Bold Bold Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Bold Bold Prediction

Hear me out......

NE drafts Tim Tebow with one of their first 4 picks in the 2010 if he's available.  Grooms him to be Brady's eventual replacement, no rush as they will most likely resign Brady following the 2011 (he'll be 34) season for an additional 3 years or so.  Grooming a QB long term seemed to work well for San Fran in the 90's (Montana to Young) and Green Bay could see the same pay off soon with Aaron Rodgers who sat behind Favre for 3 years before getting his chance to start last year.

The guy is a winner, he's built like a brickhouse, has leadership skills that are off the charts and is very smart, tough and athletic.  Essentially he's what you want, leading your team into battle. He also has an NFL caliber arm, can make all the throws and is mobile.  He will need some extended time under center/dropping back and reading NFL defenses, but that is where the development time comes into play, again, he's an extremely smart/cerebral player.  It would only be added value to have a QB who can throw AND run if needed, with some wildcat possiblities. 

I'm crazy for thinking NE would look at a spread QB?  Well NE is one of 4 teams that have consulted Florida HC Urban Meyer about the spread offense and Tebow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from iclaudius. Show iclaudius's posts

Re: Bold Bold Prediction

Our super high pick (presumably) is in 2011.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Bold Bold Prediction:
    [QUOTE]Our super high pick (presumably) is in 2011.
    Posted by iclaudius[/QUOTE]

Correct, however as of right now, he's not projected to go high in the first round.  Certainly things could change between now and April 2010, but IMO he's certainly on the radar..if they want him, they can get him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Better keep this quiet in case other teams get a similar idea.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Well he may not go high, but will he fall to 32??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Well he may not go high, but will he fall to 32??
    Posted by NEGAME[/QUOTE]

Too early to tell at this point.  It's well publicized that a lot of teams question how he'll transition to the NFL (may be posturing), so it's possible he could slip.  How low he'd slip is anyone's guess.

They have the ammo to move up if they feel he's a fit.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Too early to look for our next franchise QB I think... Brady could play for 18 years like what's his face...favor? farve? favre? lol.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Too early to look for our next franchise QB I think... Brady could play for 18 years like what's his face...favor? farve? favre? lol.
    Posted by Irkillendem[/QUOTE]

I'd assume Brady has too much class to pull the same BS that Brett Fav..re has pulled the last 3 years ha.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bold Bold Prediction : I'd assume Brady has too much class to pull the same BS that Brett Fav..re has pulled the last 3 years ha.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Yes.  But Brady is already on record as saying he wants to play for another 10 years, and if he is still fit, he might want to continue even longer.  Her really missed football last year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bold Bold Prediction : Yes.  But Brady is already on record as saying he wants to play for another 10 years, and if he is still fit, he might want to continue even longer.  Her really missed football last year.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

We'll certainly have to wait and see how it plays out.....however I don't believe a 40 year old QB has ever lead his team to the playoffs. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

No! Tim Tebow isn't a NFL QB. In NCAAF he is bigger or the same size as most of the kids he plays with, but when he goes pro he's going to be riddled with injuries. Hoyer is my vote for Brady's replacement. In my opinion, Tebow isn't better than McCoy, Snead, or Bradford. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

[QUOTE]No! Tim Tebow isn't a NFL QB. In NCAAF he is bigger or the same size as most of the kids he plays with, but when he goes pro he's going to be riddled with injuries. Hoyer is my vote for Brady's replacement. In my opinion, Tebow isn't better than McCoy, Snead, or Bradford. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

hoyer? ahem....I think that's pushing it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bold Bold Prediction : hoyer? ahem....I think that's pushing it.
    Posted by Irkillendem[/QUOTE]

They said the same thing about Brady. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bold Bold Prediction : They said the same thing about Brady. 

True but I'm not going to hang my hopes on it. Brady has atleast 5 years left in him, how old will Hoyer be then?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Dude, that's a bold prediction...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]No! Tim Tebow isn't a NFL QB. In NCAAF he is bigger or the same size as most of the kids he plays with, but when he goes pro he's going to be riddled with injuries. Hoyer is my vote for Brady's replacement. In my opinion, Tebow isn't better than McCoy, Snead, or Bradford. 

Hey I don't mind if you disagree, but why don't you think he's an NFL QB?  Are you questioning his size?  The guy is listed at 603 245, built like a tank...........Hoyer is listed at 6-2 215.

What makes McCoy, Snead and Bradford better than Tebow in your opinion?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeonLike. Show LeonLike's posts

Hey can any of you A holes read this or did the F'N Mods rain on Leons parade?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

tebow,will be a good QB.it just wont be with the pats.the pats will be targeting a pass rusher with there top pick next year.it could be a good while before we see the pats draft a QB in the first round.plus look for one if not two of the second round picks get traded.rather to move up,or down in the draft,or for the following year.possibly turning one of them into a 1st round pick in 2011.that would give the pats three 1st rounders in 2011.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Dude, that's a bold prediction...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

As a fan, would you like this move?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]tebow,will be a good QB.it just wont be with the pats.the pats will be targeting a pass rusher with there top pick next year.it could be a good while before we see the pats draft a QB in the first round.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

I agree that they need a pass rusher and could very well target one, however one thing I've learned about following Belichick lead drafts is that we generally can't predict what they're going to do.  They will generally draft the best "football player" left on the board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bold Bold Prediction : I agree that they need a pass rusher and could very well target one, however one thing I've learned about following Belichick lead drafts is that we generally can't predict what they're going to do.  They will generally draft the best "football player" left on the board.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE] in a lot of cases,this is true,but the pats will be loseing a lot of players next year,and may only be able to retain a couple of them,and may need the draft to replace the rest.depending on what there caproom will be next year the free agency is a question mark.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Tebow runs alot and that gets QBs killed(ask Mo Lewis) in the NFL (that league where the players are bigger than the ones at Troy State or whatever crappy college team Tebow puts up 40+ points against). I think Tebow has tremendous talent, but I don't know that he is as smart as Brady or Manning and the intelligence and intangibles a QB has are as important as the physical attributes. I suppose their is coaching connection. Another impediment will be that Pats will have to trade up to get Tebow (anywhere from top ten to top twenty). There is a dearth of QBs in the NFL, some team will take Tebow in the 1st round; it's just a matter of when and where. I don't think the Pats need a top ten pick to get a successful QB. They are very capable of grabbing some relatively unknown QB and coaching him up to be a quality starter.

Not so long ago alot of people,on this board, thought Darren MacFadden would make the Pats O unstoppable. Turns out Randy Moss and Wes Welker made this offense unstoppable not the top ten pick. I am certain that when it comes time for the Pats to draft Brady's successor, they will take this issue very seriously. Tebow sounds like a sexy pick right now. Do you think he will be as good or better than Brady ? I seriously doubt it, but I could be wrong. I also think the Pats have a window of opportunity for winning SBs as long as Brady is around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Tebow runs alot and that gets QBs killed(ask Mo Lewis) in the NFL (that league where the players are bigger than the ones at Troy State or whatever crappy college team Tebow puts up 40+ points against). I think Tebow has tremendous talent, but I don't know that he is as smart as Brady or Manning and the intelligence and intangibles a QB has are as important as the physical attributes. I suppose their is coaching connection. Another impediment will be that Pats will have to trade up to get Tebow (anywhere from top ten to top twenty). There is a dearth of QBs in the NFL, some team will take Tebow in the 1st round; it's just a matter of when and where. I don't think the Pats need a top ten pick to get a successful QB. They are very capable of grabbing some relatively unknown QB and coaching him up to be a quality starter. Not so long ago alot of people,on this board, thought Darren MacFadden would make the Pats O unstoppable. Turns out Randy Moss and Wes Welker made this offense unstoppable not the top ten pick. I am certain that when it comes time for the Pats to draft Brady's successor, they will take this issue very seriously. Tebow sounds like a sexy pick right now. Do you think he will be as good or better than Brady ? I seriously doubt it, but I could be wrong. I also think the Pats have a window of opportunity for winning SBs as long as Brady is around.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Sure he puts up some numbers against some inferior teams, but what elite BCS conference team/player doesn't?  The guy plays in the SEC, arguably the best conference in America, so his level of play isn't a question.

Not as smart based on what?  By all accounts Tebow's intangibles/intelligence are off the charts.

Tough to compare any college QB to Brady, who is in the conversation as best QB of all time.  Realistically Brady's don't come around every few years.  I'm assuming their goal would be to find a QB that can execute the offense at a high level and lead them to the playoffs/superbowl and not concentrate on finding someone as good as Brady.  That's like searching for the next Jordan......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

At 32 I think we are going to pick up a lineman, either O or D again and then look to round two for a passrusher.  We better contain costs and we can get a premiere rusher in 2011 when we trade down from Oaklands pick or trade it away for a free agent.

Cheers
    Geographer 91

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Tebow can make all the throws?

On what planet?