Bodden undergoes back surgery

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Bodden undergoes back surgery

I couldn't see anything on this, sorry if it's been posted already. 

per PFT:
    Cornerback Leigh Bodden’s release by the Patriots took a lot of people by surprise.

He didn’t immediately get another job (he worked out for the Chiefs), and now we know why. His agent Alvin Keels revealed Thursday that Bodden just underwent surgery for a herniated disc in his back.

Bodden suffered the injury in Week One against the Dolphins and played through it to increasingly poor results. Bodden, who signed a nice contract after the 2009 season, hasn’t been fully healthy for a complete game since he signed that deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Bodden undergoes back surgery

In Response to Bodden undergoes back surgery:
    I couldn't see anything on this, sorry if it's been posted already.  per PFT: Cornerback Leigh Bodden ’s release by the Patriots took a lot of people by surprise. He didn’t immediately get another job (he worked out for the Chiefs), and now we know why. His agent Alvin Keels revealed Thursday that Bodden just underwent surgery for a herniated disc in his back. Bodden suffered the injury in Week One against the Dolphins and played through it to increasingly poor results. Bodden, who signed a nice contract after the 2009 season, hasn’t been fully healthy for a complete game since he signed that deal.
    Posted by TFB12

More evidence that BB knows as well as anybody when to cut someone loose.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

is there a possibillity for an injury settlement now and what would that entail

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden undergoes back surgery:
    In Response to Re: Bodden undergoes back surgery : If only he knew when not to sign them in the first place
    Posted by JetMangione

If only............If only 31 other teams knew about this guy from Michigan drafted in the 6th round

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden undergoes back surgery : If only............If only 31 other teams knew about this guy from Michigan drafted in the 6th round
    Posted by Rocky

That is the dumbest argument. If BB had any idea how good Tom Brady would be, I am sure he would left on him on the board for 199 picks before taking him. Here is a list of guys that Belichick thought were better, and he needed to be sure that he got them before Tom Brady: Adrian Klemm, JR Redmond, Greg Randall, Dave Stachelski, Jeff Marriott and Antwan Harris.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

At least now we know why he was cut, seemed to be a big head scratcher.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden undergoes back surgery : If only he knew when not to sign them in the first place
    Posted by JetMangione

Yes, predicting injuries is easy, isn't it??!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden undergoes back surgery : Yes, predicting injuries is easy, isn't it??!!
    Posted by agcsbill

LOL.  I can only speak for myself when I forget that hind-sight is 20-20...and that the crystal ball I have on my desk is really just a rock.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden undergoes back surgery : That is the dumbest argument. If BB had any idea how good Tom Brady would be, I am sure he would left on him on the board for 199 picks before taking him. Here is a list of guys that Belichick thought were better, and he needed to be sure that he got them before Tom Brady: Adrian Klemm, JR Redmond, Greg Randall, Dave Stachelski, Jeff Marriott and Antwan Harris.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm

If only.............Hindsight is 20/20 (Dumb? No I don't think so!)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Bodden undergoes back surgery:
    I couldn't see anything on this, sorry if it's been posted already.  per PFT: Cornerback Leigh Bodden ’s release by the Patriots took a lot of people by surprise. He didn’t immediately get another job (he worked out for the Chiefs), and now we know why. His agent Alvin Keels revealed Thursday that Bodden just underwent surgery for a herniated disc in his back. Bodden suffered the injury in Week One against the Dolphins and played through it to increasingly poor results. Bodden, who signed a nice contract after the 2009 season, hasn’t been fully healthy for a complete game since he signed that deal.
    Posted by TFB12

Perhaps the guy gets props for playing through pain. Explains why his performance was spotty.

He came off a tough shoulder injury and it appears he tried to work through this back issue as well. Two years in a row on out of football stinks if you love the game and want to help your team win.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

To all the haters saying Bodden was just another bad BB free agent signing who was never any good, choke on it... injuries happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

That's sad news.  He was one of the three best corners they have had in the past 10 years before he was injured.  I can't imagine he will ever be able to play again, but in a dream world he would rejoin the Pats next year and play up to his 2009 standard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

(Alvin Keels, the day Leigh Bodden was released) "Leigh is totally healthy and can contribute right away"...

I love agent speak...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

So many people were talking against BB. May be he knows what he is doing! I still trust BB! 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts