WILL be returning to the Patriots.
    Adam_Schefter Correct

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/08/agent-says-bodden-hasnt-resigned-with-the-patriots/

Agent says Bodden hasn't re-signed with the Patriots

In response to a report that cornerback Leigh Bodden has decided to re-sign with the New England Patriots, agent Alvin Keels says via Twitter that that report is "not true and premature at best."

Keels also says that Bodden is evaluating his options.

The veteran cornerback recently visited the Texans, but he apparently left without signing a contract.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

All Right!! Now we can be as good as we were last year!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Great move.  The important thing is the team didn't take a step BACKWARDS this year in free agency by losing key guys like they usually do.  Now they can use the ammunition they have (4 picks in the first 53) to acquire young talent either through the draft or trades.  By the way, they're saying a bunch of teams have 50 (!!!!) players with first round grades in the draft this year.  That means the Patriots theoretically could have 4 first round quality rookies, or trade for a young star.  I like it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

GO get Brandon Graham in the draft then trade a 2nd round pick for Richard Marrsall from carilonia and you will have an amazing D for the next 6 years

Adam Schefter Adam_Schefter RT @McClain_on_NFL: Keels said nothing would be offcial until Tuesday. That means they have a deal, but Bodden hasn't signed yet.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

Wow!!  This is great news!  If we didnt get him back there was only slim pickings left for corners.  Big move for the Pats.  I go to Boston.com for the posters because they get the news before the journalist.lol  Sad but true.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

OK, so he took a look at the field and realized what I told him yesterday,that if he played at Reliant Stadium it would be the end of his career. One trip up and down that hell hole would tell any player who wants to play more than one season safely to get the heck out of the place.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Good sign! - Glad he is back. 

**I agree with the B. Graham at 22 pick! - this guys motor is tremendous!

Good Summary of what just happened....lol

Confusion on Bodden landing spot

March 8, 2010, 8:25 pm

By Tom E. Curran

There's a reporting train wreck unfolding on the Leigh Bodden beat.

Multiple tweets including one from ESPN's Adam Schefter has the Patriots' corner agreeing to a deal with the Patrots after spending the past 24 hours or so visiting the Houston Texans.

Other "Bodden to Pats" tweeters included John McLain of the Houston Chronicle and Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald and Michael Lombardi of NFL Network and National Football Post (and Belichick buddy).

Those got retweeted out the wazoo by interested parties including the Boston Herald's Ian Rapoport who amplified each retweet with a "Woah!" indicating he's easily impressed and not clear on the spelling of certain exclamatory remarks.

Then Chris Gasper of the Globe gave a "not so fast" and so did Mike Reiss from ESPNBoston. Finally, Bodden's agent Alvin Keels chimed in saying the reports of a done deal were premature.

Frankly, after watching Keels' act last year with Bengals draft pick Andre Smith, I was convinced the guy could "mess" up a one-car funeral. The clusterfudge with Bodden and this twitterpic of his only reinforces that belief.

Some stories you're going to get first. Some you aren't. I'm not getting this one first. But I plan to get it right. Check in with you later.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

lol sounds like Curran likes to ride the post. Reiss has been 50/50 lately and I'm not sure if his contacts are as good as they use to be. Schefter however has been dead on almost everything the last couple years and if he says the paperwork is filed and will be reported tomorrow I have to believe the main body of the agreement is complete and signed off on but Boddens agent is still trying to get every last dime out of the incentives as he can, which is his job so I don't blame him. I just don't think he expected this to come out so soon, esp coming from NE the place is normally locked down like fort knox. So if he did't deny it he'd have zero leverage

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden resigns!:
    lol sounds like Curran likes to ride the post. Reiss has been 50/50 lately and I'm not sure if his contacts are as good as they use to be. Schefter however has been dead on almost everything the last couple years and if he says the paperwork is filed and will be reported tomorrow I have to believe the main body of the agreement is complete and signed off on but Boddens agent is still trying to get every last dime out of the incentives as he can, which is his job so I don't blame him. I just don't think he expected this to come out so soon, esp coming from NE the place is normally locked down like fort knox. So if he did't deny it he'd have zero leverage
    Posted by PatsEng

Ride the post? I know it seems pretty foreign here with the garbage we have for sportswriters, and the sensationalism spewing forth from the clowns at ESPN. But it's called journalistic integrity. How can you complain when a guy actually shows some restraint rather than just throwing rumors around to give the impression that he got the scoop? Curran is one of the good ones.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the report said he will make up his mind within 24 hrs.