Bodden.??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Bodden.??

Anyone know what the deal is with Bodden's injury? We gave him the big deal he wanted and he hasn't seen the field. I can't even remember when he got hurt. He hasn't practiced in weeks...........what gives??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Bodden.??

I'm assuming it's nothing ultra serious and they're just being cautious. He seems to be the most reliable option in our secondary so I imagine they'll just plug him right in come gametime.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

he said that it was precautionary that he should sit out because of the injury
    hell be back before week 1 and he said it wasnt serious

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Both Bodden and Guyton have a minor knee injury. They are being kept out due to precaution. They will both be present for week 1. 

These games don't mean anything, why risk further injury? Both made the trip to ATL, though. That tells me that they were game time scratches. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I was talking to Bill last night and he said he wanted to play him in the next preseason game but I told him to be cautious and wait for the regular season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

I must have missed the knee injury thing.....@ Shenanigans you are to much...........thanks guys........I am so glad the season is back ..........I understand the whole injury thing in not wanting to worsen it but everyone needs practice.......just aski A.I.............MAN WE TALKING BOUT PRACTICE MAN......

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm concerned about Bodden and Guyton.  The Pats have a history of being silent about guys until they end up on IR for the season.  Bodden would be a bigger loss than Guyton because of the youth (and therefore questions) at corner, but Guyton is a nice guy to have around to play middle LB on passing downs.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Guyton never did anything for me........I would be surprised if he makes the final 53........especially with Spikes and Cunningham in the fold now..........if someone is injured he may stick around..........he is awful in pass coverage.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden.??:
    [QUOTE]Guyton never did anything for me........I would be surprised if he makes the final 53........especially with Spikes and Cunningham in the fold now..........if someone is injured he may stick around..........he is awful in pass coverage.....
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Wait you want to get rid of Guyton because we have Spikes and Cunningham.  Cunnigham HASNT EVEN BEEN ABLE TO PRACTICE let alone been in a game.  You want to get rid of a proven guy for someone that hasnt stepped on the field yet?

No thanks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Guyton never did anything for me........I would be surprised if he makes the final 53........especially with Spikes and Cunningham in the fold now..........if someone is injured he may stick around..........he is awful in pass coverage.....
    Posted by EASON11[/QUOTE]

Right now, the Pats have 13 LBs (including hybrid DE-LBs) on their roster--Guyton, Mayo, Spikes, Cunningham, Burgess, TBC, Alexander, Woods, Ninkovich, Murrell, McKenzie, Williams, and Fletcher. Assuming Guyton's injury isn't serious, I think he'll make the team simply because he's the most versatile back-up linebacker they have, able to play both MLB and OLB. But a lot will depend on Guyton's special teams play, because the guys he's competing against (Woods, Alexander, etc.) have been prominent special teams players over the past few years. Guyton's problem is he's a bit of a tweener, able to play a lot of LB positions reasonably well, but not really great at any one of them. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Both Bodden and Guyton have a minor knee injury. They are being kept out due to precaution. They will both be present for week 1.  These games don't mean anything, why risk further injury? Both made the trip to ATL, though. That tells me that they were game time scratches. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Why is Welker playing is a  pre-season game? Pedey came back too early and look at what happened.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

[QUOTE]   Manza-Young stated she knew of a current Pats player's injury to be "serious", which concerns me with Guyton since he is the only one we don't have any info on.  Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Russ - See comment from SMY below.  The way I read it, Guyton is fine.  Also, I think she is saying that Bret Lockett is the seriously injured player that's out right now - but I could be wrong.  

Shalise Manza Young: 
    David - I think it is a mixture of both - they're being overly cautious with some guys and I know of at least one that is serious. With Leigh Bodden and Tully Banta-Cain, those I'm pretty sure are in the cautious category - the Pats need those guys and there's no sense risking their health in the preseason. I think Gary Guyton falls into that group as well. I know Bret Lockett had surgery and will be out for an extended length of time (if not placed on IR).

The above was copied from this Chat post - 
    http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2010/08/patriots_chat_a.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Not Bret Lockett!  

Sections
Shortcuts