Bodden turns down 4 year 16 million

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

So he's playing for a contract.. Gotta love that.. I bet he gets 5~8 picks this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

if this si true then this guy is all about the money which for me is a bad way to start a relashinship with the team. So now we already know that at the end of the year he will want big money. Unless he sucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

He's got some serious incentive to play well, I like it. 99% of the league is all about money!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from benBlev. Show benBlev's posts

What worries me is that if the Pats dont re-up Wilfork, and Mankins and this guy does good. It means we will have to fork over big money to all 3 next year which could be difficult.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This is pretty much what I expected. If Bodden plays his can off here, he can get fat contract, here or elsewhere. I don't know about the so-called uncapped year; something tells me that Goodell and the owners don't want that to happen. No one wants labor strife or a lockout so something will be done (rookie salary cap ?). I expect Wilfork and Mankins to get paid, but if the Pats win the Super Bowl alot of dudes will be looking to cash in.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

ben if we dont get a deal done with Mankins/Wilfork and then Bodden has a gfood year you can say goodbye to Bodden cause we wont pay him over those two guys.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rcasey28. Show rcasey28's posts

Nice Seinfeld reference Pats_4ever!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

That was Florio over at ProFootballTalk who referenced Seinfeld. He loves that show and makes a lot of Seinfeld comments on his web site.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Sounds kind of strange. Don't you think if he turned down $16 mil over 4 yrs he'd be able to get at least $4 mil on a one yr deal?? Maybe not much of that $16 mil would have been guaranteed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

[Quote]if this si true then this guy is all about the money which for me is a bad way to start a relashinship with the team. So now we already know that at the end of the year he will want big money. Unless he sucks.[/Quote]

I agree killa but like BSll said he is under a lot of self inflicted pressure to play great, that will be a positive for us. Worst case he plays great and signs somewhere else next year. We will then get a 3rd or 4th round comp. pick next year for short money this year. Win, win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Ted Danson money . . .

That's pretty funny.

Was that your aside or Florio's?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[Quote][Quote]
    This is pretty much what I expected. If Bodden plays his can off here, he can get fat contract, here or elsewhere. I don't know about the so-called uncapped year; something tells me that Goodell and the owners don't want that to happen. No one wants labor strife or a lockout so something will be done (rookie salary cap ?). I expect Wilfork and Mankins to get paid, but if the Pats win the Super Bowl alot of dudes will be looking to cash in.

[/Quote]

Everyone talks about an uncapped year but what does that do for you when it comes to multiyear contracts? Do you front load it so the bulk is paid the first year and then hope the player doesn't fold for the rest of the time? Doesn't make much sense to me.[/Quote]

If I am a GM I want incentive-laden contracts that are back loaded with as little as guaranteed as possible. If I am an agent I want the money up front. Nothing has changed except no CBA. Again I think the whole uncapped year thing is premature right now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I think it could play out like this, if Bodden plays well enough to get himself a good deal we will try to resign him and lets just say we do we do resign him and before we even got to him we resign Wilfork so that takes care of Bodden and Wilfork and then I see us giving teh franchise tag to Mankins. We will try and get a deal done with him but if we cant he will play with the tag on him for a year and then we will lose him but i really see us tagging him cause no way we just let him walk.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHILZONE686. Show PHILZONE686's posts

I want Ted Danson money

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notbasketball. Show notbasketball's posts

big risk for him considering almost every DB the pats have had over the past 6years has spent basically half the games on the bench with injuries(except samuel). Almost as they're cursed. Hopefully for his sake it doesnt turn out he should have taken the cash

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

That's all fine and dandy, but, who the hell is Leigh Bodden?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, he's certainly not Antoine Cason or Cletis Gordon . . .

whoever they are.

Sections
Shortcuts