Bodden

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

Re: Bodden

He's definitely improving every week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

He's been real good so far.  If he keeps this up I hope we keep him around.  I think he'll be gone after the year though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah agree all the way. Unfortunately he was smart and only signed a 1 year deal. he is setting up for a big pay day and with the young higher draft pick corners on the roster there is probably little chance of him staying in N.E. I hope he plays his behind off for that contract though!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

I actually liked him better than Spring when they worked both out during off season. Younger and had success under the same defense system during his cleveland time. And if anything, big Chad Johnson fan here, I trust Mr.85's scouting report "one of the best corners in the league".

I think once he gets more comfortable within the system, those INT will come. He has the speed and ball skill to be a big playmaker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wreford1. Show Wreford1's posts

Not sure if the one year deal was Bodden's choice or if the pats gave him a year to prove himself. If he delivers I believe BB will offer up a longer term deal. Just my thoughts on it...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Bodden:
    [QUOTE]Not sure if the one year deal was Bodden's choice or if the pats gave him a year to prove himself. If he delivers I believe BB will offer up a longer term deal. Just my thoughts on it...
    Posted by Wreford1[/QUOTE]

I hope your right, but if I remember correctly we offered him a deal which he turned down only to sign a 1 year deal a few days later. Thats what i recall reading during off season anyway.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

[QUOTE]I actually liked him better than Spring when they worked both out during off season. Younger and had success under the same defense system during his cleveland time. And if anything, big Chad Johnson fan here, I trust Mr.85's scouting report "one of the best corners in the league". I think once he gets more comfortable within the system, those INT will come. He has the speed and ball skill to be a big playmaker.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

INTs are a bit of an overrated stat.  While they might be valuable to the team it means that they are throwing at the guy the CB is covering.  I think a better stat is how many times they throw at the guy the DB is covering, penalties called against and yards per catch/post catch. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I think the most impressive player on defense is James Sanders guy is a beast hits soo hard great help the run and pass.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

lol

tooo bad springs got the multi year deal

bodden will have a great season and go for the big bux in free agency

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

Bodden and the Pats both wanted to get a long term deal worked out, they weren't able to agree with anything right away but Bodden wanted to be here so he signed a 1 year deal and he said right after the signing he hopes they'll work out a long term deal during the season.  The issue with the long term deal could have been just the Pats waiting to see whats going to happen with the CBA, they haven't done much in terms of contracts that extend past 2010 so who knows.  Hopefully he's around next year, I think Bodden would be our best CB since Law.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I was at the game on Sunday and he was very good. Bodden was hitting anyone who came near him. And he was hitting guys as soon as they got the ball not allowing them to get any extra yards after the catch. he jams them at the line and he plays hard. I like this guy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

lucky you to be at the game.. I am down in Austin Texas, the land of heat and no rain.. :-(

But I do have the NFL sunday ticket so I do watch all the games on TV. :-) Been a big fan of the Pats ever since I was a student at BU.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]Since Samuel you mean.  
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

I think Bodden at least can be better than Samuel.  He's more physical that Samuel is and if you compare both of their 2007 seasons Samuel had 9 picks I think it was and Bodden had 6 but he also had 3ff and 3fr, he's more of a complete back than Samuel is.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

physical? I don't know about that, Samuel can just flat out lay a guy out. I haven't seen or heard too much of Bodden though, which is a good thing with corners.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

[QUOTE]lucky you to be at the game.. I am down in Austin Texas, the land of heat and no rain.. :-( But I do have the NFL sunday ticket so I do watch all the games on TV. :-) Been a big fan of the Pats ever since I was a student at BU.
    Posted by saigonsmuggler[/QUOTE]

Greetings to a fellow BU alum and Pats Fan!  Class of '90 and '93

Bodden is good and doesn't try to jump routes (so far) just to pad his stats.... looks OK if you make the pick, but if not you get burnt.

I'm also impressed with McGown.

DBs did well against TO and Gonz....

Real test will be Reggie Wayne and Paidton Manning

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

He is just a tough DB, he likes contact and he shows it. I am not worried about his INT stats i just want to see him jamming people up and making big tackles the way he has been. Sure a pick here and there would be great but i dont care as long as he keep playing the way he is now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

[QUOTE]lucky you to be at the game.. I am down in Austin Texas, the land of heat and no rain.. :-( But I do have the NFL sunday ticket so I do watch all the games on TV. :-) Been a big fan of the Pats ever since I was a student at BU.
    Posted by saigonsmuggler[/QUOTE]

Saigonsmuggler, I'm up in Vermont the land of cold and rain/snow want to trade?
    Soon this place will become the Vertmotic Circle...:^)   go PATS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

class of '92... was also working at Bull in Billerica at the time. I miss that area. I really miss the snow, so I am willing to trade, roadking! haha

Down here, nothing but the Longhorns and Jerry and his misfits. At least I can tolerate the longhorns a little (just a little) but Jerry is something else. In week 2, my mourning for the sad loss to the Jets was lessened somewhat when Jerry's misfits blew their game too! haha

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

I really miss the snow, so I am willing to trade, roadking! haha

I'll fill my dump truck and bring it to ya...:^)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Bodden and the Pats both wanted to get a long term deal worked out, they weren't able to agree with anything right away but Bodden wanted to be here so he signed a 1 year deal and he said right after the signing he hopes they'll work out a long term deal during the season.  The issue with the long term deal could have been just the Pats waiting to see whats going to happen with the CBA, they haven't done much in terms of contracts that extend past 2010 so who knows.  Hopefully he's around next year, I think Bodden would be our best CB since Law.
    Posted by mikec645[/QUOTE]

Good Point possible candidate for franchise tag next year to wait for 2011 talks.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I was really happy with the Bodden signing. Good size and a veteran in his prime. Plus excelled in Crennel's aka BB system. Really don't think he'd do much on any other team should he leave, more a product of the system.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I am impressed with the new secondary. You have to admit, The pats would have at least 2 more superbowl rings if they had a better secondary the past few years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from uncommon-sense. Show uncommon-sense's posts

TrueChamp part of Bodden's 1 year deal included provisions that he can not be franchised.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bodden : Samuel decleated Jeb Putzier and Ricky Williams.  Samuel was very good at using the sideline to tackle, good in run support on the edge and obviously incredible baiting QBS with tremendous closing speed.  So, Bodden being anywhere near as good as that would be huge. He is off to a good start. The passing game so far has done very little on his side, just as QB's barely threw at Samuel.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Samuel paid for baiting QB's more than once, he got better at it as he went on but it was always a concern from his side.  Not to mention he cost us the super bowl dropping that pick at the end of the game.

Sections
Shortcuts