Bodden to IR means Wheatley and/or Wilhite get substantial PT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Bodden to IR means Wheatley and/or Wilhite get substantial PT

That is not a good thing! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Re: Bodden to IR means Wheatley and/or Wilhite get substantial PT

and with no pass rush what so ever spells  trouble...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not trying to be an alarmist, but I think Bodden would have been their most consistent CB.  The upside is that it's do or die for Wheatley, Wilhite and proving time for Butler and McCourty.  Getting these guys experience isn't a bad thing, and I honestly think this Pats squad is destined to be a playoff team with little shot at a SB.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Bodden to IR means Wheatley and/or Wilhite get substantial PT:
    [QUOTE]That is not a good thing! 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

i like the tops those ladies are wearing in your avatar, great colors

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

That's not good, but I would point out that last year was his first year.  It's not like someone couldn't step up this year just like he did last year. 

Still it would have been nice to go into the season knowing for sure that one CB spot was set.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Maybe a veteran pickup is called for here.  No way should Wheatley and Wilhite be on a roster together.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden to IR means Wheatley and/or Wilhite get substantial PT:
    [QUOTE]That's not good, but I would point out that last year was his first year.  It's not like someone couldn't step up this year just like he did last year.  Still it would have been nice to go into the season knowing for sure that one CB spot was set.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

True, I think someone will step up, and it will be one of the young guys (Butler, McCourty).  The guy who gets his PT will be immediately picked on and I predict a lot of yards given up at first during the OJT period.  It's not outside the realm of possibility that Butler and McCourty are this team's opening day CB tandem.  Which means that Wheatly and/or Wilhite each move up the depth chart.      

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Its a good thing this was our deepest defensive position. Looks like 3#1's in the secondary, Merriweather,Chung and McCourty. Butler gets the 2nd spot nod with....Wilhite or Wheatley getting the nickel/slot, hopefully one of these guys gained some valuable experience last year and are ready to step up. I actually have confidence in them but with all that said this is a tremendous blow!

Butler could play against the opposing teams largest receiver. I think this automatically becomes McCourty's job all year. He is a rookie and will make mistakes but I really think he can do the job.

It seems like this always happens to us but I think every fan of any team will say the same thing.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Welcome to the NFL Devin Mccourty, here's your playbook.  Make sure you memorize it by tomorrow so you can execute it perfectly because we need you to be the best CB on the team by your first game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

They have to pick up some veterans somehow. Teams are going to attack them all day everyday. The only consolation is that Bodden was hurt most of camp so they played plenty without him :| I fear broken big plays and yellow flags flying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Who are the available vets though?  Either wait for the cut lists or go with the young guys.  I vote for the latter, unless they get a vet just for depth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

At least we have a good pass rush.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Well Butler, McCourty, Wheatley and Wilhitte lets see what your made of.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden to IR means Wheatley and/or Wilhite get substantial PT:
    [QUOTE] Wheatley and Wilhitte lets see what your made of.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

ugh, i guess its time for them to step it up

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Cut that Wilhite, bring in a bag of balls and paint 24 on the center and put him in the slot. I bet the bag would make more plays on the ball than Wilhite. 

I hope Wheatley is ok, Wilhite suks so hard! =l

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

[QUOTE]Yea anyone who trys to say this is not a huge blow to the team is a moron. Plain and simple. We lost Ty Warren and now we lost our best CB and are left with a rookie, a second year player and a bunch of guys who have no business starting in the NFL. I am not saying we are done for not for a long shot but our defense just got a lot worse.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said this any better!! good post! we are in trouble.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Its time for someone to step up. The McCourty pick right now looks like pure genius. I see Butler and McCourty starting, not a bad thing but no longer a strenght. Before we put Bodden on IR I saw CB as a strenght, that is no longer the case.

Only good thing is that McCourty gets more reps and more experience, which is a good thing.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We won 11 games without Tom Brady I think we'll be ok.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should sign lito sheppard to provide the vet leadership.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Wheatley has been showing great promise in camp and in the games. Wilhite is suspect when they are not in zone. When they play zone he is sufficent but not great...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Have to pick up some one!  Wheatley is hurt. judging from the way he looked Thursday, he will either be pup'd, IR'd ,or released.  I do think he has talent but the poor kid can't stay on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts